PDA

View Full Version : Faint period-type cramps 4-5DPO

1moregirl
July 15th, 2016, 07:58 PM
So, as the title of this message suggests, this is what I have been having yesterday and this morning and I've been trying not to freak out too much about it. I had this last cycle as well when I got a BFP but it was a CP. I don't remember ever having this before with any other pregnancies. I just knew I would get these pains around the time AF was due, only of course the bleeding itself would never arrive. What do pains this early mean? Is it the embryo having trouble implanting or something? I don't know. I've been drinking lots of water as well. I guess I just have to sit tight, try to relax, and just go with the flow. I have always been a bit of a pessimist, so trying to be positive is a really difficult thing for me. I have a 'feeling' I am going to get another BFP this cycle and my chart is looking really good. I have just been praying like crazy that this one sticks and is a healthy one.

Katt2275
July 15th, 2016, 11:47 PM
I hope you get a BFP again, and that this one is sticks and is very healthy. ♡ I remember reading that light cramps like you're having are very normal. I had them when I was pregnant with my son.

Sending prayers and sticky dust to you! [emoji4]

purple
July 16th, 2016, 01:17 AM
I get these cramps around 4 - 6dpo too so completely normal!

Blueplease
July 16th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Possibly implanation pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2016, 06:17 PM
It is too early for implantation BUT sometimes people ovulate before they think they did and are really more like 7 DPO when they think they're 4-5

BUT that having been said it is not unusual to have cramps at various points in the cycle just cause the body is weird LOL. It is NOT that a baby is trying to implant "but can't". If you could possibly feel a ball of cells smaller than the period at the end of this sentence doing anything in your uterus at all, pregnancy would be so unbearably painful you could never endure it.

1moregirl
July 17th, 2016, 01:45 AM
It is around the time AF is due that implantation occurs isn't it? Yeah...I don't know what it was but I haven't had it again today. Strange....

Pbn3
July 17th, 2016, 05:53 AM
1moregirl in my experiences with bfp cycles they were totally different. My first in december I distinctly felt a pulsing feeling (I imagine it as a hens egg pushing through a small tube lol) at 2/3dpo which is totally impossible lol however with my bfp cycle in May I felt nothing, nada, not a thing. After ttc for so long I put no stock in cramps, feelings etc as I'm sure I felt something everytime every cycle and I would analyse the crap out of it and still get a bfn. There is no telling with cramps, cm or dreams etc if you're pregnant, only a hpt will tell you at the appropriate time. I don't mean to come across as negative Nelly but sometimes symptoms like early cramps mean something but many times they don't. Just try and stay grounded and not read into things (as hard as it is) until testing time. In saying this I hope so much you get a sticky bfp!! I've been rooting for you through the good times and bad and am following to see you post that magical sticky bfp!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

1moregirl
July 17th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Thankyou Pbn3. My BBT this morning went up to 36.93 and I'm doing my best to stay grounded and level-headed. I am trying to tell myself also that if I did get a BFP this cycle, then surely on the third pregnancy (the first 2 of which were losses) it would be a good egg and a sticky pregnancy. My Ob once told me that if I got pregnant again it was a 60% chance of miscarriage, so surely by the third pregnancy it has to be a good egg? Please tell me there is some logic in my thinking? ;) lol! I have to admit that right now, I have a feeling I will get a BFP this time but am holding off testing for as long as I can. Here's a pic of my chart.

Pbn3
July 17th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Oh wow that sure is looking promising! Cant wait until you test!

1moregirl
July 19th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Thanks Pbn3. It dipped slightly this morning on 8DPO, but I have had that with my 2 BFP charts, so I guess the next two mornings are going to shed more light as to where I'm at. Fingers crossed. :)

Pbn3
July 19th, 2016, 08:26 PM
How does your chart look today 1moregirl? 9dpo right?

