PDA

View Full Version : Swaying for a boy

DesiG
May 31st, 2016, 12:56 AM
Hello I am new here, and really don't even know if I am posting in the right place. So I have 4 wonderful daughters, and never tried to sway before. Well it's crazy that I came across this site, because have 2 weeks before Ttc I really wish I found this site before. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what to do for my last 2 weeks here are some of the things that I have been doing. I have been tracking my ovulation for 4 months now. Been adding fruits and veggies to my diet, which as before I never ate fruits and veggies. Started taking prenatal vitamins. Drinking green banana ground flaxseed smooties every moring. I eat Raisin Bran with almond milk with 2 eggs and toast. Starting working out with weights. Drinking lemon water and alkaline drops water. Checking my ph. Drinking V8 splash Fusion. Also got some Robitussin today. I was planning on doing to baking soda douche, but I see some people don't think its ok. If there is something I am missing please let me know. Praying for blue this time

Faithinpink
May 31st, 2016, 01:34 AM
Welcome and good luck. I'm the opposite to you I have 4boys and am swaying this time with hope to complete my family with a girl .
I don't have much advice but can say I was taking pre-natal vitamins 6mths prior when I conceived my last 2 boys and was taking alot of fish oil.
DH was also taking vitamins with zinc ...
I ate heaps , snacked heaps, woke in the night was addicted to chocolate and ate plenty I don't think I ever had low blood sugar lol.

All the best to you. And sending you ALL my BLUE dust Xxx
Hope you get your boy

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2016, 10:43 AM
Hi and welcome Desi!!

I want you to drop the flaxseed. There are phytoestrogens in flaxseed that may sway pink (and may not be good for pregnancy either.)

Check your ingredients on your V8 splash to be sure it doesn't contain Splenda or sucralose - they have started adding artificial sweeteners to some of the v8 drinks unfortunately.

I don't believe in the baking soda douches any more I'd much rather you used some Preseed if you don't have much EWCM. IF you have a lot of natural CM I'd just stick with that.

Be sure you're eating protein and carbs at every meal (and snack if you can!!)

Sending you tons of blue dust!

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2016, 10:44 AM
Oh and I'd add in probiotics and Vit. D up to 1000 IU (including what is in your prenatal.)

I'm sitting on the fence on fish oil. I am seriously thinking we need to cut back on it. No more than 250-500 mg a day.

DesiG
May 31st, 2016, 11:37 AM
Thank you so much for responding!! And so fast!! Really I never knew that someone else told me to take it for the Omega 3, but yes I will stop adding it to my smoothies. I just got the v8 Fusion yesterday, but yes I will check the back. Thank you so much! You ladys make me feel right at home here.

DesiG
May 31st, 2016, 11:46 AM
Thank you! With all my girls I was all about sweets, let me tell you I would bake a cake and eat half of it by my self. I never ate fruits or veggies. Never was a breakfast person or lunch person I would always just eat dinner and lots of snacks at night. Sweet ones, oh and chocolate cake or anything chocolate I would eat, Ive always been a chocolate person, but I have cut out chocolate and sweets for this soon to be baby. Thanks for your response very appreciated!!! Sending lots of pink dust your way. And I pray you get your girl. Praying for a son for me!!!!

DRV
May 31st, 2016, 04:29 PM
I wasnt swaying with my son but I did take fish oil (berleans) once a day and used pre-seed! Not sure if that swayed at all but definitely interesting. I did not use it this time as I'm swaying pink.

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2016, 01:31 PM
I know it was supposed to sway blue but newer evidence indicates that not only does it possibly sway pink, it very well may be unsafe for pre-pregnancy and thus I have you guys avoid it. (the flaxseed itself, that is. some still use flaxseed OIL which does not have the same compounds as the seeds do but honestly I don't love that, either.)

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2016, 01:32 PM
Thank you! With all my girls I was all about sweets, let me tell you I would bake a cake and eat half of it by my self. I never ate fruits or veggies. Never was a breakfast person or lunch person I would always just eat dinner and lots of snacks at night. Sweet ones, oh and chocolate cake or anything chocolate I would eat, Ive always been a chocolate person, but I have cut out chocolate and sweets for this soon to be baby. Thanks for your response very appreciated!!! Sending lots of pink dust your way. And I pray you get your girl. Praying for a son for me!!!!

:agree: That's very much a type of eating pattern we see with many of our pink mamas!! Skipping meals and eating mostly sweets and diet coke usually haha. :) Good luck and blue dust.

bre_cooper11
June 5th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Welcome!! I have 3 girls and 1 boy (from a previous relationship) and we are swaying boy. That was my diet, too. If I didnt have leftovers to eat, then I'd have a small salad, diet coke and a snack. Good luck!!