PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Testosterone Levels Naturally

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Lowering testosterone levels
Scientific research indicates that reducing testosterone is KEY if you want to conceive a daughter.

Testosterone is manufactured mainly in the testes/ovaries. The more muscle you have, the more testosterone your body will make, because testosterone helps to make muscle function more efficiently and repair itself more easily. The one fundamental rule of lowering your testosterone levels is, the less muscle mass you have, the lower your testosterone will be.

DIETARY FACTORS -

*Eat less animal protein and fats - your body uses animal protein to build muscle. Meat also has varying levels of testosterone in it, but it is unknown whether or not your body uses this testosterone for its needs, or excretes this source of testosterone and manufactures its own supply. Vegetarians have been proven to have lower testosterone levels and also conceive more daughters. Testosterone is actually MADE out of fat.

Aside from all meats, beware of eating large quantities of dairy and eggs. They contain both protein and fat. If you're incorporating higher calcium into your sway, it may be better to get the bulk of your calcium through supplements and stick with fat-free dairy. Egg beaters or egg whites are better than whole eggs because the yolks have a lot of good fat in them.

*Salmon has been encouraged on other sites, but research indicates that oily fish like salmon and tuna are excellent at RAISING testosterone. Stay away from all oily fish.

*Eat less protein overall - your body uses ALL proteins regardless of their source to manufacture muscle. Watch out for beans, whole grains, and particularly nuts.

*Low fat, low calorie, low nutrient diet - the lower the nutrient intake, the smaller your muscles will be. And less fat means less of the building blocks your body uses to manufacture testosterone.

*Soy - this is somewhat controversial for swaying pink, but research indicates that soy meal produces a significant increase in the level of sex-hormone-binding globulin (chemicals your body produces that control the levels of free testosterone in your system). Soy increases these chemicals, thereby removing testosterone. Some people believe that soy raises estrogen, which may sway blue in women, and also believe that in increases EWCM, however.

Soy is made up of plant estrogens, but just like testosterone in meat, it's not really known whether or not your body can actually utilize hormones that it takes in, in food form, or whether it uses food as a building block to make its own hormones.

Lower testosterone/higher estrogen is believed to sway pink in men though, so it may be a good choice for your husband.

*Alcohol - this is another controversial one. Alcohol raises estrogen while lowering testosterone. So just like soy, alcohol may sway blue for women while swaying pink for men. And wine and beer have a lot of other nutrients in them as well as calories, so may help maintain muscle mass, not what you want to do.

*Coffee/caffeine - Sorry, there are no easy answers here unfortunately. Caffeine in excess has been proven to reduce testosterone levels, but in moderation it has also been shown to make sperm healthier and more mobile. Coffee also raises estrogen levels slightly. Personal note - I find that coffeemakes me more likely to get into competitive situations (see below)

*The following foods should be avoided when you can, as they've been linked to improving testosterone production - avocado, garlic, banana, asparagus, figs, spinach, dark chocolate.

LIFESTYLE FACTORS -

*Weight loss - this is the most important thing you can do to lower testosterone. Whenever you lose weight, you do lose some muscle mass along with the fat. Regardless of what you eat or don't eat, if you're losing weight, you're lowering your testosterone levels. The quicker you lose and the more you lose, the more your muscle mass will shrink.

*Exercise - this is a complicated, tricky issue. If you exercise A LOT, especially while losing weight and eating a low protein diet, you will actually eat away at your muscle mass and lower your testosterone. This is a dangerous method though, because moderate exercise, especially while gaining weight, will make your muscles grow. Proceed with caution - if you cannot exercise intensely 60 minutes a day 6-7 days a week AT MINIMUM, while losing weight and eating a low protein diet, you are better off not exercising at all.

Interestingly, some types of exercise may sway pink for another reason - by heating up the scrotum and damaging the cells that produce sperm. If your husband runs a lot or rides bikes, that's good for a pink sway because it reduces his sperm count overall.

*Reducing stress - Another tricky one. Mild to moderate stress, and any stress that results in success and triumph, actually raises testosterone. But chronic, severe stress releases a hormone called cortisol which uses the same transport mechanisms as sex hormones do. So your levels of ALL sex hormones go down when you're under a lot of stress.

Also, sleep is necessary for testosterone production. Getting less than 6 hours a night may reduce testosterone levels. Not recommending this, but if you're up a lot with other children, it might be a welcome benefit!