1moregirl
July 19th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Quite good thanks pbn3. A slight rise this morning at 9DPO and I went and bought some HPTs this morning just in case, though will hold off doing one for as long as possible. I have also had ferning today and yesterday on saliva microscope which I don't usually get now if AF is on her way. fingers crossed.

Pbn3
July 19th, 2016, 10:08 PM
That certainly is looking good! You're very good for holding off testing! I used to tell myself every cycle I would wait but I was hopeless lol and would always test early

1moregirl
July 19th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Thanks Hun. I just hope it all works out this time as don't know how I'll be if another loss. And yes, I'm not usually that patient either when it comes to peeing on sticks. Comes with the territory I guess doesn't it? Will let you know how I go when I test? How are you going yourself Hun? Xx

Pbn3
July 19th, 2016, 10:17 PM
I'm good thanks. Just waiting for my cycle to kick back in. I still had a faint but obvious positive on an frer yesterday so hcg is definately on the way down. Cant wait till you test!!

Pbn3
July 20th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Did you test this morning?

1moregirl
July 20th, 2016, 08:21 PM
:( yes PBn3. And got a BFN. Not even a hint of a second line. I have been such a cranky bitch these last few days and not a single ounce of patience at all. I just yelled at the two boys for misbehaving. I was sooooo sure I was pregnant yet maybe I do just have a UTI after all and that's why I've been feeling soooo tired and crappy. I thought we were meant to be more fertile after a loss? This f---Ing sucks big time and I am sooooo over it. It's just an emotional rollercoaster. Last cycle I got a BFP at 10DPO and last year I got one at 9DPO. I first tried to use a FR digital early detector one and the bloody thing didn't work. Clock thing didn't come up at all to show test was working and got a blank screen, then did a normal FR and no second line at ALL and I feel so empty and gutted, even though I promised myself and told myself that I would NOT get my hopes up. Maybe I should just quit and give up and admit defeat. I have prayed my heart out, tried thinking positively about it and for a big fat bloody nothing. :( :( :(

Pbn3
July 20th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I'm so sorry 1moregirl. It is still early but I'm guilty of admitting defeat seeing a bfn at 10dpo so I understand how you feel. Just try and get thru today and regroup for tomorrow morning. Take it easy and let's see what tomorrow brings xxoo you know you can get pregnant and if goldie didn't come around this cycle there's every chance she could next cycle

1moregirl
July 20th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Thanks Pbn3. I had just 'felt' pregnant though you know? And for my chart to have been looking soooo similar to my other 2 BFP ones....Argh! The initial disappointment is a killer, it really is. And I worry so much that I have uterine scarring from last year's D & C and need a hysteroscopy, otherwise if I do get pregnant again it will just not implant properly and result in recurring miscarriages. Or I probably need to stick to SMEP, like I did last cycle, which did result in a BFP. Thanks for listening and for your support and encouragement. I would've had similar due date to that of last year's pregnancy and my little girl if this cycle had've been a BFP you see, so it makes it all the more disappointing. :(

Pbn3
July 20th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Hugs and I hope tomorrow brings a bfp and agree your chart looks so promising.

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2016, 03:46 PM
any news today?

Pbn3
July 21st, 2016, 06:48 PM
How did this mornings test go 1moregirl?

