PDA

View Full Version : Great book I'm reading about how to conceive naturally and have a healthy pregnancy after 30.

1moregirl
August 7th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Hi all. So I'm reading this fantastic book at the moment that I borrowed from our local library and just wanted to share it with you. Both authors are from US and book was published there so you ladies that are in the US yourselves may have already heard of this book or even read it. It's called 'How to Conceive Naturally and have a healthy pregnancy after 30' and authors are Christa Orecchio and Willow Buckley. Christa is a clinical and holistic nutritionist and a Willow is a certified homeopath, a labor doula and a certified prenatal yoga instructor. The say that 'women will discover that it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy in their 30s or 40s.' Anyway, I am finding this book amazing and there is so much in it that is here in this website as well. I needed more info as well on how to improve my diet and eat a more fertile diet. They teach you how to do a simple thyroid test at home and testing your ph levels. Some extra supps to take other than a prenatal to make your body more fertile and at its best to conceive. Mind you, there is probably a fair bit in the book that might not be girl sway friendly however, given that anything that seems to make you more fertile is more boy friendly, but right now I am starting to feel that I need to make myself healthier and to just conceive a baby of either gender, hence why I am reading the book. Anyway, Atomic have you read this book or heard of it, or anyone else?

MrsGoodies
August 7th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Too bad increasing fertility doesn't sway GIRL..... I feel so ick on this girl diet but "lower maternal condition" is supposed to be the reason it sways pink right?

1moregirl
August 8th, 2016, 06:56 AM
I know. I'm just at the point now where I feel like I'm running out of time so I'd be happy with a healthy baby of either gender. Lol! A lot of what I'm reading in this book is the same as what info is here on GD, with adaptation for gender sways of course. I just thought it was interesting reading for anyone in their 30s and/or 40s who is ttc.

The Anchor
August 8th, 2016, 11:43 AM
I have read it. The diet advice will definitely sway boy. Not sure I agree with all the supplement info, I fully believe that royal jelly enabling a queen bee to have thousands of offspring does NOT equal it having the same effect on humans. LOL. They also support the alkaline diet approach, which is a bit of a scam, any food that goes into your stomach is instantly acidified by stomach acids. Sorry, not meaning to shoot the book down, just my 2 cents!

Foreign Chick
August 9th, 2016, 04:16 AM
Thank you for sharing <3
xx

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Please take all those kinds of books with a grain or two of salt. I find that a lot of the naturopath's advice actually can aggravate things so you end up worse off than you are.

Run those supps by me first because a lot of them may help people with PCOS, but would really muck up other people's cycles and can lower your odds of conception considerably.

If you think your thyroid is off please have blood tests done by a doctor.

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Too bad increasing fertility doesn't sway GIRL..... I feel so ick on this girl diet but "lower maternal condition" is supposed to be the reason it sways pink right?

Yes, but you shouldn't actively feel crappy on the diet. Please tell me what you're eating and we can make adjustments that are going to improve your odds of conception and also help you feel better.

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2016, 02:07 PM
I have read it. The diet advice will definitely sway boy. Not sure I agree with all the supplement info, I fully believe that royal jelly enabling a queen bee to have thousands of offspring does NOT equal it having the same effect on humans. LOL. They also support the alkaline diet approach, which is a bit of a scam, any food that goes into your stomach is instantly acidified by stomach acids. Sorry, not meaning to shoot the book down, just my 2 cents!

:agree: This is the same logic as in the French Gender book - some completely unrelated species of animal with absolutely nothing in common with humans really has very little to tell us in the way of human fertility.

I don't want anyone doing RJBP. All it is, is B vitamins (you can get in prenatal) and a small amount of protein and fatty acid that you are getting via a normal healthy diet. The B vitamins have disrupted people's cycles badly and the RJBP can trigger fatal anaphylaxis in those that are sensitive to it, and even if you have never had a reaction to it before, repeated exposure can then prime your body to start reacting to things like bee stings or future encounters with RJBP (which is getting added to lots of things these days). A woman in Japan had been taking it, stopped, and then had a drink that had it added to the beverage, and had an allergic reaction and died.

Acid alkaline diet has been totally debunked. :agree: The types of foods in the alkaline diet are largely healthy anyway so people go onto it and think it's doing some magic thing but it is really just eating better quality foods. If your pH goes outside of a very narrow range, you DIE. Doesn't work.

trifecta
August 10th, 2016, 02:08 PM
There's also a big difference between ttc at a mere 30 and ttc at 42+.