PDA

View Full Version : Aussie gals ttc sep 2016?

Kelbear
August 26th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Hi, just wondering if there are any other Aussie gals currently TTC? I can find lots of old posts from 2014 and 2015 but nothing recent. Would like to say hi to any other Aussie mums currently swaying 😊

familymatters
August 26th, 2016, 06:59 PM
I am!!! I've just finished some weird mid-cycle bleeding so I'm counting today as CD7, so hopefully by September I'll be having my first attempt. How long have you been on the diet for?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Pink Pony
August 26th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I am still on the ttc pink journey. Attempting every month since Oct 15, but no luck so far. Been doing LE since May 15, but have lightened up my sway as I was loosing too much weight. I stick to the basic principles of LE but I am doing the couch potato option. Good luck.

Kelbear
August 26th, 2016, 11:02 PM
i hope September is the lucky month for all of us, especially you Pink pony as you have been trying for your girl for some time. I am worried it might take me a while to get my BFP so we will start trying this month even though I have only been on the LE diet 6 weeks and would have liked longer but age isn't on my side. Prior to starting on the LE diet I was loosely following the French gender diet and having lots of dairy, calcium and magnesium and also taking b6 (was to fix a shortish LP but messed with my cycle a bit). I have stopped the cal/ mag/ b6 supplements now as they are likely to sway blue. I was originally going to do no exercise except my usual walk to the park with my son but now the weather is getting better I have started the 60 min exercise 5-6 days a week this last week - will see how long I can keep it up. Will be really hard to find the time when I go back to work in 2 months time.
How long have you been on the diet family matters?
Best of luck to you both this month and thank you for replying, it is nice to know there are some other Aussie girls on here :bigsmile:

familymatters
August 27th, 2016, 05:45 AM
I've been on the diet since the beginning of May, full vegetarian which has been a challange for me. I've been doing the exercise since then also, I try to do 6 days a week but I usually only seem to manage 5 days a week. I mix it up with gym classes, runs and my exercise bike. I never ever thought I'd be able to stick to the exercise because with 3 kids and a part time job I'm fairly time poor!! But somehow I manage to squeeze it in. Ahhh I hope September is our month, I'd like to go back to my meat eating, full day snacking diet asap!!

Pink Pony
August 27th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Thanks Kelbear. It's has been a long journey, but if I am one day successful, it would have been worth it. Best of luck to u. I turned 38 a few months ago, so the clock is ticking for me too.

Kelbear
August 28th, 2016, 12:16 AM
I am definitely finding the no meat part of the diet the hardest too GirlieCat as I used to eat meat every day (usually twice a day). I am still cheating a little and having a small amount of chicken once or twice a week but trying to keep it within my daily protein limits. I wished I had started the exercise sooner but was going to do the couch potato option (still taking my son for short walks to the park) as I was worried I wouldn't be able to fit in the exercise every day but have decided this past week to give it a try. I have managed 4 out of the last 5 days so hopefully I can fit it in. You are doing a great job fitting it into such a busy schedule GirlieCat.
It will be worth all the effort when you get your bfp Pink pony, it must seem like such a lots of effort though. I am 36 and DH is 40 so we are definitely wanting to get pregnant again sooner rather than later but I also want to try to sway for a girl so we will see how we go in the next few months.

Pink Pony
August 28th, 2016, 02:48 AM
Thanks Kelbear, my luck has to change soon. I am doing everything I can to sway, so at least what ever happens I can feel I gave it my best shot. My DH is 44, so he just wants to be done with the whole baby thing, but he understands how important this is to me, so he is going with the flow, he is a good man and I am very lucky. Somedays my life feels so complete ...... And then other days I have this constant aching lfor my baby girl. I just can't give up on it.

Kelbear
August 28th, 2016, 05:10 AM
I can understand that Pink pony, I love my son like nothing on earth and I wouldn't swap him for anything, he is the best thing that has ever happened in my life but I still have a strong desire to have a little girl. I would love to give him a little brother or sister, I know we would still be happy if we had another boy but I would dearly love a girl and my hubby has said two is our limit so we only have one more chance to try for a girl (unless we have twins).
Fingers crossed for you this month, it will be your turn for a bfp soon ��

kc15880
August 28th, 2016, 06:45 AM
me too! LE diet for 30weeks now, 10kg lighter than when I started (& that was being a couch potato!). Totally over LE & wanting to go back to snacking. Im suprised that I havent missed meat more though. CD16 today Wish me luck!