*Conflict and competition - ANY conflict or competition in which you are going head to head against another person OR even just trying to succeed at something that is very important to you, has the potential to raise your testosterone levels. Even people who were competing in a chess tournament had huge rises in their testosterone levels prior to the contest, and winners of the tournament had even larger rises.

So while you're TTC pink, it may not be a good time to engage in competition or launch any big projects that you're very emotionally invested in. Researchers found that in a group of monkeys removed from a group living situation and housed in individual cages began to have way more female offspring because the day to day competition for food raised their testosterone levels. In fact, even just the act of swaying itself may cause obsessive-minded people to have a rise in testosterone and inadvertently sway blue. Proceed with caution.

*Smoking - QUIT smoking if you do, and if you don't, don't start. Obviously. But smoking DOES lower testosterone levels.

*Less sex - The less sex you have, the less testosterone you will produce. This is true for both women and men.

SUPPLEMENTS

*Peppermint tea - may reduce both estrogen and testosterone levels, so should only be used by DW. Use only from AF-O. One study has shown that spearmint tea also works.

*Saw Palmetto - reduces levels of free testosterone circulating in the blood, use only AF-O

*Vitex - only to be used by DW AF-O

*Licorice Root - raises estrogen while lowering testosterone, so best if used by DH.

*DIM - this is a new supplement that is said by some to lower testosterone and lower estrogen. However, the higher the estrogen levels, the higher the sex hormone binding globulin, which removes excess testosterone from circulation. So the whole thing could potentilly backfire. DIM also has antioxidant properties so it may sway BLUE for that reason alone. We don't know much about it, but it's made from cauliflower and broccoli and is probably safe. For safety's sake, if you want to give it a try, use only AF-O.

*Dong Quai - probably raises estrogen while lowering testosterone and is not safe during pregnancy, so it's probably better to leave this one alone.

*Black Cohosh - this is one of those scary herbs with lots of side effects that we would probably be better off without. Just throwing it in here so people know about it.

crystal-light
January 13th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Nevermind, I found the answer to my question on another post ;)

queen-of-harts
April 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
So much awesome info! i need to clear some space in my brain for it lol

wishing on a star
April 7th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Thank you so much atomic for taking so much of your time to help all us ladies out, i cannot thank you enough for all your useful information
xx

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Oh, thank you! That means the world to me!!

KnockYourBallsOff
July 22nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
GREATTT INFO!!! Put together so well! I feel hope here, yet not pressure, does that make sense? LOL! Thank you!

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome! Thank you!!!

rainbowflower
August 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
why is peppermint tea only AF-O? It's one tea that's safe all through pregnancy isn't it?

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
When pep tea is drunk in normal, dietary amounts (like 1-2 teacups a day) it is safe throughout the 2WW and pregnancy. However, when large amounts are drunk (the amount you need to drink to actually affect your hormones), it is NOT SAFE and increases your risk of miscarriage.

A very closely-related plant, pennyroyal, is a well-known abortifacent used since Greek times. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennyroyal

rainbowflower
August 14th, 2011, 04:48 AM
thank you :)

Inglewood
August 14th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Great info! x

fresas
August 17th, 2011, 05:49 AM
I love these summaries on this board. All of the information is very clear. Thanks so much!

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Thank you! The goal is maximum clarity so if there is ever anything unclear, please ask so I can address it! Every question makes the info better for everyone.

Gentle
March 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hi I enjoyed reading all this as we are swaying for a girl and I need to do stuff fast - TTC next cycle! However, I'm confused by the dairy stuff. So many places say have loads of dairy (great for me as I love it!) but you say it should be limited because of the good fats. Can you explain it to me? Or is it one of those things where you just have to make a call based on your lifestyle and body-shape?

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hi and welcome! So glad you found us!!

Here is the case against calcium/dairy and swaying pink. This is a three part series, links at the bottom of the page to the other two parts. The discussion after the essays, particularly the third, is also pretty interesting.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html

I personally believe that tesosterone levels and blood sugar levels have WAY more and better scientific evidence from more reputable sources than the cal-mag stuff and since dairy can raise both testosterone and blood sugar, I just really think people need to exercise great caution with cal/dairy because you can end up swaying BLUE if you follow the guidelines on some of the other sites!!

