PDA

View Full Version : Explaining thoughts

kt3274
August 29th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Hi all,

I am wanting to go HT for a girl. We have a beautiful son at home. I only want two children, so I want to make sure this one is a girl. My husband said that we can do it and he just wants to make me happy. He's great. However, he keeps bringing up the fact and that we should just keep trying and everyone is bound to get a girl eventually. He's fine with having more than two children and letting God take its course. But I know I only want two. That's all I can handle physically and emotionally. I don't want to keep having more children than I really want. How do I explain to him that I really just want to do this and then stop at two? What do I say to explain how important it is to me and how I think it's the right thing to do, in my case? He's very supportive, but I want him to truly understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
August 29th, 2016, 12:34 PM
If what you want is a guarantee, PGD is the only way to get it. You have options with extra embryos(if there are any) and you can even choose to freeze and transfer those later if you decide you do want more children at some point or you may donate them to another couple.

You can have 10 children and they all be boys or you could have a girl next. There is simply no way to know and only you know what the right size family is for you.

BrightSky
August 30th, 2016, 08:30 AM
If your absolute limit is 2 and u have your heart set on a girl and can afford HT, I say go for it. Like nuthinbutpink says, you could have 10 boys in a row or get a girl next, that's the chance u take. Even if u do HT for your next, there's nothing stopping u from having more if u change your mind later on :)

Mamablues1
September 25th, 2016, 09:09 PM
same situation here. Only 2 cause of health issues, i could have 3 but i only want 2 really. My dh is also ok with the HT route, but he would also suggest we tried naturally. So i sat with him one day and told him, i only want 2 kids and there is no way i will have two boys with honest tears in my eyes. I say to this day, if i cant have a girl with HT, im done with babies. Good luck!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thinkpink1718
February 19th, 2017, 11:33 PM
so what was the outcome, did you decide to do HT? I'm in the same situation btw

boyshopping
February 22nd, 2017, 01:11 PM
hi ladies,
I too am in a similar situation - except I already have two of the same gender. Still thinking about what to do...
but just wanted to let ya'll know I'm in the same boat.