PDA

View Full Version : Any Australian women here using ubiquinol or Coq10

Pbn3
July 5th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Hi. I'm in Australia and having trouble finding ubiquinol even from online. When I google 'buy ubiquinol Australia' it keeps just bringing up Coq10 products. Has anyone in Australia been successful at buying ubiquinol?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

boywish
July 5th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Hi I'm from Aus and have purchased the ubiquinol CoQ10. It's Swisse brand and called Absorb well co-enzyme q10. Each tab is only 50mg though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pbn3
July 5th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Thanks boywish. I was advised to take between 400-600mg daily of Coq10 (I'm assuming its the same for ubiquinol, just waiting for confirmation) but if the one you're using has both names I'm even more confused. My understanding is that there is a difference between the two and I can't understand why I'm having so much trouble finding ubiquinol in Australia on its own :( I've seen 150mg tablets in my own chemist of Coq10, but I was trying to go with ubiquinol. Thanks again for your response.

fknonl1ne
July 5th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I just googled to explain the difference and found this: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE RIGHT KIND OF COQ10 TO TAKE!!! - Fertility Treatments - WhatToExpect.com (http://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/fertility-treatments/topic/important-information-on-the-right-kind-of-coq10-to-take-1.html)

fknonl1ne
July 5th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Can you try and see if amazon ships to Aussie? Ubiquinol is very easy to find on amazon

Pbn3
July 5th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Thank you fknonl1ne. After reading that it definitely makes me want to find ubiquinol. I'm pretty sure amazon ships to Australia but shipping is really expensive. I will check anyway and keep looking.

boywish
July 5th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Thanks boywish. I was advised to take between 400-600mg daily of Coq10 (I'm assuming its the same for ubiquinol, just waiting for confirmation) but if the one you're using has both names I'm even more confused. My understanding is that there is a difference between the two and I can't understand why I'm having so much trouble finding ubiquinol in Australia on its own :( I've seen 150mg tablets in my own chemist of Coq10, but I was trying to go with ubiquinol. Thanks again for your response.

Not a problem - my understanding is that Ubiquinol is the better absorbed form of Coq10 than the standard ubidecarenone which is in most supplements. Both forms are referred to as Coq10 you just need to check the active ingredient on the label - ubiquinol vs ubidecarenone. I've had a quick look on line and bioceutucals does a 150mg ubiquinol. In my searching the ubiquinol version was harder to find in Aus & also more expensive.

1moregirl
July 5th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Hi there. I'm Aussie and live in Melbourne Victoria. I found th Herbs of Life brand ubiquinol in a health food store. They are 100mg and around $35-$40, so pricey. Who recommended you take 400-600mg, if u dont mind me asking?

Pbn3
July 5th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Hi 1moregirl it was atomic who suggested 400-600mg of Coq10 but with the comment that ubiquinol would be better. I'm waiting to find out if the dose would be the same which I'm assuming it will. I've been reading on the net that ubiquinol is much better for older women and that taking coq10 could be a waste of time hence trying to find ubiquinol. (I'm 38). I may try my local health food store but you're right that is pricey especially if you have to take 4 tablets daily to reach the minimum dose :(

Thanks again boywish I will check that brand out as well.

fknonl1ne
July 5th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Hi there. I'm Aussie and live in Melbourne Victoria. I found th Herbs of Life brand ubiquinol in a health food store. They are 100mg and around $35-$40, so pricey. Who recommended you take 400-600mg, if u dont mind me asking?

Hi 1moregirl, I believe 400-600 is standard on HRC guidelines and protocols

Lara3
July 6th, 2016, 04:28 AM
Bioceuticals does a ubiquinol. It's from big health food stor s. It a really good brand. Expensive but good. Better than Swisse. Are you in Sydney?

Pbn3
July 6th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Hi and thanks Lara3 I'm in central Queensland but will check it out :)

Jelby
July 6th, 2016, 08:32 AM
I took the bioceuticals brand that you can get from some chemists. I also ordered from iherb. They ship to Australia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Coq10 is ubiquinol. The ubiquinol form is better used by the body but it's really expensive

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Hi 1moregirl it was atomic who suggested 400-600mg of Coq10 but with the comment that ubiquinol would be better. I'm waiting to find out if the dose would be the same which I'm assuming it will. I've been reading on the net that ubiquinol is much better for older women and that taking coq10 could be a waste of time hence trying to find ubiquinol. (I'm 38). I may try my local health food store but you're right that is pricey especially if you have to take 4 tablets daily to reach the minimum dose :(

Thanks again boywish I will check that brand out as well.

I take just the regular coq10 tho. I can't afford the good stuff and I am taking it just for general health and because I feel that it's making my cold sores stay away LOL I only take 100 a day but i"m not TTC. So if you can't get the other kind, get the regular.

1moregirl
July 8th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Hi 1moregirl, I believe 400-600 is standard on HRC guidelines and protocols

What is HRC? I know my last one I used was Bioceuticals brand and I bought it for a health food store. They were 100mg strength and it says on the back of it to take 1 tablet daily or as directed by your healthcare practioner. If you google it online it can lower your blood pressure. I was only taking 100mg but I think I am going to increase that this time to maybe 2 tablets per day to start off with. I have a friend on a Facebook page I'm on who had a little boy a few months ago and she was taking 400mg of it. Prior to that she was only taking 200mg but had two losses. My last lot of ubiquinol was from a store called 'Go Vita' and they do have a website as well and stores around Australia as well. It cost me $37.30 for a bottle of 30 capsules. Bloody expensive alright! If anyone in Aus finds them cheaper, please let us all know. :)

1moregirl
July 8th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Also, sorry for my late reply Pbn3 as I've been away with my kids for the last week, making the most of the last week of school holidays. Good luck to you Hun. Hope you get a sticky BFP very soon. :)

fknonl1ne
July 8th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Hi, HRC is the popular high tech (IVF) clinic here
I'm pretty sure it's cheaper on amazon.com. I use the Doctors Best brand. Great reviews

1moregirl
July 13th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Atomic - if you were going to take the usual Coq10 form (not ubiquinol...if you're tight on money) and your ttc, how much would you take of that daily? I usually take Elevit prenatal as well you see but man that stuff is pricey as well. Lol!

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I'd still take 400-600. The hope is that your body is still good at using it (we just lose our ability to convert it as efficiently as we age, but we can still convert SOME of it!)

1moregirl
July 14th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Thanks Atomic. I guess you could even use a bit of both if you're desperate and low on finances couldn't you?

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Yes.

Kelbear
September 26th, 2016, 01:13 AM
I know this is an old post but rather than start a new one I thought I would ask here. What age should one consider taking ubiquinol? I am 36, DH is 40. Not sure if I should start taking this for egg quality but also trying to sway pink so mindful of taking extra nutrients that I don't need. Currently only taking folate & iodine.

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2016, 01:44 PM
On an LE-type diet it is fine at any age. It tends to lower blood sugar, which blue swayers can just shake off because they're eating lots of food all day long (so they get the benefits for possibly building muscle from the Coq). pink swayers eat less and fewer times per day, so their blood sugar ends up being lowered by the Co q and they can't build muscle on LE Diet anyway. So this is one of those medications that is good for anyone. As a general rule I don't have 36 year old gals take it without any other reasons (like proven egg quality) but that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't.

Kelbear
September 26th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Thanks atomic, if I don't really need it I will leave it out for now. Save my money as I believe it is quite expensive. If we don't conceive in the next 6 months then I will look at getting further tests done and see he I go from there. Thanks again for your wisdom :happy:

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2016, 02:39 PM
AT 36 though you can easily use the coq10 which is cheaper and do not have to spring for ubiquinol. It's just that as we age our body's ability to turn coq10 from foods and supps into the ubiquinol form is diminished. younger people still have that ability.

Kelbear
September 29th, 2016, 12:56 AM
If I don't have any luck getting a bfp in the next few months I will look into taking the coq10 to see if that helps. Thanks atomic.

1moregirl
September 29th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Kelbear - just to let you know, I had my first baby at 36, my second at 38 and my third at 40 (two months shy of turning 41) and the only supplement I was taking at these times was a prenatal. I would think that only ladies after 40 or those younger who have been told they have a low AMH level would really need to take ubiquinol. I know every woman is different, but my egg quality only seems to have really declined after the age of 41. Anyway, just wanted to add that in there to give you peace of mind. Good luck with ttc pink. :)

Kelbear
September 29th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Thanks 1moregirl, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your experience. That is reassuring. I am just being impatient I think :wink: