PDA

View Full Version : Is this a positive opk?

Katt2275
August 26th, 2016, 08:55 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/0872cfead0f0372ddd8f089d8f085b25.jpg

I'm still pretty new at using these, but this looks positive to me. What do you think? The left line looked darker last month.

Thanks!

XXforhubby
August 26th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Positive!

FX and GL to you!!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2 [emoji602], & DS3 [emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

1moregirl
August 26th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Looks positive to me hun. Time to get busy. ;) good luck.

Katt2275
August 27th, 2016, 12:36 AM
Thanks ladies! We had our attempt about an hour ago. [emoji15]

atomic sagebrush
August 27th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Yes! so excited for you!!!!

Katt2275
August 27th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Yes! so excited for you!!!!
Thanks Atomic. I took one again this afternoon, and the test line was even darker. I hope we didn't BD too soon.

Katt2275
August 28th, 2016, 06:48 PM
I took another test this afternoon, and the test line was even darker, so now I'm thinking that Friday's result wasn't quite positive yet. I'm hoping there's still some sperm there when the egg finally comes. I've been tempted to have another attempt, but I know that it would possibly put me in the boy zone.

What do you think Atomic?

1moregirl
August 28th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Mm......that's tricky. They do say it's best to stick with the one attempt when swaying girl. But your 2 OPK tests were just a day apart weren't they? I think you should be ok Hun and at least you know now what the tests should look like when you get a definite positive. Some of them can really vary and I know the ones I have recently bought online in bulk are a bit dodgy....when I get a positive the test line is not 'as dark as or darker than' like it is supposed to be. But yours sound really accurate. Good luck Hun. Fingers crossed for a BFP for you. Xx

GirlieCat
August 28th, 2016, 11:46 PM
I am with you Katt but kinda opposite. I got a almost positive yesterday (sat) and thought I would get positive today (sun) but it as even lighter today so my surge must have been earlier than yesterday's test and I missed it. Now I am sad because we are doing e4d and out last attempt was Thursday which I think is too early for an O today to tomorrow and our next attempt per the e4d isn't supposed to be till tomorrow (Monday) which will probably be too late. I know I can throw in another attempt tonight if I wanted too but I don't want to cross into boy territory. If I got pregnant and it was boy I would probably blame myself for the extra attempt.

Katt2275
August 29th, 2016, 02:21 AM
I am with you Katt but kinda opposite. I got a almost positive yesterday (sat) and thought I would get positive today (sun) but it as even lighter today so my surge must have been earlier than yesterday's test and I missed it. Now I am sad because we are doing e4d and out last attempt was Thursday which I think is too early for an O today to tomorrow and our next attempt per the e4d isn't supposed to be till tomorrow (Monday) which will probably be too late. I know I can throw in another attempt tonight if I wanted too but I don't want to cross into boy territory. If I got pregnant and it was boy I would probably blame myself for the extra attempt.
Girliecat, I think you still have a chance. I've read that sperm can live up to 5 days, so your attempt on Thursday could still count. I know that some ladies on here do every 3 days, but for girl sways, I think Atomic only recommends it for couples who have been ttc unsuccessfully for a while. I feel the same as you about the extra attempt. I would blame myself big time if the baby turned out to be a boy if I did that. Fingers crossed for both of us! [emoji4]

atomic sagebrush
August 31st, 2016, 01:43 PM
Thanks Atomic. I took one again this afternoon, and the test line was even darker. I hope we didn't BD too soon.

You O an average of 24-36 hours after your FIRST positive, not the darkest. The surge is a message, and your body "hears" it at a whisper even if it starts shouting later on. :)

atomic sagebrush
August 31st, 2016, 01:44 PM
I took another test this afternoon, and the test line was even darker, so now I'm thinking that Friday's result wasn't quite positive yet. I'm hoping there's still some sperm there when the egg finally comes. I've been tempted to have another attempt, but I know that it would possibly put me in the boy zone.

What do you think Atomic?

Your first test was a positive, and you BD at the right time. Do NOT hold out for a darker test as it may never come.

atomic sagebrush
August 31st, 2016, 01:46 PM

When in doubt, BD. This is because you can conceive from an earlier-than-pos-opk attempt, but NOT from an after-O attempt. I hate to see you guys waiting on darker OPK because sometimes they just never arrive, so better to be in with an attempt day before positive OPK (O-2, also great odds conception) than waiting and missing it.

Girliecat, you were covered either way (that's the point of hte e4d method),, this is just for general informational purposes.