PDA

View Full Version : Sway for pink questions

Debahlgrim
September 8th, 2016, 10:08 AM
1. My hubby and I have colds. Is this good for TTC girl or is it because of the antihistimines taken when someone is sick?

2. Yesterday morning and evening and this morning the OPK line seems to be as dark- maybe a little tiny bit lighter. Is that the surge or is it on the way up? I tend to O late. I'm on CD 15 today.

3. Should we go for 0+12 for the heck of it? Or just wait until I can exercise more and lose more weight?

GirlieCat
September 8th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Colds as said to sway pink but not sure why and not very much. OPKs are sensitive. For a true positive it should be as dark as the control line. Slightly lighter may mean you are close to a positive OR you missed the serge and it just passed. O +12 is not recommended at all on this site- for any sway. For one attempt in your fertility window (for pink), you should have your attempt the day you get your positive OPK not when you expect to O. LE diet is best when on for 12 weeks. It is not just about the weight loss, it is about the diet limits as a whole but if have weight to lose it is a definite plus. If you care more about getting pregnant than having a girl then go for it. If you really want a girl- wait till up you have been on the LE diet for at least a little while.

GirlieCat
September 8th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Atomic's article on NO O+12

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/35539-no-12-a.html

Debahlgrim
September 8th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Colds as said to sway pink but not sure why and not very much. OPKs are sensitive. For a true positive it should be as dark as the control line. Slightly lighter may mean you are close to a positive OR you missed the serge and it just passed. O +12 is not recommended at all on this site- for any sway. For one attempt in your fertility window (for pink), you should have your attempt the day you get your positive OPK not when you expect to O. LE diet is best when on for 12 weeks. It is not just about the weight loss, it is about the diet limits as a whole but if have weight to lose it is a definite plus. If you care more about getting pregnant than having a girl then go for it. If you really want a girl- wait till up you have been on the LE diet for at least a little while.

Thank you so much for replying! I have been on weight watchers and losing weight since June. I lost about 10 pounds the first six weeks and then August I held steady and now I'm back to it. It's a low cal diet- about 1500 calories a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxtrotmama
September 8th, 2016, 11:01 AM
There's a decent chance you are close to or within the limits for the LE diet doing weight watchers. Are you taking any supplements or anything?

GirlieCat
September 8th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome. I would check your WW diet with the LE diet limits. It is not just low calorie. I know when I have gone on "diets" in the past they focus on high protein but the LE is lower protein limits and lower fat. Weight loss is great for girl though, but it is not just about that so don't get too wrapped around it.

You said you were taking other vitamins too and they sway strong blue so if I was you I would stop the vitamins and wait if you really want girl. When I found this site I was on tons of vitamins (including a multi vitamin prenatal) thinking that is what I should be doing for TTC. Once I saw that vitamins swayed so boy I dropped them all and bought a folic acid only pill.

It is totally your call to try or not this cycle. I know the info on this site can feel overwhelming and can make you have to unlearn things other sites or the Internet say. Just remember this site takes their advice off true science research and off what has been proven to work or not work for thousands of woman. You got this!!!

Debahlgrim
September 8th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome. I would check your WW diet with the LE diet limits. It is not just low calorie. I know when I have gone on "diets" in the past they focus on high protein but the LE is lower protein limits and lower fat. Weight loss is great for girl though, but it is not just about that so don't get too wrapped around it.

You said you were taking other vitamins too and they sway strong blue so if I was you I would stop the vitamins and wait if you really want girl. When I found this site I was on tons of vitamins (including a multi vitamin prenatal) thinking that is what I should be doing for TTC. Once I saw that vitamins swayed so boy I dropped them all and bought a folic acid only pill and took a cycle off TTC to give the vitamins time to get out of my system a bit and to get going on the LE. For me the time off was more worth it because even though I really wanted to be pregnant, it felt more important to increase my sway for girl.

It is totally your call to try or not this cycle. I know the info on this site can feel overwhelming and can make you have to unlearn things other sites or the Internet say. Just remember this site takes their advice off true science research and off what has been proven to work or not work for thousands of woman. You got this!!!

I cross checked the WW diet with LE and everything is within the limits! Yay! I wasn't taking any vitamins at all- prenatal every once in a while when I remembered. Then I took Mag/Cal for two days but stopped lol. Now I'm just taking folic acid.

So I'm thinking new plan... Continue with WW, work out cardio 5 days a week for at least an hour. I'm thinking I will try in a month next cycle with abstinence and one shot 2 days before O. Do you think that the timing is ok? To try 4 weeks from now?

GirlieCat
September 8th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Awesome that WW is the same!! That means you already have a good amount of time under your belt.

Haha- I thought you were on the Mag/cal for a while, two days is nothing.

One attempt in the fertility window is what is important so it is not the actually timing of two days before O that matters but if that is how you want to plan it, that is good. It is still good though 3 before or 1 before or 12h before, just as long as it is one attempt. Hoping you get your BFP first try!!