Kelbear
August 28th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Good luck kc15880, hopefully this is your month ��

Kelbear
September 5th, 2016, 12:34 AM
How are you all doing this month family matters, pinkpony and kc15880? Hoping you all get your bfps this month. Why does the 2ww seem to take forever? I'm only 3dpo so long time to wait to see if my attempt worked. I have picked up my son's cold, glad we had our attempt at + OPK as next day I came down with this cold and can barely function so DTD the next day would have been near on impossible plus my hubby is now avoiding me like the plague as he doesn't want to catch the cold too! Fingers crossed for you all ��

familymatters
September 5th, 2016, 12:40 AM
Ooh getting sick around O sways pink Kelbear so hopefully that works in your favour. Unfortunately my body is being really really stupid and I'm yet again experiencing mid cycle bleeding with no positive OPK in sight. I've been on the diet/exercise for 4 months now and I've had enough. I bought a saliva ovulation test and it says I'm due to ovulate in the next 24-48 hours but then I do a urine test and it's not positive at all. Soooo confusing and supremely frustrating

Kelbear
September 5th, 2016, 05:19 AM
Hopefully you get a positive opk soon familymatters. It is so hard waiting when you don't know what your body is doing. Can you do e4d just in case so that you catch that egg regardless of when it decides to show up?

kc15880
September 5th, 2016, 07:29 AM
we did E3d this month. we bd 1 day before +opk. fingers crossed this is our month. I used the saliva microscope before my first pregnancy but didnt bother for my second. I just didnt find it accurate at all. Particularly because I was/am still breastfeeding which makes it completely inaccurate due to hormones etc. I just stick to cheap opk from ebay. Goodluck everyone!

Kelbear
September 7th, 2016, 07:28 PM
How is everyone doing? Fingers crossed for some bfps this month but I don't think I will be one of them. Just a quick question that I don't think anyone other than an Aussie will understand but are you gals still eating vegemite at all? I have stopped having it due to the salt and vitamin content but am missing it like crazy! I start salivating when I make vegemite toast for my DS in the morning :wink:
Just wondering if you think a little on toast occasionally would be ok (would have this for lunch not breakfast)? Hope you are all doing ok and can't wait to hear if any of you get your bfp this month.

familymatters
September 7th, 2016, 10:23 PM
I'm avoiding vegemite because of all those B vitamins (just like I'm not taking pre-natal vitamins for the same reason) but I'm sure there are millions of Australian women who have conceived girls whilst eating a little occasional vegemite. With my sway I do whatever I can to avoid anxiety creeping in. Eating vegemite is for me easy not to eat and would make me anxious if I did because I feel it's a risky one. And yet I'm happy to eat full fat dairy and that doesn't make me anxious yet another girl swayer may avoid full fat dairy like the plague. So just go with what you feel ok with!

Kelbear
September 8th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Thanks for your reply familymatters. That helps me put my vegemite craving in perspective, I have gone without it for 7 weeks now I can live without it for a while longer as I too have been avoiding it because of all the b vitamins. Would feel guilty I think if I did have it, just had a huge craving for it this morning, will get over it. It is easier for me to give vegemite up than cheese, I still have a little cheese most days despite it being full fat dairy and high in sodium, I just make sure I keep within my daily limits. Vegemite can wait til after a bfp :sigh:

Pink Pony
September 8th, 2016, 06:50 AM
I tested today at 10dpo and got a bfn again. I feel like giving up, it's just so hard, but I have a feeling that I won't fall pregnant as I have been so stressed and having such anxiety lately, I think my body won't allow it. Think it's time to chat to the GP regarding my anxiety issues. I have worked so hard on my sway and it almost feels soul destroying every time I see a bfn. I think I might switch to the AFD diet as my skin is sooo bad and I am trying to put weight back on and it's just not happening.

It's so annoying when u want to be pregnant, it doesn't happen and when u don't want to be, it happens!

Kelbear, I stay away from veggie might, I have had jam toast every morning or should I say after 10:30 since May 15.

I am switching back to whole grain bread and I have full fat milk with my 2 coffees and the switch to black coffee for the rest of the day.

Wishing everyone well x

kc15880
September 8th, 2016, 08:12 AM
af arrived today so thats me out for another month :( I am so over this!

Kelbear
September 8th, 2016, 07:37 PM
So sorry to hear AF arrived for you Kc, it is so tough when you are holding out hope that it won't arrive and then it does. Even tougher the longer you have been trying. 10 dpo is still very early to test pink pony so don't count yourself out yet. I can't complain as I have only been doing LE for 7 weeks so I should not whinge about little things like Vegemite as you have managed to stick with the LE diet for so much longer pink pony. I think I am out this month due to the weird spotting I had at 2-4 dpo so just waiting for AF now so I can start again next month. Just hoping no more spotting til at least 10 dpo and now AF until at least 11 dpo but feels like AF is not far away. Fingers crossed next month is your month Kc and still holding out hope that you get your bfp in a few days pink pony. If you don't get a bfp maybe the afd would be a good change for you.

familymatters
September 11th, 2016, 01:43 AM
It sounds like we are all having bizarre cycles. Sorry kc that af arrived, hopefully next month is your month. My fingers are crossed for you Kelbear, weird spotting at 2dpo doesn't necessarily mean that you are out this month. Well my husband is officially being a d*ck. On Thursday night after days of full ferning on my ovuplan I got an almost positive OPK so decided that we should dtd. That was the time DH decided to tell me he didn't want to ttc this month. In fact he wasn't sure if he wanted a 4th child at all. I know after we miscarried the twins that he wasnt sad... in fact he was relieved. But when I told him how much this meant to me and I wanted to try again he said if it was that important to me then he'd come to the party. My swaying hasn't been a bloody secret, he's seen me struggling not to snack or eat meat, heard me complain about my weird cycles and witnessed me dragging my butt out almost every day to exercise for an hour. And after 4 months of that he acts as if this has come as a surprise??!!!! I have kept him in the loop with the whole swaying thing the entire time. I'm so frustrated. I spent most of Friday a teary mess. I gave him some time to think to clarify his thoughts and we have agreed to chat tonight once the kids are in bed. Wish me luck! I'm so nervous....

Kelbear
September 11th, 2016, 04:38 AM
I really hope you can have a good chat to him and that he can understand what this means to you and how much effort you have put in to this sway. I really hope it goes well for you and that you manage to get an attempt in either today or tomorrow, hopefully you will get the timing right. Trying to conceive and especially swaying is hard enough when you have a supportive partner but so much harder if they aren't supportive. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best Family matters.
I am still hanging in there for this month as no AF or further spotting but only 8dpo so am sure AF will arrive in the next 2-4 days. Really hope I can get a bfp soon as I think my hubby will pull the pin on conceiving no.2 if it doesn't happen in the next 6 months as he thinks he is too old.

familymatters
September 11th, 2016, 05:38 PM
So we had a chat, I made sure I was calm and reasonable. After all if the shoe was on the other foot then I'd feel resentful for being pressured into having another child. Anyway he said he'd had a chance to think and although he's done at 3, he doesn't want to deny me another child if I really want one. He asked me how i will feel if #4 was a boy. The truth is is that I don't want 4 kids either, but I do want another daughter. So I get what he's saying. So basically we are back on the swaying train, even though he's mucked up this month which is frustrating. I'm a gambler I guess. I figure if I give swaying my best shot I've got a decent chance at getting another girl. God if only sex selective IVF was available in Australia, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Kelbear
September 11th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Glad you got to have a calm discussion with him and get the chance to try for DD number 2. It is a pity that you don't get to try this month but you get another month of swaying which will only make your sway stronger. Good luck for next month.

Pink Pony
September 12th, 2016, 07:02 AM
That's good news family matters :)

babybells
October 14th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Hey all - I am an Aussie TTC in February next year. Reading up ion the diets/vitamins and quietly freaking out.

boywish
October 14th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Welcome babybells! I'm also an Aussie swayers looking to TTC in Feb next year too. Are you hoping for blue or pink? There is a wealth of information on here and atomic is great at answering any questions. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelbear
October 24th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Welcome babybells. Nice to see some more Aussies on here. I hope you are not finding it too overwhelming, there is a lot of info to take on board but like boywish said all the ladies especially atomic are great at answering any questions you might have. Good luck with your sway babybells and you too boywish.

dancingdiva88
October 24th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Hi fellow Aussies! I'm looking to conceive as soon as my cycles kick back in. DD is 8 and a half months and I finished breastfeeding nearly a week ago. No postpartum AF yet but a teeny amount of spotting a few days ago. Hoping to swat boy. Been on the HE diet for 4 weeks now and been on all the supps for 4-5 weeks now too. DH is very much on board - proud family heritage with a coat of arms and everything, and if we don't have a boy his family name and line stop. Hope everybody is doing well on their sways. :)

MiaMelb
December 16th, 2016, 04:51 AM
Hey Familymatters, just reading through this thread and heard so much of my own situation in your post. DP is happy with our two DD but I'd love to have a little boy. I was always the one saying only 2 kids but feel going to 3 is the only way to give the boy one last shot. Just curious how your pink sway is going?

