PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we dtd twice in fertile time?

Sophiadreamingpink
August 2nd, 2016, 07:50 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160802/f123f3c5e85a9a6eef3ad188c2ec751d.png

Hi ladies...

I was reading about frequency and saw that it's best to dtd only once in fertile window.
We did it twice in the window according to my Ovia app.
Not looking good?
Hope the picture works ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girlieplease
August 2nd, 2016, 09:09 AM
The second attempt may be too late, therefore, you might still be in with one attempt if you know what I mean. I DTD on Saturday morning early hours and think I o' ed somewhere between Sunday or Monday. We DTD the early hours of this morning but as it takes the sperm a while to decapiate ( not sure that is right spelling) I think the egg was already gone. So although my monitor is still reading high fertility I think am not iyswim. Leaving one attempt. However, if am wrong about ovulation and ovulated later, the attempt this morning counts but the one on Saturday morning won't then ( I think). Hope someone else comments but that is my 2 cents worth! Good luck and fingers crossed x

Sophiadreamingpink
August 2nd, 2016, 09:48 AM
Thank you Hun.

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2016, 09:54 AM
2 attempts has not been that much lower than one, and that is a VERY generous fertile window. Most people are really truly only fertile for about 3 days meaning that one of those attempts was either too early or too late.

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2016, 09:55 AM
What sperm do when they lose their little protective nutrient cap is "capacitate". :) :pinksperm: :bluesperm:

Sophiadreamingpink
August 2nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
I see! I think the window is so long because the app seems to add a day every time I get a positive Opk and I had two in a row before it went negative.

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2016, 10:53 AM
Either way, no matter what, I believe that depending on when you Oed either one of them was too early (all sperm from the 25th would have died before egg showed up) or too late (meaning if you Oed earlier, the egg would have either been fertilized or dead by the time the attempt on the 29th occured)

Sophiadreamingpink
August 2nd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Thanks atomic sagebrush. So perhaps I may have had 1 attempt after all, or none at all if both are either too early or too late! Lol.
Next month I will do one attempt at positive ov test and forget cut offs/ 0+12 altogether.
Thank you :)

Sophiadreamingpink
August 8th, 2016, 07:31 AM
So.... I'm pregnant! One of those attempts worked. I really hope my attempts didn't count as two :(

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Even if it did, the odds are not that much lower with 2.

Wishing you the very best of luck and sending tons of pink!

Sophiadreamingpink
August 10th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I suppose the BD sequence that week was actually every 4 days which I've read is good to do :)

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Yes, I think you guys had a nice attempt there. I would not have any regrets about that. Good luck and pink dust.

Sophiadreamingpink
August 12th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Thank you atomic. I will come back to report when I find out what I am having :)

Sophiadreamingpink
August 21st, 2016, 04:42 PM
Sorry to bring this post up again but just a quick one..

I forgot to mention that I got a smiley on Opk both Wednesday and Thursday. Do you still reckon I had an OK attempt after looking at the apps calendar?

I'm actually not stressing too much as we would like 3 children and this will be my second, I just wondered your thoughts!

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2016, 01:45 PM
Sophia, I can't tell you if you're having a boy or a girl based on the number of attempts you've had. I can't even tell you the number of attempts you had! Even if I were able to somehow psychically know when you Oed in relation to your BD attempts it would be irrelevant because people do still get girls with 3 attempts and boys with one. It's just an overall trend and not a magic bullet.

Huge congrats on your pregnancy and sending you all my pink dust.

Sophiadreamingpink
August 22nd, 2016, 05:32 PM
Ok, thanks atomic sagebrush.

I was hoping that as I got first positive on Wednesday that by Friday the egg may have already been fertilised by Monday night leaving one attempt.

Thanks for your pink dust :)

Your daughter is adorable by the way, lovely profile picture.

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Right, but no one can know what really happened and since it's a done deal, I just think hashing over it any more is just spinning your own wheels. :)

thank you so much!!