PDA

View Full Version : IVF/PGD Gender Selection Greece

D3bra
July 12th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Hi Ladies

At last I landed in the right territory. Me and my partner have been thinking to go to Greece for egg donor supported IVF and GS treatment. We initially thought about Thailand but looks like the egg donation is a no go there. USA is out of budget given that AUD is also low at the moment.

I have been getting mixed news from Greece. Gender Selection seems to be illegal there but I have received confirmation from a few clinics that they can do it.

Has anyone gotten any success in Greece?

Thanks

Pinklady35
July 12th, 2016, 05:16 AM
I went to embyio in Athens they are quite happy to do gender selection. Unfortunately didn't work for me and I had no more funds to give it another go. I had much better results there in terms of egg harvest and had two embryos implanted on a fresh cycle but bfn. The clinic was lovely and the nurses were great much better than when I was at Genesis in Cyprus which I don't recommend. Hope this helps x

ever hopeful
July 12th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I've been to Genesis and have a beautiful 2 year old DD to show for it. Savvas results aren't brilliant, but he does get people pregnanat and he does DE and GS. I did a tandem cycle with him and put back one of my own fully tested embies and one donor FISH tested embie. Good luck x

Babygirlquest
July 12th, 2016, 11:34 AM

D3bra
July 12th, 2016, 06:40 PM
I went to embyio in Athens they are quite happy to do gender selection. Unfortunately didn't work for me and I had no more funds to give it another go. I had much better results there in terms of egg harvest and had two embryos implanted on a fresh cycle but bfn. The clinic was lovely and the nurses were great much better than when I was at Genesis in Cyprus which I don't recommend. Hope this helps x

Sorry about the disappointment Pinklady. I know it's hard to pay for these treatments. Did you use a donor or OE?

wendyh
May 11th, 2017, 09:12 PM
I went to Crete Fertility Centre in Heraklion Crete and had PGD. Everything went smoothly and I am very satisfied with the treatment and the centre. During the preparation I was in consant contact with them and they were very supportive and helpful. they relieved my stress. They also deal with egg donation but I do not know anything about this topic as I did not try it.