Gentle
March 11th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for your fast reply! As I continued reading around this group I feel like I'm beginning to get the dairy thing now! Given I have a history of PCOS and am overweight, I am pretty well convinced that I should go low-calorie - just hope it will make a difference fast AND that I'll be able to stick to it. I won't rattle on here as I started a thread already tho!

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2012, 12:16 AM
If you have PCOS, I am 110% convinced you need to do LE and avoid the milk because of the lactose - your body recognises lactose as sugar and reacts as such. You have the option of adding cal/mag to an LE Diet approach.

Deux Bleus
March 27th, 2012, 01:37 AM
The SP I have is 400mg & contains gelatin as well as mag & oils.. Is this ok for me to take?

Deux Bleus
March 27th, 2012, 01:39 AM
While Im here, Ok for DH?
Licorice (Dgl) by Nature's Plus - NT-3032 - at The Vitamin Shoppe (http://m.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=NT-3032&sourceType=cs&source=FG&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=NT-3032)

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm sorry, i thought I had answered this already.

I would prob. go ahead with the 400 mg SP even tho it's not technically the correct dose. The gelatin is in such a small amount that can't sway for you at all as is the oil.

How much mag?

The licorice looks fine to me.

nini
May 23rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
oh gosh, just reading this now... I must have had sky high testosterone levels during my sway, I made so many mistakes and can now see why the light, relaxed sway I had for my dd actually worked while this full on sway didnt work (not saying its ever 100%, but I do see that I actually swayed boy more so than girl if that makes sense. Crazy.)

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for sharing that nini. It means a lot more coming from you than it does from me ((((hugs))))

fourthcanal
July 31st, 2012, 10:20 PM
Is there a good rule of thumb for how much peppermint tea to drink, and how much licorice root my husband should take daily?

Also, I am having trouble getting enough protein from the LE diet. What types of proteins are the best to add? I know beans and dairy are both kind of bad, but I have been vegetarian for a long time and those have been important sources of proteins for me.

EDIT: Also, what about the study that showed beans and hard cheese swayed pink? Is there any validity to that, or is that another study where they just attributed the results to one thing and not the overall circumstances?

Northern_Shutterbug
August 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
bump because I'd like to know the peppermint tea amount, and where we should get our protein from - at the moment most of mine is coming from potatoes, rice and beans.

fourthcanal
August 4th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks Northern! Good luck TTC your :ttcgirl:!! I will be in the same boat next month! :)

Northern_Shutterbug
August 4th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I can't believe its only 2 weeks til we start trying! eek!

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the bump, sometimes I have a brain fart and read a thread and then get interrupted without having time to reply and then it's no longer illuminated!

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Is there a good rule of thumb for how much peppermint tea to drink, and how much licorice root my husband should take daily?

Also, I am having trouble getting enough protein from the LE diet. What types of proteins are the best to add? I know beans and dairy are both kind of bad, but I have been vegetarian for a long time and those have been important sources of proteins for me.

EDIT: Also, what about the study that showed beans and hard cheese swayed pink? Is there any validity to that, or is that another study where they just attributed the results to one thing and not the overall circumstances?

3 cups of strong pep tea a day. Hubs should take 450 mg LR 3 times a day from AF-O only. (and if he has any history or predispositions towards high blood pressure, it's best to pass on the LR and give him pep tea instead.)

Have you seen this thread 4th? (this is in Dream Members section, so anyone who is not a DM can't open this link unfortunately) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl/6976-quick-fixes-diet-disasters.html You can have small amounts of beans and dairy, and I ate beans quite frequently, either in the form of refried beans or hummus. I have always had the same trouble as you, I go over on cals before I could get enough protein and I found that I had to have the beans or I just couldn't get there. Pasta is also very high in protein.

As long as you're moving in the direction of less, you can get away with foods that aren't ideal. LE Diet doesn't ban foods per se, the important thing is that you're lowering your protein intake overall. Things like meats, whole eggs, and full fat dairy have nutrients/hormones in them that may sway blue all on their own, plus, they're very high in protein for very low calories so when people include them, they end up eating next to nothing and starving. Beans are better because they are a little more calorically dense for the amount of protein you get but at the same time, unlike dairy and nuts, they don't have any fat (which you may need or not need, depending on what else you're eating.) There are no forbidden foods, it's the overall goals of the diet that count, and some foods can make it quite a bit harder to stick to the diet - example, drinking 3 glasses of milk a day leaves you very little wiggle room for any other foods.

