PDA

View Full Version : Not Feeling Very Positive..

Faithinpink
July 20th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Hi ladies, so I'm 5 weeks pregnant and 2 days ago started bleeding exactly like a period no extreme pain just what I would get with my period ...
Went to ED and did hcg levels and apparently they climbed in 5 days from 154 to 1041, went today again to get more bloods taken so am waiting for levels should know them later on this arvo . Got appt with OB tomorrow. So my question is , is it really possible to have a successful pregnancy even with bleeding ?? I have never bleed with any of my pregnancy and have never had a miscarriage
Everytime I go to toilet and see the blood I just think no way this cannot be Normal but have been told women do bleed during pregnancy and Is common .
I suppose I'm just scared I'm slowly losing the baby .. Anyone had a successful pregnancy and still got AF ??

XXforhubby
July 20th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Me!! With my DS3 it started as Braxton Hicks cramping. I knew something was wrong. I went to the bathroom and saw blood. It started as a light flow at first, but then I needed a pad. It lasted for 5 days and it started right when my period would have started. I had to wait a whole 10 days for my scan. It showed I had a SCH (subchorionic hemorrhage), which is very common in pregnancy.

An SCH is when the embryo implants on, or next to, a blood vessel in your uterus. It causes bleeding to occur and a scab (clot) develops that stops the blood flow. What most doctors don't tell you but this does make sense, the scab will fall off eventually, and you may see very light spotting again as it completely resolves. Had my OB not told me this, I would have totally freaked out 13 days later. The second time it was extremely light and only lasted a day. I didn't need even a panty liner, since it only was noticeable when I wiped.

I'm hoping and praying that this is what is going on with you and that this resolved quickly! Your HCG levels seem good.

Huge hugs!!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

Faithinpink
July 20th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Ahh XX thank u for your reply , so there may still be hope for me then .
Yeah I started bleeding around the time AF would have been due, I keep saying to myself maybe I just needed to bleed bcos last week I thought I was going to explode with all my emotions and felt like af was coming but thought no way how can I if I'm pregnant..

Praying my hcg have gone up . Update when I know xx

Faithinpink
July 21st, 2016, 03:23 AM
Feel like I'm on a rollercoaster, levels came back at 1031...
So they have dropped by 10 in 48hours . Still bleeding and clots .Going to be a long night as I'm feeling so down and scared , suppose my OB will know best appt tomorrow

Mamato3?
July 21st, 2016, 05:10 AM
I hope everything goes well faith. I wish you the best!

1moregirl
July 21st, 2016, 06:40 AM
FaithinPink - I'm soooo sorry to hear you are going through this Hun. I wish there was something I could say that would give you some comfort, but I'm stuck for the words. I'd never had a miscarriage til last year and prior to that with my three healthy pregnancies that resulted in three healthy babies, I never experienced any bleeding. Yet I have heard of plenty of ladies that do have some bleeding and it turns out to be ok. I guess it doesn't look good if your numbers have dropped slightly. I'm sorry love. It's a rotten thing to have to go through. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. Xxoo

purple
July 21st, 2016, 06:44 AM
Sorry Faithinpink :( It doesn't sound very promising if your levels have started dropping and you are bleeding. Take care xx.

Babygirlquest
July 21st, 2016, 06:45 AM

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2016, 03:58 PM
yes it is and I had a full 5 day period with my 4th pregnancy and had a happy healthy 8 lb baby 9 months later. Did not have bleeding with any of my other 4 pregnancies.

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2016, 03:59 PM
Feel like I'm on a rollercoaster, levels came back at 1031...
So they have dropped by 10 in 48hours . Still bleeding and clots .Going to be a long night as I'm feeling so down and scared , suppose my OB will know best appt tomorrow

Yes I'm sorry I didn't read this part when I replied, dropping betas is never what we want to see here. ((((Hugs))))

1moregirl
July 22nd, 2016, 10:21 PM
How did you go Faith? You've been in my thoughts and prayers Hun. We're all here for you. Xxoo

Faithinpink
July 23rd, 2016, 11:13 PM
Hi ladies , 1moregorl thank you for you kind thoughts and prays, so.....
Ahh, not sure what to believe . Went to Ob she was concerned about the bleeding sent me for more bloods and ultrasound turns out iam only just 5 weeks which I thought I was around 5+, couldn't see anything but the sack too early . Now this is the confusing bit bloods on Tuesday were APPARENTLY 1041
THURSDAY 1031
Went had blood done again Friday and they were 1218...
Very confused I can only think that hospital was wrong they didn't show me the number just told me ..
Bleeding has stopped now.

