PDA

View Full Version : Prego w 3rd baby and anxiously awaiting IVF

Giselle2016
August 5th, 2016, 09:56 PM
I have 3 months and a few days before I deliver my 3rd baby boy via csection but am finding myself constantly thinking about having my IVF for a girl instead of concentrating on this new baby to come. I feel like all the odds are staked against me.

First off, I have 3 months to go. Seems like a lifetime!
Secondly, I will be having a csection, not by choice but because I had csection with first two cause I never dialated to 10 inches cause baby was in posterior position and wouldn't fall down all the way and hospital here doesn't do natural birth after 2 csections. It takes longer to heal and they say u should wait 1.5 hrs before getting prego again but I think I'll wait like 8 months.
Thirdly, with both my sons I had a lot of breastmilk for like 10 months. Even when I felt I wanted to wean them off, milk just came out. Even after weaning them off, I still had milk for over a ur after, not enough to feed them but when I pressed my nipples it would come out.
So to wait for my csection to heal, breastfeed for about 6 months and then wait for my period to return, then wait till I have at least two periods so my protests come out better, it would be close to a ur after birth and I'll turn 39 by then and we all know that by 39, IVF results are not that great.
To top that all off, I feel my husbands sperm is probably made of more y sperm cause I tried to sway and failed and now have 3 boys so I'm scared I won't have even 1 girl embryo by end of pgd to even try to implant.
And then there is the financial side! What if it doesn't work and we spend all that money, will I be willing to go to south Cali and do it all over again? I'm in Bay Area and I'm sure there are good clinics here too but soooooo much more expensive! And traveling with hubby and 3 boys would be crazy too! I have No one to watch them so last night I was constantly thinking about how hubby would do the sperm output (sorry don't know how to say that) while they do the egg retrieval, who would watch our kids in hotel? Omg so much to think about!!!!!!! And since gender selection is kinda a taboo amongst others, I can't tell anyone about it either....

BrightSky
August 6th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Hi giselle2016, I think these are all natural concerns to be having, I also think you are not alone with your thoughts turning to IVF even though you feel you should be concentrating on the new baby, a lot of ppl (including myself) are in this boat, I think it is a way to cope and accept your newest addition.
I have the exact same fear about my husband (although I know it's unfounded) I am scared he will only produce XY embryos and the expense will be massive for us coming from Australia. On the plus side, u are already in the US. This site is a wealth of information and support, there are many ladies here who have gone through the process with kids in tow, so hopefully they have some suggestions for u when the time comes.
I swear time seems to go backwards when pregnant and then speeds up tenfold once the baby arrives!!! U will enjoy your little one when they come, my husband is the youngest of 3 boys and the apple of his mothers eye.

Giselle2016
August 6th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Hi giselle2016, I think these are all natural concerns to be having, I also think you are not alone with your thoughts turning to IVF even though you feel you should be concentrating on the new baby, a lot of ppl (including myself) are in this boat, I think it is a way to cope and accept your newest addition.
I have the exact same fear about my husband (although I know it's unfounded) I am scared he will only produce XY embryos and the expense will be massive for us coming from Australia. On the plus side, u are already in the US. This site is a wealth of information and support, there are many ladies here who have gone through the process with kids in tow, so hopefully they have some suggestions for u when the time comes.
I swear time seems to go backwards when pregnant and then speeds up tenfold once the baby arrives!!! U will enjoy your little one when they come, my husband is the youngest of 3 boys and the apple of his mothers eye.

Thank u! Yes the support and information on this site is unbelievable! To know that there are others out there going through the same thing (although the I probably should wish there weren't) and somehow there are possible solutions.... Yes I have to say, I kept thinking man, I have it bad and live far away (it's an 8 Hr drive) but hearing from people who fly here from uk and Australia makes me feel I do have it made. Initially when I read postings I was planning on flying to genisis, yes from us to genisis, but as I read all the info and postings, I realized I can just go here. Anyhow, thanks for ur reply and support and hope all works out for u as well! Have u cycled before or are u prego now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrightSky
August 6th, 2016, 03:27 AM
You are right, it is comforting to know there are others in the same boat and u are not alone in these feelings! And u are very lucky to be in the US, there is talk of it being allowed in Australia soon for the third or more child, but it's probably still a long way off, but it would make life so much easier, not to mention affordable, for us Aussie ladies!
I'm currently pregnant due in August. I never got an official gender confirmation, but am almost certain from my scans it is my second boy. I will probably look at going next year, but scared about having babies close together, mainly getting though the toddler stage :worry:

Babygirlquest
August 6th, 2016, 09:46 AM

Giselle2016
August 6th, 2016, 11:28 AM
You are right, it is comforting to know there are others in the same boat and u are not alone in these feelings! And u are very lucky to be in the US, there is talk of it being allowed in Australia soon for the third or more child, but it's probably still a long way off, but it would make life so much easier, not to mention affordable, for us Aussie ladies!
I'm currently pregnant due in August. I never got an official gender confirmation, but am almost certain from my scans it is my second boy. I will probably look at going next year, but scared about having babies close together, mainly getting though the toddler stage :worry:

I pray it becomes legal for u guys in Australia. Congrats on ur pregnancy. It's August already! What day are u due?! Omg that's exciting. I'm due with my 3rd boy in Nov and am excited about that, just keep thinking about also wanting a girl, and scary thing is I want 2 girls so the one doesn't feel alone.

Giselle2016
August 6th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Your husband could watch the boys while you have egg collection? That's what I did when we went to genesis. In fact he didn't even need to leave his sample in the clinic there and then, I brought the sample with me. It is a very daunting journey but having gone through it, it was not as stressful as I would have feared initially.

Yeah I have to discuss that at my phone conference that I eventually should do. I read that while they do the retrieval, the husband is usually preferred to be at the facility trying to leave a sample of his sperm so it is fresh. That's what concerned me, if we r both there, who would take care of my 3 children, one of which would be a baby under 1 yrs old by then.

BrightSky
August 7th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Due 20th :) hopefully comes earlier as I'm very uncomfortable now!! I would be happy with just one, they can hang out with their cousins :) although twins would be great, my husband would freak!!

I pray it becomes legal for u guys in Australia. Congrats on ur pregnancy. It's August already! What day are u due?! Omg that's exciting. I'm due with my 3rd boy in Nov and am excited about that, just keep thinking about also wanting a girl, and scary thing is I want 2 girls so the one doesn't feel alone.

Mamablues1
September 25th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Hi there!! When i was pregnant i was just like you, counting the days till my ivf, but with my big belly! My advice, enjoy this time and the first few months of your baby. My baby is 9 mo and i just re ently became obssesed again. Im not going to lie, i kept thinking bout it, but.. Not like now. Good luck!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

subban
September 25th, 2016, 11:46 PM
Hi Giselle, no worries with your DH being able get his sample, a lot of ladies travel with their kids. When we cycled, I arrived the morning of my retrieval with my DH' sample that he had "prepared " at the hotel. As long as they have it within the hour it is collected it's fine. Try to enjoy your pregnancy and 3rd little man, so you dont have any regrets.

3 beautiful DS [emoji970](9) [emoji970](7)[emoji969](4) and our HRC HT DD [emoji166](2016)

Blueplease
September 26th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Hello. Please sit back and enjoy the lead up to your gorgeous boys birth.

Firstly I travelled with my husband and three daughters from Australia aged 8,6 and 2. Don't worry about who will look after your boys whilst your husband has to do his output. I took our girls for breakfast in the hotel whilst he did it then we headed to HRC for ER where he looked after them.

I was 38 when we went and will be 6 weeks off 39 when I deliver our so in a couple of weeks.

After having three girls you do thing about your husbands sleep but I got 4 embryos of which 3 were male . So you just don't know.

All the best with this pregnancy and good luck if and when you decide on the HT journey

Giselle2016
September 26th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Hi there!! When i was pregnant i was just like you, counting the days till my ivf, but with my big belly! My advice, enjoy this time and the first few months of your baby. My baby is 9 mo and i just re ently became obssesed again. Im not going to lie, i kept thinking bout it, but.. Not like now. Good luck!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks. Yes when I found out this 3rd one was a boy too, the only thing that got me past it was the fact that I found what pgd is and I kept reading on it and finding a location no-stop. I hate to say it but totally didn't care about the baby inside of me. Now as its getting close to due date (nov 9th) I've been able to put aside the pgd future baby and concentrate on this one. A part of me is too scared to think of the pgd one cause what if all the embryos turn out to be male...

Giselle2016
September 26th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Hello. Please sit back and enjoy the lead up to your gorgeous boys birth.

Firstly I travelled with my husband and three daughters from Australia aged 8,6 and 2. Don't worry about who will look after your boys whilst your husband has to do his output. I took our girls for breakfast in the hotel whilst he did it then we headed to HRC for ER where he looked after them.

I was 38 when we went and will be 6 weeks off 39 when I deliver our so in a couple of weeks.

After having three girls you do thing about your husbands sleep but I got 4 embryos of which 3 were male . So you just don't know.

All the best with this pregnancy and good luck if and when you decide on the HT journey

That's awesome! Thanks for the support. OMG if I have 3 girl embryos, I will be soooo ecstatic! I may be tempted to do twins and freeze one lol.

lyagirl
October 22nd, 2016, 03:57 AM
I was in the same with my third little boy who is now 18 months old. When I first found out he was another boy I cried my eyes out and it was only the fact my husband said that's okay we can go high-tech next time that got me through! I have to say as soon as I had him thoughts about a girl went completely out of the window and I just thanked my lucky stars (after a difficult labour and birth) that I had three healthy happy little boys. My youngest is absolutely the apple of my eye and I could not imagine life without him!
I am however planning IVFPGD next year in the US for my long-awaited little girl. My advice is please just relax enjoy your little boy, they are all such different little people anyway and my older boys (9 & 7) adore him!
Don't get me wrong still every time I hear of somebody having a little girl I'm extremely envious and will almost avoid them for a period of time. Sounds mean, but I'm protecting me and I don't want their happiness being pushed in my face

Giselle2016
November 28th, 2016, 08:56 PM
My little baby boy is 20
days and I adore him! Love him to pieces but do still want a baby girl also but omg, all these sleepless nights got me worried that it just may be too hard to go through all this all over again...since my age is an issue, the sooner I do Pgd, the better....just don't know how soon I'll be ready for all this again...

nicoler
November 28th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Congrats Giselle!! Enjoy every moment with your new little guy :HH:

BrightSky
November 29th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Congratulations giselle!!! They are so gorgeous in those early days but the tiredness is tough. My little one is coming up to 4 months and it's so much easier, sleeping through and generally more settled. Give it a month or 2 and u will probably feel the same.. In the meantime enjoy those snuggles!!!