PDA

View Full Version : VERY annoyed regarding moon signs! Atomic??

DRV
June 6th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Is there any merit to these moon signs or is it totally bogus? It keeps coming up in another group I've been lurking in and I just don't see how they can Be a sole factor to sway. . If you're "swaying" would it really matter if I conceived in a boy month? They swear only one person has ever been wrong. This makes me really upset because I don't know if I O'd 13th or 14th as temping has never worked for me. 13th was boy and 14th was girl. I've also read quite a bit on how temping isn't as accurate as we think at all so I'm not sure how they can even come to any of these conclusions! Not saying there is anything at all wrong with using it in your sway but for me it seems almost impossible to even time it out right anyways. If I O'd under a boy sign, do I still have a chance? Atomic didn't you conceive one of your boys in a girl sign? I swear I remember reading that way back when I was just a beginner reading sways! Wondering if I should have factored this into my sway. I started to and then realized I almost never would have O'd during a girl sign. It just didn't seem that important to me and my gut is usually dead on with these things. Hoping it was right this time.

Beau82
June 6th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Just a pile of phooey Imo. About as accurate as the Chinese gender chart and any of the old wives tales. You're going to get 50% accuracy with any of those things bc that's just how it works.
Science-backed things like the LE diet are what works. It just makes sense. Don't get hung up on it ☺

j2015
June 6th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Yes! ! I would love solid proof that this method does/does not work. Can we settle this?? Is anyone who charted during their BFP month and know the sex of their child willing so show us your chart so we can disprove this theory? ? I'm the kind of girl that needs to see the proof in the pudding ;)

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 06:06 AM
I charted during 4 bfp months. 3 boys, 1 unknown as yet. Waxing and waning gibbous moons for the 3 known boys. Not sure if you would want the charts since they weren't full or new moons....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

DRV
June 7th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I charted during 4 bfp months. 3 boys, 1 unknown as yet. Waxing and waning gibbous moons for the 3 known boys. Not sure if you would want the charts since they weren't full or new moons....

We mean moon signs (ex. Leo, cancer, etc. ) not moon phases. I conceived my DS in a new moon so I know that isn't fool proof by any means!

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 08:33 AM
We would still love to see the chart though :)

Throwaway_panther
June 7th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Ha. I actually did this one -- should be having a boy. Yeah, okay.

It's not real. Even needing "proof in the pudding" isn't scientific thought -- humans have relied on their own anecdotal observations for years before the scientific method and that used to be considered "legit." Look up spontaneous generation, or Aristotle's views on fertility. All things that, on the surface level, sure made sense/seemed real. Doesn't mean they were or are.

Getting valid, verifiable results is what's real. GD is so good about charting and getting as much info as possible over long periods BECAUSE that's what is closer to fact... not "well, even FIFTY people I know all swearing the moon sign thing is accurate" is still not actual fact because a.) small sample size b.) no way to check/double check accuracy of statements and/or c.) it can't be verified. Think of all of the people who don't say it's inaccurate because they're not even going INTO the threads on moon signs.

So, so many factors already disproving this notion. Believing in it is falling prey to the Burden of Proof (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof) fallacy. It's like Russell's teapot: it's so patently sensible to realize that moon signs are not an actual influence in fertility/the sex of conceived children, that it's not on people to disprove it.

ksmom
June 7th, 2016, 10:23 AM
There is no scientific evidence to back up moon signs and gender. None. It has a 50/50 shot of being right. OWTs are just that: occurrences that people take as fact because one thing in particular seemed true for a small group of people. It would not make ANY sense for gender to be decided solely because he/she was conceived under one particular moon sign. According to the moon sign OWT, it said boy for both my sons and says girl for this baby BUT I absolutely refuse to believe that this baby is a girl simply because of the sign we conceived under. IF this is a girl, it's because I swayed for a long time. I guarantee you that if a large study was done, that this "method" would be debunked. If it were always accurate then don't you think people in places like China would just use moon signs so they could only have sons?? It doesn't work. If it turns out to be right, it's pure luck/coincidence.

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 10:34 AM
We mean moon signs (ex. Leo, cancer, etc. ) not moon phases. I conceived my DS in a new moon so I know that isn't fool proof by any means!
Oh oops!! Well I have exact dates of conception for 4 pregnancies and know 3 genders...but don't know which sign correcponds where. Does it follow the same date cut offs as the astrological signs then? Aries from roughly March 21 through April 20, Taurus next etc?