MiaMelb
December 16th, 2016, 04:55 AM
:bluecheer:Good luck Dancingdiva88 with your blue sway.
Looking forward to following how it goes.

IWant4Kids
December 28th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Another new Aussie here!
Just wondering if you girls still take a pregnancy vitamin like elevit or blackmores?

kc15880
December 28th, 2016, 07:05 AM
nope just folate for me. Trying to avoid those extra nutrients

babybells
January 2nd, 2017, 09:25 PM
Yep I will be adding folic acid to the diet very shortly.

Kelbear
January 2nd, 2017, 10:41 PM
Another new Aussie here!
Just wondering if you girls still take a pregnancy vitamin like elevit or blackmores?

Like Kc said it is better to just take folic acid if ttc girl as the pregnancy multi can sway boy.

babybells
January 3rd, 2017, 12:37 AM
What brand have people been taking?

I am trying to sway pink. Fingers crossed!

IWant4Kids
January 3rd, 2017, 06:41 AM
Also, do you use an app to track protein, carbs etc?

kc15880
January 3rd, 2017, 07:31 AM
I dont use an app - I just use an excel sheet to plan out my diet each week - to be honest, I pretty much eat the same thing each week so I just cut & paste a lot :) I just cook my meals in bulk & freeze & generally eat a vegetarian LE diet & my family eats the normal version (& that way my kids dont notice). That way I dont have to really think day by day about totals etc & I know that I am covered. During the week for dinner I generally eat some yoghurt & - a pumpkin & chickpea curry, fried rice, falafels, pita pizza, stuffed potatos, pasta, biyrani, soups (in winter). Lunch is usually some toast with a smear of jam & fruit & potato chips.

50g Smiths potato chips & 250g brownes yoghurt gives me nearly my entire days worth of potassium (1400mg) which is good as the rest of the diet is so low. I found finding enough potassium in the early days the hardest. Fruit is usually around 200-300mg a piece so that helps too. Pumpkin & zucchini is extremely high in potassium so I add that to lots of things. Finely grated peeled zucchini goes into my fried rice & biyrani & even my family dont notice its in there. These days I generally aim for 2000mg potassium & then I know I will probably be over that because not everything lists it.

I cant say that I am bored with the diet but I do miss snacking & breakfast - more out of habit than hunger though. I hope that helps!

babybells
January 3rd, 2017, 10:16 PM
Just wondering kc15880 what fruit are you eating?

kc15880
January 4th, 2017, 06:49 AM
I was eating a lot of bananas last year but now that it is summer (hello stone fruit!), I am eating peaches, nectarines, green apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cherries, grapes, raspberrys, strawberrys. A lot of variety I know but I only have 2 pieces a day as they are great for potassium & low in kj.

IWant4Kids
January 8th, 2017, 05:58 AM
has anyone found the perfect brand of vitamins?
I'm thinking Blackmore folate and iodine...
What calcium and magnesium brand?
The vitex ones at Chemist Warehouse all have a higher dose than recommended....should I half?
Cranberry? Does it matter what dose?

Sorry I'm waiting for my personalised plan, but wanted to switch to these asap as I'm still on conceive well gold

kc15880
January 9th, 2017, 07:08 AM
I dropped everything except for folate

babybells
January 22nd, 2017, 08:42 PM
How is everyone travelling?

Kelbear
January 23rd, 2017, 12:32 AM
I am 10 w pregnant now after 24 weeks on the LE diet and exercise. It has been nice to not have to worry about diet over the Christmas holidays but now my trouble is finding anything that I can stomach as the nausea and food aversions are so much worse with this pregnacy than my first.
I hope everyone else is doing ok and had a nice Christmas and New year.
How are you doing Babybells?

babybells
January 23rd, 2017, 07:24 PM
Congrats Kelbear!

I have started my LE diet now - slowly easing into it. Not TTC until July so still awhile to get it right!!!

frankie2017
June 2nd, 2017, 08:03 AM
I am 10 w pregnant now after 24 weeks on the LE diet and exercise. It has been nice to not have to worry about diet over the Christmas holidays but now my trouble is finding anything that I can stomach as the nausea and food aversions are so much worse with this pregnacy than my first.
I hope everyone else is doing ok and had a nice Christmas and New year.
How are you doing Babybells?

Were you swaying for a girl Kelbear? How did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk