PDA

View Full Version : How do you know you are done!

djmommy
August 2nd, 2016, 05:31 PM
Hi ladies!!

I feel like a total crazy person, but I can't help but think that I would love to have another baby!! LOL My sweet girl is only 6 weeks old but I would love for her to have a sibling or even a sister. She has two older brothers but not so close in age....well 6.5 and 4 years. I just turned 40 and it took two years to conceive this one so I may not even be able to get pregnant but I would really love to have more!! I am sure my DH would not agree right now but would welcome it if it happened. Or maybe I am just hormonal and crazy!! Feel free to share any thoughts if you have any!

XXforhubby
August 2nd, 2016, 05:37 PM
Well I'm a total crazy person and am TTCing right now for baby #4! I feel the same way for my DS3- I'd love for him to have a sibling closer to his age. My two older boys are best friends and I want the same for him too. I'm swaying for a girl, but I would be equally happy with another sweet boy [emoji4]!

Good to hear from you DJ! See ya around [emoji6]!!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

BunnyGirl19
August 2nd, 2016, 08:10 PM
We were supposed to be done with the twins, but I feel like I want another still. DH says no more. I'm not sure how we'll work it out.

Georgia_Peach
August 2nd, 2016, 09:44 PM
So I am in same boat! I have 3 and am going to try and conceive in sept/ Oct this year for our 4th. Sometimes I question myself bc the dynamics right now is amazing. All the kids get along great. But I want a sibling for my daughter like my older boys.
My husband originally wanted 3 too buy now is on board with 4!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

trifecta
August 3rd, 2016, 01:40 AM
I know some lucky people have a clear feeling of being done but I think it's also very normal to always want more children on some level.

Pbn3
August 3rd, 2016, 05:04 AM
Djmommy in my experience ttc since June last year I started all gung-ho (not sure if that's an actual word lol) but I was biting at the bit. By December I just wanted to get pregnant and did (miscarriage no 1). I jumped back in straight away as it was an early miscarriage and didn't fall pregnant again until May this year and I tried my best not swaying to do so (ended in miscarriage no 2 10 weeks later). When I fell pregnant the second time I had totally given up and moved on, accepted there wouldn't be a 3rd baby and had found what I thought was complete peace with it. However after my (miracle) 2nd pregnancy all those wants and desires for a third baby came back almost overwhelmingly and now I'm biting at the bit again waiting for November to roll around so I can try again. I'm 38 years young lol but if you still feel strongly in months to come about one more I personally wouldn't waste time and just get to it as unfortunately time is not on our side. Not saying and God forbid that you'll have any issues, but better try sooner than later especially if those feelings become overwhelming. I'd start feeling your dh out about the idea even to see if its a consideration. Hope this helps and huge congrats on your newest addition :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

djmommy
August 3rd, 2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all of your thoughts ladies...i really appreciate it. I have more to say so I'll be back. Xoxo

djmommy
August 4th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Yea, so I spoke with DH and he looked at me crazy when I asked him if he was sure he was done! But that is what he said after we had 2...LOL..He said I don't want to be 60 changing diapers!! HA HA! We are definitely not youngish but I don't feel done either. Maybe I never will. I don't know. But I do know lots of women who feel like they are definitely done!! I am nursing and plan on it fr as long as my little wants so that will probably prevent it. Well see how things go. Thanks for all of the feedback ladies!!

djmommy
August 4th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Djmommy in my experience ttc since June last year I started all gung-ho (not sure if that's an actual word lol) but I was biting at the bit. By December I just wanted to get pregnant and did (miscarriage no 1). I jumped back in straight away as it was an early miscarriage and didn't fall pregnant again until May this year and I tried my best not swaying to do so (ended in miscarriage no 2 10 weeks later). When I fell pregnant the second time I had totally given up and moved on, accepted there wouldn't be a 3rd baby and had found what I thought was complete peace with it. However after my (miracle) 2nd pregnancy all those wants and desires for a third baby came back almost overwhelmingly and now I'm biting at the bit again waiting for November to roll around so I can try again. I'm 38 years young lol but if you still feel strongly in months to come about one more I personally wouldn't waste time and just get to it as unfortunately time is not on our side. Not saying and God forbid that you'll have any issues, but better try sooner than later especially if those feelings become overwhelming. I'd start feeling your dh out about the idea even to see if its a consideration. Hope this helps and huge congrats on your newest addition :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Thank you PBN. I am so very sorry about your losses. It is really so unfair. I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers and keep the faith, it will happen. Just don't give up. I know how hard this whole process is and I am sure losses make it harder but that sweet baby in the end makes everything worthwhile. Hugs and prayers! XOXO

djmommy
August 4th, 2016, 12:45 PM
XX that is soooo exciting for you!! I'll be praying and following too!! How old is your little one now? Can't believe how fast the time goes!

XXforhubby
August 4th, 2016, 01:36 PM
My DS3 is 8.5mo now! I can't believe how big he's getting. It makes me happy sad, hahaha!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2016, 01:42 PM
I know that in a different world I would have wanted another baby to hopefully give DD a sister. That could not have happened for a variety of reasons, age, money, health, children's well-being, my sanity, my husband's sanity, etc. I try not to think about it that much and focus instead on the positives of it, which is that it is nice for Suzy and I to be a "team" of girls and that she does get to have the special "one girl only" position and of course is the uber-spoiled Daddy's girl as well. It would take even more time away from the time I get to spend with her. I'm ok with it. Much more ok than I would have ever thought I would be (because I never had a real sister growing up and always wanted one). I think it's to some extent a decision to focus on NOT how sad it is not to have a sister, but how awesome it is otherwise, if that makes sense.

1moregirl
August 7th, 2016, 08:24 PM
You put that soooo well Atomic. I am thinking that as well. If I don't get to have another girl, or another baby at all (which could well be the case), at least our one little girl has me and we are a girl team and can have quality girl's time together just her and I which I love the idea of. Plus she is very much a Daddy's girl as well. I guess I was stuck on the idea of giving her a sister for so long because I only ever had sisters (not that I'm that close to all 3 of them) and her big brother can be a bit of a bully to her. Now, I'm just thankful and blessed that God gave us at least one girl...since I've been on this website and seen other mums who have 4 or more boys and no little girls at all it has made me realise how lucky I am and that life is way too short to dwell on what we haven't got. I'm now just appreciating what we have got and if another last baby is not on the cards for me, then I will be fine with that.

djmommy
August 10th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Good thoughts Atomic!! I honestly just love being pregnant and love babies so it always makes me want more and more HA HA!! But considering the fact that I am 40 and I plan to breastfeed for at LEAST a year it probably isn't in the cards for me. I can definitely be happy with the fact the my girl will be the only girl and we will have that special bond. I never ever had that with my sister so who is to say that if I did ever have another baby girl the same thing wouldn't happen. I am already feeling a bit guilty that I don't have all the time I used to, to spend with my boys. It has been a tough transition mentally, especially for my youngest. In a perfect world....if I were younger.....had a maid and a chef....and lots of money!! LOL!!! I would welcome another if it happened but I dont see us TTC at all....I guess also knowing this chapter of my life may be closing..it makes me sad.