DRV
June 7th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Oh oops!! Well I have exact dates of conception for 4 pregnancies and know 3 genders...but don't know which sign correcponds where. Does it follow the same date cut offs as the astrological signs then? Aries from roughly March 21 through April 20, Taurus next etc?

No they change roughly every 2-3 days! I think it's called luniatrium where you can enter your dates and it tells you. My son was also conceived under a boy sign so it does make me wonder. I just hope if there is truth to this that I swayed hard enough.

And I agree about China but it's really hard to follow this as they change so often and it's very hard to pinpoint ovulation exactly BEFORE it happens. It's possible but you never know until after and then it would be too late. I don't temp so I'm not sure what sign I actually conceived under. It does make me a little nervous though!

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Lunarium only gives me changes once a month...so I think I found the wrong site. Lunatrium didn't give me a site so I searched.... But it gave me boy, boy? and girl for my 3 known boys.

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 12:43 PM
http:// http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp (http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp) make sure you change the location to your closest city

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2016, 01:49 PM
If swaying works (and our stats and many studies show that it does) then it is because your overall environment sends a sigwnal to your body that a boy or a girl has a better chance of surviving to adulthood and passing down genes to future generations. It makes NO SENSE that any biological mechanism could have evolved so a boy would have a better chance on a Wednesday and then a girl on Thursday. So even setting the fact that it's magic and mysticism aside, it just cannot be true. (unless the world is totally magic and then in that case, then why does 12 weeks on diet get such good results???)

I will speculate about the reasons why they have this thread that purports all this success - this is all sheer speculation and my own opinion here. When I was on IG, they did still do the moon signs then and had NOTHING like that success rate, and they of course conveniently delete all those threads, just like they did the many years of TBM results that were 50-50 and left only the stats from the past year or two that were 70% and up, and the thread where Tamara claimed that every sway factor added a certain specific percentage to the overall success rate of the sway (which she totally made up). They also pick and choose in their stats who is included, putting in ONLY people who did 5 of 7 "sway factors" but also then include everyone who got their DG even when they DIDN'T do all those things (skewing their outcome to look more successful than it is). So I think, based on having witnessed them doing similar things with my own eyes, is that someone is manipulating the stats in this thread as well. Do I have proof that they do this, no, and I don't have time or inclination to hunt down their sway stats to prove it but it's what I think they're doing since I've seen them do it with other stuff. I don't even necessarily believe that they are doing it deliberately (and I know Tamara is not doing anything deliberately to mislead anyone) it's just that they do not know better and it's unconscious.

I agree exactly with what you're saying, DRV - they don't know when they ovulated for all the reasons we've gone over. Even highly trained experts could not pinpoint ovulation to the DAY, let alone to the hour, any better than 1 out of 3 days, about random chance. They pick and choose the time of ovulation and even things like the hour of the mother's birth (because seriously, do YOU know what hour you were born???) to make the outcome work with the moon phases.

Many people will NEVER O on the right phase or part of the moon cycle. I know of people on IG who swayed for 2 years and/or skipped several months a year out of their fertile lifespan to get things like biorhythms and moon phases and astrology all in line and got opposites anyway. On this site I put a much higher premium on quick conceptions because I know women back from my days on IG who went on and on and on doing all this stuff and never got pregnant. Some of them went on to have terrible struggles with infertility and some of them STILL do not have babies to this day, some of them lost their families even as the stress caused their marriages to disintigrate. They like to say "I'll go on swaying till menopause to have a perfect sway" and that is nonsense, it's really wrong and it ends up MAKING opposites because people think that if they can't do EVERYthing they may as well do nothing (of course those people are not welcome in their stats!!) The reason I mention this is not to toot our horn around here, but to absolve you guys of feeling like you've "wimped out" or whatever. The dynamic on that site is not sane and healthy for people and it has dire consequences in terms of your life in the long term and your ability to have more children now and in the future. It may not matter to a 21 year old but for people who are 38 it's too great a risk. "Wimping out" is BETTER than trying to do all these nonsense sway "factors".

The reason I do not have a "Voodoo debunked" essay, even though I know I should, is because I just really, really hate taking time from my children, from the people who need me, and from research that could actually be of benefit, for something that's so obviously nonsense.

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2016, 01:53 PM
We would still love to see the chart though :)

They had YEARS of moon sign threads on IG that WERE 50-50. Those are all deleted now. I saw them with my own eyes.

