PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Guthrie pregnant at 44!

oceancitymom
June 7th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I love stories like this! Makes me, at just shy of 39, feel downright youthful! I wonder if she had fertility treatments. Happy to see no snide remarks about her age in the comment section, either...yet. Give it time, I'm sure. Congrats to her!

Savannah Guthrie Pregnant, Expecting Second Child (http://celebritybabies.people.com/2016/06/07/savannah-guthrie-pregnant-expecting-second-child/)

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I think people are starting to come around to the idea that pregnancy in late 30's and 40's is the new normal!! congrats to her!!!

queen-of-harts
June 7th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Yes! She will be 45 the month baby is due!

Throwaway_panther
June 7th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I just was reading a Family Circle article on moms of the year, and the majority were moms who didn't have their kids until late 30s/40s!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fknonl1ne
June 7th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Good for her. Go she!! Yes, glad no sarcastic age stuff in the comments.

Katt2275
June 7th, 2016, 10:39 PM
I was happy to see this too. Makes me feel not so ancient at 41. [emoji1]

1moregirl
June 7th, 2016, 11:02 PM
I, being an Aussie, didn't know who this woman was until I read the article but man....I wish I looked that good for 44. I'm sure I could use some dermal fillers here and there, not that I'm saying this lady has - if I had the money I would go for it. That's lovely that she is 44 and giving her little girl a sibling. Very inspiring story. Let's hope we hear more and more of it. :)

Jany1025
June 8th, 2016, 06:43 PM
I am 43 with 2 in diapers ;) !! I am not going to lie I feel a bit of envy when I see my friends posting on FB pics from their fabulous girls night out or "fun" vacations with older kids vs being at home with screaming needy toddlers *sigh* I won't complain I begged cried and paid to be here it just happened much later than I ever imagined!! It all good, keeps me young I suppose!! Much luck to all of you XOXO

1moregirl
June 8th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Jany - blood hell my dear. You have been through a HELL of a lot to get your two baby girls. WOW!!! Did you get your girls using your own eggs? I would love to have two little girls in my brood. Lol! Sometimes I wish I was doing all this younger as well, but then I stop myself and remind myself how lucky I am just to have been blessed with three beautiful healthy children, when there are so many other ladies out there our age (and older or younger) who have not been blessed with any children as yet. I firmly believe that having young kids at this age keeps me young. :)

Jany1025
June 9th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Jany - blood hell my dear. You have been through a HELL of a lot to get your two baby girls. WOW!!! Did you get your girls using your own eggs? I would love to have two little girls in my brood. Lol! Sometimes I wish I was doing all this younger as well, but then I stop myself and remind myself how lucky I am just to have been blessed with three beautiful healthy children, when there are so many other ladies out there our age (and older or younger) who have not been blessed with any children as yet. I firmly believe that having young kids at this age keeps me young. :)

Yes it was my own eggs, took 5 retrievals after 40 to get two normal girls :)

Good Luck to you!

fknonl1ne
June 9th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Girl, your story never ceases to amaze me! 40+ Mama''s hero!!!