PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on?

MrsGoodies
June 25th, 2016, 01:33 PM
UPDATE:

Cd 10 am high (cbfm), no smilie, high AD (this one looks like it miiiiiiiiiigt be starting a surge but the other two are lighter than yesterday).

See below (purple is the Advanced digital but only got a High flashy face...everything else negative)

Cm - none to guide me

CP - still high

Had some more cramping at 5 am which has subsided now. So if yesterdays test really was a weak surge then that would make today O day.

I have been testing with 3 different opk since cd6.

Cd6 am/pm - Low
CM - none still spotting

Cd 7 am low, low, no smilie
Cd 7 pm High (cbfm), low (advanced digital), no smilie (digital)
CM-sticky

Cd 8 am high (cbfm), low ( advanced digital), no smilie (digital)
Cd8 afternoon no smilie, low (AD)
Cd 8 pm High (cbfm), low (AD), no smilie

CM -creamy

Ovaries sore all afternoon, off & on until 2 am

Cd 9 2am no smilie, low (AD)
Cd9 7 am no smilie, high (flashing smilie AD)
Cd9 11 am high CBFM, no smilie, still flashing smilie (AD)

All pain in ovairies stopped.

1.Now i am wondering if I ovulated last night cd8 but never detected an LH surge?

2. Why would my ovaires be sore all nite and then just stop?

3. Is it even possible to O on cd8?

4. Does this mean bad egg?

MrsGoodies
June 25th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Here are some pics of my opk progression. There are others but i have chosen the darkest ones....

is it possible to O with sticks like these?

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2016, 05:16 PM
I do not think you've Oed yet.

I have life altering O pains nearly every month and have it in about every pattern you can possibly imagine including having it early in the cycle and then it stops for a few days and then comes back around O. I think you just had some "O pain" (for lack of a better word because it isn't technically from ovulation, of course) and no one really seems to know what causes it. I think things are growing and for some of us, it causes pain when it starts or when it's in a certain spot or when some other thing happens that only God knows LOL.

It is possible to O CD 8 and conceive from it, but I don't think that is what is happening. :)

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2016, 05:17 PM
It is possible to O with sticks like that if the concentration of hormone in your urine never reaches high enough to make the sticks go positive (or if the sticks are sucky batch which does happen too) but given the whole scenario I do not think you've Oed yet.

MrsGoodies
June 25th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Thanks Atomic!

I have used these sticks every single month and never had a problem.

As for the urine concentration, I have had months where I will get a smilie on the ditial and no Peak on CBFM and via-versa, but the sticks are always close....and at least ONE set will turn positive.

But so far nothing! Not a single one is + or :)

I had creamy cm yesterday. Today i have what looks like ew but doesnt stretch hardly at all so its probably bd leftovers.(how doe you tell the difference?)

The only reason I am fussed about this is bc i am trying for a cut-off and i dont know when or if I should BD again....

My pH was 4.5 before bd, 5.5 after bd, and back to 4.5 this am.

I had a wonky cycle like this in Dec when I conceived dd. only Highs on the CBFM but i did get 2 smilies in a row. And that was a crappy egg....so who knows what an egg that cant even get enough LH to trigger an OPK is like.

MrsGoodies
June 25th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Do you think the O pain could be an ovarian cyst?

1moregirl
June 25th, 2016, 11:53 PM
Hi Mrs G. I don't think you've Oed yet either hun, like Atomic said. And remember each of us can get that O pain before, on or after O and it can vary each cycle as well. Your sticks are showing on the 25th June that you are getting closer to positive OPKs, but not quite positive yet. Have they gotten darker for you before in other cycles (like as dark as control line or darker than)? What sort of cutoff are you going for Hun and when have you BD so far this cycle? Try not to stress...just do your best. :)

MrsGoodies
June 26th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Thanks 1moregirl,

I BD on cd8 at 7 pm. I had O pain off/on all afternoon and through the night. I thought for sure I would get a +opk sometime today. I usually get the O pain a day before +opk.

