PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Announcements....

DoulaMama
September 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Well, the deed is done.... I announced my pregnancy on Facebook...LOL!

We bought a van this summer although not many people know that of course, so I just updated with, "Thank goodness we bought a van;)"

We'll see who gets it.....

What about you...what ways have you announced the pregnancy on Facebook, or to parents etc?

zanacal
September 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oooh, I'll have to look!

princesssarah34
September 27th, 2011, 01:17 PM
DM....I totally announced it on FB too yesterday!! I just came out and said it...and then explained that fact that the Dr. thinks I am farther along etc. They all were very happy for us!

Glittergirl
September 29th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I recently announced on FB too. I posted a pic of my youngest wearing a shirt he made that said Big Brother and he was holding a pic of the US. Lots of people were shocked....didn't know we were going for a 4th and that I was already almost 4 months along.

dannikins
September 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM
i havent announced this one yet, but my last one i just put up "i know something you dont know" a few people guessed right away, not sure what ill do this time, might just pop a pic of the pregnancy test up.

shouldihope?
September 29th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Pic of pregnancy test this time.

dannikins
September 29th, 2011, 08:08 PM
either that or just put a pregnancy ticker on my page and see how long it takes them all to figure it out...lol

Out of the Blue
September 29th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Someone needs to hold a jar of Prego (a brand of pasta sauce in the U.S.) and post it on FB. I think that would be funny! I haven't announced yet. Not sure what I'll do yet...

DoulaMama
September 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
My girlfriend turned the light on in the oven, put a bun inside it, and took a pic from the outside of the oven:) It was super cute! My status with #3 was " _______ is barefoot and .......

The prego idea is really cute!

DoulaMama
September 29th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hey Blue...totally off topic.....but I dreamt about you last night. You were wearing a t-shirt with your avatar pic on it(the stork) so I knew it was you. You were getting an u/s done and you were told it was a girl:) It was the weirdest thing to dream about an online friend!!! And then in my dream I woke up and logged on to find that you have posted about finally getting your girl! I really hope my dream comes true, Blue!!!

Out of the Blue
September 29th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hey Blue...totally off topic.....but I dreamt about you last night. You were wearing a t-shirt with your avatar pic on it(the stork) so I knew it was you. You were getting an u/s done and you were told it was a girl:) It was the weirdest thing to dream about an online friend!!! And then in my dream I woke up and logged on to find that you have posted about finally getting your girl! I really hope my dream comes true, Blue!!!

Awwwww, Doula, Now you've done it... You're making me cry, lol, sniff, sniff..I've been having a really rough GD day so that is so sweet and came at a perfect time! :HH: I wish we could all get our DG kiddos, whether we're hoping for pink or blue. Maybe I'll have a dream about your sweet girl tonight...:cheer:

Mochagirl
October 13th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Hey ladies - I know this is an old thread, but I just came upon it now. In the past I've always made the big FB announcement at about the 12 week mark. This time, I think I'm going to wait longer. I just don't think I'll be able to stomach all the 'It had better be a girl!' comments when I still don't know what I'm having. I think I'm going to wait until I know the gender, then make an announcement about my kids getting a little brother or sister so I can stave off all those comments. I'll tell everyone who knows me in real life earlier, of course - I already look 6 months pregnant at times with all the bloating, so I won't be able to hide it much longer!