PDA

View Full Version : Winter 2016

jsophia922
August 3rd, 2016, 07:32 AM
Anyone else planning to ttc this autumn/winter?

I'll be swaying pink for at least the next 12 weeks before (hopefully) making an attempt in late October/early November this year. I say hopefully because I'm still nursing my 15-month old and my cycles haven't returned. If I'm lucky they'll return sometime in the next 12 weeks.

I did sway blue for my son, and am proof that it works! Hoping for a girl this time around.

Which way are you swaying?

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2016, 03:39 PM
bump!

Serenity
August 4th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Hi jsophia! :wave:

I'm on the LE diet and doing daily cardio right now. My DH and I are still talking it over, but we might have our first attempt in September.

We have two boys and will be swaying for a girl. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up too much about that, but I am excited about the possibility of another baby!! :bigsmile:

Wantanother2017
August 5th, 2016, 12:04 AM
Me! I initially thought we'd start TTC in July but long story short we are going to start in November at the latest. So ready to have my life back already with this swaying business. I'm a boy swayer by nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pbn3
August 5th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Me too! I'll be back ttc November (hoping to actually o last days of October though). I'm doing the lightest of girl sways, just be le diet (loosely) and clomid (by prescription) but the supps and bd timing will be blue friendly. I really don't mind either way I just hope to miraculously catch the egg within 2 cycles lol. Have been ttc since June last year so I'm more than ready for a sticky bean! Will be nice to know each other a little before joining the 2ww threads :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
August 7th, 2016, 12:10 PM
who else is out there who needs a sway buddy!! Lots of new members this last month!!

ahorn586
August 8th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Hi! Nice to meet everyone! I'm currently swaying girl I already have 2 boys. I'm starting to get nervous but I will accept whatever gender God gives us. I've been swaying since July 5th and the hardest thing for me has been no snacking and cardio. Last week I did 4 days of cardio. I know I have to do at least 5 days but I'm aiming for 6 though. I just find it really hard to workout on the weekends but I know I have to give it my all so I can say at least I tried YKWIM... We plan on having our first attempt in either October or November.

jsophia922
August 9th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Hi! Nice to meet everyone! I'm currently swaying girl I already have 2 boys. I'm starting to get nervous but I will accept whatever gender God gives us. I've been swaying since July 5th and the hardest thing for me has been no snacking and cardio. Last week I did 4 days of cardio. I know I have to do at least 5 days but I'm aiming for 6 though. I just find it really hard to workout on the weekends but I know I have to give it my all so I can say at least I tried YKWIM... We plan on having our first attempt in either October or November.

The hardest thing for me is also to stop snacking. Ithe has been a difficult transition, but gets a little easier everyday. I keep telling myself it's such a short part of my life and if it ups my chances of having a dd, I can push through it!

ahorn586
August 9th, 2016, 04:12 PM
That's exactly how I feel jsophia. I'm swaying and praying :pray:

dreaming88
August 14th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Count me in too:) DH and I are already parents to 3 sweet girls, ages 4, 2, and 12 months. We are planning on starting to TTC in October for baby #4! We would love to add a little boy to our family ( although another girl would be fun too!). I am doing the HE diet, exercising several times a week, and DH and I both started some supplements. Is anyone here hypothryoid, taking levothyroxine/synthroid? I developed postpartum thyroiditis after my last pregnancy, and my doctor put me on 50 mcg of levothyroxine last week because apparently my TSH was not optimal for pregnancy/ttc. I'm getting my levels re-checked in 6 weeks, fx everything looks good.

jsophia922
August 15th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Count me in too:) DH and I are already parents to 3 sweet girls, ages 4, 2, and 12 months. We are planning on starting to TTC in October for baby #4! We would love to add a little boy to our family ( although another girl would be fun too!). I am doing the HE diet, exercising several times a week, and DH and I both started some supplements. Is anyone here hypothryoid, taking levothyroxine/synthroid? I developed postpartum thyroiditis after my last pregnancy, and my doctor put me on 50 mcg of levothyroxine last week because apparently my TSH was not optimal for pregnancy/ttc. I'm getting my levels re-checked in 6 weeks, fx everything looks good.

Welcome to our little group! I hope you guys get your boy- they really are so much fun. I don't have any experience with the condition you have, but hopefully someone here does. I hope everything is alright and you can keep the levels at a good place for TTC. That sounds stressful!

jsophia922
August 15th, 2016, 09:22 AM
How is everyone doing? This is my first day of week 2 and I surprisingly feel wonderful. I am a typical boy mom and had a really rough time not eating breakfast and cutting out snacks. Not to mention going vegetarian (will start official LE when I get the meal plan sorted out, but am doing my best and just not eating any meat until then). But now that I'm on a roll, I can't believe how good I feel. Everyone talks about how much the diet sucks, but it's having the opposite effect on me lol, at least so far. I am walking almost everyday (I missed two days this week because of long work days) and taking my supplements and drinking ocoffee. Feeling confident!

Serenity
August 16th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Hi jsophia,

It's awesome that you are feeling great! :happy:

I am doing OK. I've been sticking to the diet pretty well and I've started to get serious about exercise, which is great because it helps me feel a bit better.

I had a big talk with DH yesterday and it looks like we will be going ahead with TTC. He's such a sweetheart. :awe: He never really wanted a lot of kids, and he considers 3 kids to be a really big family, so this is an amazing gift that he is giving me. I was surprised at my reaction, though...I am happy about the prospect of another baby, but I think I'm really scared of GD. I've been thinking it through, though, and I'm sure that adoption or HT are not good options for our family. Both are just too logistically and emotionally complex for my taste.

So I'm continuing to sway. Glad to have company along the way. :happy:

dreaming88
August 16th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Thanks, jsophia922! Glad to be joining you guys here and to have some ttc buddies! Yes it has been a bit stressful, especially because my previous pregnancies have been uneventful. But I'm really glad that I'm finally being put on meds, and my obgyn was optimistic that my numbers will be within range by the time we start ttc(I'm currently at a 2.88, and it needs to be 1-2), so that helps:) I see you are swaying for pink, that's exciting!

dreaming88
August 16th, 2016, 01:04 AM
So glad you ladies are feeling good and that the diet is going well so far! Do you guys normally exercise? I didn't prior to this ttc season, now I walk several times a week and I'm enjoying it a lot. I think so much of it, for me at least, is about just settling into a new routine and getting used to it, but once that happens it not as stressful as the actual prospect of it. I'm doing the HE diet and right now focusing on making sure I include quality protein with my snacks especially...so I'm eating more nuts ( my new favorite snack is walnuts and a piece of dark chocolate!), and also more fresh fruit and veggies. It's been easier to include a variety of fruit especially since so much is in season right now/on sale.

I was wondering for those with (all) boys, what is your Dh's lifestyle ( eating habits, exercise, alcohol) like? And is your DH on board with swaying etc?

ahorn586
August 16th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone! I'm glad so many are feeling confident with with the diet. I was at first but then I stopped losing weight the little bit of weight that I was losing so I talked to atomic and she suggesting limiting my carbs so now I'm doing a limited/low carb LE diet...it was tough trying to figure it out but now that I have my meal plans done I'm pretty confident that I can do it. I've completely cut out pasta (sighs--I love pasta) and now focusing on getting carbs from other sources. I've just got to get back on my exercise...I was going to work out last night but I had the worst cramps that I've had in years! I've got to do it tonight and the rest of the week!! I'm even thinking of pushing my attempt back from Oct to Nov...IDK I'll see how I feel later on...

@Dreaming I have 2 boys and DH eats whatever I cook and I haven't eaten pork or beef in the last 16 years so unless he had a burger or something for lunch or steak on date night his red meat intake was very limited. When we conceived our boys he wasn't working out too much maybe lifting weights occasionally and no alcohol. We are not big drinkers but we have started incorporating it in our sway.

I just want to wish everyone the best of luck with their sway and TTC!!!

A Mad Swayentist
August 22nd, 2016, 09:08 PM
OK, I feel really silly because I only seem to go on GenderDreaming three times a month, and I've been waiting to meet my sway buddies, well, since last YEAR (I joined this site in 2015, what?!), and somehow I totally missed this thread. So yes! Me too! I'll be swaying lightly officially in October, been full on-veggie and skipping breakfast since June, only taking folic acid, a weekly smidgen of iron (history of low iron stores), and in the spirit of experimenting on myself, low-dose Ubiquinol 4x/week (50mg Sunday AM, Monday night, and Weds & Fri evenings)(it improves egg quality, and is theorized to sway boy on this site; I'm curious if it has a significant impact since I am swaying girl and taking such a low dose). I lost some weight with the switch to full veggie plus skipping breakfast, but have stabilized around the 133-136 lb mark for the last two months, and honestly life is easier not thinking about breakfast. :) I've started walking to work again this week, with a change in my route home to make sure I get 60 minutes of continuous cardio; aside from that I'm not worrying about exercise. And now (TMI warning) I'm on my third cycle tracking BBT, and super pumped that last cycle looked boringly normal: 14 day follicular phase followed by 14 day luteal, with no early spotting (my period nemesis, arg) and probably the easiest period of my life. The previous cycle I also had temp shift on day 14 (so also probably O'ed day 13) but luteal phase was only 9 days with a major temp drop two days before my period, so maybe crappy progesterone that round. Who knows? Anyway, hoping these trends continue until October. Since this is #1 for us, our fertility is a complete mystery.

Best of luck to everyone! I hope we all get to meet the best babies this time next year!

