PDA

View Full Version : GSN vs CGH

michaela
September 27th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Hi Dr. Potter!

I was wanting to get your opinion on the biggest differences between GSN and CGH beyond the fresh vs. frozen transfer stuff. Do you believe (in your most unbiased opinion :wink:) that one is better than the other?
Thanks!

michaela
September 29th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Nevermind, I got my answer today at my consult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Potter
September 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Hi Dr. Potter!

I was wanting to get your opinion on the biggest differences between GSN and CGH beyond the fresh vs. frozen transfer stuff. Do you believe (in your most unbiased opinion :wink:) that one is better than the other?

Thanks!I am glad that you were able to get your answer. I will briefly go over the differences here:
GSN is more reliable for day 3 biopsy; GSN is more reliable for the smaller chromosomes (21,22,y); GSN detects uniparental disomy where CGH does not (eg Prader-Willi); GSN uses parental DNA finger print and so confirms right sperm/right egg where CGH does not; GSN gives you information about the origin of the abnormality in the embryo (bad egg or bad sperm) where CGH does not; GSN gives you specific confidence calls for each chromosome in each cell in your particular assay rather than an implied confidence (eg 'this test is 95% accurate') Hopefully this helps.
Dr. P

michaela
September 30th, 2011, 02:14 PM
It does help! Thank you!

I do have one more question though, in the literature I was reading that was sent to me regarding GSN it states that a day 5 biopsy has a 15% higher success rate than a day 3 biopsy. Do you see that in your clinic or is the Day 5 biopsy pretty new?

Dr. Potter
October 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM
It does help! Thank you!

I do have one more question though, in the literature I was reading that was sent to me regarding GSN it states that a day 5 biopsy has a 15% higher success rate than a day 3 biopsy. Do you see that in your clinic or is the Day 5 biopsy pretty new?We have not seen that at all. The data that I am aware of show that there are fewer transfers with day 5 biopsy so if they are quoting pregnancies per transfer that might be accurate (but misleading as there are not more babies with day 5).

michaela
October 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks Dr. P!!

Just for your info, this is what the pamphlet states...
» For Day 3 blastomere biopsy with fresh transfer there is approximately
a 50% ongoing pregnancy rate with embryo transfer following
testing; this rate is closer to 60% in patients aged 35 and younger and
45% in patients aged 36 and older.

» For Day 5 trophectoderm biopsy with Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
there is approximately a 75% ongoing pregnancy rate with embryo
transfer. This rate appears to be slightly higher in patients 35 and
younger and slightly higher in patients aged 36 and older.

Dr. Potter
October 20th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Thanks Dr. P!!

Just for your info, this is what the pamphlet states...
» For Day 3 blastomere biopsy with fresh transfer there is approximately
a 50% ongoing pregnancy rate with embryo transfer following
testing; this rate is closer to 60% in patients aged 35 and younger and
45% in patients aged 36 and older.

» For Day 5 trophectoderm biopsy with Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
there is approximately a 75% ongoing pregnancy rate with embryo
transfer. This rate appears to be slightly higher in patients 35 and
younger and slightly higher in patients aged 36 and older.

Our data are 68.75% positive pregnancy and 60.41% ongoing/delivered transferring 1 embryo after day 3 biopsy.

michaela
October 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Our data are 68.75% positive pregnancy and 60.41% ongoing/delivered transferring 1 embryo after day 3 biopsy.:agree: