PDA

View Full Version : New here and have a deadline!

Jonesing4Pink
September 8th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Hi, ladies!!! I'm a new member but I've lurked here on and off for a long, long, long time soaking up everyone's advice and experiences with their girl sways. A short bit about me, I'm 33 and have a 7 year old son. I have pretty crazy PCOS with testosterone dominance (but did not have trouble getting pregnant in the past). I would absolutely LOVE to have a little girl but I'm wondering if I even have a chance with the PCOS issues. I would like to start TTC in 2 months. Any thoughts or recommendations for me? I lost a ton of weight last year (well over 100 pounds) so I'm not currently obese, but I'm going to aim to lose 20-30 pounds in the next 2 months. I'll also add cardio (I'm normally not an exerciser!). I'm planning to take vitex, spearmint tea/capsules, omega3, magnesium. I'll drink lots of CL and use rephresh when the time comes. Not totally sure what I should do with diet yet. What other recommendations do people have? Do I have a reasonable chance of ever having my girl?? I'm going into this knowing I'm a really tough case with these hormonal issues and I could use all the help I can get! Thanks so much!

foxtrotmama
September 8th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Information about the diet recommended for PCOS can be found here:
LE Diet for PCOS (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/47264-le-diet-pcos.html)

The diet gets the best results if you've been on it for 12 weeks, but if you've been losing weight you might be doing pretty well to begin with.

Swayers here don't tend to do calcium or magnesium, or set much store by pH theories (rephresh).

Coffee, fibre supplements, alcohol, the cardio (60 min 5-6 times a week), LE diet, and either attempts every four days or one attempt at your first OPK are things many of us are trying.

Jonesing4Pink
September 8th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Thank you! I forgot about that giant PCOS post!

Girlieplease
September 8th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Welcome, we have lost a similar amount of weight. Congratulations. I hope losing that much weight will have really increased my chances, though my cycles went wacky so I put on a wee bit of weight in past three weeks. You always have a shot at pink by doing nothing so I think yours odds are good, would you think if adding coffee and alcohol? Good luck to you and pink dust. I have a dd already but hoping to give her a sister, I have two boys as well. I am testing tomorrow, I have had really short lp past few months between 7 - 9 days, am 13, nearly 14 dpo and temps are still up so we shall see what tomorrow brings! X

Jonesing4Pink
September 8th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Aw, pink dust to you too! And congrats on your weight loss, it's not easy, for sure! What do coffee and alcohol do for the sway? I was thinking caffeine/coffee swayed boy. I'm all for coffee if it's pink!

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Aw, pink dust to you too! And congrats on your weight loss, it's not easy, for sure! What do coffee and alcohol do for the sway? I was thinking caffeine/coffee swayed boy. I'm all for coffee if it's pink!

hi and welcome, yes I'd do the alternate PCOS diet for sure.

The old school swayers claimed coffee swayed blue but their reasoning was biologically impossible and has been totally debunked by modern research. Our results show it's swaying pink and I recommend it.

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2016, 06:07 PM
We don't totally know what coffee or alcohol is doing. I find people get so hung up on speculation and theories that we stop just doing what is working for people. For reasons we don't totally understand, coffee and alcohol are getting good results for us (great results!)

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2016, 06:08 PM
I also wanted to reassure you that our results for PCOS swayers are outstanding!

Definitely exercise, that will be key for you.

If your PCOS is that severe I would recommend cinnamon and/or inositol as sway additions.

Jonesing4Pink
September 8th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Ah, thanks for all that great info! I'll take a look at the alternate diet again. I remember thinking LE wouldn't be good for me. How much coffee and alcohol are you seeing those good results from? Like 1-2 cups a day? Alcohol... any particular type and quantity you'd recommend yet? I'm off to search the boards for info on that too. THANK YOU! Super helpful. And encouraging.

Jonesing4Pink
September 8th, 2016, 07:51 PM
We don't totally know what coffee or alcohol is doing. I find people get so hung up on speculation and theories that we stop just doing what is working for people. For reasons we don't totally understand, coffee and alcohol are getting good results for us (great results!)

Details on alcohol... one drink with meals? What kind? Do I need to do that the whole time or just before and around O time?

Kelbear
September 8th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Hi and good luck with your sway. Atomic may correct me as I haven't had time to read back through all the posts and stats but I think I remember reading a post about coffee that said 3 cups per day (but also think I read something in pcos link that caffeine isn't good if you have pcos so maybe double check that link first).
If I remember correctly spirits and white wine are better than red wine (less micronutrients) but I don't think it matters too much which type of alcohol and it is better if you drink the alcohol with your meal otherwise it counts as a snack. 1-2 glasses is ok. I think most who decide to drink alcohol either do it from AF to o then stop during the 2ww if they prefer or if you want you can keep drinking a glass or two during the 2ww if you are comfortable doing this.

GirlieCat
September 8th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Jonesing are you seeing a doctor? I have high testosterone too so my doc put me on Metformin and I love it. It has helped my cycles, my moods, my skin and more so I can only assume it is helping lower my T levels (going back for blood work next month if I don't get my BFP this month).

Jonesing4Pink
September 9th, 2016, 10:29 AM
What kind of doctor would you suggest to talk to? OB/GYN or endo?

foxtrotmama
September 9th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Do you have a family doctor? I would ask who they think you should be referred to.

GirlieCat
September 9th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Either doctor can help. What doctor has done your blood work in the past to tell you that you have high T counts? My OBGYN did my blood work for my PCOS work up and she immediately gave me the Metformin when the results came in. At the time I hadn't even heard of it. I was hoping the blood work would get me clomid, but that came a few months later. I am so thankful that she put me on the Met because I was losing my mind being off birth control and having my hormones all over the place. The met calms me down and keeps my hormones in check (so I think based off how I feel so much better).

GirlieCat
September 9th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I should mention it is usually given for insulin resistance which often goes hand in hand with PCOS but blood work showed I don't have IR and I am not overweight, but the Met can regulate your hormones even without IR so doc gave told me to take it.

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Ah, thanks for all that great info! I'll take a look at the alternate diet again. I remember thinking LE wouldn't be good for me. How much coffee and alcohol are you seeing those good results from? Like 1-2 cups a day? Alcohol... any particular type and quantity you'd recommend yet? I'm off to search the boards for info on that too. THANK YOU! Super helpful. And encouraging.

Anything more than what you were doing. It doesn't have to be comparable to anyone else, just you yourself.

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Jonesing are you seeing a doctor? I have high testosterone too so my doc put me on Metformin and I love it. It has helped my cycles, my moods, my skin and more so I can only assume it is helping lower my T levels (going back for blood work next month if I don't get my BFP this month).

There are medical solutions to high T like metformin, spirolactone, and Clomid or Femara so yes yes I def. suggest talking to your doc as this is something they are great at helping people with. :)

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Details on alcohol... one drink with meals? What kind? Do I need to do that the whole time or just before and around O time?

These are honestly questions we don't totally know the answers to. Most people are doing 1-2 drinks a day, with meals, but some people have had it in between. On paper, I think it ought to be with a meal, but at the same time I did sometimes have it while I was cooking dinner, for example, or an hour or two after dinner. We jsut don't know how it all works and so a lot of this is taking shots in the dark, and I urge you to first and foremost do what helps you stick to the diet most of the time, if that makes sense.

We have had both people doing alcohol only around O and also those who had it month(s) in advance and seem to have had success both ways. again, just not something that we yet have the body of data to know for sure.