PDA

View Full Version : couple of ?? about ttc a girl

mommato5boys
October 1st, 2011, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty new at this and didn't know too much about swaying until about a month ago. I've read you should start the diet and supplements a minimum of 6 weeks before ttc. DH and I are trying this month. Will doing some of the swaying factors even make a difference this close to ttc? I started drinking cl, cut out breakfast and limiting calories and fat last week and have lost 3.5 lbs. I'm on cycle day 7 and am hoping that I'm not doing this in vain. The hardest part of the diet for me is cutting out meat. We are all big meat eaters in my house and it's hard to make a meal for DH and my 5 boys but them fix something else for myself. I've had a few days that were meat free but I did have a small amount on others. Will this totally screw it up for me? And I've gone over my salt limit a little but again I took in a lot before the diet. Will cutting back a lot on meat and salt help or is it more of an all or nothing thing? I'm great at watching calories and fat. I've stayed in the 1,500-1,700 range every day. Am I a lost cause??

jennaesue
October 1st, 2011, 10:05 PM
I have been reading about swaying for a long time, but I am just now planning my first real swaying attempt, so I'm definitely not an authority on the subject. I think what you are doing will help - and maybe you could add in some other factors like timing, douching, rpHresh, spermicide, etc. Or you could put off your attempt until you have been on the diet longer. Are you taking any supplements? You might want to consider starting those if you haven't already. Good luck!

KnockYourBallsOff
October 1st, 2011, 10:30 PM
I think that Atomic says time and time again in her posts that it's not necessarily failed if you don't do EVERYTHING. Even just a little bit will hopefully tip your chances for pink, ya know?

I think that what you're doing sounds like good changes and losing that 3.5 pounds is GREAT! If you stick with it, you could lose 1 more pound before O. Good luck!

pinkdreams
October 1st, 2011, 10:34 PM
have you checked your PH level? I would try to find out what range that is. If that is in the 4's already then with some other modifications I would feel more comfortable thinking about giving it a go. I could not completely cut out meat either, but completely eliminated red meat (for DH as well during the 2 weeks before O) and did still eat chicken. If I made dinner for the family that I couldn't eat, like something with tomato sauce etc.. I would just have yogurt and some white rice with milk and equal added to it, which I actually find delicious and a big glass of milk, or some plain cheese ravioli. If I made them pasta with sauce I would just have some of the pasta with salt free butter and a bit of garlic. I actually cut sodium down in my household in general because when I realized how much we were eating it was pretty surprising. I didn't go crazy with the diet but did the best I could. I found that the aspartame for me was very effective and put it in everything I could, yogurt, peppermint tea and my coffee etc... I am in my 2WW now and today id the first day I haven't had any and my my PH is already up from a 4.4 to a 5.6. I was focused on lowering my testosterone level so I drank a lot of peppermint tea and used lavender products out the wazoo ;) Best of luck to you!!

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Absolutely, doing SOME things will def. help. pH and blood sugar levels are both corrected quickly. The CL and weight loss will help with pH and the skipping breakfast and weight loss will help with blood sugar.

The thing that takes the longest to change is testosterone and estrogen levels. That's also where the meat comes in because eating meat feeds your muscles and provides the raw materials for your body to make test. and est. from. Cut back on meat as much as you can but if you can't cut it out completely, switch to white meat chicken/turkey ONLY (no red meats, dark meat poultry, or pork, and also no eggs) And if you can't do that either, it's ok. I promise you that there are millions, even billions of women who have conceived baby girls eating meat now and then. It's not ideal and I don't think it's the best sway but swaying has to fit into your life and not BECOME your life.

Honestly, I'm not at all convinced that sodium intake matters much if at all. Humans have an unlimited taste for salt and eat it all the time throughout all cultures (as do ALL mammals BTW) and yet the gender ratio stays right around 50-50. The only reason I leave it in my Low Everything diet is that both the French Gender people and the Oxford study people found that moms who went onto conceive girls did eat less salt than moms who went on to conceive boys did, but that may just be a coincidence because whenever you eat more calories, you get more salt as a result. I figure since salt isn't healthy anyway, why not just cut back to 700-1000 mg to be on the safe side. But if you need to cheat, I think limiting salt should be the first thing that you drop.

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
I have been reading about swaying for a long time, but I am just now planning my first real swaying attempt, so I'm definitely not an authority on the subject. I think what you are doing will help - and maybe you could add in some other factors like timing, douching, rpHresh, spermicide, etc. Or you could put off your attempt until you have been on the diet longer. Are you taking any supplements? You might want to consider starting those if you haven't already. Good luck!

:agree: What you can do, mommato5, is do a very strict sway this month using jellies, antihistamine, jump and dump, cutoff timing, maybe even a tiny amount of spermicide, and just keep in the back of yoru mind that the odds are you won't conceive this month. But only IF you are comfortable in the knowledge that if you get an opposite, that you won't beat yourself up over it.

mommato5boys
October 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks so much for the advice! I tried checking my ph but the testing strips didn't work on my cm. I feel better about the meat part. We eat more chicken than beef so that will make it easier. I'm still going to try and eat as little as possible of that though as well. And the info on salt helps too. I'm still trying to limit it but not having to be as strict opens up more food possibilities. I'm 35 and DH is 38 so I'm not super comfortable with abstinence. So, we are doing the frequent release and I'm thinking about using a small amount of spermicide in the days leading up to O but not on our final attempt before O. DH and I are really fertile (I've been pregnant 7 times and got pregnant on the first try each time) and I'm thinking DH has a high sperm count so I think the spermicide would help. In the end, I want a healthy baby. I would LOVE a girl but I'll be okay with a boy too. I just figure that since this will be our last that I might as well take advantage of the info that's out there and try to sway the odds in favor of a girl. I really appreciate all the info! I was getting a headache trying to make sense of everything but this site has made it so much easier to understand!

ETA that I'm also taking fiber supplements so hoping that helps as well!

atomic sagebrush
October 3rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
Fiber supps will def. help. I think that is a great plan then and sounds like you've got the bases covered! Good luck to you!!