1moregirl
July 22nd, 2016, 10:14 PM
Hi ladies. I've given up and am not testing again now. Just waiting for AF to arrive. This has been soooo much of an emotional rollercoaster ride for me and I think I am going to have to take at least a month or two of ttc because my anxiety has increased lately and I have just been too stressed and a bit too consumed by it all to be honest. Thursday night I was awake all night and having panic attacks and my anxiety was just terrible...I went to my doctor yesterday and I was in tears talking about it all with her. I'm already on an antidepressant but we think it was hormones that caused it that night and the fact that I'd received my youngests kinder acceptance forms that day for next year and thought of being at home without a baby or child just filled my heart with dread. And the thought of being pregnant again with risks of miscarriage, etc also added to the anxiety and panic attacks. So that was one sleepless night and my BBt jumped that next morning (so clearly not accurate even though I had been asleep for a while), but yesterday it dipped down again and I was teary and emotional, so sure AF is imminent. I had really believed that I could do it you know? I'd been thinking positive...I'm slim, I'm healthy and reasonably fit, but none of that means you have any good eggs left does it? anyway, my doctor gave me a referral thing to go see a counsellor and talk about it. I think I have given soooo much of myself to my children for the last 8 years that the thought of not being with them every day while they're at school just makes me feel lost and empty and I need to accept it and find myself again and new interests. How unfair it is that men can keep reproducing until however long, where we poor women have a reproductive use-by-date. It really really sucks and I guess I am one of those women who find it hard to accept. :( I've never really been a career-driven woman...my greatest role has been having babies and being a MUm...loved every single minute of it and finding it difficult to accept that there won't be another baby. Anyway, having said all of that, now is not a good time for me to be pregnant, as I don't cope well with our Victorian winters...I get the blues this time of year (obviously keep it hidden from my kids, but they just know that I HATE winter with a passion). It would be better for me to be pregnant earlier on in spring or Summer when I am at my emotional and mental best. Anyway, here's my chart and I apologise for getting my hopes up and those lovely ladies who help me along. :(

1moregirl
July 22nd, 2016, 10:19 PM
Also, if/when I ttc again, I won't be using BBT as it has become too stressful for me. I am officially going to throw my thermometer out today in the rubbish. I will just use FF for charting BD and opks and CM and that's it. Just relaxed approach. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, I'll learn to be OK with that. Sorry for sharing so much emotional stuff. I just thought that others in my position who feel the same as me could benefit from it somehow. Xx

Pbn3
July 22nd, 2016, 10:20 PM
1moregirl what a strong message that was. And well done on getting counselling. I think its a fantastic idea given how you feel about things and the anxiety its causing. I really hope its beneficial. Wishing you all the very best and hope you're able to find peace and clarity in whatever decision you make about ttc or not ttc. Huge hugs xxoo

ever hopeful
July 23rd, 2016, 08:01 AM
There's loads you can do when all of your children are at school and it will be great to think and do something for you for a little while during each day or even get a part time job that will fit around school times and holidays. i appreciate it's tough if you really want another one, but I'd start trying to really focus your positive energy on the three you already have, your DH and yourself and really look forwards to the next stage in life and you never know if you stop fretting about ttc you might very likely get an oops. xx

1moregirl
July 24th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Thanks pbn3 and Everhopeful. The one thing I DO know right now is that I don't want to be pregnant right now. Like I probably said in my last long-winded message (Lol!) I Find winter difficult enough and winter last year was mostly taken up with my 10 week miscarriage and a few months afterwards getting my iron levels back to normal and feeling normal again. I think that miscarriage and winter has created my anxiety. I'm also sad tonight because one of our beautiful Guinea pig boys passed away suddenly yesterday afternoon. The kids have taken it quite well, but I have been quite devastated and upset by it. I can feel AF on her way and I'm ok with it. I ditched my thermometer in the bin 2 days ago so not BBTing any more at ALL. If I ever do ttc again, I don't want to be sitting around analysing my FF chart and BBTs. It has become too stressful and I'm sick of it. Anyway, that's it for me at the moment. Thanks soooo much for your support and advice. I really appreciate it and please keep in touch. :) xx

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2016, 02:46 PM
There is something about guinea pigs that losing them is sooo hard!!! I'm sorry. :(

1moregirl
July 27th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Thanks Atomic.im doing better now, just sick at the moment with a throat and awful cough. can't even sleep well at night due to the coughing. But I'll get there. I am feeling a lot more peaceful at the moment without the pressures of ttc. If/when I'm ready to ttc again, I will be upping my intake of ubiquinol and will stick to SMEP as that is how I got that BFP two cycles ago. Will still pop in here every few days to check on our other lovely 35+ ladies ttc.