My sticks are usually dark as the control. The CBFM will sometimes give me a high even though i can plainly see it is +++, but then i pee on the digital and get a smilie face straight away....and a few hr later the CBFM will catch up (i have 2 monitors).

My cm is hardly there. Just feeling sort of wet.

I am trying for a BD 12-24 hr BEFORE +opk (so a 48-60 hr cutoff).

I tested just now and still negative opk. I took the dried test from this morning and stuck it in my monitor bc it seemed darker than the one i just peed on....just to see if the result would change....but nope. still HIGH.

I will keep testing 3x per day unless something changes. (Sigh)

Why is it the months i dont ttc everything works like clockwork with the opk and now when DH is actually around to BD the damn things won't cooperate?

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Thanks Atomic!

I have used these sticks every single month and never had a problem.

As for the urine concentration, I have had months where I will get a smilie on the ditial and no Peak on CBFM and via-versa, but the sticks are always close....and at least ONE set will turn positive.

But so far nothing! Not a single one is + or :)

I had creamy cm yesterday. Today i have what looks like ew but doesnt stretch hardly at all so its probably bd leftovers.(how doe you tell the difference?)

The only reason I am fussed about this is bc i am trying for a cut-off and i dont know when or if I should BD again....

My pH was 4.5 before bd, 5.5 after bd, and back to 4.5 this am.

I had a wonky cycle like this in Dec when I conceived dd. only Highs on the CBFM but i did get 2 smilies in a row. And that was a crappy egg....so who knows what an egg that cant even get enough LH to trigger an OPK is like.

Neither one is positive yet because you are not ovulating. :)

There is a trick to telling EW from leftovers but you DON'T NEED TO KNOW. It seriously makes no difference. Leftovers don't stretch. Here is an article telling you a test you can do to tell the two apart but I do not recommend you do this. EWCM (Egg White Cervical Mucous) or Semen: How to Tell the Difference (http://www.justmommies.com/getting-pregnant/fertility-charting-ovulation-and-prediction/ewcm-egg-white-cervical-mucous-or-semen)

I know you're trying for a cutoff but this is a primo reason why I do not and never will recommend them. See how control-freaky this is getting here??

A bad egg has nothing to do with whether or not you ovulate. (I WISH! that would prevent chemicals totally!!)

No, I do not think you have an ovarian cyst. Is it in the realm of possible, sure, but I doubt it.

MrsGoodies
June 27th, 2016, 04:07 PM
UPDATE:

Well i finally surged....got my first smilie cd 10 at 8 pm, but only flashy face AD and High on CBFM

This morning.... what a +OPK look like for my future reference lol!

And for the record:

I have no O pain or any symptoms at all
CM is wet (no ew)
CP high

You all were right...o pain doesnt predict O....oh well..i guess i can chalk this up to a learning cycle and trust what the sticks are telling me .... :)

MrsGoodies
June 27th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I know you're trying for a cutoff but this is a primo reason why I do not and never will recommend them. See how control-freaky this is getting here??

A bad egg has nothing to do with whether or not you ovulate.

Yes Atomic I agree. I am usually not this OCD but those O pains i had a couple days ago were unfreakin' real! Never happen to me before...so i thought my sticks were bad bc they expired 6 months ago (never had a problem with expired sticks but i couldnt rule it out).

Anyhow, i agree cutoff is not the best for getting pg, but this is my LAST chance...

Diet + no cut off = boy #3
Cutoff + no diet = boy #2, 4&5
Diet + cut off = girl #1

Should i assume boy#3 was a fluke and bd thru O with diet only?

What would you do in my situation?

