PDA

View Full Version : Help please...emergency...these damn OPK strips...

1moregirl
July 11th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Please take a look at my photo of these dodgy bloody OPK test strips. I started taking them on Saturday and finished today (Tuesday). I am thinking that I Oed some time yesterday, even though Monday's test strip is not as dark as or darker than the control line. Plus my BBT went up this morning so I am totally bummed. :( I hadn't marked any positive OPKs on my FF chart as I was thinking I would get the pos today or tomorrow. But my BbT went up to 36.46 this morning, even though I took it at 7.15am instead of 7am yesterday morning (bbt yday morning was 36.18). So it looks like we BD on CD 15 at night and I've Oed yesterday some time on CD18 (I did get really bad O pains yesterday at 11.30am as well). I'm soooo bummed we didn't BD last night as I was aiming to BD again when I got a pos OPK. What do you guys think? Should we BD again tonight just in case, even though it's prob too late?

purple
July 11th, 2016, 07:43 PM
None of them really look positive but that is the problem I get with the ebay ones too. I stopped using them and just started paying extra for the ovuplan ones from the chemist.

You don't really have enough temps to pinpoint O either. All you can do is have another attempt and hope for the best.

1moregirl
July 11th, 2016, 07:43 PM
And here's a pic of my chart. Soooo bummed. :(

squigglepink
July 12th, 2016, 07:30 AM
I would have said Monday looks like a sign of something.. But i agree with Purple on these strips i used them a couple times but found them unpredictable, unreliable and inconsistent. Supermarket opk's (although cost more) seem to work way better and ive managed to get good solid lines with them. Cant suggest if you should attempt again tonight, sorry, but fingers crossed for you xx

1moregirl
July 12th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Thanks Purple and Squiggle. Will do another attempt tonight, just in case, but I am quite sure the ship has already sailed, so to speak. Lol! I feel like sending all the rest of those OPK test strips back to that seller and asking for a refund. I will definitely go back to using the Ovuplan or clear blue digital (if I can afford the latter I have definitely found it the best so far). I guess a 2 day cutoff isn't too bad but a BFP this time round would be a miracle. Only managed two BDs this cycle, but the kids and I were away for one week so it's not too bad.

squigglepink
July 12th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I chucked mine in the bin! :) I agree, a 2 day cut off not bad!! Seriously though, good luck!! Xx :fingers::cheer:

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2016, 02:30 PM
that chart is useless, I'm sorry. Please don't read anything into one day of temps though. It has to be the overall pattern to tell us anything and one day rise may just mean you were cozier than normal that night.

None of those OPK look positive to me but they may just be false neg as purple is describing.

When in doubt, BD. There's no harm from a too-late BD!

1moregirl
July 13th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Here's my chart today and what it's looking like. FF finally gave me some crossroads. I usually always have a fallback rise (dip in temps) at 2 or 3 DPO but I haven't gotten that this time. Why is it always soooo difficult to remain calm about things in the 2ww?

purple
July 14th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Where did all those extra temps cone from?

I have about 3 ovuplan opks left if you want me to post them to you if this cycle doesn't work out. I know it's not many but it saves some money. I'm probably not going to use them.

1moregirl
July 14th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Thanks Purple...that would be great Hun. Every little bit helps that's for sure. And I'm due right now to buy new prenatal and ubiquinol. I added a few extra temps just so FF would give me my crossroads. Naughty I know, but I know that I Oed on CD 17. I was thinking today how wonderful it would be if I was to get a sticky BFP this time. This time last year I conceived also (June and an EDD in March the following year). Would be interesting if it happened again this time, except hopefully a successful and healthy pregnancy and baby at the end of it this time. I am happy to pm you my address if you like. Xx

purple
July 14th, 2016, 06:58 AM
I checked and I only have 2 ovuplans and 1 ebay cheapy (which as we know are useless). Just PM me if you get AF and I will pop it in the mail. Hopefully you get a BFP and don't need to worry about them anymore!

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Yeah I will ask the same thing as purple, where did the other temps come from?? Did you fill in the blanks?

I answered in your other post but if you had BD CD 15 and Oed on the 17th day that is a well timed attempt with a shot of conception.

1moregirl
July 14th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Thanks Atomic. Yes I filled in the blanks as if I'd left it that way FF was not marking my crossroads and even though I knew I'd Oed on CD17 I am a visual person and I like to see everything in front of me in that chart. I know it's a bit naughty, but I only filled in 2 days (CD15 and 16), and then FF marked my crossroad. This morning I took my BbT a second time at 7.15 (first time was at 6.45) and it was 36.83, but I just marked the first one I took. My BBTs are looking really good this time...they don't usually look this good, but I am staying level-headed.