PDA

View Full Version : My chart when I conceived our daughter...

1moregirl
August 28th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I had lost this for a long time and only just found it. I was recording OPKs and BDs, etc on paper back then as I wasn't aware of them online. Anyway, interestingly, I happened to do SMEP back on that occasion. I Oed on CD 20 (second day of positive OPKs) and we BD once per night for 3 nights starting on CD 19 (my first day of positive OPK). We'd also BD on CD 17, plus 2 other attempts prior to that day after AF. Then on 10DPO I got my first faint BFP and our beautiful girl was on her way. I've included a photo of my chart. Ultimately, this shows that I was doing more with my lifestyle to sway girl (I know I was taking our 1 yr old boy out for long walks each day in his pusher) and my DH was cycling every day to and from the train station. This was around the time of our son's first birthday as well so I had been eating a lot of sweet things and cakes things. Anyway, I know that one BD attempt is meant to sway girl, but given that I only seem to catch a BFP these days with SMEP, this really gives me hope that we can do SMEP again and get one final miracle baby girl. 32834

1moregirl
August 28th, 2016, 07:52 PM
And, I might add, according to the moon signs, I was supposed to be having a boy. So this theory was clearly not accurate for me and not one to go by, even though those on IG almost had be believing.

atomic sagebrush
August 31st, 2016, 01:39 PM
What you must keep in mind is that we still get 40%ish girls with 3 attempts and even more with 4+ (I believe this is down to the frequent BD thru O phenomenon, though). 1 attempt is just better, not a magic bullet, that's for sure. Yes, it is time for you guys to go to SMEP.

1moregirl
September 3rd, 2016, 12:17 AM
Atomic - do you think it would be better for me then to do just ONE attempt on the day of O or just BD all our way through O, with the latter option being similar to SMEP anyway. What is the BD through O exactly? Thanks. I just really want to be doing what I can to increase my odds of getting pregnant, but swaying girl at t he same time. :)

atomic sagebrush
September 3rd, 2016, 02:38 PM
I believe we've gone over this before so forgive me if I repeat myself but I do not want ANYONE BD thru O. Please follow SMEP guidelines instead.

BD through O means you BD every day starting whenevr and going through ovulation. So what happens is most people start BD every day before they are fertile and keep going. This really reduces odds of conception and sperm health (and this has been fully demonstrated in several studies) It is a bad way to up odds of conception, since it doesn't LOL

SMEP on the other hand, is every other day until the fertile window opens and then the daily attempts but just a couple and then back to EOD. Hubby's sperm count will be much better this way and it is much better chance for conception.

The other idea would be to just wait till you're fertile and then BD thru O then. But I don't like this either because a lot of times people will mistime when to start so they end up starting too soon, and/or their husbands are not as able to keep it up as they used to be and so he can't perform right in the most fertile time period (because he's already BD a whole, whole lot in a row). SMEP is better.

PLEASE just do SMEP.