PDA

View Full Version : Pos OPK......eeeeeeek!

1moregirl
September 4th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Hi ladies. So I'm onto CD 15 today and have gotten my first positive Ovuplan OPK test strip. Funny thing is, I used this morning's first urine sample and did one of my dodgy online OPK tests and it was a definite negative (squinter of a second line so def neg) and then I went out and bought the Ovuplan chemist ones and tested with the same fmu sample and got a definite positive (line is definitely darker than control line). What do you make of that? I think I should just pitch the dodgy ones in the bin as they are clearly useless. So it looks like DH and I will need to get busy tonight and things have been a bit tense between us lately. Maybe this will help that. Wish me luck! :)

Kelbear
September 5th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Good luck 1moregirl, I hope this is your month. I am relatively new to opks but I would trust the ovuplan over the internet cheapie. Now I am doubting if relying on my internet cheapies was a good idea, I think next month a will fork out for the more expensive chemist ones and do a comparison as you have done. Do you normally get any other signs of impending ovulation eg. EWCM or do you normally O at the same time each month? This might help confirm for you if the opk is likely correct or you could test again this arvo to be sure but BD tonight sounds like a good plan to me.

1moregirl
September 5th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Good luck 1moregirl, I hope this is your month. I am relatively new to opks but I would trust the ovuplan over the internet cheapie. Now I am doubting if relying on my internet cheapies was a good idea, I think next month a will fork out for the more expensive chemist ones and do a comparison as you have done. Do you normally get any other signs of impending ovulation eg. EWCM or do you normally O at the same time each month? This might help confirm for you if the opk is likely correct or you could test again this arvo to be sure but BD tonight sounds like a good plan to me.

Thanks kelbear. I don't always O on the same cycle day each month, but it is usually CD 17 or 18, but I have had it as late as CD 20. The Ovuplan brand OPK tests are great as you get 10 OPK tests in the kit and they are reliable and easy to use and you get one HPT in the kit as well. I have had a bit of EWCM but not as much as I usually get. I really hope I do get a BFP this cycle. Yesterday I cracked an egg for my lunch and got a double yolk inside (have never gotten one of these before), plus we have a pair of pigeons nesting in our backyard and sitting on a nest with two tiny sweet little white eggs in it. Maybe I'll get a BFP with twins? Lol! Scary thought! Anyway, we are going to try for SMEP again this cycle so will be commencing this tonight.BD tonight and the next two nights as well, skipping one night, and then BD one more time the night after that. I really hope it works And is successful.

Girlieplease
September 5th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Good luck, I also have some of those Internet cheapies and I have never gotten a positive on them, even when other systems, cb fertility monitor and cb digital ovulation sticks, showed I was ovulating. Good luck and pink dust x

Katt2275
September 5th, 2016, 04:19 AM
Hi ladies. So I'm onto CD 15 today and have gotten my first positive Ovuplan OPK test strip. Funny thing is, I used this morning's first urine sample and did one of my dodgy online OPK tests and it was a definite negative (squinter of a second line so def neg) and then I went out and bought the Ovuplan chemist ones and tested with the same fmu sample and got a definite positive (line is definitely darker than control line). What do you make of that? I think I should just pitch the dodgy ones in the bin as they are clearly useless. So it looks like DH and I will need to get busy tonight and things have been a bit tense between us lately. Maybe this will help that. Wish me luck! :)

Good luck and baby dust to you!

squigglepink
September 5th, 2016, 04:43 AM
I would say this is your night!!! :) Good luck and keep us posted xx

Kelbear
September 5th, 2016, 04:54 AM
I have some internet cheapie opks and have also never got a positive with them (according to instructions) but after using them for 3 months and taking notice of cm as well have worked out that I think they are positive when the rest line is nearly the same colour as the control line. I have tested 3 times a day and the day after it is nearly the same colour it gets lighter again and then the next day my cm dries up (tmi sorry). Unless I haven't ovulated in the last three months which I doubt as I have had a period every month. Next month I think I will try more expensive opk as well just in case I am missing O with the cheapies. Fingers crossed for you 1moregirl ��

Pbn3
September 5th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Hi 1moregirl. Just letting you know that fmu should really only be used with opks for the digi's that specify to use it. It's not recommended for ovuplan opks and other dip opk test strips. Hope it truly is your positive but would recommend using a urine sample (try to restrict fluids for 2 hours prior to testing) from between 11am - 3pm in future just to be sure.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

kc15880
September 5th, 2016, 08:07 AM
I always had luck with cheap ebay opk testing at 5-6pm after fluid restricting in the afternoon. I also went by positive ovulation signs - cervix feel, ewm etc. I always saw really positive physical signs 1-2days before +opk. I hope that helps.

atomic sagebrush
September 5th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Most OPK are meant to be used after lunch and not FMU. Check the directions to be sure.

As a general rule I like you guys to go at the first positive of ANY brand. Do not wait for the tests to be in agreement as usually the most sensitive test will register first, and as we all know unfortunately there are some that will just never totally go positive.

1moregirl
September 5th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Thanks for that ladies. Well, last night didn't happen anyway. My DH has been quite distant and moody lately (and I've been feeling a bit lonely as a result as well, except for my beautiful children of course who always make me smile). Maybe tonight we will reconnect again and get a BD in. Thankyou for telling me about those tests. I must go and check now as did another this morning already and got a positive. So will test again this afternoon and take that one as a positive. I know O must be on its way becasue I woke up this morning with all those dreadful anxiety symptoms again. It was terrible. I get butterflies really bad, upset tummy, can't eat, a few trips to the loo with loose movements and thought I was going to throw up a few times too. I always seem to get this just before O time, yet I haven't had any noticeable EWCM just yet either. I also really need to try and get my parasite infection sorted out once and for all as well, because I often wonder if that wreaks havoc on my system. I have found a GE here in Melb who seems to have better treatment plans for people with parasites so am going to my GP today to get a referral to go and see him. I just want this this gone...am sick of chronic daily diarrhoea, bloating, gas, bouts of itchy rashly skin, itchy anus (sorry, tmi) and the bouts of anxiety. I've had this for years. Sorry for rambling. Not having a good day today. I wonder if I should just postpone ttc until I get this other business sorted out.

Pbn3
September 6th, 2016, 02:26 AM
Did you test this afternoon?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

1moregirl
September 7th, 2016, 02:21 AM
Hi ladies. This has turned into a dilemma. Just when I thought we were all good to go for SMEP, DH has been sick with a cold and cough and more tired than usual. Anyway, yesterday afternoon I did a second Ovuplan OPK test and got a positive result. But then when I hopped into bed last night DH was sound asleep already and I had a fit of anxiety (the anxiety started yesterday morning just out of the blue and I'm sure it happens sometimes just before I O) and couldn't go through with a BD attempt...needless to say I tossed and turned all night long and barely slept a wink. This morning at around 5.30 I sidled up to hubby in bed for cuddles and told him I'd missed him and we ended up BDing then. What do I do know? This afternoon I got a blazingly positive OPK (like second line WAY darker than control line) and have had EWCM again. FF has marked crossroad for today as being O today, as it is either my second or third day of pos OPK. What do I do? Do we now skip tonight and BD tomorrow night (just in case I don't O til tomorrow)? Or just leave it at this morning's attempt? Here is a pic of my chart too.

1moregirl
September 7th, 2016, 02:29 AM
The anxiety today and yesterday has been awful. Atomic - was it you Hun that said you sometimes have anxiety around time of O? This morning and yesterday morning I couldn't eat anything until lunch time and even dry-reached a few times in the kitchen as though I was going to vomit whilst getting the kids their breakfast and school lunches organised. Just anxious feelings and panic attack typed feelings. I also have to go to the toilet with loose bowels maybe 3 or 4 times in the mornings. I have had a lot more stress going on too recently which may have exacerbated it but otherwise, I don't know where it comes from or why, especially since I am on an antidepressant already and take it regularly each morning. I hate it! I was even in tears this morning for a bit about it. Things have been tense between myself and DH (don't know why, he has been unwell and just tired and distant so it makes me feel lonely), I have a 16 year old dog who needs a heart medication (which he hasn't had for a week now because we don't have the money), I've had a few unexpected bills come up.....I think it's all just gotten on top of me. Sorry for rambling on, I just have limited people I can talk to about this because many people just don't understand. They would tell me to just 'get on with it and forget about it,' which I totally do and would if I had control of it. It must be down to hormones then becasue I don't know what else could be causing it. But I hate it, and I often wish I could be more like others around me who seem to have it all so 'together' and don't suffer from any emotional disorders. :(

MrsGoodies
September 7th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Did you get a +opk on the cheapie test also? I think the first opk was a false + or gearing up to surge. It happens to me sometimes one will be + or look close but the others are way off and then he true surge happens a day or two later.