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2016, 01:55 PM
No they change roughly every 2-3 days! I think it's called luniatrium where you can enter your dates and it tells you. My son was also conceived under a boy sign so it does make me wonder. I just hope if there is truth to this that I swayed hard enough.

And I agree about China but it's really hard to follow this as they change so often and it's very hard to pinpoint ovulation exactly BEFORE it happens. It's possible but you never know until after and then it would be too late. I don't temp so I'm not sure what sign I actually conceived under. It does make me a little nervous though!

And this could have evolved...how?

Or was this designed by God (except that most Judeo-Christian-Islamic traditions do not believe in astrology)?

Or is it just magic? In which case why would it be that 12 weeks of diet and exercise could be making 70-75% girls for us and prenatal vitamins making boys 80% of the time if it's all just magic?

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Atomic after reading your post I almost cried.. it felt like a ton of bricks were finally lifted off of me. I feel like to put this all to rest for myself I would love to see a couple of charts ( even just two will do the trick) I just really would love to see an example or two for my own eyes.. so please any ladies willing to post their chart the month they got pregnant would be so much appreciated! :fingers:

Atomic I am still in my tww ( I am hoping I am not pregnant so I can redo my sway the right way but if I am not I am very excited about getting my package and working with you!!

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Okay..I will try giving you my charts. I'll start with my youngest boy:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/96a005c20a6f6cd2dca9167e0227749a.jpg

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I think, based on the fact that conception occurred...he was conceived April 1. Which would be Capricorn. If I go with when the fertilityfriend program thinks he was conceived, giving sperm the longest life I have ever heard of...it would be Pieces. (I don't know which are boy signs and which are girl signs)

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Second youngest son...only one choice for conception...June 21...is a Capricorn sign
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/997bb1f3b9318fa713abf7895903434b.jpg

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Thank you so much for thisi can't thank you enough <3 can I possibly get your closest city?

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:07 PM
2nd son is Libra
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/32f7a785de765121894acb57049bb820.jpg

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Sorry, I messed up...didn't notice it reset the calendar when I changed cities so my middle guy I posted (June 2010) was Scorpio not Capricorn.
Nearest city for Jan 2008 and March/April 2013 is Calgary, Canada. Nearest city for June 2010 is Toronto, Canada.

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I just took a look.. march 7 was Aquarius ( boy) so it was right for you .. ( it matters when the sperm met the egg and since you ovulated March 7th thats when conception happened. June 20 changed to male sign at 8am so it was again right for you.. :( this is sad

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:23 PM
April 7?? I haven't conceived in March ever. And I don't trust the april 7 ovulation. I think it is more likely April 1st. Sperm do not live 9 days. There were no sperm introduced to my system between March 30 and April 13. We were try to not get pregnant that cycle.

Throwaway_panther
June 7th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I just took a look.. march 7 was Aquarius ( boy) so it was right for you .. ( it matters when the sperm met the egg and since you ovulated March 7th thats when conception happened. June 20 changed to male sign at 8am so it was again right for you.. :( this is sad
Are you serious? Just like pinpointing ovulation, we REALLY can't know exactly when conception occurred. The time it takes for sperm to meet egg, egg to travel, and egg to implant varies from person to person.

I understand you're clearly anxious about this concept, but it's really frustrating to see such well evidenced responses to you still not be enough compared to your belief system. I honestly feel like there's no convincing you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:24 PM
June 20th...8am is too late lol. More like 6am. My dh took the red eye to London, Ontario. I had had my two boys in Ottawa for the week before visiting my little sister. Took the train to London on the 20th. He got in at 6am the 21st and I jumped him lol. Was trying to get pregnant and was miffed that all my signs said ovulation had already happened.

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Oops...just read that again. I'm getting confused now. :)

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Oh I'm sorry I didn't see an X on april 1st so assumed there was no bd that day.. april 1 was Sagittarius ( boy) so it seemed like it was right for all three

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:31 PM
We didn't bd April 1. :) Just March 30th and April 13th. I believe April 1 makes more sense for ovulation since conception occurred. And I got April 1 as Capricorn, not Sagittarius. You didn't weigh in on my January 2008...

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I meant to say june 20 was boy sign by 8am so by the 21 you were well into boy zone.to the poster above... I'm actually looking for just ONE chart to be wrong so one little wrong chart will ease my mind.. until I find a wrong chart I will still be sceptical

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Okay...I feel like you and I are looking at different calendars. I get that the moon sign changed on Monday, June 21, 2010 at 8am. Which is too late, imo.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/a7f35a309fb10f830cfffdc59e53a517.jpg

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Ahhh I see....sign changed to Capricorn too late in the day for you to consider April 1 as Capricorn.
I think that you are making the signs and times work for what you want them to be, which is accurate. I think this is a fun and silly game to play but have a hard time putting any stock in it's validity.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/b3409ab55270435b3334f1138fed2c42.jpg

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 03:57 PM
But then January 26th should be Libra...which is Scorpio is the boy sign...is Libra a girl sign? Or are there a bunch of boy signs back to back?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/5a2cf832c1ac35490512eea8bbc9473e.jpg

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I think I'm confused now.. you said you and dh dtd at 6am the 21st when he came home? If so I know they said it cN take hours for sperm to reach the egg so that would make sense?? I believe libra is boy

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Yes, 6am on Monday the 21st. The calendars kept throwing me for a loop since they are Monday starts.
What confuses me is if Scorpio is the boy sign, and you said it changed to the boy sign at 8am then how is Libra boy too? And Sagittarius is boy? That's three signs in a row that are boy?

Throwaway_panther
June 7th, 2016, 04:11 PM
I meant to say june 20 was boy sign by 8am so by the 21 you were well into boy zone.to the poster above... I'm actually looking for just ONE chart to be wrong so one little wrong chart will ease my mind.. until I find a wrong chart I will still be sceptical
Your real flaw is holding the charts to perfection when, again, the ability to chart ovulation AND conception is also flawed. Your "skepticism" truly is dogmatism here.

DRV
June 7th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Your real flaw is holding the charts to perfection when, again, the ability to chart ovulation AND conception is also flawed. Your "skepticism" truly is dogmatism here.

This is what I'm saying! There's no way to know, even by temping, what time the sperm met the egg. Temping has been shown to be pretty inaccurate.

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 04:38 PM
How do moon signs explain b-g twins?

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 07:14 PM
I was trying to understand this theory better. I finally managed to find this to tell me which signs are female and which are male.

"The moon can influence the sex of a child, depending if it is fathered on a male or a female day. A child, who is fathered on a day, when the moon stands in female sign, (Taurus, Cancer, Virgin, Scorpion, Aries, Pisces) tends to be a girl, a child, who is fathered on a male day (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius) tends to be a boy."

And given that of my 3 known boys, if I read the calendars correctly I have Scorpio, Pieces and Sagittarius signs...then that means 2 of my 3 boys should be girls. They are not. I do notice that a sign is missing in what I found since it lists Aries twice....

Throwaway_panther
June 7th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Moon signs have been right for both my kids. A friend of mine has done research on over 150 charts and haven't seen any wrong so far. I personally believe them and I think if someone else wants to believe them then let them. Stop trying to put them down for wanting to.
I am not religious, but I don't talk down people who use their faith to help get them through hard times like loss or GD. Someone clearly being unhappy and full of anxiety from their belief is an entirely different ball game.

j2015
June 7th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Just to be clear.. does the moon sign stuff stress me out? Yeah, mainly because I never fall on a boy moon but I wouldn't say I have anxiety or am unhappy about it nor do I have complete faith that's why having just one clearly be wrong is enough to decide it definitely doesn't work. I have many people saying it does work and many saying it doesn't, for ME I like to see the charts for myself so I can say 'I've seen it with my own two eyes' I would love to put this all to rest for myself. I'm not trying to start any arguments I'm just trying to figure out gender swaying. I guess for me what I'm looking for is something that you can't argue with. . For ex. If someone ovulated in a girl time frame ( not on a day where the signs changed because that can be argued) and was in a girl time frame for over 24 hours but went on to have a boy then that's it! It has been proven to not work. I know you all have seen countless charts for yourself where someone ovulated on a day that was one sign all day even into the next day and had the opposite. All I'm asking is to see them for myself. I'm not trying to prove to anyone that they work or don't work. I've seen proof from some ladies on IG that they work (or at least their just showing the ones that it worked for) now I would like to see the proof that it doesn't

Raezodal
June 7th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Just to be clear.. does the moon sign stuff stress me out? Yeah, mainly because I never fall on a boy moon but I wouldn't say I have anxiety or am unhappy about it nor do I have complete faith that's why having just one clearly be wrong is enough to decide it definitely doesn't work. I have many people saying it does work and many saying it doesn't, for ME I like to see the charts for myself so I can say 'I've seen it with my own two eyes' I would love to put this all to rest for myself. I'm not trying to start any arguments I'm just trying to figure out gender swaying. I guess for me what I'm looking for is something that you can't argue with. . For ex. If someone ovulated in a girl time frame ( not on a day where the signs changed because that can be argued) and was in a girl time frame for over 24 hours but went on to have a boy then that's it! It has been proven to not work. I know you all have seen countless charts for yourself where someone ovulated on a day that was one sign all day even into the next day and had the opposite. All I'm asking is to see them for myself. I'm not trying to prove to anyone that they work or don't work. I've seen proof from some ladies on IG that they work (or at least their just showing the ones that it worked for) now I would like to see the proof that it doesn't
I'm sorry my charts are too ambiguous for you. When I look at the calendars, there are very few days that would allow a clear cut boy or girl sign that also then stays that way for 24h. Since for the most part they are changing every 2 days. Which is probably why so many people will say, oh yes, it worked for me, because the results could go either way. I'm sorry you are feeling stressed about this.

Pbn3
June 7th, 2016, 11:03 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/7e5d4715c7209083fc3426131d0c1dbe.jpgI'm simply curious and hoping someone could check what mine indicated for ds2. (Chinese gender calculator said girl lol) I put in the relevant details and while I don't have a chart I clearly remember ff indicating I oed 23rd August (yes I know its not exact but just for the sake of curiosity let's say it is :) ) I remember because I got an early bfp at what was considered 8dpo and my friends wedding that I had been looking really forward to was 3 days later (on a Tuesday and island destination) I was worried about how I would hide the 'not drinking' lol. I hope I'm not bothering anyone with this I'm simply curious :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

j2015
June 8th, 2016, 03:47 AM
The 23rd was a girl moon until 5pm and then changed to boy sign for the rest of the day :)

j2015
June 8th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Raezodal it's ok thank you for trying

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2016, 01:37 PM

But there were DOZENS of wrong moon signs in threads that were very, very long back on IG. They have evidently been deleted now in favor of this new one. I saw them during my time on IG from 2008-2011, and have no motivation to lie about that because all I want is for you guys to get your desired gender. If there was something out there that actually worked like magic, I would be on that like white on rice, as we say. My ONLY motivation is to get you guys your desired gender, not be "right" or get money out of this (because I'd rather do it for free so I could have a day off now and then haha). But there isn't because magic isn't real, and it has caused tons of heartbreak for people taking 2 years to get pregnant only to have opposites, or TTC for 2 years only to end up unable to get pregnant at all. For something that simply cannot work.

Do you see how unlikely it is, all this jockeying around this hour or that? That's all the lady does on IG. She messes around with it till it comes out right. I am not even saying this is deliberate, if she is a true believer it may be totally unconscious. But it does not make any sense. It has been shown in very good studies that even highly trained experts cannot even get the DAY of their ovulation right, let alone the hour. We would not be getting good results with diet and exercise alone if this was some sort of magical quick fix.

One more question meant as food for thought. IF moon signs are working 100% of the time on IG, then why do they recommend diet and all that other junk they do?? I mean if I saw something that seemed to be working 100% of the time I would seize that and have everyone do everything they could to get pregnant while doing ONLY the moon signs. But they keep on plugging with all the other stuff because they know on some level that it is just so much stuff and nonsense. :)

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I am not religious, but I don't talk down people who use their faith to help get them through hard times like loss or GD. Someone clearly being unhappy and full of anxiety from their belief is an entirely different ball game.

NO one is putting anyone down here. I'm just trying to share what I believe is going on - which is since studies show that even highly trained experts in natural family planning cannot get their DAY of ovulation right, let alone the hourm, and since these moon signs change within a 2 day period and could thus be easily messed around with just as we are witnessing J do with Rae's charts, and since I have seen people on IG, even the forum leaders, deleting and manipulating threads and statistics, and since I saw with my own eyes long threads when I was on IG that had dozens of wrong moon sign conceptions, and since it additionally makes no sense biologically OR religiously (because I do not think God operates like this, like Einstein said God doesn't play dice with the universe), and since we know that diet and exercise and Clomid are swaying hugely and thus it cannot be down to magic, then this approach makes no sense and I would love to let everyone be at ease since many of us will never O in the right time frame.