1moregirl
June 28th, 2016, 03:09 AM
MrsG - it is possible your previous pregnancies and gender outcomes were influenced by your DH at the time and not solely influenced by your BD patterns and diet/no diet. Also, what sort of cut offs are you doing and have done in the past? If we do the recommended one BD at pos OPK, then that would be a 1-3 day cutoff, depending on when we O. Or are you doing a cutoff with BD once before you get your first pos OPK? Also, remember with the O pains - you can get them before, during or after O itself. In my position, if I had found a definite pattern between having my 2 boys and our 1 girl, I would definitely be trying to repeat the pattern in order to get that second girl. Unfortunately for me, our BD patterns between first boy and then girl were very similar and too complex to try to repeat anyway. Plus my diet has always been the same. Anyway, good luck and I hope you get your BFP this next cycle. :)

MrsGoodies
June 28th, 2016, 03:42 AM
Hi 1moregirl,

I seriously doubt it is DH at all. He never changes his diet, drinking habits, exercise etc. like to BD (or jerk off) at least every couple days so i cant do abstain or anything like that.

Boy 1 - bd everyday thru O no diet

boy 2 - 2 day cut off no diet

Boy 3 - BD right on O day (was trying to do O+12) + strict girl diet 6 months

Boy 4,5 -BD 3-4 days before O (no diet)

Girl - BD 2-2.5 days before O (similar to boy #2 timing but this time on strict girl diet)

I know from all my hitech cycles that I O around 36 hr after my first +opk so to get a 48 hr cutoff the last bd has to be at least 12 hr prior. With DD it was between 15-20 hr prior.

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2016, 12:56 PM
They may not even have BEEN O pain. May have been some other tummy related thing or who even knows. :)

What you have to understand re whether Boy 3 was a fluke or not, is that swaying is like an iceberg. Most of what is actually swaying gender is down under the surface and what we see is like this tiny little bit sticking up above the water, but most of it was all under the surface. It is ENTIRELY possible that it was none of those things (or that they were just this miniscule part).

All I can do is go back to the studies that have shown NO trend wtih day of BD and gender conceived (the only ones that ever did, used unreliable methods of pinning down ovulation). I cannot recommend cutoff timing for anyone, especially people in a hurry to get pregnant.

You have to do what you can live with of course but I really do see a very strong trend whereby the more little nitpicky details you try to toss into your sway, the lower the results. So I get that it's your last chance, but you may be HARMING your chances of having success for pink the tighter you try to hold on, the stricter you are, etc.

Do NOT BD thru O. I do not and never will recommend that as a sway tactic for anyone. Not only does it not improve odds of conception reliably, it probably sways blue too (particularly for those of us who are good at making boys) so it is a huge risk to your sway for no reliable benefit.

My advice would be to either do one attempt, e4d, e3d, or e4d plus one (do not do e3d plus one!!). But if you're not ready to give up on timing, that is totally fine and up to you, but just try to keep it in perspective and not get so bogged down in the details that you let it control you. :)

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2016, 12:57 PM
what diet were you doing?

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Ladies, all this plotting and planning and going over old diaries and calendars looking for some magic pattern that yielded your DG - that is NOT why you got a boy or a girl. It was never that you BD on Wed, Thur, Fri only in months with an R in it when the moon was a crescent or whatever.

It makes no sense that it was a magic BD pattern vs. your overall condition and cues from your environment.

MrsGoodies
June 28th, 2016, 04:14 PM
They may not even have BEEN O pain. May have been some other tummy related thing or who even knows. :)

What you have to understand re whether Boy 3 was a fluke or not, is that swaying is like an iceberg. Most of what is actually swaying gender is down under the surface and what we see is like this tiny little bit sticking up above the water, but most of it was all under the surface. It is ENTIRELY possible that it was none of those things (or that they were just this miniscule part).

All I can do is go back to the studies that have shown NO trend wtih day of BD and gender conceived (the only ones that ever did, used unreliable methods of pinning down ovulation). I cannot recommend cutoff timing for anyone, especially people in a hurry to get pregnant.

You have to do what you can live with of course but I really do see a very strong trend whereby the more little nitpicky details you try to toss into your sway, the lower the results. So I get that it's your last chance, but you may be HARMING your chances of having success for pink the tighter you try to hold on, the stricter you are, etc.

Do NOT BD thru O. I do not and never will recommend that as a sway tactic for anyone. Not only does it not improve odds of conception reliably, it probably sways blue too (particularly for those of us who are good at making boys) so it is a huge risk to your sway for no reliable benefit.

