PDA

View Full Version : BFP!! Do you think lines are progressing?

Brandles
July 29th, 2016, 01:38 AM
Hi everyone!!! It's been a while since I've been in here, but I just found out on Tuesday that I am pregnant. The lines on my test are barely darkening. I'm either 14 dpo today or 14 dpo on Saturday. My cycles have been between 26-28 days lately. I did have a CBE digital positive saying I was 1-2 weeks post ovulation. I'm concerned because of a history of miscarriages, 2 of which the line started fading. Anyone have any positive experience with something similar? And do you think the lines are getting darker? I am such a POAS'aholic the first week or so. lol!

Thanks in advance!!

(btw, don't mind my signature... I haven't changed it in years.32444

baby2016baby
July 29th, 2016, 03:21 AM
Hi there and congratulations, I'm about 9 days ahead of you :) I'm sorry I'm not much use but just to say tests are strange things. My first was so fient you couldn't barely see it. I was 13dpo or 14 by ff. Then I took another 48 hours later and it had darkened but not much. I tested again 48 hours later and it was same as previous test. Also took a clearblue weeks and only said 1/2 and I should have been well in 2/3 week territory. Yet now I'm still here and everyone has agreed that because we don't always follow same pattern of hcg levels and progression. The darkening of the line is not a reliable way of checking pregnancy progression. Can you get a blood draw? That's only truely reliable way. I wouldn't get too hung up on tests xxx

Brandles
July 29th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Hi there and congratulations, I'm about 9 days ahead of you :) I'm sorry I'm not much use but just to say tests are strange things. My first was so fient you couldn't barely see it. I was 13dpo or 14 by ff. Then I took another 48 hours later and it had darkened but not much. I tested again 48 hours later and it was same as previous test. Also took a clearblue weeks and only said 1/2 and I should have been well in 2/3 week territory. Yet now I'm still here and everyone has agreed that because we don't always follow same pattern of hcg levels and progression. The darkening of the line is not a reliable way of checking pregnancy progression. Can you get a blood draw? That's only truely reliable way. I wouldn't get too hung up on tests xxx

Thank you!! Yes, I am having a blood draw today. That totally makes sense, but with my history I tend to over analyze the tests. You'd think I'd be better at this, I used to be an OB nurse before a wahm to stay with my kiddos!!

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Please don't stress/obsess over lines like this. While you obviously never want to see a very dark line that suddenly goes very faint, these type of miniscule fluctuations in darkness are meaningless and have far more to do with the concentration of your urine and the variances in tests themselves.

FX for good news at blood draw!

sharon
July 29th, 2016, 02:04 PM
i think its darker yes

Cinss
July 30th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Hi Brandles ✋ long time no see 😀 congratulations on the bfp! FX for a sticky one for you.

Brandles
July 30th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Thank you!! I'm done testing and bhcg/progesterone results should be here in Monday. :nails:

Brandles
July 30th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Hi Brandles ✋ long time no see 😀 congratulations on the bfp! FX for a sticky one for you.

Oh my goodness... How are you? Thanks for the congrats and well wishes!!! Hope all is well in your world. :)

Cinss
July 31st, 2016, 01:38 AM
Oh my goodness... How are you? Thanks for the congrats and well wishes!!! Hope all is well in your world. :)
Im really good thanks, ive come back to the forum because we had a little surprise, im pregnant again, due in March. Guess we will be hanging out again this time if all goes well, come join the due date budies thread 😀

Brandles
July 31st, 2016, 03:32 AM
Im really good thanks, ive come back to the forum because we had a little surprise, im pregnant again, due in March. Guess we will be hanging out again this time if all goes well, come join the due date budies thread 😀

How exciting!!! Ours was a surprise too!!! See you over in the dd thread!!!