Re the study - whenever you dramatically change your diet, that's going to sway pink for you. If a person goes from eating 2500 cals including red meat and full fat dairy every day, to eating 2000 cals beans and some hard cheese, that sends a message to your body. At the same time, if you eat a LOT of beans (2500 cals a day), never eat meat to start with, and your body is used to that, it's not going to send that same message.

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2012, 12:53 PM
bump because I'd like to know the peppermint tea amount, and where we should get our protein from - at the moment most of mine is coming from potatoes, rice and beans.

That's fine! Very similar to what I ate. I had baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, rice, homemade burritos with no cheese, just 2 T refried beans and some salsa, crispy tacos with the same filling - just beans and salsa with iceberg lettuce, hummus wrap with a tortilla and 2T hummus, buttered toast, 1/2 bagel and cream cheese, spaghetti with marinara sauce.

fourthcanal
August 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Sounds great, thanks again!! :) So should my husband wait until our TTC month to start the licorice root, or should he be taking it now? (He has been taking it for several days already, but I wasn't sure if a change to our diet right before TTC would sway pink with that too).

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM
He should take it no farther than 1 cycle in advance of your attempt month.

CherryBlossom
August 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Quick Question for anyone ( obviously AS cannot answer right now lol)
Has anyone heard of Acupuncture for lowering Testosterone?
I was talking about it with some of the girls and for some reason acupuncture came to mind. I googled it and apparently they do it. To help irregular periods and lower testosterone. However it is mainly used for people with PCOS. Would you suggest this at all?
I do know you have to have it at LEAST three times a week and for four months before it starts to drop ( EXPENSIVE MUCH). TIA

atomic sagebrush
August 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I am a little wary of acupuncture because most acupuncture is designed to increase fertility and for TTC pink, we want to reduce fertility a little bit. If you can find a practicioner that is willling to focus JUST on lowering testosterone, that's one thing, but I think most of them focus on boosting conception above all else and that could potentially sway pink.

Plus, it's crazy expensive and you get the same benefits from diet and a bottle of Saw Palmetto!!

yasmor
December 29th, 2012, 03:58 PM
thanks you atomic sagebrush even if the post is older

mariposa
February 13th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Hi! I was wondering myself, how does the low testosterone sway? I read an article talking about the low testosterone in follicule fluid when the egg is maturing during the 90 days prior to ovulation is key, because it said in some way this low level of testosterone "printed" the pellucide zone of the egg to be more receptive to an x sperm. If we donīt believe in this theory because is not very well proven by now... How could the testosterone sway? ( I totally believe low T sways, of course!) Is just curiosity :rolleyes: Thanks!

mariposa
February 14th, 2013, 11:23 AM
And another question more please, the SP and LR both decrease DHT leveles in both women and men, but what about the T levels? I mean, doesn't mind T levels dont decrease? Is only DHT the important ones? What really sway is low DHT and not T?
Sorry to be a pain, but they are question that come to my mind now and would like to know, thank you very much!

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Hi! I was wondering myself, how does the low testosterone sway? I read an article talking about the low testosterone in follicule fluid when the egg is maturing during the 90 days prior to ovulation is key, because it said in some way this low level of testosterone "printed" the pellucide zone of the egg to be more receptive to an x sperm. If we donīt believe in this theory because is not very well proven by now... How could the testosterone sway? ( I totally believe low T sways, of course!) Is just curiosity :rolleyes: Thanks!

I believe that when your body is in good condition you make more testosterone, have higher sex drive, and thus have more CM, higher level of fertility, and probably more sex all together than you would otherwise.

So I'm not totally convinced that it's even the higher T or if it's more that the higher T comes along with a lot of other things and the T is just a coincidence.

I lean towards possibly coincidence because Clomid raises T levels and yet seems to sway strongly pink, and in men, steroids raise T levels and yet also seem to sway pink.

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM
And another question more please, the SP and LR both decrease DHT leveles in both women and men, but what about the T levels? I mean, doesn't mind T levels dont decrease? Is only DHT the important ones? What really sway is low DHT and not T?
Sorry to be a pain, but they are question that come to my mind now and would like to know, thank you very much!