A Mad Swayentist
August 22nd, 2016, 09:29 PM
For dreaming88: I think that's awesome that you're loving walking! If you can find a way to incorporate weights in on alternate days, even just short bodyweight circuits, I think that would sound great for a boy sway! Don't walk TOO much - make sure you limit the intensity and keep the frequency around 3-4 days/week; shorter more frequent bouts is probably best, although walking is probably the most blue-friendly cardio. From what I read here, it sounds like exercise + adequate muscle rest sways more boy (especially muscle/bone-building exercises like weight lifting), while higher intensity exercise with less rest between bouts (especially high-impact cardio for 1 hr or more, 5-7x/week), sways more girl. Think like a weight lifter when you plan your exercise: if you read what weight-lifting coaches say, they all recommend doing 2-3x/week, because the rest in between is really important for actually being able to grow those muscle fibers (and keep you from getting sore, oof).

A Mad Swayentist
August 22nd, 2016, 09:43 PM
JSophia, I'm so inspired that your boy sway worked! Here's hoping pink isn't too much harder. Personally I'm fine with the diet (though I'm not strictly LE, just veggie-skipping-breakfast and avoiding snacking), but the exercise...not feeling it. I tried jogging a couple times last week and then decided nuts to this, I'm just going to walk. Now I'm walking a more intense route home from work for 60 minutes 5x/week, maybe doing an hour bike ride on my day off of work, but that's it.

Bommy_7
August 24th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Hello everyone. I have been pushing off our sway for a while now. Life has been crazy so we have and to postpone our sway till December. We have two lovely girls 2 and almost 4 and hope to add a bit of blue in the future. I am going to start the diet next week so we can have a good base before we start our sway. I will admit I am getting a bit overwhelmed with everything. I love to run so I am backing that off to 3 days a week and will try to incorporate muscle building routine 2 days a week does that sound good to you guys? Good luck to you all!

A Mad Swayentist
September 9th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Hi Bommy - Weights twice a week and running 3x/week sounds perfect. I'm thinking a good way to tell if it's working is if you're gaining weight (especially in the form of more muscle). I think Atomic says running is fine, as long as you are not doing it too long (aim for 30 minutes or less each run 1-2x.day, 1-3 days a week). My understanding of "pink vs. blue" cardio is that shorter, high-intensity bursts of exercise sway blue...even if you do them multiple times a day!

For muscle building I personally love the "Power of Ten" and "Body By Science" books, which explain why rest is so important in weight training. If you don't have a gym consider bodyweight exercises - you can modify most of the "Big 5" mentioned in "Body By Science" to begin gaining. I also recently stumbled across the "From Bony To Bombshell" program for gaining/toning muscle which intrigues me. (Full disclosure: I miss weight training! I may restart a bodyweight program myself just because I never got QUITE strong enough to do a pullup...one of my lifelong goals.)

Debahlgrim
September 11th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Hi ladies!! I'm new here and I just signed up for a personal plan! I didn't want to have any regrets. I lost a lot of weight and exercised a lot before I conceived my first-DD. Then I wasn't exercising at all and eating a lot and had two beautiful boys. So this sway stuff totally makes sense to me and I absolutely believe it! Hubby finally agreed to baby #4! Hoping for a little girl to even out our family. I have been on weight watchers and lost 12lbs since June. I just started the cardio 3 days ago. I wish I was swaying for blue haha. This is definitely a challenge but I'm up for it!! I'm nervously awaiting my plan and hoping I don't have to cut out meat and I'm also hoping atomic suggests we can start TTC soon since I have been dieting a while. I'm trying to convince DH to run a lot but... He is resistant. There's a chance he will bike a lot since he bikes already. I just want to do everything right! Trying not to stress about it! Stress is bad for swaying pink right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Mad Swayentist
September 17th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Hi Debahlgrim! Sounds like your sway is off to a perfect start. I think biking for DH is also good for pink. Does he ride for work or just for fun? If he rides as a means of transport to/from work maybe if there's a trail near his work or your home where he can do a few extra miles every day before coming home. From my reading of the archives it's hard to say if stress itself is good or bad for pink; I think it's more the reaction to stress that you have and the personality that you have - do you become more obsessive and controlling and get continuously freaked out about the things outside of your control, or do you choose to let go progressively of those emotions and try and shrug off compounding stresses? Actually that's a good question for Atomic - since she's been on here so long and seen so much, her opinion continues to evolve on these things.

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Ladies I just wanted to remind everyone that it's tough for me to keep up with these support group threads, so when you have a question for me please post it in the forums instead! Thank you!

Samantha01
September 20th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Hi atomic,
We will be trying to concieve in December. It's our first, but I really,want a baby girl. Can you suggest the best package/custum sway for me to purchase?

Thank you!

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2016, 08:19 PM
9 times out of 10 I will NOT see questions in the support threads so please guys just start a new thread as I will see those.

Anything that is marked "custom" or "personalized" plan is what you want. If you want to add on the diet and OPK book that is up to you. Just get the custom/personalized plan (they are the same thing) and you'll get that plus the coaching.