Debahlgrim
September 8th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Thank you so much for your time and insight! I just had a 60min cardio workout! I really want this girl so I don't look back and say "I wish I had done this or that"

It's so hard to be patient isn't it?

foxtrotmama
September 8th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Pinning down ovulation in advance is unreliable, especially when swaying since it can change your cycle. I don't put any stock in timing/cut offs at all, so I would do one attempt at a positive OPK. I would be worried about Oing late and missing it.

Debahlgrim
September 8th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Pinning down ovulation in advance is unreliable, especially when swaying since it can change your cycle. I don't put any stock in timing/cut offs at all, so I would do one attempt at a positive OPK. I would be worried about Oing late and missing it.

So the cervical mucus doesn't matter? Isn't the CM too nice for boy sperms closer to O?

Debahlgrim
September 8th, 2016, 04:55 PM
And how important is the coffee/alcohol aspect of the diet? I never ever drink coffee and very rarely drink alcohol but I can add a glass of wine if it will help sway pink!

Debahlgrim
September 9th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Third question after reading and reading and reading... Should I have DH do anything? Diet? He wears boxer briefs. Should he be doing cardio? How long before TTC should he do hot baths?

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2016, 02:21 PM
1) Being sick may help sway pink.

2)No one can tell that based on the lines, I'm sorry. They just aren't that specific.

3)I personally think O+12 does nothing whereas we know time on diet and exercise does. I would hate for anyone to TTC aiming at O+12 without enough time on diet and exercise and count on O+12 to help them, versus waiting an extra month in order to have enough time on diet/exercise. That is trading something that does nothing, in exchange for the best odds of swaying that there is (long enough on diet and also exercise)

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2016, 02:24 PM
There's a decent chance you are close to or within the limits for the LE diet doing weight watchers. Are you taking any supplements or anything?

:agree: If you;ve been on WW that does count as time on diet if you want to base it on that.

But still O+12 is not effective, so if it's a question of exercise vs. O+12 I'd stick it out for the exercise.

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Thank you so much for your time and insight! I just had a 60min cardio workout! I really want this girl so I don't look back and say "I wish I had done this or that"

It's so hard to be patient isn't it?

Deb if I recall properly from another thread, you did have a fair amount of weight to spare and some tendencies towards PCO?? (long cycles, right?) in that case I would have had you do ANY exercise you could, even just moderate, because the benefits to your blood sugar and weight loss would have outweighed any possible blue sway from moderate exercise. So that's not as much of a dealbreaker as it might have been otherwise.

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
So the cervical mucus doesn't matter? Isn't the CM too nice for boy sperms closer to O?

We have studies done by scientists, the latest one in May of this year, using the best of the best technology available that show that timing does absolutely nothing for swaying with 50-50 boys and girls conceived every day of the fertile window. In fact, some timing studies have actually shown a tiny bump for pink of about .5-1% on O-1 and O Day (and I believe this has nothing to do with timing, but is a result of less fertile people only being able to get pregnant with sex shortly before O and not days in advance; since lower fertility may indicate that a couple is more pink friendly this is probably what is going on with this)

All the theoretical explanations about CM and this that the other thing don't stack up given the fact that 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every day of the fertile window. It just doesn't work and most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites to show for our timing efforts. :/

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Third question after reading and reading and reading... Should I have DH do anything? Diet? He wears boxer briefs. Should he be doing cardio? How long before TTC should he do hot baths?

I'm going to put all this stuff in your sway plan, Deb.

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2016, 02:35 PM

Debahlgrim
September 13th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Deb if I recall properly from another thread, you did have a fair amount of weight to spare and some tendencies towards PCO?? (long cycles, right?) in that case I would have had you do ANY exercise you could, even just moderate, because the benefits to your blood sugar and weight loss would have outweighed any possible blue sway from moderate exercise. So that's not as much of a dealbreaker as it might have been otherwise.

Thank you for answering a bunch of the questions that have been swimming around in my head. I can't wait to get my personalized plan!! :) And the coach!!

I have been doing an hour of cardio everyday and I love it! It has been much needed "me" time and I am feeling great about it! I'm on day 6 in a row. I think I'm losing about 2 pounds a week and with this added exercise probably more. Im a little worried about my hormone levels but I just had my blood drawn and I will talk to doc about it tomorrow. I have a lot of hair on my face that's probably genetic but it's worth looking into.

My cycles have been weird- 26 days long and periods are really heavy for 1-2 days and then done! They used to be 5 solid days. I still seem to be ovulating around day 15.

I'm also worried because June and July were great WW months but I slacked a little for 3ish weeks in August. It was still way better than I was eating pre WW but I don't want to jump the gun and TTC too early. I'm thinking cycle after this one coming up so I will have 8 straight weeks of cardio by then. Although, if we start TTC next month then I will be actively losing weight. I don't know...

Debahlgrim
September 13th, 2016, 04:33 PM

Yeah I finally decided to get a plan! Haha. I had/have so many questions and I want to do this right! Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Thank you!! It should be to you soon.