We don't know and I have no way to answer, I'm sorry.

mariposa
February 14th, 2013, 04:18 PM
thank you very much for your answer atomic, itīs very interesting and has a lot of sense to me! :agree:

1+2+3boys
March 10th, 2013, 01:21 AM
So how important is the lowering the testosterone for a Man? More than the Woman, the same or less? From the overview of knowledge I have gained recently on swaying I can understand why I have had boys so far and maybe it's not just because of my partner. He has had 6 boys including our three. I thought stress lowered sperm count which would help getting a girl but if it raises testosterone then it's a catch 22 isn't it?
I have finally been starting to feel like us having a girl is possible until I read about stress raising testosterone. He is just a naturally easily stressed person, like really easily stressed and has a high stress job (head chef and runs our restaurant without help) And I don't see how it could change. He gets grumpy so easily, like boarderline anger mangagement! I'm now scared this may be the one big pit fall in my swaying for a girl plan that I may not be able to fix.
Is there anything I can do to help with this? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I agree that it's not just because of your partner - I think some guys are more attracted to boy moms, others are more attracted to girl moms and so one guy can have the same gender with more than one lady and it doesn't necessarly mean that he's shooting more Y than X (and that's not even possible.)

That's not the way that stress works, rather than giving you a full explanation I need to actually write an essay on that but short version, stress can raise or lower testosterone depending on a lot of different things. Chronic, longterm stress actually lowers testosterone; it's actually not the stress he's under per se that would raise his T levels, it's the fact that he's in charge and has to be in control of a lot of different things simultaneouly, always meeting and overcoming challenges, that would be upping his T levels.

Higher testosterone can mean higher sperm count and more boys BUT that DOESN'T mean you can't get a girl. There are tons of ways to lower sperm count.

I have seen a trend where chefs seem to have more daughters so he may be "due" for one anyway LOL. Please don't despair, if you look at Gordon Ramsey he is constantly stressed and hollering but still has three daughters.

Isadora
March 11th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Hi!

I am new in this fourm but I have tried to read as much as I can here on how to successfully sway for a girl. I must say that this site is really great with lots of really good information!

I am now on the LE diet trying to lower my testestorone value and try to eat food that is good for swaying pink. I know that in some other diets it is recommended for you to eat pruns when trying for a girl. How is that in the LE diet, is that good or should that be avoided?

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2013, 10:22 AM
All foods are allowed in the LE Diet. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/24628-le-diet-faq.html#post335985

Isadora
March 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Atomic for the links! They are great, I havent seen them before!

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Have you seen this Isadora? It's all the links to essays on various topics and I just updated it so even if you've seen it before, it's new and improved. ;)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/3305-complete-index.html

Louby
March 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Is there anything that can be done to increase testosterone? X

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Isadora
March 11th, 2013, 02:39 PM
No I havent seen it, still trying to figure out how all functions on this site works and get as much information as possible. Thanks so much for highlighting this for me! I really appreciate all great info I get from you!

tiffanyclyne
October 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hello. I am new to this forum and this is wonderful information! Thank you so much! I wish I had found this previous to trying with our most recent pregnancy.

I have a quick question about testosterone in women. I noticed several times you mentioned higher testosterone in women being better for trying for a girl. Am I reading that correctly? And if so, what are some ways to raise testosterone in women?

Thank you so much!

Tiffany

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Hello. I am new to this forum and this is wonderful information! Thank you so much! I wish I had found this previous to trying with our most recent pregnancy.

I have a quick question about testosterone in women. I noticed several times you mentioned higher testosterone in women being better for trying for a girl. Am I reading that correctly? And if so, what are some ways to raise testosterone in women?

Thank you so much!

Tiffany

No, it's LOWER testosterone is (probably) good for a girl. Higher testosterone is (probably) good for a boy. To be honest, I'm not totally convinced that is what is really swaying and there is a lack of satisfactory data as of yet, but because I don't have a word for whatever it is, I continue calling it testosterone simply for the sake of convenience. :)

In this thread, look under "Testosterone" and there are several essays on how to raise/lower it http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/3305-complete-index.html

HopefulMonster
October 27th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Maybe the chefs have more girls thing could in part be due to heat stress from standing next to hot ovens day in day out?

emmake
October 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Atomic, does it make sense to try to reduce my testosterone levels (I have lean form of PCOS and high testosterone) in preparation to my HT? Will this improve getting embies of the right gender (hoping pink)? Thanks so much!