My advice would be to either do one attempt, e4d, e3d, or e4d plus one (do not do e3d plus one!!). But if you're not ready to give up on timing, that is totally fine and up to you, but just try to keep it in perspective and not get so bogged down in the details that you let it control you. :)

Thanks Atomic.

This was a very odd cycle to be sure.

I am not sure I understand e4d, e3d, e4d+1??

Like if AF leaves cd 5, then e4d= bd cd 6, 10, 14 even if O happens to be on cd 11?? O-1 day cut off

or e3d = bd 6, 9, 12 0-2 day cut off or possibly 0+12 if cd12 did it?

or e4d+1 = bd 6, 10 AND 11?? Right on top of O? how would that not sway boy?

DH likes e2d.

My BD pattern when I conceived my dd was:

AF 1-6, BD cd 7 x2, BD cd 9 AM, +OPK cd10, O cd 11..... so looks like e2d with a 2-2.5 day cut off

I know for sure bd right AT O does not work for me as far as swaying goes. I will never bd AT or after a +OPK ever again.

1moregirl
June 29th, 2016, 02:27 AM
I don't think e4d+1 would work for you MrsG. I think it's more effective for women who O at CD14 or later, so there can be a bit of a gap between your last 4th day attempt and the one at +OPK. I guess if you can repeat what worked for you last time with getting a girl, you should just try and do that and at least you will have peace of mind with it. What diet do you follow for your girl sway?

MrsGoodies
June 29th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Is 3 nites of +opk normal?

+opk cd 10 8 pm,
+Opk cd 11 10 am, 5 pm, 10 pm,
+opk cd 12 10 am, 5 pm, 10 pm

No fade out. FF says i already O.

What does it mean? 2 eggs? Lazy egg wont come out? What?

I usually get 2-3 smilie face (sometimes 1)....now 5 in a row 12 hr apart.

Weird weird weird....

1moregirl, check your inbox.

1moregirl
June 29th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Hi Hun. Yes I checked my inbox and just replied. I have had this happen you know Hun and remember asking about it here too. I think some ladies replied that the third day of pos OPK might be just catching the hormone on its way down from the surge. And I'm pretty sure they said it was no indicator of egg quality. I think I may have even had three days of pos OPK last year when I got my BFP.

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I don't think e4d+1 would work for you MrsG. I think it's more effective for women who O at CD14 or later, so there can be a bit of a gap between your last 4th day attempt and the one at +OPK. I guess if you can repeat what worked for you last time with getting a girl, you should just try and do that and at least you will have peace of mind with it. What diet do you follow for your girl sway?

No, it's appropriate for everyone and anyone who is older may need to continue it. It does not matter one iota what day anyone Oes on or if there is a gap or not. You are not supposed to try for any particular day of BD or any particular gap with that.

I know you are not hearing me 1more and are tired of me saying it again and again, but no one should try to do what they did to get a girl (nor the opposite of what got you boys). Do what has worked for most people, most of the time, because I can all but guarantee that first of all it was not some magic pattern of BD on this day, that day, this day, 2tmes in a row, or whatever, that made anyone's baby for them. And secondly, this obsessing over old calendars and debating this stuff in your mind is swaying blue by far and away more than DTD on a particular day or pattern ever could.

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Thanks Atomic.

This was a very odd cycle to be sure.

I am not sure I understand e4d, e3d, e4d+1??

Like if AF leaves cd 5, then e4d= bd cd 6, 10, 14 even if O happens to be on cd 11?? O-1 day cut off

or e3d = bd 6, 9, 12 0-2 day cut off or possibly 0+12 if cd12 did it?

or e4d+1 = bd 6, 10 AND 11?? Right on top of O? how would that not sway boy?

DH likes e2d.