OB appt tomorrow, more bloods to be taken in the morning and ultrasound later on in the week praying and hoping all is ok , leaving it in Gods hands ..

1moregirl
July 24th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Oh Faith....that's quite positive then Hun isn't it? Wow...I will be praying for you and your little bean to stay put and be healthy. I have everything crossed for you. That is strange, the drop in hcg and then the climb again. Maybe atomic has heard of something similar happening before? Anyway, all the best Hun and will be thinking of you. Xxoo

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2016, 02:44 PM
What is distantly possible is that there may have been twins, and one stayed and one left. So the betas were higher, then lower, then higher again as the sticky pregnancy continued rising. Now obviously this is not a common situation but it is believed to happen.

1moregirl
July 27th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Atomic...I had thought of that possibility as well. How are you Faith?

Faithinpink
July 27th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Yes that thought did cross my mind.. OB mentioned it.
Iam ok 1moregirl, hope ur well..
Got bloods taken yesterday and due back tomorrow for more bloods . U/S tomorrow fx they find a hb...
I'm on progesterone now for the next 6 weeks, trying to stay positive ��

honeybee37
July 28th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Faithinpink, fx everything works out for you... Been thinking of you and hoping everything was OK x

MrsGoodies
July 28th, 2016, 11:01 AM
((hugs)) faithinpink

1moregirl
July 28th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Faith....praying for you Hun that everything will be Ok and that your scan shows a little bean with a strong heartbeat. I also hope your hcg levels are continuing to rise nicely. Were your progesterone levels a bit low or is taking that just a precaution? Anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine. Look forward to hearing how everything went. Xxoo

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Good luck and :pray: for good news.

sharon
July 29th, 2016, 01:57 PM
hope all was well , any update from today ? x

Serenity
July 29th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I'm late to this, but just wanted to say that during my pregnancy with DS1, I had quite a bit of bleeding that started early on and continued on and off throughout the pregnancy. I ended up on bedrest for much of it. I was terrified, always thinking I was going to lose him. When he was finally born, healthy and strong, they mentioned that the placenta seemed to have come off a bit in some spots, which was probably what was causing the bleeding. I've had a couple of early losses, too, so I know how that feels as well. I hope that things turn out OK for you. :hug2:

honeybee37
July 29th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Hi Faith
I hope things are ok at your end xx

Faithinpink
July 30th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Hi everyone, I'm doing ok...HCG is raising nicely, had U/S on Friday but unfortunately couldn't see hb , probably bcos its just too early..
OB appt Monday, and I'm going to hold off for another u/s till 10 days, just too disheartening to go there and not be able to see anything..
6 weeks today, bloods every 2-3 days and alot of praying , thanks ladies for all the support xxx

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2016, 09:40 AM
So happy to hear HCG is rising well!! (((((hugs))))))

purple
July 30th, 2016, 08:07 PM
That is great news faith!

My first u/s also couldn't see a HB but it was their about 5 days later. I hope your hcg continues to rise and you see that HB soon!

1moregirl
July 31st, 2016, 01:02 AM
Great to hear your little bean seems to be sticking Faith. Hope it keeps going well and you see that little heartbeat soon. And glad your hcg levels are rising nicely. Very positive sounding. Great news Hun! Hang in there. You'll be passed that dreaded 12 week Mark before you know it and then can relax more. :) xx

Faithinpink
August 1st, 2016, 04:13 AM
Thanks ladies, Yeah 1moregirl hate the 12weeks , first termester but I have never felt so nervous .. Iam keeping the FAITH , I've got too I'm not giving up my baby just gotta stick ...PLEASE GOD hear my prays :pray:

Serenity
August 1st, 2016, 09:43 AM
Hi Faith,

The most helpful thing anyone said to me when I was going through this came from a very kind emergency room doctor.

He told me that with this kind of bleeding, I would have a 50% chance of keeping the baby, and a 50% chance of losing him or her. He put his hand on my shoulder and asked, "Do you want to keep this baby?" and of course I nodded, and he said, "Then protect it. Go home and rest. Eat lots of healthy food. Sleep well. Do everything you can."

I remember going from feeling so helpless and scared, to feeling like at least there was something I could do. I spent the rest of that pregnancy protecting my son, and now I spend every day protecting him.

When I started to bleed again very early in another pregnancy, I tried again to protect that baby, but lost it. This happened to me twice. At these times, I told myself over and over again to trust my body, that my body knew what was best. That my body was helping me, even if it didn't feel like it. I do believe that both those times, the baby wouldn't have been healthy, and my body was being kind to me and to the little one by letting it go.

Trust yourself. Do everything you can. Believe that your body knows what is best for you, your baby, and your family. I will pray for you, too. :hug2:

Hopefullmummy
August 1st, 2016, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone, I'm doing ok...HCG is raising nicely, had U/S on Friday but unfortunately couldn't see hb , probably bcos its just too early..
OB appt Monday, and I'm going to hold off for another u/s till 10 days, just too disheartening to go there and not be able to see anything..
6 weeks today, bloods every 2-3 days and alot of praying , thanks ladies for all the support xxx

My ultrasound at 6 weeks with my DS2 had no heart beat because it was too early at that stage. And he's healthy and happy sleeping beside me now :) al ll fingers crossed for you.

1moregirl
August 2nd, 2016, 02:11 AM
Lots of prayers to you Faith, but I believe you and your baby are going to be fine. I know that first trimester is hard but you will get there. One step at a time...one day at a time...xxoo

Faithinpink
August 2nd, 2016, 02:55 AM
Thank you 1moregirl and yes one day at a time, one minute I'm ok the next my mind Is racing what if this what if that but I'm trying hard to stay positive I have to especially for my boys , the younger ones still don't know yet and wont tell them until I reach the 12 week mark ..
I hope your all well and once again thank everyone for their comments and pray much appreciated

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
With my last pregnancy I did not tell anyone till 20 weeks. I was just so worried about something going wrong. Luckily I had a tiny tummy that time (even tho it was my second biggest baby!!)

1moregirl
August 3rd, 2016, 02:24 AM
Atomic - I'm sure I would be the same if I was to fall pregnant again. I would keep it hidden for as long as I possibly could, except from you lovely supportive ladies and one or two very close friends. All the best Faith. Keep the faith. Xxoo

Pbn3
August 3rd, 2016, 04:26 AM
Ditto this 1moregirl! I have no intention of revealing a future pregnancy (if I'm lucky enough) until 20 weeks if at all possible. Even then I will feel like I'm jinxing myself for revealing :( wish I could go and live in the mountains for 9 months if I get a bfp lol

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

XXforhubby
August 3rd, 2016, 11:45 AM
I too am going to wait as long as I can, if I'm fortunate enough to get pregnant again. I'm not looking forward to all of the comments about having a 4th baby. I'm not too worried about gender comments, since I don't have a gender preference myself. I just feel badly for my DH, because he has never revealed he wants a DD. I just wish people would just either be supportive or not say anything at all!

1moregirl
August 4th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Ditto this 1moregirl! I have no intention of revealing a future pregnancy (if I'm lucky enough) until 20 weeks if at all possible. Even then I will feel like I'm jinxing myself for revealing :( wish I could go and live in the mountains for 9 months if I get a bfp lol

Yes Pbn3. I soooo hear you. It would be sooooo nice just to disappear off the radar for a while until you felt confident to share the news. It's always hard for me to keep the secret because I tend to get dreadful morning-all day sickness and even my kids (young as they are) are quick to pick up on what's going on. Even once a few weeks back when I was vomiting with a gastro one of the kids asked me if I was having another baby. Lol! Little sweethearts. Anyway, every where I go lately I seem to be surrounded by pregnancy or babies or hearing of older ladies on the news giving birth and it has made me want to keep trying. I'm onto CD 13 today but had huge amounts of EWCM the last two days and I just didn't want to waste the cycle so I pretty much jumped my DH last night and away we went. Bahahaha! One attempt in. I'm not doing BBT or using OPKs this cycle. Just winging it and going with the flow so to speak. All the BBTing, charting and OPKs were just stressing me out too much and I've worked out I really just need to be relaxed about the whole thing. Anyway, sorry for rambling on. How are you going yourself Pbn3? Are you back into the swing of ttc again yet Hun?

Faith - how are you going Hun? Still hoping and praying you have a healthy, sticky little pink bean growing away in there Hun. Xx

Pbn3
August 4th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Hi 1moregirl I'll send you a pm :)

1moregirl
August 4th, 2016, 10:05 PM
I too am going to wait as long as I can, if I'm fortunate enough to get pregnant again. I'm not looking forward to all of the comments about having a 4th baby. I'm not too worried about gender comments, since I don't have a gender preference myself. I just feel badly for my DH, because he has never revealed he wants a DD. I just wish people would just either be supportive or not say anything at all!

