PDA

View Full Version : Any ladies here doing PCOS version of LE? Planning a girl sway in Aug-Sept!

LinzNicuRN
July 15th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Just looking for late summer conception buddies, don't have to be pcos, just looking for friends to lean on through this!!

ahorn586
July 15th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Hi!!! I'm doing the PCOS version too because I maybe a little IR. I'm planning my sway in October. It's soooo exciting to finally get started after being on the site for almost a year. Are you doing cardio too? I've had a hard time this week because DS1 has soccer camp and its 3 hours long and I don't feel comfortable leaving him out there alone and when I try to walk the track around the field DS2 is saying he wants to go sit in the car so I'm only able to get 30 minutes in without him spazzing out lol. But next week, I'm giving it my all for the remaining weeks so I can at least say I tried my best. I see that we both has boys born in the same year. I love the fact that they have a close relationship!

LinzNicuRN
July 19th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Hi!!! I'm doing the PCOS version too because I maybe a little IR. I'm planning my sway in October. It's soooo exciting to finally get started after being on the site for almost a year. Are you doing cardio too? I've had a hard time this week because DS1 has soccer camp and its 3 hours long and I don't feel comfortable leaving him out there alone and when I try to walk the track around the field DS2 is saying he wants to go sit in the car so I'm only able to get 30 minutes in without him spazzing out lol. But next week, I'm giving it my all for the remaining weeks so I can at least say I tried my best. I see that we both has boys born in the same year. I love the fact that they have a close relationship!

Oh that's fun! Yes my boys are super close!! I have been doing walking or walking/jogging on the treadmill or outside 4-5 days a week. I lightly started the diet in like February..but really started counting protein, fat, cals the beginning on May. The last week or so the diet has been tough. We've had several family birthday parties/ summer outings/out to eat and I just want to EAT a huge meal! I was planning August but might wait until Sept. Not really sure. The hardest thing for me is not snacking. I took the kids to target yesterday and took 3 or 4 handfuls of their popcorn without even realizing what I was doing! That happens more than I'd care to admit! Usually just a French fry or a chip here and there. We are leaving for vacation today. I brought my workout stuff going to try and stay the course with diet/exercise. Glad to have a friend on here! Message me some of your meals if u don't mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2016, 02:30 PM
bump

PrayingForPrincess
July 21st, 2016, 05:51 PM
Me and my DP are planning to sway pink in September. I would love to exchange meal ideas and offer support through our swaying journeys, sounds like a lovely idea to get through those dark days :)! Currently doing traditional LE but wondering whether I should switch to PCOS type as I have quite a bit of weight to loose. Would love to talk soon! :)

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2016, 12:36 PM
If you have more than 30 lbs to lose and you think you can stick with PCO-type diets(mostly - if you don't have full blown PCOS you can fudge a bit here and there) then yes it's a great idea to switch.

Lissastick
July 23rd, 2016, 04:36 AM
I'm thinking about switching too, but, I was reading that a little meat eating is necessary and I am not wiling to do that 😖

I don't really know what to do because I should lose 35 or so pounds and even after starting to exercise and follow the traditional L.E. diet better, I've actually gained weight...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Babybun
July 23rd, 2016, 05:16 AM
Hi! I'm doing the pcos version and having our first attempt in mid August! I feel like the countdown is really on now! I haven't been diagnosed with pcos but I definitely think I'm insulin resistant and I have hypothyroidism. I started the diet last year but had to put off swaying, but I did keep away from breakfast cereals, white bread etc and wasn't snacking since then. Started back up strictly in beginning of June. I am trying so hard to fit in the cardio but since my boys finished school for summer and my 1.5 year developed an aversion to sleep (he woke 10 times last night ☹️) I just haven't had the time or energy. I'm so worried that by only managing a couple of days a week (while intending to do more the next day etc) I'm swaying blue....

Babybun
July 23rd, 2016, 05:31 AM
I'm thinking about switching too, but, I was reading that a little meat eating is necessary and I am not wiling to do that [emoji37]

I don't really know what to do because I should lose 35 or so pounds and even after starting to exercise and follow the traditional L.E. diet better, I've actually gained weight...

I've been doing the pcos diet basically vegetarian, I get most of my protein from cheese, milk and eggs. I've never eaten red meat even before starting the diet but I do love chicken. If I find that I'm a bit low on protein for the day I'll add maybe a couple of small pieces to my stir fry but that's about it. I use it more as a rescue now.

Maybe you could try switching slowly, for example switch out white bread, bagels etc for wholegrain, eating less carbs and cutting back on any sugars. See how you find it for a week or so. Sugar was my biggest struggle, I just love chocolate etc and it was really hard to give it up but I do allow myself a sneaky piece now and again once it's within limits for the day! Best of luck whatever you decide!

LinzNicuRN
July 24th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Me and my DP are planning to sway pink in September. I would love to exchange meal ideas and offer support through our swaying journeys, sounds like a lovely idea to get through those dark days :)! Currently doing traditional LE but wondering whether I should switch to PCOS type as I have quite a bit of weight to loose. Would love to talk soon! :)

Maybe we can start a PCOS meal planning thread? I'm on my phone so can't start it from here or I would! I would love to share meals with nutrient (fat, cal, protein breakdown!) would be super helpful!

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I'm thinking about switching too, but, I was reading that a little meat eating is necessary and I am not wiling to do that ��

It's not absolutely necessary for those who are doing it for other reasons than egg quality and moderate to severe PCOS. The rest of you CAN do them vegetarian becuase you are not doing it for the "mandatory meat" reasons. :)

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Maybe we can start a PCOS meal planning thread? I'm on my phone so can't start it from here or I would! I would love to share meals with nutrient (fat, cal, protein breakdown!) would be super helpful!

There is one, right??

LinzNicuRN
July 25th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Haha yes, I was thinking specific mea ideas etc..totally forgot this one existed when I wrote that!

PrayingForPrincess
July 26th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I've been loving fresh veggie soups with a bagel lately! Usually for dinner I will have rice of quinoa with a mixture of veg (Asparagus, broccoli, green beans,tomatoes, corn on the cob) and some strawberries for pudding! I will also drink coffee and diet coke through out the day and drink a beer or flavored cider at night with a small packet of haribo. I've also cut out cheese and I've never drunk milk so that's not been an issue. The LE diet has actually made me feel a ton better than I was when I was unintentionally eating a boy friendly diet! What kind of things are you eating lately? :)

ahorn586
July 27th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Here are some of the meal plans I'm using. Linz I saw your post about the snacking and its my biggest downfall too. I may sneak a potato chip every now and then because I love fried food but I've got to get back on my exercise. I've only been doing 4-5 days so I need to step it up. I'm thinking of decreasing my caloric intake because will be my 4th week on the diet and I've lost 5lbs I don't know if that's good or bad haha but I'll ask Atomic about it.