PDA

View Full Version : When did your cycle return?

Pbn3
July 29th, 2016, 05:59 AM
Hi all. I've been tracking half hearted my cycle since my miscarriage began (well a week or more into it anyway, just backdated info on ff) and am wondering how common it is not to o somewhere in that cycle? I started light bleeding today and have passed some small blood clots and pretty much hope af will show in the next couple days but don't believe I've ovulated. I haven't been checking cm internally so I may be wrong recording what I have. My mc started 27th June and ended in a d&c on 13th of July. My hcg level was still 8 on the 19th July but was down to 2 by 26th July. Can af be coming this soon without o? I know I'll know more over the next few days but just wanting to know others experiences with their miscarriage cycle if your willing to share?http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/11f950cb2a0746cecadb51109e3597d2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

purple
July 29th, 2016, 06:43 AM
After all 3 of my miscarriages I have ovulated about day 30 although that has been my normal O timing for the last year but in 2010 my cycles were shorter and after my miscarriage the next cycle was 6 weeks.

Mine were different that I didn't have any retained products so they could delay yours a bit more. They say AF normally arrives 4 to 6 weeks after a miscarriage but it may need to be counted from your d&c for you.

Hopefully you know what is going on soon!

I hope you are doing ok! :)

Pbn3
July 29th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Thanks purple! I'm doing ok I think. Still have my bad days but on the whole I just want my cycle to come back so I have some normality again I guess? I see my ob on Tuesday for a follow up and actually emailed her a letter basically outlining everything I want to discuss in regards to possibly ttc again in the future. I feel like I've been in limbo since the 19th june when I got the bad news so very eager for things to resume as normal. Hope you are going well and I have been following (but not commenting much) your journey :)

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2016, 01:56 PM
The only thing "normal" is that there is no normal, unfortunately. It can be different for every person and with every loss can be different as well.

I think it's high time they gave you something to get things moving again. :heart:

MrsGoodies
July 31st, 2016, 03:31 AM
After my DNC i O at 18 days after (but i was on estrogen therapy to prevent scarring) and af returned on cd 32.

After my natural mc i didnt O at all. No +opk the whole time. Af arived on cd 36.

Pbn3
July 31st, 2016, 04:02 AM
Thanks ladies! It looks like af arrived now. Had a day of light bleeding followed by a day of medium and now today is like a usual cd1 for me. Here's hoping my cycle has kicked back in..... :)

purple
July 31st, 2016, 05:11 AM
That is great Pbn. Hopefully your cycles goes back to normal now :)

XXforhubby
July 31st, 2016, 08:40 AM
Yay!!! I'm hoping and praying that this is a much needed reset button for your cycles!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2016, 12:24 PM
Good luck PB!!! :heart:

momamia4
August 2nd, 2016, 01:45 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Pbn!! Like XX said, I hope this is a reset button for you and you get a healthy take home baby! :) <3 After my miscarriage last year, I O'd cd24 and then my period started on cd38. I have no idea what's going to happen with this miscarriage. Hopefully things move a little more quickly since I wasn't as far along as last time.

Pbn3
August 2nd, 2016, 05:35 PM
Thank you everyone :) I had my obs appt yesterday and she's given me a script for clomid plus told me to start taking vit d & cal, aspirin and prenatal daily. She doesn't believe the coq10 is helpful and that I can drop it. Can I take it till the bottle runs out if I'm taking the other things (mostly worried about coq10 and aspirin together?) Also I have to wait 3 cycles not including the miscarriage cycle so I wont be able to start trying until November. I'm ok with that though as it will give my body maximum recovery time from the d&c. I have loosely started eating le again. Well skipping breakfast but have 2-3 decafs with a dash of milk so not reeeeally skipping, 2-3 meals a day, I'm not tracking nutrition but am only eating meat (chicken) twice a week. I plan on doing the lightest pink sway but from memory vit d sways strongly blue? Also I'm pretty sure I'll be doing eod from cd8-18 as per obs advice and I know that sways blue too. I'm more about falling pregnant quickly with a sticky bean then gender but figure it can't hurt to have a few girl sway tactics 😉

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2016, 02:44 PM
What I would do is, since you're not TTC for 3 months anyway, take the supps as they tell you to for 6 weeks and then drop that back to 3x a week maintenance dose. That will give your body a chance to save up anything it's needing and then it will still register the decline in nutrients from cutting back on the supps.

There is NO reason for you to start aspirin now. Please don't. Wait till 3-4 weeks before you plan to TTC and then start with only 2 per week and gradually increase.

I would continue the coq till the bottle runs out but please start spacing doses now right away so you're kind of already weaning yourself off of them.

Clomid is very forgiving so even if you do choose to do eod then it will still be helping sway pink for you.

Pbn3
August 4th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Thank you so much Atomic! I'm glad you said that about the aspirin as even though its a very lose dose I was a bit nervous starting it so early so waiting awhile is music to my ears lol. I'll start cutting back on the coq10 now. Also great idea about the supps too after 6 weeks :) I know logically that vit d, cal and prenatal daily will not guarentee a viable pregnancy, I could have another mc regardless so dropping back to a maintenance level after 6 weeks makes sense to me. One last question if I may? Should I happen to get a bfp how soon do I stop taking the vit d & cal and if I'm only taking 3 x week can I just drop it or do I need to wean off? Also with the aspirin do I stop taking at bfp? I didn't get to ask this at my appt as I never even thought of it lol.

purple
August 4th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I'm pretty sure you would keep taking asprin for the first trimester as it helps prevent some types of loses. I know a friend of mine had to take it to stay pregnant.

