PDA

View Full Version : Confused....which OPK to believe

MrsGoodies
July 24th, 2016, 09:02 PM
All of my OPK were negative this morning cd9

Now evening of cd 9 i have only HIGH on the CBFM but a smilie on the digital.

So is my surge juuuuuuuuust starting and maybe the CBFM will catch up? So weird bc my cbfm usually has a fade out of the control line (as estrogen increases) but this time nada!

Plus I have ZERO ewcm...last month 3 days worth...this month just wet, doesnt stretch at all, probably bd leftovers....is this bad not having any ewcm???

What gives?

Here are my CBFM sticks only....

Here are my cbfm sticks and the digi stick together

MrsGoodies
July 24th, 2016, 09:05 PM
For reference, here is my cbfm +opk from last month....the WHITE STICK?... (you can see the control line fade out and strong +++ on the LH side)

1moregirl
July 24th, 2016, 10:33 PM
That's a hell of a lot of sticks Hun. Lol! I'm sorry I can't help. When I ttc again I'm just going to use clear blue digital and that's it. I hate the ordinary pee on stick ones now. Never again. And I'm not doing BBt any more either.

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I am not convinced that is a real positive and I think you're still a few days away.

MrsGoodies
July 25th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Hi Atomic,

What do you mean "not a real positive"?

I tested today and last nights urine again and got the same results

Cd 9 pm smilie
Cd 10 am no smilie

What would cause a +opk other than a real surge?

Is it possible to starts a lh surge, stop and then get another one a few days later?

What should i do now as far as bd goes?

MrsGoodies
July 25th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Seriously, WTF is going on with my opk??

9 am - clearly negative
9 pm clearly ++
10 am - negative
10 3 pm - ??? Darker? ++?

Is this a stop start lh surge or 2 eggs or what???

XXforhubby
July 25th, 2016, 05:31 PM
I think your body was gearing up to ovulate but didn't. I think your surge is happening now because your opk at 3pm looks positive to me.

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

MrsGoodies
July 25th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Thanks xxforhubby,

Why would the opk be + last night?

The 9 pm gave me a smilie, but the 10 3 pm did not even though it looks darker to me.

(Sigh) I guess i'll keep peeing on sticks.....

XXforhubby
July 25th, 2016, 06:03 PM
I know, it's so frustrating! The same thing happened to me the month before I conceived my DS3. The month I got my BFP, I didn't get a positive at all! Now that I'm TTCing again, I get almost positives but not a true positive. That's why I prefer BDing every 4 days.

FX so hard for you!!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

Burakoam
July 25th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Mrs- as someone who literally JUST went through this (and its my BFP cycle :) ) i can assure you that you are ovulating between yesterday, today or tomorrow. The previous tests from a few days ago were not true positives and i have no idea why you got the solid as mine did the exact same thing, then went to "low" then a few days later another peak and i was like "WTF" and looked at the lines and it was a super super dark test line where as the first solid had very light lines very similar to your first... good luck!!!!

MrsGoodies
July 26th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Thanks burakoam,

How did you know the first opk was false and to test a few days later? Did you have two ovulations?

How did it affect your swaying?

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Hi Atomic,

What do you mean "not a real positive"?

I tested today and last nights urine again and got the same results

Cd 9 pm smilie
Cd 10 am no smilie

What would cause a +opk other than a real surge?

Is it possible to starts a lh surge, stop and then get another one a few days later?

What should i do now as far as bd goes?

You can have a false positive where just enough LH makes its way into your urine to make a positive looking test but it isn't really.

OR, you can gear up to O but your body isn't ready yet so it doesn't ahppen for a few more days.

OR, your tests can just be cruddy (this happens too often IMO I wish the OPK people would figure this out) and look positive when they aren't.

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Thanks xxforhubby,

Why would the opk be + last night?

The 9 pm gave me a smilie, but the 10 3 pm did not even though it looks darker to me.

(Sigh) I guess i'll keep peeing on sticks.....

Because OPK are bargain basement technology that are very imprecise and unfortunately are just the best we got.

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Thanks burakoam,

How did you know the first opk was false and to test a few days later? Did you have two ovulations?

How did it affect your swaying?

you can't have two ovulations days apart. After O takes place the hole the egg comes out of turns into the corpus luteum and prevents other eggs from coming out.

In Burakoam's case, her first surge was a fake and then she geared up to O later. I had her do attempts with both rounds if I'm remembering right (right B???)

Burakoam
July 26th, 2016, 02:31 PM
I didnt know my first surge was fake until i compared it to the second one. The reason i tested again and knew something wasnt 'right' is because i had huge, large amounts of EWCM, something i have NEVER had.. (thanks blue diet! Lol)

then the reason i figured my first surge must have been 'fake' is because the line for the second one was SOOO dark compared to the first one. first line was the same shade as the control line..actual ovulation line was much darker. it would even pop up before the control line.

And yes atomic had me do attempts at both surges just in case. so until my dating scan i wont know for sure but its way more likely that im pregnant from my second surge.

MrsGoodies
July 26th, 2016, 04:15 PM
wow!

Good thing you had the extra ewcm. I am sending you all of my BLUE DUST :diaper:

I think my "fake" opk is the right one b/c all of my O pain is gone....HOWEVER, last month I was having these crappy OPK readings as well along with severe O pain that mysteriously disappeared at cd9 so I thought my surge was over and instead got a real +OPK on cd11.

I don't have any ewcm to go by though. I suppose I can keep peeing on sticks for a few more days....or take a HPT in 10 days and see what happens...

Burakoam
July 26th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Mrs-careful because I had O pain a few days before the first positive that I am convinced was a fake. That's why I tested THEN...I had no o pain with my real surge. Funny enough. I still think you just had your surge and if you wanted to TTC this month hope you are DTD...

MrsGoodies
July 26th, 2016, 11:11 PM
Thanks Burakoam,

I bd on cd 9 in the late morning and got the +opk smile (but high on cbfm) 7 hr later...

I was aiming for a 2 day cut off ttc a girl.

So far 3 day cut off is not working for me. I usually O on cd 11 or cd12.
When i stop bd on cd 9 (thinking O will be on cd 11...its delayed until cd 12)

But this month i stopped on cd 9 and got a +opk later the same day so now its freaking me out! (Sigh) i can never win.

What was your timing/diet like with your girls? You have three i see so you must be doing something right! :)

I've conceived 5 boys and with 4/5 i was on a boy friendly diet (no dairy at all, lots of salt, red meat, chinese food, salty seafood, canned food, potatoes). Tons of ewcm with all of them.

I had never heard of diet so tried various shettles cut-offs 2.5 days, 3.5 days, bd through O...

One son i was on the girl diet (but still eating meat) and tried 0+12 timing.

Burakoam
July 27th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Mrs.- Unknown to me I lead a very LE lifestyle with my first two for sure.. I ate when I was hungry which wasn't often and I almost never had breakfast and I ate lots of unhealthy things like sweets and fast food. Sodium intake was probably through the roofs also hindering fertility making me more LE.. I can easily have more than 5 cans a day of soda... They were conceived with one attempt at or around ovulation... I wasn't trying to get pregnant or sway I was really young with them (16 and 21)

With my third baby i had always been told about shettles timing making boys from my own mother who has two boys then me her only and sought after daughter...she had two so I believed her lol. But my habits had not changed, I had just come off a full year of using vyvanse to control ADD symptoms and so I was really skinny and I still hardly ate but I was eating breakfast every day at the time I conceived my current youngest funnily enough. I still ate crappy unhealthy foods without many nutrients and I had way more cardio in my life than weight lifting and I think that had a lot to do with it... Also had to use clomid to ovulate and have her which also sways pink, and I did a boy sway tactic (unknown to me at the time) by having sex as soon as I had a solid smiley, the next morning, next night and morning and night after that... She is still all girl. So I think how and what I was eating and what I weighed were the more important factors there

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Mrs-careful because I had O pain a few days before the first positive that I am convinced was a fake. That's why I tested THEN...I had no o pain with my real surge. Funny enough. I still think you just had your surge and if you wanted to TTC this month hope you are DTD...

:agree: :agree: :agree: it is the HORMONES that make EWCM and O pain and so when you have a fake surge, you can unfortunately have all the exact same symptoms as a real O and then you don't ovulate and they go away.

one time I had the most realistic fake O in human history with O pains, gobs of EWCM, high libido, etc. and then I just never got AF. (I was breastfeeding and didn't have PPAF back yet) I even went to the doctor but nope, not pregnant.

I also have cray-cray O pains and I often have them off and on, starting as early as CD 3 sometimes. Notice em for a day or two, they go away for a day or two, come back, etc.

1moregirl
July 27th, 2016, 08:18 PM
MrsG - crazy OPK stuff been happening with you Hun. Weird! I must admit I think I've had a few cycles where I got three days in a row of pos OPKs and it totally flips you out. Actually two cycles ago when I got a BFP I had gotten pos OPKs 5 days in a row, and FF marked me as having Oed on CD 15, which was slap bang in the middle of the five days of Pos OPKs. So O was on 3rd day of Pos OPK. I don't know why it happened like that...maybe you have an initial surge and the egg is having trouble being released and keeps trying so you keep getting a surge until it's released? I don't know. Good luck Hun.