b'smommy
November 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I am trying to sway pink and recently (about 4 months ago) began doing yoga 3 days/week. This has significantly reduced my stress level and I feel so much better. With my son, I did not exercise at all. I maintain a pretty healthy (lactose/dairy free) free diet, but am attempting to loose a few pounds before we try and TTC for a girl in 3 weeks. Should I give up yoga or continue? I am going to discontinue my multivitamin and fish oil supplements and add calcium-mag, folic acid, zyrtec, baby aspirin or cranberry and switch to a different probiotic. Right now I have been taking align, but I think I will try the acidolphilus. I am considering joining as a dream member to view your LE diet. I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Atomic, does it make sense to try to reduce my testosterone levels (I have lean form of PCOS and high testosterone) in preparation to my HT? Will this improve getting embies of the right gender (hoping pink)? Thanks so much!

I don't think it will make a difference in terms of gender, but it may for egg quality, and it certainly can't hurt anything.

(sorry I only just now spotted this)

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I am trying to sway pink and recently (about 4 months ago) began doing yoga 3 days/week. This has significantly reduced my stress level and I feel so much better. With my son, I did not exercise at all. I maintain a pretty healthy (lactose/dairy free) free diet, but am attempting to loose a few pounds before we try and TTC for a girl in 3 weeks. Should I give up yoga or continue? I am going to discontinue my multivitamin and fish oil supplements and add calcium-mag, folic acid, zyrtec, baby aspirin or cranberry and switch to a different probiotic. Right now I have been taking align, but I think I will try the acidolphilus. I am considering joining as a dream member to view your LE diet. I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

While I do always appreciate the Dream Memberships because it helps me to be able to do this as a job instead of having to work outside the home, and also helps to support the site financially, I did want to let you know there is a short version of LE available for free. The link in my signature has all my essays in one place for easy browsing and you want the LE Nutshell version

DROP probiotics, we got terrible results with them and now only use them for boy sways.

I can't tell you what to do on the yoga - I honestly do not have the quality of data that enables me to draw a conclusion about that and in that case, I think it's best if you go with your own gut instinct.

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Maybe the chefs have more girls thing could in part be due to heat stress from standing next to hot ovens day in day out?

Agree and a lot of chefs are also high caffeine/alcohol users and smokers.

1+2+3boys
February 25th, 2014, 04:33 AM
I am thinking of lowering my testosterone levels now even though I do not plan to sway for many many months. Reason being is I know I must have high testosterone due to physical and emotional traits.
Men cry less due to having more testosterone (I read some studies) and I myself hardly ever cry and I wish I could because I feel like I need to sometimes as a form of relief. My partner is being a real douche-bag lately and if I could cry maybe he would realise how much he is hurting me. It takes ALOT to make me cry and it feels strange like I am emotionless even though I know that's not true

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Some studies have shown no correlation between T levels and behavior in women, only in men. A couple others found very minor affects but only when women were given supplemental testosterone. So I don't want you to read too much into that because it may have nothing to do with anything.

Sorry to hear your partner is being an assbutt!!! :(

Bobster
April 20th, 2015, 01:20 PM
If you suspect pcos but have regular periods or ovulation is lowering testosterone a good thing if it makes egg quality better?

I'm doing low everything loosely too but pcos style and I feel like I'm more healthy than I was before. I've lost 7lbs in a few weeks with no exercise but wondering if I should introduce exercise now. We are ttc already :)

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2015, 03:26 PM
I ALWAYS recommend exercise for PCOS (even suspected.) Aside from testosterone there is some info that blood sugar levels may sway and exercise will help lower those. They tend to run higher in people with PCOS and thus even if you can't get up to the full exercise recommendation it is worth it for you.

I used to not have people start exercising once actively TTC but the blood sugar aspect may be bigger than we realize and the exercise can help with that right away.

The issue is that are you losing too much? You may stop ovulating.

Bobster
April 21st, 2015, 05:00 PM
Don't think I'm losing too much as its come off very slowly and my bmi's still in the middle of healthy so not concerned about that. In fact loosing weight is just an added bonus as I'm still above my comfortable pre pregnancy weight.

Thanks for advice about exercise. I am going to invest in an exercise bike as I feel I'll get more time to do it at home while I have my ds then going out walking/jogging. Will start exercise Asap :) :)