PDA

View Full Version : Back in full force with new game plan. :)

1moregirl
July 8th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been on for a bit as took kids down to the country to visit my parents for a week, being school holidays. It's always lovely going down there as I don't have to cook and the kids are well behaved. Lol! Anyway, I'm on CD 15 today. I really have to start taking my BBt in the mornings again as I haven't been doing that for a while now. My period this last time was a little longer due to being a CP. Anyway, this week I am going to start eating a lot better (I.e. Healthier) and going to start power walking every day for an hour. I'm also going to get another appointment with my FS/Ob/gyn to discuss a hysteroscopy. I really don't want to have to do that, but I might have to as if I have scarring that is going to cause CPs, I don't have time to sit around thinking about it. That's my update anyway.

1moregirl
July 10th, 2016, 04:33 AM
Bump! ;) Any suggestions or advice Atomic or anyone else? I'd really appreciate it. We BD last night on CD 15 and I 'usually' O CD18-20 so will wait again now til pos OPK.

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2016, 03:11 PM
my suggestion is, follow the instructions I put into the prev. post you had on your diet (because that level of sugar intake will not help you at this point) and stay the course, wait for Goldie to show up. Have a hysteroscopy if you must, but again I do not think this is what the issue is.

1moregirl
July 10th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Got it. Thanks Atomic. Yes my goal is, especially starting this week, to really focus on my diet and getting it down pat. I am also going to start cutting down on my cups of tea. So starting today will be 2 cups, then down to 1 cup per day. I have already cut down to 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, so will try to drop it down to no sugar at all. I'm also going to try to have fruit or yoghurt when I have to snack, and avoiding a hot drink and bikkies. This is going to be the hardest thing ever for me. Also, lots of walking. Do you think I should just go back to original Bd pattern of every 3-4 days plus one attempt at pos OPK? I'm also going to just buy the clear blue digital, even though they are dearer, but they just help to pinpoint O more accurately. I just find the pee on the stick ones a lot more complicated to deal with.with the clear blue digital I get two or three days of positives and that's it, no fuss and a lot easier to use. Thankyou.

Girlieplease
July 11th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Hey 1 moregirl, our girlies are the same age ( born in same year) and my ds1 is the same year as your ds2! My dd is so keen on a sister it breaks my heart! Just wanted to say changes seem great. I have the old style clear blue monitor and I used it to conceive 3 babies successfully but for my two ds I got no peak days, and with ds1 I had 20 days of high fertility, I found out I was pregnant so stopped testing at that point. We started trying for number 4 in June and both months I have not got peak, currently on day 8 of high fertility, as a back up am using cb digital sticks and charting temperature to try and pin point ovulation. Even though am using three methods to pin point it, I have still had to move from one attempt to e4d's because am unsure of o. Sorry for the essay but just wanted to say, maybe you need to consider other ways of pin pointing ovulation as me and some others have been let down by clear blue monitor. Good luck to you, I had my second attempt last night going to keep going until af arrives.

1moregirl
July 11th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Hey 1 moregirl, our girlies are the same age ( born in same year) and my ds1 is the same year as your ds2! My dd is so keen on a sister it breaks my heart! Just wanted to say changes seem great. I have the old style clear blue monitor and I used it to conceive 3 babies successfully but for my two ds I got no peak days, and with ds1 I had 20 days of high fertility, I found out I was pregnant so stopped testing at that point. We started trying for number 4 in June and both months I have not got peak, currently on day 8 of high fertility, as a back up am using cb digital sticks and charting temperature to try and pin point ovulation. Even though am using three methods to pin point it, I have still had to move from one attempt to e4d's because am unsure of o. Sorry for the essay but just wanted to say, maybe you need to consider other ways of pin pointing ovulation as me and some others have been let down by clear blue monitor. Good luck to you, I had my second attempt last night going to keep going until af arrives.

Thanks Girlieplease. I don't usually have any trouble pinpointing ovulation and I've never used the Clear blue monitor. It's the clear blue digital ovulation tests that I have used (without the dual hormone indicator) and I've found it the best. Only downfall about it is the cost and we are on one income so between buying ubiquinol and the clear blue digital, gets too costly. So I'll just stick with these OPK test strips that I've got for now and BBT and I'm sure we'll work it out. Tomorrow I may even buy some better test strips from the chemist as these ones I bought in bulk from an online Aussie website and I don't think they are that great to be honest. Good luck for your try.

atomic sagebrush
July 12th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Yes I prefer you guys to be on e4d plus one with the exception of those who really, really want to pull out all the stops to get pregnant and in that case do SMEP. :)

1moregirl
July 13th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Yes I prefer you guys to be on e4d plus one with the exception of those who really, really want to pull out all the stops to get pregnant and in that case do SMEP. :)

Good Lord Atomic....my BD timing doesn't look the best for this cycle. Check out my chart. One BD on CD 8, then not again until CD 15 (I'd taken the kids away for a week you see), then one last time on CD 18 (and I think this last one was too late as I'm sure I Oed this time on CD 17). Is this attempt ok for a girl sway?

I got a bit upset today as a good friend told me she just had her 20 week scan and they found out they are having a little girl and due in Novemeber (Spring here and the start of warmer weather to come) - this was my dream. To have a little baby girl due in warmer months. But on a positive note, I am sooooo happy for her as she already has 2 little boys and I had told her all about gender swaying prior to her conceiving this one. I'd told her the basics, and about skipping breakfast and avoiding red meat, and BD every 4 days with one attempt at positive OPK. Anyway, I am NOt using these stupid Aussie OPK test strips again a s they just didn't get dark enough for me to interpret a positive.

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Well, I think you're in with a viable shot if you BD CD 15 and Oed CD 17. That's not bad at all. Is it the hugest chance of conception, no, but then again it would be better for a sway.

1moregirl
July 14th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Thanks AAtomic. I must say, my BBTs post O so far are looking pretty good but I'm not getting my hopes up. How coincidental would it be if I got a BFP this time? I got a BFP around this time last year and had a March due date. I would be soooo thrilled if I got a sticky BFP this time, but we'll see......trying to stay levelheaded and not get excited. Anyone heard from MrsGoodies? Wonder how she is going?