PDA

View Full Version : Back after miscarriage and have a question about Aci jel

DRV
June 27th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone. I recently had an early loss at 6 weeks due to 2 large subchorionic hemorrhages. I used Aci jel and am looking for some hope and stories of others who have used it and went on to have healthy pregnancies. My husband seems to think this is what caused my m/c and bleed. I was using quite a bit. I used half an applicator from AF to O twice daily as recommended then 3 hours prior to attempt and vinegar douche after.

My question is has anyone else had a similar experience? If you did go on to have a healthy baby using Aci jel (I'm dropping the douche), how much did you use? Debating on using it again. I think I want to try it again but maybe just use half that amount. Please share your story with me! Hoping I will be back joining the group soon. I'm 3 days post D&C so I'm not sure how long I should wait to try again. Thank you in advance!

XXforhubby
June 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I used a small amount of Aci-Jel and has my DS3. I only used a finger-tip full prior to BDing. Ironically, I had a very small SCH with him- it was only 10-12mm. It resolved itself by 7w and never causes another problem.

We use KY as a lube now. The Aci-Jel irritated my DH.

I would use whatever you feel comfortable with but in small amounts needed to make BDing more comfortable.

FX and GL to you!!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji577], & DS3[emoji602][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

DRV
June 27th, 2016, 02:38 PM
I used a small amount of Aci-Jel and has my DS3. I only used a finger-tip full prior to BDing. Ironically, I had a very small SCH with him- it was only 10-12mm. It resolved itself by 7w and never causes another problem.

We use KY as a lube now. The Aci-Jel irritated my DH.

I would use whatever you feel comfortable with but in small amounts needed to make BDing more comfortable.

FX and GL to you!!

Hmm ironic or not? That is weird!! Maybe it makes implantation a bit harder. I was worried I had scarring but I had my dr check while doing my D&C and she said everything "felt" normal. I just worry using only a tiny amount won't work but the correct amount may cause issues. Might just not sway at all and hope for the best!

DRV
June 27th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I also wonder if I'm more likely to have another one. Makes me very nervous!!

XXforhubby
June 27th, 2016, 02:45 PM
I was told SCH's are random and normal. It happens when the embryo implants on or near a large blood vessel.

Aci-Jel couldn't cause that directly to happen, even if you used the applicator it stays in the vagina or on the cervix.

If you need a lube to make BDing more comfortable, Aci-Jel or whatever should be fine. It doesn't make sense that a lube inserted would affect implantation which occurs high inside the uterus. Lubes can and do affect the sperm's ability to capacitate and reach the egg.

Babygirlquest
June 27th, 2016, 02:57 PM

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I have never actually seen someone use that much Acijel and conceive to be honest with you. Is it possible that in that high a quantity, some chemistry might be absorbed in enough concentration for it act like a blood thinner and contribute to SCH? I seriously doubt it. I honestly do not know because I just do not have the data. I don't think it's likely but unfortunately at the same time I just don't have the ability to say "oh yes I know 17 people who did that" either, if that makes sense. I have seen dozens of women pregnant after Acijel and had normal healthy babies, it's just that truly was a lot of Acijel. :)

Were you on anything like aspirin or cranberry? Bromelian to "aid implantation"? Those things are much more likely than Acijel to contribute to SCH.

Most people have SCH with at least one of their pregnancies. Without using Acijel.

Babygirlquest
June 27th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Should add that all of mine resolved on their own.

DRV
June 27th, 2016, 03:26 PM
I have never actually seen someone use that much Acijel and conceive to be honest with you. Is it possible that in that high a quantity, some chemistry might be absorbed in enough concentration for it act like a blood thinner and contribute to SCH? I seriously doubt it. I honestly do not know because I just do not have the data. I don't think it's likely but unfortunately at the same time I just don't have the ability to say "oh yes I know 17 people who did that" either, if that makes sense. I have seen dozens of women pregnant after Acijel and had normal healthy babies, it's just that truly was a lot of Acijel. :)

Were you on anything like aspirin or cranberry? Bromelian to "aid implantation"? Those things are much more likely than Acijel to contribute to SCH.

Most people have SCH with at least one of their pregnancies. Without using Acijel.

No and implantation seemed to occur fast. I was getting a 3+ on a digital at just 4 weeks pregnant (3+ means hcg is consistent with 6 weeks). I got a positive on a digi between 7-8 dpo and was pretty sick very early on so I'm really confused. My son kicked me in the stomach the day before and my dr swears that didn't cause it. I used nothing else to sway besides Aci jel and douche. I was shocked too that even got pregnant let alone was getting such dark lines sooo early. I was taking extra vitamin C (all natural from food sources) as well as an non synthetic pre natal from garden of life but not while I conceived. I'm not ready to give up the Aci jel yet... But I'm for sure not using the amount I did. I just want to know what the amount was that others used who had a successful pregnancy and successful sway. Mixing with other lubes seemed to have boy results as well as those who only used it the day of attempt with just a little amount. That's why I used so much.

DRV
June 27th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Should add that all of mine resolved on their own.

Yes I've read that most do. But I think bc I had 2 and so early in pregnancy that it was just too much. We saw a heart beat at 5 weeks 5 days so I was hopeful but my follow up scan showed I miscarried. My body was also not willing to accept it and my hcg was still rising as well as tissue was still growing. I ended up having an emergency D&C on Saturday

DRV
June 27th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I've read that trauma CAN cause this so I'm not sure why my dr is not willing to accept that my son kicked me very hard the day prior to my first bleed!

DRV
June 27th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I've read that trauma CAN cause this so I'm not sure why my dr is not willing to accept that my son kicked me very hard the day prior to my first bleed!

It's just an odd coincidence to me.

Babygirlquest
June 28th, 2016, 12:20 PM

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2016, 01:34 PM
How much extra Vit. C??

Your son kicking you in the stomach did not cause this loss. It just isn't possible. The kind of trauma that may cause a miscarriage is like getting thrown from a horse or falling down stairs. A child would not have the strength (even if it did hurt) because your uterus is a really very strong muscle and it protects the little bean. If a child's kick could cause a loss the entire human race would have died out a long time ago.

Can you give me the link to the Garden of Life that you took?? A lot of their products do have extra ingredients in them that may have acted like a blood thinner (although in such miniscule amounts I seriously doubt it could have done any harm at all)

I have people use either one applicator the morning of or night before attempt, or if they insist 1-2 hours before, OR a fingertipful as a lube for BD.

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Yes I've read that most do. But I think bc I had 2 and so early in pregnancy that it was just too much. We saw a heart beat at 5 weeks 5 days so I was hopeful but my follow up scan showed I miscarried. My body was also not willing to accept it and my hcg was still rising as well as tissue was still growing. I ended up having an emergency D&C on Saturday

Are you naturally someone who bleeds and bruises easily??? (I am and also had an SCH that resolved)

Did they mention where implantation was?? Implantation around the cervix where there is more blood vessels make SCH more likely, it is believed.

Have you ever been checked for anemia?? I think that is a sensible precaution to take.

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2016, 01:40 PM

Because s/he has seen thousands of women who were concerned after stuff like that and did not lose their baby and they know that it did not cause your loss. It is only human nature to think back and recall whatever happened that day before, but it very well could have been that you lifted something or sneezed a lot or had a minor car accident or a slight fall and you'd be thinking it was that instead. It is just a coincidence and nothing more.

DRV
June 29th, 2016, 06:47 PM
I think trauma can make them burst/rupture. Most women are put on pelvic rest once a SCH is discovered.

Sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad saying mine resolved, I know some people aren't so lucky. I just really want to put your mind at ease that you did not know do anything to cause the SCH and you didn't do anything to cause miscarriage, no matter how it feels xxx

No no you didn't make me feel bad at all!

DRV
June 29th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Because s/he has seen thousands of women who were concerned after stuff like that and did not lose their baby and they know that it did not cause your loss. It is only human nature to think back and recall whatever happened that day before, but it very well could have been that you lifted something or sneezed a lot or had a minor car accident or a slight fall and you'd be thinking it was that instead. It is just a coincidence and nothing more.

Ok so let me ask you this... I've been really looking into whether or not the cycle after m/c sways in any way. Do you think you're more likely to conceive the same gender if you catch the next egg since you would still technically have either male/female hormones present? I know you can still ovulate when hcg reaches about 25 so that would have to mean SOME of the hormones were present at O. Does this make sense lol do you see where I'm going with this? Or am I way off?

DRV
June 29th, 2016, 07:00 PM
How much extra Vit. C??

Your son kicking you in the stomach did not cause this loss. It just isn't possible. The kind of trauma that may cause a miscarriage is like getting thrown from a horse or falling down stairs. A child would not have the strength (even if it did hurt) because your uterus is a really very strong muscle and it protects the little bean. If a child's kick could cause a loss the entire human race would have died out a long time ago.

Can you give me the link to the Garden of Life that you took?? A lot of their products do have extra ingredients in them that may have acted like a blood thinner (although in such miniscule amounts I seriously doubt it could have done any harm at all)

I have people use either one applicator the morning of or night before attempt, or if they insist 1-2 hours before, OR a fingertipful as a lube for BD.

Sorry I missed you ? About the vit C. I was using 5 sprays of the garden of life vit C spray plus what was in my prenatal plus downing kale smoothies like no tomorrow. Yikes. I then read that kale can cause m/c. I just feel like I did too much without knowing. I won't even touch a pre natal next time until I'm further along, God willing I can even get pregnant again.

DRV
June 29th, 2016, 07:03 PM
It's very hard not to blame myself when I'm almost positive the pregnancy was healthy and it was just the bleed that caused my M/C. I'm also so into finding new things that could possibly sway, especially after miscarriage when you're already feeing so sad and defeated. Maybe I'll start a new thread for those that knew the gender they miscarried and that got pregnant without their first AF. Might help to know if you should skip that first cycle or not until all of the previous pregnancy's hormones are out of your system. What do you think?!!

DRV
June 29th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Are you naturally someone who bleeds and bruises easily??? (I am and also had an SCH that resolved)

Did they mention where implantation was?? Implantation around the cervix where there is more blood vessels make SCH more likely, it is believed.

Have you ever been checked for anemia?? I think that is a sensible precaution to take.

Nope I have never been one to bruise or bleed easily at all. Maybe TMI but I was straining very hard to go to the bathroom and that's when I started bleeding as well... I thought I just ruptured some sensitive cervical
Cells or something. And they didn't say anything about where implantation was. Just that baby was on the left (of course). I saw the bleed, it was directly above the sac and so big they actually thought I was having twins.

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I know it's so easy to secondguess everything but when things like this occur, they have to start sometime. Maybe the kick or the straining or whatever made the bleeding start at 5:30 instead of 6:15 but if things weren't already not panning out, those normal day to day things do not cause pregnancies to end. It would have happened anyway, it may have taken a bit longer to get going is all, but eventually it would have. :( I'm sorry. I really truly don't mean to be going over this again and again for you. I just don't want you to blame yourself in any way or have fears going forward into future pregnancies. :heart:

Babygirlquest
June 30th, 2016, 04:09 PM
A SCH can really occur for a lot of reasons, please don't blame yourself. Sometimes they resolve and sometimes they don't, but please don't think you did anything wrong.