Xx - I totally get what you're saying. I have a sister who had three boys and when she confided to the family that they were expecting their fourth everyone seemed certain it was going to be another boy and thought she was mad, which is just terrible. It shouldn't be that way and it's no one else's business what gender bubs is. Every baby is a gift regardless of its gender. Anyway, my sister admitted to me that her and her DH had done a bit of a girl sway and sure enough...it worked as their fourth and final baby was a little girl, with three bigger brothers who adore her and dote on her. I think the same as you too Hun. As much as I would love a second little girl (sister for our one daughter), at my 'ripe' age ;) the best thing I can really hope for is ultimately a healthy baby...boy or girl...doesn't really matter that much to me anymore. If it was a boy, I would still be ecstatic just to have a healthy precious baby in my arms for one last time...and peace that I can one day tell my daughter that I did everything humanly possible to try to give her a sister but that God decided to bless her with brothers instead. At least she is lucky to have siblings since there are many I know and who are just out there in the world who struggled just to have one baby.

Faithinpink
August 17th, 2016, 03:32 AM
Sadly I miscarried. ..
It has been a rollercoaster, so many blood test every 2days hcg was rising, had an ultrasound last Monday and saw the heartbeat but was on the low side so had another on the Friday and couldn't detect heartbeat again, I was devastated...
On the Saturday decided I wasn't going to give up and wanted a second opinion u/s and the same result .
My poor sweet baby's heart stopped there was nothing I could to change this..
I was advised to stop the progesterone and prepare for miscarriage.
It happened Sunday night , I just cannot believe it.. I'm numb , empty I so wanted this this baby .
So ladies unsure of my plans now , just need time to heal .
Take care ill pop in and say hello every now and then xo

Faithinpink
August 17th, 2016, 03:32 AM
Sadly I miscarried. ..
It has been a rollercoaster, so many blood test every 2days hcg was rising, had an ultrasound last Monday and saw the heartbeat but was on the low side so had another on the Friday and couldn't detect heartbeat again, I was devastated...
On the Saturday decided I wasn't going to give up and wanted a second opinion u/s and the same result .
My poor sweet baby's heart stopped there was nothing I could to change this..
I was advised to stop the progesterone and prepare for miscarriage.
It happened Sunday night , I just cannot believe it.. I'm numb , empty I so wanted this this baby .
So ladies unsure of my plans now , just need time to heal .
Take care ill pop in and say hello every now and then xo

familymatters
August 17th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Oh faith that is so devastating, I'm really sorry for your loss. Definitely take some time away to heal, I think you'll find you will know in your heart what you want to do once the pain of this loss isn't so fresh.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

purple
August 17th, 2016, 06:32 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Faith :( It can take some time to process and grieve so take your time. Nothing needs to be deiced yet and you will be able to think about it from a different perspective later. Take care xx.

XXforhubby
August 17th, 2016, 09:46 AM
I'm SO sorry Faith [emoji22]. I'm sending you lots of strength and healing. Take all the time you need, and when you're ready, you and your DH will decide what is best for your family.

Huge hugs

3'sacharm
August 17th, 2016, 10:32 AM
So sorry to read this. Sending you hugs xx

jennypenny
August 17th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I am so truly sorry to read this!

It is such a heartbreaking experience to go through. You will be mentally and physically exhausted by all of this so take extra special care of yourself.

Big hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

sharon
August 17th, 2016, 05:35 PM
So sorry hun

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wantanother2017
August 17th, 2016, 09:34 PM
So sorry to hear. We will be here always even if it's just when you need someone to listen.
Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1moregirl
August 17th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Oh Faith.... I am soooo sorry Hun. What an emotional rollercoaster you've been on lately. It's a horrid thing to endure and we feel sooo helpless as we have these yearned for babies growing inside us yet we really don't have any control over what happens in there. I had to take a break from here too for a bit Hun...grieve and cuddle up to your little ones much more than usual as I found that helped sooo much. Thoughts and prayers for you Faith. Xxxooo

Complex Emotions
August 18th, 2016, 12:59 AM
Oh Faith, I'm so sorry to read that you lost the baby. You are in my thoughts.

Grace
August 18th, 2016, 03:12 AM
I'm so sorry Faith, it breaks my heart to read your story. Hope you get the support you need right now from your family. Take care of yourself xoxo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry Faith, please let me know how I can help.

Faithinpink
October 3rd, 2016, 02:10 AM
Hi ladies,
I have been sorta MIA.. I've popped on now and then but haven't posted for awhile, just took a bit of time to get my head around things.
The miscarriage took alot out of me and finally ended 3 weeks ago as u/s showed retaining tissue, my OB wanted to do D&C but I chose not too, had 2 courses of antibiotics and just prayed things will finally finish naturally and thankfully enough it did. After yet another u/s miscarriage confirmed complete and blood work confirmed my hcg levels back to normal..
The bleeding stopped 3 weeks ago yahoo , I was bleeding for like 7 weeks heavy thought it was never going to end .
So here iam thinking and wondering what to do next , my diet has been absolutely unbelievable, snacking eating meat , doing everything I shouldn't be lol...
I just feel so hurt after all I did dieting for 24 weeks strictly on LE and then to miscarry and go through the hurt of asking myself what I did wrong and wondering should we try again ??
Still don't know , I don't even have my cycle back yet or even think I've ovulated .
Sorry I'm just venting . I have been lurking in the back ground and have seen a few of us pink swayers miscarry and just wanna sorry to everyone that has gone through this it is a heartbreaking experience and has taught me something quite valuable and that is to let go of my control because at the end of the day I really cant control everything and has made me look at life alittle different.
My little ones really helpt me alot through all this I look at them and think how lucky I really am . I have 4 wonderful boys whom I adore and if I go on another journey and chose to have another baby its going to be a light sway .
Xx Thank u all for all your support

Pbn3
October 3rd, 2016, 03:49 PM
Hi fatihinpink and thank you for updating. I'm so sorry again :(

sharon
October 3rd, 2016, 04:01 PM
Faith how far along were u when u lost your baby ? So sorry u had to go thru such a long process too. But glad alls bk to normal physically for you hun xx

1moregirl
October 3rd, 2016, 07:01 PM
FaithinPink - soooo lovely to hear from you and hear that the miscarriage finally ended for you. It is a horrendous thing to go through. It is physically and emotionally exhausting. It took me a good 3 months to recover physically and a lot longer than that to recover emotionally. Just be kind to yourself, give yourself extra treats and indulgences and lots more cuddles and special times with your 4 boys. These things helped me the most. Don't be hard on yourself about the diet either and what you've been eating Hun.....you need to do whatever you need to do to look after yourself and feel comfortable and your body would be needing meat (iron) after bleeding for 7 weeks. Anyway, it's lovely to hear from you...you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Xxxooo

Faithinpink
October 5th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Faith how far along were u when u lost your baby ? So sorry u had to go thru such a long process too. But glad alls bk to normal physically for you hun xx

Hi Sharon, I was 9 weeks .. Yes very glad physically back to normal, and finally got AF back so am thinking of doing LE lightly and just go with the flow as the diet is second nature to me now.
My biggest downfall is I'm a big fan of snacking lol

Faithinpink
October 5th, 2016, 02:53 AM
Faith - This is all so complicated, isn't it? Several of the pink swayers I've followed on this site have suffered miscarriages but of course it's not uncommon at all, even for those who haven't swayed a bit, which drives home the reality that, just like you said, pregnancy is outside of anyone's control.

Yeah its apparently very common miscarriage, maybe that's why the ultrasound lady that did my scan when the heartbeat couldn't be detected again had no bedside maner..No sorry for your loss just its common!!( would never go back there)

sharon
October 5th, 2016, 02:57 AM
Faith i didnt do a strict LE diet & im a major snacker so i was surprised to conceove a girl but i did manage to eat differently and drink differently to my usual diet
Which was def HE. I think doing a light sway will still help esp as u said its second nature to you now xx I even had regular sex as months of e4d then e3d just did nothing

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2016, 02:55 PM
The whole point of LE Diet is to decline your condition a little bit and that is stillgoing to be working for you. The loss also takes a toll and I would have you TTC when you are ready to even if you are not back on diet that long.

Complex Emotions
October 6th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Yeah its apparently very common miscarriage, maybe that's why the ultrasound lady that did my scan when the heartbeat couldn't be detected again had no bedside maner..No sorry for your loss just its common!!( would never go back there)

That's just horrible, Faith. What a terrible way to get that news! I can't imagine how she could be so cold.