PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fertility Friend

Katt2275
July 15th, 2016, 11:34 PM
I have never used FF. I was thinking of trying it because I know it is a very reliable way to determine when ovulation has occurred.

The thing is, my sleep schedule is way off. I usually get just a few hours of sleep at night, and about a 4 hour nap during the day. Would my bbt be reliable after just 3 hours of sleep?

purple
July 16th, 2016, 01:24 AM
It is recommended to temp after at least 3 hours so you should be ok. If you have a tine of day when you always consistently sleep and wake up then try to pick that. Otherwise FF has some tips on it for shift workers that you could follow.
It is free anyway so handy to use to keep track of cycles. You can pay for vip but it's not really needed.

1moregirl
July 16th, 2016, 01:32 AM
I'm sure I've read that it is a minimum of 4 hours of sleep or rest (rest as in lying on the couch for that period without getting up). Good luck! I LOVE FF....would be lost without it.

purple
July 16th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Trying To Conceive Q&A (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/#/Faqs/Same-time-or-three-hours-of-sleep.html)

Just checked FF and it is 3 hours.

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I can't use it for that reason too.

What you can do instead (and I was just never that motivated) is temp at a different time of the day, just pick a time and temp then. It may not be quite as consistent/reliable as first thing in the morning but it can still pick up patterns for quite a few people.

Just to be sure you know, it can confirm that O has occured but can't ell you the specific day.

1moregirl
July 17th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Yep I checked too Purple and it is 3 hours. But whatever time you choose to do it it has to be the same each day doesn't it? I dunno...

Pbn3
July 17th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I would use it even just to record cm, and opks etcs, even if your temps are unreliable at first you may still be able to see an overall pattern after awhile (hopefully you'll get a bfp prior to 'awhile)'. After a looooong time charting I can pretty much guess (but not 100% of course) that I've oed if my temp is above a certain temp range. Its also handy to record notes of things you notice on certain days etc. I would work on taking your temp after longest sleep no matter what time (although hopefully within a few hours) but also know your temps may not give you an accurate indication of o, but combined with cm,cp etc and opks if you're using them it should help pinpoint o to within a few days maybe.....

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
July 18th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Yep I checked too Purple and it is 3 hours. But whatever time you choose to do it it has to be the same each day doesn't it? I dunno...

Yes, it needs to be at the same time each day. The thing you CAN"T do is switch back and forth from morning to night and back again. If you want to try temping at night then set an alarm for 9 pm or whenever and just temp every day at that time and see if it works for you. Many people will still see a very clear temp shift even temping at night, and if you don't, then you're no worse off than you are not temping! :)

1moregirl
July 19th, 2016, 07:38 AM
I usually take my BBt every morning at 7am but I've found it really hard for the last 3 days or so as I have been waking up at 5-6 busting to do a wee but have to hold on and go back to sleep til alarm goes off at 7am to take BbT. Bahahaha!

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2016, 02:28 PM
That is pointless because it's the activity that raises your temp, so waking up, having to pee, then tossing and turning for an hour isn't going to exactly be relible either!!

I'd just temp when I woke up and see if there's a pattern or not.