I would get in as many BD as you can bc you are only having 1 bd in so far...but if it doesnt work out bc DH is sick then it doesnt .....

However, i dont think you need to be anxious around O bc the odds are strongly that you wont get pg from it....just look how many cycles you bd right bang on top of O and nothing. So just let it go and have fun :)

1moregirl
September 7th, 2016, 07:36 PM
I know MrsG, but I'm sure this anxiety is due to hormones. I have woken up this morning pretty much back to my normal self...without that awful anxious feeling. Strange...and I don't get it all the time. I did have bad cramping and O pains yesterday afternoon that lasted into the evening night as well and just decided not to BD last night as well as that may have been heading into boy sway territory. Will BD again tonight though, just in case I hadn't Oed and it was late. Plus I just finished today's OPK test and it's another positive so FF has moved my O til today. I will defintiely get another Bd in tonight now and just hope for the best. Next month/cycle I will definitely go back to SMEP. No matter how much anxiety I get I don't want to have any regrets. Here's a pic of today's test.

1moregirl
September 7th, 2016, 07:46 PM
How many hours after your last OPK pos test should you O? If only we knew for sure.....if we BD tonight it could be too late couldn't it? Oh wel...I'm not going to stress about it. Given that horrendous anxiety I've had the last 2 days, I've done the best that I could do this cycle.

MrsGoodies
September 8th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Is that the test or the control line?

The line is very dark!

0 usually happens 24-36 hr after +opk.

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Yes I have a severe mood alteration around O, usually after but sometimes it starts the day before or the day of and goes for about 3-5 days. it's a very drastic shift in my mood.

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2016, 05:41 PM
How many hours after your last OPK pos test should you O? If only we knew for sure.....if we BD tonight it could be too late couldn't it? Oh wel...I'm not going to stress about it. Given that horrendous anxiety I've had the last 2 days, I've done the best that I could do this cycle.

None of us can truly answer this question and what I do know is that if you can BD, you should BD because you never know when O can be delayed.

1moregirl
September 8th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Thanks Atomic. Do you have those mood alterations around O every cycle or just sometimes? I don't seem to have it every cycle but when I do, like this time....it was awful. Just terrifying! My biggest fear is that it's going to get worse the closer to menopause I get. :( Anyway, since yesterday I was feeling back to my usual self, we did get a BD in last night. And probably will again tonight as well just in case O gets delayed or something. I've still had a bit of wetness down yonder so who knows? Yet the ph of it this morning was lower than it was last night when I took it so maybe O has already occurred now. OMG! Just did another test this morning (not first morning urine) and it's still bloody positive. Holy crap! How long is this going to go on for? It makes me worried that I'm not going to O at all or I have some sore of hormonal imbalance going on that's causing my anxiety and the delayed O? Or, maybe just the anxiety I had has delayed O? Either way, this is a right pain in the arse. Now I have had 5 days in a row of positive OPKs. Should I be worried? I'm trying hard not to freak out but I just feel like crying.

1moregirl
September 8th, 2016, 07:31 PM
I only have one more OPK test left but will use it this afternoon and see if there is a difference. This is soooo frustrating.

1moregirl
September 8th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Also, the strangest things have been happening lately. Last weekend we discovered a gorgeous little nest in our backyard with 2 perfect little white eggs in it (from a pair of pigeons that we have residing in our yard) and also, in the last week or just over a week, I have cracked open 2 eggs with double yolks in them. One last weekend and another a few days later. I'm a little freaked out about this and feel like it's some sort of sign. I have never cracked a double Yolk egg before in my life. I'm not usually a superstitious person but 2 of these double yolk eggs in the kitchen and two little eggs in a nest in the backyard? WTH? Would anyone else be wondering if this means something?

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2016, 05:01 PM
I am off my game about a week after O every month to a greater or lesser extent and have been dating back at least 2 decades.

I would not worry about the days of positive OPK. My suspicion is that you may have gotten so anxious it was delayed (this does happen sometimes) so you surged a couple times back to back. It's also something that people do report sometimes when swaying and we don't really know if it has to do with swaying, or TTC, or is just something that happens sometimes.

I think the eggs are very cool!! I do feel like I get signs sometimes too but funnily I"m always scared to act on them fearing that they are misleading in some way. :p