PDA

View Full Version : Pos OPK?

1moregirl
August 9th, 2016, 12:33 AM
Hi ladies. So I have attached 2 photos. I caved in and decided to use up some of those silly OPK test strips that I bought in bulk online a while ago. For some reason I have found that when I get a positive OPK with these strips, the second line only gets 'almost' as dark as the control line and that's it. I tested a few days ago and they were negative. I tested yesterday and got what I think is a positive and this morning with what looks slightly fainter than yesterdays'. Also, last night at around 10 when I was going to bed the O pains hit me with a vengeance and I took two panadol and took the heat pack to bed with me. Have still been feeling a bit 'wet' down there today also. What do you isn't get to BD last night as our 3 yr old (4 next week) has caught my throat and cough thing so we had him sleeping with us to monitor him. Prior to yesterday we had BD 2 days in a row. I think we will go ahead and BD tonight and tomorrow night (just in case) and that will be close enough to SMEP. What do you ladies think?

MrsGoodies
August 9th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Well if you got the opk Monday then Tuesday sometime would be O or early Wednesday but i think you need to bd before the egg releases so your plan sounds good

Pbn3
August 9th, 2016, 03:30 AM
I would definately try and bd tonight 1moregirl. Good luck! You're Sunday attempt will be good timing if you have oed Monday night or today :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

1moregirl
August 9th, 2016, 05:43 AM
Thanks MrsG and Pbn. Yes will def do a BD tonight and then just sit back and wait and see what happens. And try to forget about it during the 2Ww....yeah right. Lol! :)

purple
August 9th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Those tests really are useless! I think you have to test about 4-5 times a day to get the surge with them and if you use them that much you may as well just buy the chemist ones. That is why I stopped using them.

Anyway, it look pretty dark for those tests and with the other signs it could well mean you are ovulating so go for it :)

1moregirl
August 9th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks Purple. Well....didn't manage another BD last night. Our 3 yr old is sick with a nasty cough so I went to bed earlier with him in our bed and DH came to bed later and I had already fallen asleep (I was exhausted due to a few sleepless nights with my own coughing and bub's coughing keeping me awake). I was sooo bummed this morning when I woke up and remembered w hadn't BDed. Oh well...whatever happens. If not this cycle, maybe next cycle when we are coming into some lovely sunny Spring weather. At least we got two days in a row of BD in. I doubt I will get a BFP out of this attempt so that will help me make it through the 2ww. I also need to get back on the ubiquinol anyway and make some dietary changes (the dietary changes are proving more difficult than anything else really....it actually really is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Bahahahaha!)

MrsGoodies
August 9th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Sounds like good girl timing to me!

1moregirl
August 10th, 2016, 04:35 AM
We got another BD in this morning as well, just in case....so wait and see. My nipples and breasts are still tender today so maybe I've only just Oed today. Who knows....I also had some EWCM this afternoon when I went to the loo...or would that be BD leftovers? It, sorry this is gross, was just kind of dangling whilst I was sitting on the loo after I peed. That's how I usually see and notice my EWCM also. Wish me luck.i cleaned out a container the other day of all these used OPKs and HPTs and I came across an unopened box of three HPTs which was a bonus. I nearly threw them in the trash with the other stuff. Lol!

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2016, 12:53 PM
The dangling stuff is usually EWCM because leftovers don't stretch like that. :)

My 3 year old is also 4 this next week!! Happy birthday to your little one. :)

1moregirl
August 13th, 2016, 06:48 AM
Oh Atomic...is that your gorgeous little one in your picture? My little boy's turning 4 on the 17th. What date is your little one's birthday? Happy Birthday to your little one as well Hun. I'm hoping our little one won't still be sick for his birthday. Hate that. Rewind 4 years ago and our whole family got hit with influenza A. I know because I was 6 months pregnant and had a nasty cough they tested me for whooping cough and came back pos for influenza A. I nearly ended up in hospital. It was in June of 20012. Our 2 children at the time had it as well poor little mites and it was our older boy's 4th birthday when we were all sick and we had to cancel his bday celebration. He got up and was all dressed that day, even though he was sick, and said he was 'ready to go to his party.' Poor little fella. Tonight I'm sitting here in my bed with our 6 yr old and almost 4 yr old (they are both sleeping soundly for now) as we only have the one humidifier and it really does help with our coughs. I just wish we had a king size bed so our biggest boy could camp out in here with us. Lol! Birthday boys fever broke yesterday and he has been a lot better, despite the cough, but our little girl has still had high temps today and tonight is the the third night in a row now that she has had high temps so I will take her back to doctor tomorrow morning as I think she may have ear infection. Doctor we saw yesterday said her ear was a bit red but it was viral, but said we have to wait and see what happens. This is why I hate winter. IMO, there
S really nothing to like about winter.

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Yes that's her! She had her birthday on the 14th. Happy birthday to him today and I'm hoping no one is ill today!!

My second son was perpetually ill and I swear he's been sick on every birthday he's ever had.

1moregirl
August 17th, 2016, 11:39 PM
She is such a little cutie pie Atomic. Hope she had a lovely birthday. Yes it was my baby's 4th birthday yesterday and we had a lovely day, despite me waking up with that anxiety issue again and then getting all emotional and teary at playgroup (not in front of the kids though). I was just thinking of him going off to kinder next year and the fact that this time last year was the time my baby's little heart stopped beating inside of me. One of our special Guinea pigs passing away recently...everyone being sick...it all just suddenly caught up with me and I had a meltdown. But I'm much better today, despite my front tooth aching (it has been dead for years after a knock but only just started aching last night and needs a root canal which I am petrified about). Also, I was 8DPO yesterday and I had period pains on and off all day long. They were so strong I was convinced my period was coming and would constantly wipe and check every time I had a pit stop. Lol! But nothing and no pains or AF today either. Would have been way too early for AF to arrive so I don't know what this is as I haven't had it before. Maybe just my hormones acting up?

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2016, 01:57 PM
It's not unusual and is actually something I experience too. (I seem to be on the extreme end of O-type pains, luckily I have very few AF cramps) It's from the secondary estrogen surge.