PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Best way to gain weight on LE diet?!

MrsGoodies
August 13th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I've been on the LE/girl Diet for 5 months and its worked well....toooo well bc I've lost 15 lb and now my periods are getting very scanty/light. Instead of 5 days they are down to 3 days! I O on cd10 instead of my usual 11-12

My calories have been 1400/d with 45g fat and 50 g protien...rest carbs.

My BMI started out at 23.... Now 19!!! (Too low)

What would be the best way to gain some weight without wrecking my LE/girl sway?

More bread/carbs?
More fat?
More protien?
Going off diet for a month, gain a bunch back and start LE over again???

Ugh!!!

I dont want to ket these months go to waste but i wont get pg if my periods get too scanty...

Help Atomic and others....

XXforhubby
August 13th, 2016, 03:04 PM
This is just my opinion and what I have personally found to help. I found that adding in full sugar soda and empty carbs like candy/pastries help to increase weight without undermining the effects of the LE diet. I bet if you did this, in addition to what you normally eat, you'll gain some much needed weight.

What I wouldn't do necessarily, is up protein or fat. You seem to be getting a good amount. I would simply increase calories with empty carbs to help out here.

Lighter periods and ovulation moving is totally normal on the LE diet. You seem to still be ovulating and we want to keep it that way!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

ksmom
August 13th, 2016, 05:12 PM
What XX said. Early on in my sway, I lost way too much weight (BMI around 16!!) and I HAD to gain weight because I stopped ovulating. I increased my calories with empty carbs and cut back a little on exercise. I think that would be a good starting point for you.

1moregirl
August 13th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Oh MrsG....that doesn't sound good Hun. I'm 44 and Atomic advised me to do fertility version of the LE diet so maybe you need to do this also? I know we're all different but it's not going to be great for your fertility if you are losing too much weight. I haven't been too strict on the diet to be honest as I lose weight all too easily and need to snack often or I feel sick and get the shakes. I have cut down on sugar and tea and eat red meat twice a week. I've also been eating wholemeal bread instead of white bread, but ideally I should be avoiding gluten. This is about the best I can manage. Anyway Hun, I'm not great with dieting stuff but I wish you well and hope you gain some more weight again soon. I'm sure Atomic and the other ladies will have good advice for you. Xx

MrsGoodies
August 14th, 2016, 03:42 AM
What is the fertility version of LE? It sounds like an oxymoron since LE is typically low fertility.

Sigh.

I wouldnt mind eating more things but adding sugar and empty calories would lower fertility wouldnt it?

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Ok. The rulez are different for you Mrs. G because you're over 40. I do NOT want you loading up on empty carbs.

The first thing you need to do is up your cals to 1800-2000 and 50-60 g of both protein and fat. DO increase intake of things like fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. Full fat dairy ONLY. Do not use skim.

Do NOT go off diet, gain, and start over. Time is not our friend here and we need to get you pregnant sooner rather than later.

The lighter period thing is still ok. 3 days is fine. I got my daughter with shorter periods than that (the two months before I got her I only had one day of bleeding and then a day of really light spotting) and it's what most people on LE Diet are reporting.

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2016, 03:00 PM
What is the fertility version of LE? It sounds like an oxymoron since LE is typically low fertility.

Sigh.

I wouldnt mind eating more things but adding sugar and empty calories would lower fertility wouldnt it?

It's not an oxymoron. There is a lot of wiggle room between eating nothing but white carbs and then loading up on fertility foods. It is a compromise between a lot of concerns and has been actually MORE successful percentage wise than the "crash and burn" type LE Diet. You'll find it here, 5 from the top. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

MrsGoodies
August 17th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Ok, thanks Atomic,

What should I do if I am at 60 each protien & fat but only 1600 calories?

Where should i add the extra 200?

Butter/oil= fat
Nuts = protein/fat
Fruits/veggies = too low calorie

I dont want to eat too much sugar... I'm kind of at a loss. It was easy to stay under the limits when i was losing weight but now adding calories is putting me over the 60g limits.

Would avocados be ok? Or is that too much nutrition & fat?

MrsGoodies
August 17th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Atomic,

Why are wheat , corn & beans not advised for fertility LE?

Is popcorn included or just yellow corn?

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2016, 01:55 PM
In that case use fruits, veg (high carb ones like potato and corn, fresh corn is best, not cornmeal) and whole grains OR white rice (for some reason, white rice seems better tolerated than other 'white' grains) to get cals. I do not want you eating much sugar.

Wheat, corn, and beans are believed to have compounds that may be potentially harmful to fertility and overall health, affecting your insulin response negatively among other things. Now, you may not need/want to cut them out totally but the data indicates it's better to be getting the majority of your carb intake from things like fruit, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and rice instead of wheat bread, lots of beans, and cornmeal type of foods. (I do believe that fresh corn on the cob is different and still ok - I'd skip the corn in a can tho because it's really very sugary, and of course any refined cornmealy things)

Popcorn should be ok and considered whole grain.

MrsGoodies
August 18th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Thanks Atomic,

I love popcorn. I can eat buckets and buckets.

atomic sagebrush
August 20th, 2016, 03:30 PM
me too! :p