Pbn3
August 4th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Thanks purple. Can I ask if you were taking vit d & cal, prenatal and aspirin prior to your bfp? Only asking because I know you had losses as well. After abit of thought I'll probably take the prenatal daily after all. I have to know I did everything I could if I end up with another loss. I know a prenatal won't prevent it from happening if its going to and I hate feeling 'brainwashed' that it's so important before ttc :(

purple
August 4th, 2016, 10:24 PM
I was only taking folic acid before my bfp and then started a pregnancy multi when I got the bfp.

I was taking pregnancy multis while ttc both boys and also when I had my miscarriage in between the two.

The metformin I am taking for pcos is supposed to help lower chances of a loss too but I was taking it last time. If there is something wrong with the baby then nothing can help unfortunately but you have to try everything you can to help.

Pbn3
August 4th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I'm already getting cold feet doing things differently to my obs advice....

I have to know in my own head that I did everything I could to conceive a healthy pregnancy so if things go badly I will feel less responsible. This is the very last chance for me. I'll either be pregnant with a healthy bean, miscarry or not be pregnant at all and so for the sake of sanity I'll do as my ob says but I will ease my way into the aspirin over the next six-eight weeks rather than jump straight in.

Atomic thank you very much for your input, I really do appreciate it. I would love to do things as you suggested as it makes perfect sense to me however I cant bring myself to have any 'what ifs?' floating around in my head. Hope this makes sense, not logically but emotionally. At this stage I'm more than happy with another boy if that's what bub will be (again if I'm lucky enough to get that far) then I will cherish him that much more for sticking :) in some ways I'm sad as I started this journey so long ago wanting a girl sooo bad and had my chance to sway to my heart out last year, plus I've learnt sooooo much from this site but mostly my journey has just clarified I want a 3rd healthy baby more than anything at all. I am definately not saying I think swaying pink is risky, not at all, I actually believe the le diet is a great healthy way to lose weight hence starting a loose version of it again. It's just that I've come to the end of the line so to speak and I need to know I did everything right in case things go wrong. I would love to have the time to sway properly again but I don't, so I will hope what I do is enough to lean slightly pink but I will never regret hearing otherwise which is a gift in itself. Can't believe how far I've come since our first initial contact Jan/Feb last year lol!! In any case wish me luck for later this year please and hope to post a bfp by Christmas!!! 💕💖💗

atomic sagebrush
August 7th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I would keep taking the Vit. D. Data indicates that the DRV for D is probably too low. Calcium at your discretion. The data is very mixed on calcium and health. I took it with my boys when I was preggo with them, but that was 7/9 years ago and newer evidence is kind of making me wonder about calcium and if it's even good to be taking it via supps.

I would still wean off even if taking 3x a week just to err on the side of caution.

You need to talk to your doc about when to come off the aspirin. It's different when it's being prescribed for you rather than just taking it for swaying - some people take it for the first tri and then others take it up to 36 weeks. The important thing is to wean off it whenever you stop, even when your doc is like "eh that's not necessary" trust me it IS necessary!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
August 7th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Here is the thing, though, guys. I get that I am out here in Internetzland and I'm not a doctor. There are things that doctors know way more than me about and then there's things they have people do just cuz it looks like they are doing something. The only thing ever proven to prevent issues with pregnancy when taken before is folic acid. During pregnancy, iron helps. Maybe Vit. D during pregnancy. Nothing else. The facts indicate that it is fine to start a prenatal at BFP and taking them 3x a week is really gonna give you everything you need anyway.

Taking vitamins is kind of an experiment to be honest - no one really truly knows if they are safe. People report higher rates of death taking vitamins than not taking them. The autism and food allergy epidemics have started subsequent to everyone taking prenatals and yet people do still have losses all the time while taking them (trust me on every miscarriage board out there, every person on there is taking prenatals but they still have losses). None of these things have even really been studied adequately. The doctors come off like they have these huge bodies of data to back up what they say but they really don't. It's just what they tell people to look like they are doing something. Charles Lockwood, head of OBGYN at Yale-New Haven Hospital says it is not clear that they have any benefit taken DURING pregnancy, let alone before. Williams Obstetrics, which is THE reference book for all OBGYN out there, in the latest edition, says that the evidence for prenatal vitamins DURING pregnancy is "quite meager", again, let alone beforehand.

I am fine with you guys taking the supps if you feel like you need to. I did when I TTC my 4th son, I just didn't feel good about not taking them, so I took them. It is totally at your discretion, I just want you to have the facts going in because prenatals before conception are a "magic feather" - they are something that make you feel like you're doing something when you really aren't and they may have risks that we don't even know about yet.

atomic sagebrush
August 7th, 2016, 11:44 AM
^^ Well, their loved ones report higher rates of death!! I guess no one is reporting their own death. :p