If this was harmless fun like symptom spotting and heartbeat (even though I do think those things mess with people's minds hugely) I would probably just issue my standard "this doesn't work" and walk away. But people are taking YEARS to conceive and getting opposites anyway, and some of them, people who I know firsthand, wasted so much time chasing after the IG smoke and mirrors that they have no baby to this very day and are out tens of thousands of dollars in fertility treatments and have several miscarriages. This isn't harmless and that doesn't even MENTION the number of people who give up on swaying all together because it seems so ridiculously complex that no one can get it right or people like J and DRV who are stressed over it. ANYTHING that makes people miss months they could be TTC out of that limited fertile time we are given, and doesn't even help with swaying at all, is not harmless. It's actively harmful and actively harming everyone who is skipping months based on magic and mysticism.

If swaying works it is because it confers a benefit to odds of survival to pass down genes to future generations. Whether evolution or God, the result is the same. If anyone can explain how conceiving a baby at 8 am vs. 8 pm could possibly help the survival of a boy vs. a girl I'd love to hear what that is.

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Panther, i tried several times to quote the other statement and yours kept popping up. That wasn't directed at you, it's directed at the other poster.

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2016, 01:52 PM
The 23rd was a girl moon until 5pm and then changed to boy sign for the rest of the day :)

Does this make any sense though?

Do you see how easily this could be manipulated?

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry my charts are too ambiguous for you. When I look at the calendars, there are very few days that would allow a clear cut boy or girl sign that also then stays that way for 24h. Since for the most part they are changing every 2 days. Which is probably why so many people will say, oh yes, it worked for me, because the results could go either way. I'm sorry you are feeling stressed about this.

:agree: if highly trained experts cannot get their day of ovulation right any better than 1 of 3 days using charting, and moon signs change every 2 days, you can see how someone, either deliberately or unconsciously, could easily futz with the day of ovulation or the hour to make something come out 100% accurately.

Just want to state again this may very well not be a deliberate thing. May be unconscious.

j2015
June 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM
My husband thinks this site opposed to IG is the one to listen to and the one that makes the most sense. He has been so patient and kind throughout all of this for the sake of my marriage and sanity I'm going to put try and put all of this behind me. The thing is in the back of my mind I keep thinking ' how can this even work?' But my gullible side just takes over sometimes

Throwaway_panther
June 8th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Panther, i tried several times to quote the other statement and yours kept popping up. That wasn't directed at you, it's directed at the other poster.
Haha, thank you for clarifying! I was gonna say, "I agree, I agree!" Lol!

Beau82
June 8th, 2016, 08:48 PM
I admit I know nothing about this theory but I did read someone say on ig that you have to know when sperm meets egg to get an accurate result...and that made LOL because I'm pretty sure that's impossible to chart.

That's what gets me! I mean, I guess you could potentially know if you were under ultrasound surveillance for like 48 hours straight and you could actually watch it happen or something. lol
To me, it's just one of those convenient things where you can easily say "yes it's right b/c the moon changed to a female sign at 5pm and the sperm *probably* met the egg at 8:30". But what if it met the egg at 3:30? It's completely impossible to know that and I don't care if I saw 1000 charts that were "right". Total nonsense.

atomic sagebrush
June 9th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I admit I know nothing about this theory but I did read someone say on ig that you have to know when sperm meets egg to get an accurate result...and that made LOL because I'm pretty sure that's impossible to chart.

That's how so much of their stuff is. "They just know". They just know when they conceived, so O+12 works. They just know, so moon signs work, or biorhythms work, or Shettles works, or any number of things work. But THEY DON'T KNOW and it's not only been proven in studies, but also in their own darn experiences when tons of people's charts did not match the time at which they HAD to have conceived. (like they just KNOW and then their chart shows they ovulated already when they thought they had conceived or didn't BD in what they thought was their fertile window leaving some impossible BD to be "the" BD like 8 days before or whatever, or that their O was delayed a week and they conceived later than they thought). "They just know" is not a valid method of detecting when you ovulated. :)

BunnyGirl19
June 9th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I just checked with DS3 and he should be a girl under this theory. So should DS2 (my failed IG sway). It was right for DD. I didn't bother to look for DS1 or the twins.

mommymachine
June 9th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure if this has been said already, but whenever things like this pop up (moon signs, Chinese calendar, etc.) you need to consider boy/girl twins. They are the most common type of non-identical twins. It just doesn't make any sense!

Mommy to 5 with number 6 due in June!!

j2015
June 9th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Correct me if I am wrong.. I think I vaguely remember someone on IG explain that if one sperm meets the egg at 2:05 (girl moon) and another at 2:06 (now changed to male moon) that is how boy/girl twins are concieved. Not saying I believe that but I am pretty sure that was their explanation for that

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Oh, now I see. It all makes sense now.

(that's a joke)

Does this add up to you? ONE MINUTE could make the difference in outcome between a boy and a girl?? Again, if true, how could we get results with Clomid/Femara for pink, prenatals for blue, diet, exercise, and number of attempts? Why would guys who jog and bike and smoke regular and special tobacco make more girls? If it all boils down to one minute, then why would 12 weeks or longer on diet make girls for us vs. 2-4 weeks which is much lower success rates?

It doesn't even make sense biologically because how could you then use this as a sway tactic? If you BD and then Sperm A meets an egg at 2:05 and Sperm B meets an egg at 2:06 that is down to sheer luck and I'd say what's the point of even bothering?

All this is just a way for them to put their fingers in their ears and deny the reality that it's not possible to sway gender 100% They want to encourage people sway with a 100% guarantee, make it impossible to get it right so there is always some reason to find fault with a sway, and then blame it on the people who get opposites.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I just checked with DS3 and he should be a girl under this theory. So should DS2 (my failed IG sway). It was right for DD. I didn't bother to look for DS1 or the twins.

Thanks! And you know if you posted those charts they would be all like, "well that was because sperm didn't meet egg until 10:07 because that's when the girl sign changed to boy." :p

j2015
June 10th, 2016, 03:15 PM
That's the one thing I never understood. I remember reading that artificial insemination sways boy so how does that work because I'm sure the chances they were all in a boy time is pretty slim. I guess I just get really gullible sometimes

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2016, 03:20 PM
It's not being gullible, it's just that we'd all LOVE this to be that easy. I sure would!! it would be so nice if we could look at a calendar or have some blood test done that would tell us EXACTLY 100% how to get a boy or a girl. But it just doesn't work.

foxymrsg
June 10th, 2016, 04:38 PM
That's the one thing I never understood. I remember reading that artificial insemination sways boy so how does that work because I'm sure the chances they were all in a boy time is pretty slim. I guess I just get really gullible sometimes

Ah don't feel gullible we have all been there! When I was pregnant with ds2 I didn't know what I was having so was searching biorhythms etc which showed girl aparantly and I done an IG sway but was silly enough to think that because I'd drunk a bit of cranberry juice and dtd when the Chinese calendar said it would get me a girl i thought for sure he'd be a girl! Oh and the good old shettles method!:sigh: So please don't feel like you've been gullible a lot of people on that site believe it which helps make it convincing but looking back now compared to this site I can't believe I believed it without scientific back up! That all being said I'd never go back in time and change my ds2 for a girl.
Welcome to GD it really is a nice and very informative place to be. Atomic genuinely wants everyone to get their DG and I'm glad your husband is supportive and agrees with this site too! :happy:

j2015
June 10th, 2016, 08:04 PM
My husband is a peach.. He's all about science and logic, when I told him about IG he scratched his head and said ' whatever makes you happy' he even started taking the supplements and then when I found GD I startes reading the articles and philosophy and his eyes lit up he said ' now THIS makes more sense.. I didn't want to upset you but that other site didn't make sense, my mother drinks milk by the gallon and last time I checked I'm not a girl, plus I'm not sticking my ****anywhere where there was previously baking soda or egg whites' :bigsmile: he is definitely on board this time. He honestly doesn't care if we have a boy or another girl but he knows how important this is to me so he's going to be supportive but he's definitely interested in this site.. He's the science guy in the family so if he says this is the site to be on then I'm saying goodbye to IG and going full in on GD

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Let us know how we can help you guys get that baby boy!!! :)

j2015
June 11th, 2016, 08:50 PM
:)Thank you so much

1moregirl
June 13th, 2016, 01:03 AM
I used to be a member on the IG website also and a lady on that site who was 'in charge' at the time of the moon sign stuff said to me that they went by the day on which O occurred to get the moon sign details. I posted a copy of my second child's chart (on paper back then) and she had the nerve to tell me 'I think you Oed on this day as the fits with having a girl baby.' But I know and had marked clearly when I Oed as I had done the BBTs and the OPKs. This same person also advised me to wait for months to make sure I Oed on the correct girl sign before trying to conceive. I turned 43 last year so like I had time to sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for 'the right girl moon sign?' I think it's a load of rubbish.

Bepan
June 13th, 2016, 04:10 AM
Wrong for both my boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
June 13th, 2016, 11:20 AM
I'm a very active member of IG and have been for over a year. I remember you very well when you were on IG. When asked about your charts for moon sign purposed you claimed you didn't have a chart and your definitely didn't post a chart Night Owl.
But I guess it is a good thing you find them rubbish because if you did ovulate when FF says you did then with your BD patterns it would likely be a boy.

And THIS harshness and snarky attitude is why so many people left IG. You have way too much time on your hands if you can remember all those details. Moon signs are an OWT. It's magic. Magic is an illusion.

nuthinbutpink
June 13th, 2016, 01:58 PM
I would love to know who would say that. It's always you guys coming on here and posting angry/ugly comments.

We left IG because we had fundamental issues with their swaying methodologies. If you want to believe you can see different gendered sperm with a children's microscope from toysrus, IG is the site for you.

I will not stoop to your level. Good luck with your sway.

Beau82
June 13th, 2016, 04:06 PM
=dontlikethetruth

Then why are you here? I am just honestly curious. You don't need to agree with everything on this site. If you prefer IG, then by all means, hang out there.

nuthinbutpink
June 13th, 2016, 04:13 PM
The troll has left the building. Trolls belong under rocks.

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2016, 11:51 AM
oh gee I missed all the fun! :)

I don't know who said what when where or why. What I do know is that I'm entitled to my opinion and am in a unique position as a longtime former member of IG, who has seen the effects that some of this stuff has had on people's lives and wellbeing, to share that. I actually feel a moral obligation to do so because I really, truly think that the approach of "BFN till menopause, consequences to life, health, marriage, fertility, and sanity be darned" because "mystical particles are coming from the moon and stars and shooting into the human vagina" is not a sound one.

I'm happy and proud to be able to offer people an option. (and thankful to nuthinbutpink for allowing me to do that) There's a site for everyone's tastes and I'm very pleased that we can do things our way here. Anyone who likes the IG way better, hang out there! You can still hang out here too if you want or not, if you want. That's totally cool, it's not a competition, any more than McDonald's vs Burger King is.

liny
June 16th, 2016, 04:58 AM
j2015 I'm totally hearing you i feel the same!

foxymrsg
June 20th, 2016, 04:21 PM
oh gee I missed all the fun! :)

I don't know who said what when where or why. What I do know is that I'm entitled to my opinion and am in a unique position as a longtime former member of IG, who has seen the effects that some of this stuff has had on people's lives and wellbeing, to share that. I actually feel a moral obligation to do so because I really, truly think that the approach of "BFN till menopause, consequences to life, health, marriage, fertility, and sanity be darned" because "mystical particles are coming from the moon and stars and shooting into the human vagina" is not a sound one.

I'm happy and proud to be able to offer people an option. (and thankful to nuthinbutpink for allowing me to do that) There's a site for everyone's tastes and I'm very pleased that we can do things our way here. Anyone who likes the IG way better, hang out there! You can still hang out here too if you want or not, if you want. That's totally cool, it's not a competition, any more than McDonald's vs Burger King is.

This actually made me LOL! We need a laughing button too like on FB! Very well said though, in true Atomic style! :happy:

1moregirl
June 21st, 2016, 01:58 AM
Good Lord....who was this 'don'tlikethetruth' character? I missed that reply to my earlier comment until now. Looks like I made a lot of friends when I was on IG doesn't it? All because I disagreed with the whole 'moon sign and phase' paraphernalia. Thanks for sticking up for me Anchor. Am already feeling a bit emotional today since I've just learnt I'm about to embark on my second miscarriage shortly. :(

1moregirl
June 21st, 2016, 02:00 AM
The troll has left the building. Trolls belong under rocks.

Thankyou for coming to my defence nuthinbutpink. I've only just come across all this today...the day I find out this pregnancy is not going to last either. Those people really do have nothing better to do. Almost like a stalker for me here on GD from IG.....she even knew my IG username too. How nasty...just because I questioned and refused to believe in their moon sign theories. :(

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2016, 03:47 PM
Oh, they're after me too. I wouldn't sweat it. let's just keep staying positive and focus on what we're doing here. :)

The Anchor
June 21st, 2016, 04:08 PM
Ignore button! :)