PDA

View Full Version : Def pos OPK this arvo....panic....what do I do now?

1moregirl
June 1st, 2016, 05:20 AM
Hi ladies. I'm desperate for a reply as its 7.15pm here. Do we BD tonight or leave it til tomorrow night? Turns out yesterday was not a pos OPK but the line was almost as a dark as the control line so we went ahead last night and BD. This morning's OPK was a pos but this afternoon's was a definite pos with second line MUcH darker than control line. Please see pic attached. My question is, what do we do? I was going to do SMEP for over 40 even though we are doing a girl sway and we BD last night. I am sure I will O tonight some time or tomorrow, possible even the day after tomorrow. Ideas please......

Pbn3
June 1st, 2016, 05:26 AM
Answered in other thread

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2016, 01:27 PM
At some point all this becomes crystal ball questions that I honestly don't know. I think that given your scenario you should always be in with best chance of conception due to the Goldie factor, but beyond that I simply don't know how it would affect odds of conception or swaying or anything else.

MrsGoodies
June 2nd, 2016, 05:34 PM
Isnt SMEP bd 3x in a row, skip, then 1 more?

What is your cm like? Is it drying up?

Why is your temp rising? Wouldnt that mean O?

Hell, you could have 2 eggs going 24 hr apart..... Hee hee...

I personally wouldnt worry about the BD as long as ou are doing it every 24-48 hrs.

If you ae worried, do a 36 hr BD, so if last was yesterday PM then have sex tomorrow AM, kwim?

1moregirl
June 3rd, 2016, 05:29 AM
Thanks MrsG. That's the idea I had too - will do a BD tomorrow morning and skip tonight. 3 days in a row is hard yakka. Lol! cM this arvo had turned more sticky and thick now too. I just freaked out this morning as the lady who wrote the SMEP book said in the book that ladies in their 40s who have 4 or more pos OPKs in a row may not being ovulating. But the FS and Gp both told me my blood hormone tests indicate that I am still definitely Oing. I just think I am ultra sensitive to these Ovuplan ones I have been using, whereas Clearblue usually narrows me down to just the two days. Anyway, we pretty much did something very similar to SMEP last cycle as well, FF rated me as having a high chance of success for pregnancy, yet nothing. So next week will be getting DH's SA test done and I will consider the hysteroscopy (unless, of course, I end up getting a BFP this time). I was admiring a school Mum's 6 week old baby girl today after school and my heart and soul just ached for a little pinkie pie of my own.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2016, 01:11 PM
Thanks MrsG. That's the idea I had too - will do a BD tomorrow morning and skip tonight. 3 days in a row is hard yakka. Lol! cM this arvo had turned more sticky and thick now too. I just freaked out this morning as the lady who wrote the SMEP book said in the book that ladies in their 40s who have 4 or more pos OPKs in a row may not being ovulating. But the FS and Gp both told me my blood hormone tests indicate that I am still definitely Oing. I just think I am ultra sensitive to these Ovuplan ones I have been using, whereas Clearblue usually narrows me down to just the two days. Anyway, we pretty much did something very similar to SMEP last cycle as well, FF rated me as having a high chance of success for pregnancy, yet nothing. So next week will be getting DH's SA test done and I will consider the hysteroscopy (unless, of course, I end up getting a BFP this time). I was admiring a school Mum's 6 week old baby girl today after school and my heart and soul just ached for a little pinkie pie of my own.

If you're getting AF every month then you're ovulating. Your test results also indicate that you're ovulating.

What you ahve to understand is that much of the info that's in those type of books is for people who have very little idea of their bodies. So some ladies are having really long cycles and getting positive OPK and assuming they ovulated when they didn't. I hear from people all the time who will insist they've ovulated even when they didn't get AF because they had a positive oPK. All she is saying is that many positive OPK does not necessarily mean O has occured and would be something to get checked out rather than having women assume they Oed on the basis of pos OPK when they did not. you have already BEEN checked out and have no reason to worry.

Remember, you may only be making a few good eggs a year and even women in their 20's only have a 20-40% chance of pregnancy in any given month. Some months just aren't THE month and in our 40's more and more months aren't THE month LOL> :)

1moregirl
June 4th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Atomic - Thankyou sooo much for your message. You must get sooo sick of repeating yourself to me and reassuring me. Everything you said above makes perfect sense. Thanks for your patience. Xx