My BD pattern when I conceived my dd was:

AF 1-6, BD cd 7 x2, BD cd 9 AM, +OPK cd10, O cd 11..... so looks like e2d with a 2-2.5 day cut off

I know for sure bd right AT O does not work for me as far as swaying goes. I will never bd AT or after a +OPK ever again.

e4d is BD unprotected every 4 days. We have 75% success for pink doing this. It's an easy way of being in with pretty much one attempt in fertile window, without having to stress about it.

e4d plus one is BD e4d plus one more attempt at pos OPK, and e3d is BD every 3 days. Both of these shake out to be 2 attempts in fertile window and boost odds of conception while being slightly more blue friendly and are used by people who are in a bit more of a hurry to get pregnant.

e2d does seem to sway blue and should be avoided.

With these methods you do not try to get the attempt to come out on a certain day. It falls when it falls and you should instead try to put it all out of the back of your mind.

It doesn't sway because timing doesn't work. BD on O Day does not work for swaying. It just doesn't. 50-50 boys and girls conceived on O Day and O-1 proven in studies that used the best technology to pinpoint O Day. That means you can BD on O adn get a boy, sure, but you can also get a girl. I got boys with cutoffs, you got boys with cutoffs, it's because timing doesn't work. If you can't give timing up, that's totally up to you, and in that case have the one attempt at pos OPK, or since you don't want to do that, when your OPK is very dark.

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2016, 03:13 PM
3 nighs pos opk - you can't tell when you Oed based on how long yoru OPK stay positive for. Unfortunately for us, the OPK do not detect actual ovulation, they detect the hormone in your urine that triggers your body to ovulate. Some months it either takes a while to clear your body or you can gear up to ovulate and even have a detectable surge but your body doesn't release an egg, then you have another surge and ovulate the second time, so have a bunch of pos in a row either way.

FF saying you already Oed means the odds are good you did and it's just taking a while to clear your system. But I wouldn't hang my hat on that esp. since you are only on CD 12 and would plan for another attempt.

1moregirl
June 29th, 2016, 11:54 PM
atomic - I DO totally hear you. I don't even know where my old chart of when I conceived DD is any more, as I've lost it. And I was planning, if I do ttc again, to just go back to the one attempt at pos OPK and see how it goes for a bit. I do find though, the one area I need the most help with, is the diet I should be on. Is it LE fertility diet? I'm just hopeless at diets and always have been. But, I won't hijack MrsG's post any further...sorry, I get rambling on and carried away sometimes. Lol! MrsG - I would probably just do the one attempt at pos OPK if I was you, as it's always just sooo hard to try and repeat old patterns anyway.

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2016, 02:08 PM
No, no, I want you guys to feel free to talk amongst yourselves I just have to be a buttinski at times. :)

Yes, I think you would do best (and in fact any mom in their 40's who is reading this!) is best off on atomic fertility diet. :agree:

1moregirl
July 9th, 2016, 02:49 AM
MrsG where are you? How did you go with your last cycle of ttc? I've been thinking of you whilst away. Hope you get a sticky BFP very soon. :)

Walkiria
July 17th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Hi im pregnant with my 4 child and in 41. My third kid is 9 and this baby is from my husband not same father of the kids. We have been together for almost 7 years and more than 2 years making stadies and trying to get pregnant. Just about to make firts IA in march when a week before meeting found out i was pregnant. So a miracle! What i was going to tell you is that i didnt used this time sticks to predict ovulation but i did when got second infertility when looking for my second baby over and year. There i learned to do charts taking temps and using sticks. This time didnt use sticks but this last years always always have big pain ovulation. It never occur when im ovulating it start as a 7 5 days before ovulation. I feel al sore and much cramps and pain but not ovulating. Then i started to notice it and know when start my fertile time. Then about three _two days after ovulation i have the mucus like egg but lot and always always get a spot or even like if i will start my period. I asked many doctors they didnt pai attention to it although i thought it was strange but ut seams to be my most fertile day and getting track of temperature always always ovulate 2 or 3 days before spot and pain. And at time.of ovulation pains go away. So perhaps tjat helps you getvtrack of your cicle. It always pain to me before and never when ovulating. Pains goes aways enterily that and increase and temperature show i have ovulated day before. Best of luch for you. Abd hope get your baby soon. Blessings