PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected bfp

Cinss
July 2nd, 2016, 08:41 AM
I was on this forum alot in 2012, swayed hard for a boy and was blessed with him, he is now 3 years old and that was supposed to be our last baby. But I had to go to the hospital as I was experiencing severe pain in my lower abdomen, at first the Dr thought uti but pee came back clean. The next diagnosis was ovarian cyst so my bloods were taken, the doctor came back to tell me that I am actually pregnant which was a total shock although there was that one time that me and hubby could have been a bit more careful. So now I have an ultrasound booked in 5 more days to see where this little bunny has planted itself, I am a bit worried about it as I cant explain the pain I felt, it was like contractions and it has happened again. No blood and the pain subsides after about 30mins and happened both times after I peed. There is a chance that my pregnancy could be normal an I end up with another baby, but I dont want to think too much about that until I know for sure. Anyways thanks for having me back, I wonder if anyone is still around from the old days?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
July 2nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
Wow! I am surprised they did not do an u/s on you given the pain....is there a reason they didn't do a quick scan to make sure the pregnancy is in your uterus? Congrats! Must be meant to be!

Cinss
July 2nd, 2016, 08:58 AM
I went to the after hours emergency department, so by the time the doctor saw me 4 hours after I got there, the pain had stopped, so he just pressed on my tummy and asked if it hurt which it didn't. Pregnancy wasnt the initial diagnosis, they just tested me to rule it out.

fknonl1ne
July 2nd, 2016, 09:00 AM
Wow! I am surprised they did not do an u/s on you given the pain....is there a reason they didn't do a quick scan to make sure the pregnancy is in your uterus? Congrats! Must be meant to be!
Ditto. 5 days seem à far off. If there is no reason other than their scheduling, can you get a covered ultrasound elsewhere?
Congrats!!

Cinss
July 2nd, 2016, 09:03 AM
Oh and I didnt wait for the blood test results, the doctor called me at 1am to give me the good news, id say if I had waited they would have done a quick scan, but I was very early, hadn't even missed the first day of my period yet

fknonl1ne
July 2nd, 2016, 09:08 AM
Oh, okay. Can they get you in sooner. I guess no?

Cinss
July 2nd, 2016, 09:11 AM
I think because I am not in constant pain they are just treating it as normal so the referal from my doctor said dating scan and then the ultrasound place said I have to be at least 6 weeks for that

fknonl1ne
July 2nd, 2016, 09:12 AM
Got it. Grace to ya. Huge Congrats! Keep us posted

Babygirlquest
July 2nd, 2016, 10:49 AM

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2016, 12:01 PM
Hi Cinss, I was just thinking about you the other day!

I don't have any good advice, just :pray: and positive thoughts that we'll hear happy news in a few days. :heart:

Wantanother2017
July 2nd, 2016, 09:53 PM
I was on this forum alot in 2012, swayed hard for a boy and was blessed with him, he is now 3 years old and that was supposed to be our last baby. But I had to go to the hospital as I was experiencing severe pain in my lower abdomen, at first the Dr thought uti but pee came back clean. The next diagnosis was ovarian cyst so my bloods were taken, the doctor came back to tell me that I am actually pregnant which was a total shock although there was that one time that me and hubby could have been a bit more careful. So now I have an ultrasound booked in 5 more days to see where this little bunny has planted itself, I am a bit worried about it as I cant explain the pain I felt, it was like contractions and it has happened again. No blood and the pain subsides after about 30mins and happened both times after I peed. There is a chance that my pregnancy could be normal an I end up with another baby, but I dont want to think too much about that until I know for sure. Anyways thanks for having me back, I wonder if anyone is still around from the old days?

Sounds a lot like round ligament pain. That typically happens after standing as the ligaments stretch to support the uterus and a sharp pain occurs and spasms for a while until you rest again. It's very normal. Hope that's all it is! It can be very unnerving for sure.
Fingers crossed. [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ribbons
July 2nd, 2016, 11:58 PM
Hi Cinss!! I'm still around, well back again, as you know. I'm happy to hear your news! Hope your bean is safe and sound. I'll be around as I am planning an FET in November with HRC. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinss
July 3rd, 2016, 07:18 PM
Thats exciting Ribbons 😀

sharon
July 5th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Whens your scan ?x

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cinss
July 5th, 2016, 09:42 PM
This time tomorrow

The Anchor
July 6th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Hi Cinss! :wave:

So exciting! Keep us posted, FX for you!

sharon
July 6th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Hope it went well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cinss
July 6th, 2016, 10:36 PM
So turns out I have 2 cysts on my right ovary, one is 2cm and the other is 5cm, dont know what caused them I've never had them before. As for the baby, I am very pleased early just over 5 weeks, we saw sac, pole and a littele flicker of a heartbeat and it is in my uterus which is all good news. The cysts can rupture and cause pain but that wont affect the baby and that is most likely what happened already and why I ended up going to hospital. We will just be keeping an eye on them hoping they dont get bigger. So yeah if this little bean sticks looks like were having a baby.

fknonl1ne
July 6th, 2016, 11:42 PM
How amazing! You must feel so relieved finding out. Huge congrats to you!!@

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2016, 02:45 PM
That's actually quite common in pregnancy and will work itself out over time!! Something about the pregnancy hormones can sometimes make those little unovulated eggs that would have otherwise been reabsorbed turn into cysts.

Pearl327
July 26th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I am just seeing this Cinss. Huge congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Cinss
July 26th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Thanks Pearl, good to see you again 😀