PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick

Bee Shine
January 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
six weeks tomorrow and morning sickness has kicked in. I feel so icky today and have thrown up once. I had this sickness with my first 2 as well and it lasted until about 16 weeks. So 10 weeks of this to go. Its so miserable. I am really happy to be pregnant but I cant say I enjoy the pregnancy time. I am sick, bloated, have heartburn and reflux....

Right now I am dying of the thirst but my stomach feels to terrible the thought of drinking anything makes me feel sick.

Liv
January 10th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Sorry to hear you are sick. Call your doc to see if you can get some zofran. It's important to keep hydrated so try a slowly sip some water. Take care and try to get plenty of rest.

nuthinbutpink
January 10th, 2011, 07:51 AM
The progesterone and or estrace supplementation seemed to make it worse for me with DS. He was the only one that made me feel sick. At 12 weeks, when I stopped those, the sickness went away.

Bee Shine
January 10th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Well I was sick for my first 2 boys so this really isn't any surprise but it has started much earlier. I do have a call in for some zofran. I took that with my other too and also had a Rx for phenergan (spelling?). But it makes me so tired and zofran makes me constipated. I cant win!

We have our apt today and another u/s to see if there are 2 in there!

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2011, 01:55 PM
This sounds crazy, but Jolly Ranchers are very helpful for morning sickness. Pop one in your mouth before you even get out of bed and just suck them all day long if necessary, they really help. Something about the tartness.

Bee Shine
January 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Im still feeling terrible. Ive never liked being pregnant. I am so thankful that I am, but doesnt mean I have to like it. I am so gassy and bloated, constipated and have been throwing up. :(

nuthinbutpink
January 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Yuck! I think twins makes it harder too. When do you get to have another u/s? Are you released to you OB yet?

Orchid
January 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Morning sickness is the worst thing ever. Zofran did wonders for me.

Bee Shine
January 26th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately i dont find that zofran really helps me all that much. gah!

MatildaMai
January 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
When I was in the US recently I bought these things Dr Lin told me about called Relief Bands for motion sickness. They are FDA approved (though you are supposed to get a script to use them if pregnant) but I just ordered it on the internet. It works like the usual sea sickness bands that you wear on your wrist, but instead of just resting on the acupressure points these ones have magnets and use a watch battery to emit small electrical pulses on the acupuncture point. I found that normal sea sickness bands take the edge of the worst of the vomiting for me but not enough to keep me out of hospital..... Hoping these work better. Are expensive ($289) but I'd pay 10 times that to make those 7 weeks (between 6wks and 13wks) bearable.

The other thing I am going to try is Ze Su Yi - its a chinese leafy herb you make tea out of and its supposed to work wonders. I figure it can't hurt to try. I am on a countdown now - I reckon I've got about 10 days before the sickness hits.

Bee Shine
February 5th, 2011, 09:20 PM
When I was in the US recently I bought these things Dr Lin told me about called Relief Bands for motion sickness. They are FDA approved (though you are supposed to get a script to use them if pregnant) but I just ordered it on the internet. It works like the usual sea sickness bands that you wear on your wrist, but instead of just resting on the acupressure points these ones have magnets and use a watch battery to emit small electrical pulses on the acupuncture point. I found that normal sea sickness bands take the edge of the worst of the vomiting for me but not enough to keep me out of hospital..... Hoping these work better. Are expensive ($289) but I'd pay 10 times that to make those 7 weeks (between 6wks and 13wks) bearable.

The other thing I am going to try is Ze Su Yi - its a chinese leafy herb you make tea out of and its supposed to work wonders. I figure it can't hurt to try. I am on a countdown now - I reckon I've got about 10 days before the sickness hits.

where do I get this!?

Aqua
March 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM
ugh! The sick feeling strikes me sharp at 4 pm everyday and lasts for 5 hrs. Thats when I have to get dinner rolling and pack luches etc. I feel nauseated, extemely tired, icky and jsut dont feel like doing anything. Only today it hit me early like 11. I was in a meeting and I thought I smelled alcohol and felt so yuk! I whispered to the collegue next to me if she smelled it too and she seemed shocked by my question..lol

I read ginger ale can work. I am sipping that right now and its ok. Def nothing magical about it.

fivecrazymonkeys
April 1st, 2011, 01:21 AM
Sorry to hear you are so ill.I get extreme morning sickness the whole 9 months so I empathise. All that sometimes helps me is to sip plain soda water,rest when you can (hard to do with other kids) & coca cola helps too sometimes.The bands didnt help me but I hope they can help you.