PDA

View Full Version : Recurring miscarriages HELP for a dear friend

djmommy
September 13th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Hi !
I am wondering if anyone can help give me any insight or offer any information. I have a dear friend who has been trying to get pregnant for over 3 years now. She is currently 41 years old. Has had 4 miscarriages in that time, one at 8 weeks, one at 4, and 2 at 10 weeks. All natural miscarriages. She currently has 3 children, last one was at 38. No issues getting pregnant. She did see an RE and had bloodwork and everything seemed to be fine. She is totally devastated that this happened again. Is there anything I can tell her to do? To ask for ? Testing? Should her DH get tested?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

djmommy
September 15th, 2016, 02:31 PM
BUMP!
Anyone?

The Anchor
September 15th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I am not trying to sound dire here, but chances of successful pregnancy after 40 are slim. I know this to be true. Her story sounds like mine, but in my case, hitting 40 was like turning off a switch.

BUT, hope is not lost. The fact that she is getting pregnant at all indicates DH sperm are doing the job. Egg quality could be the problem. I would suggest ubiquinol 200mg and folic acid 4g. GL and keep us posted.

djmommy
September 15th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Thanks for responding Anchor!! I will pass the info along. I hope you are doing well XO

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2016, 12:18 PM
In addition to what Anchor suggested I would also have her on a lower carb diet like the Zone or Perfect Health Diet where she's getting most of her carbs from healthy sources and also be sure she's having full fat dairy instead of skim.

It's not impossible to get pregnant at 41, after all I did it :p but it is more challenging and may require a level of patience that is really tough. It's that the eggs are just older and most of them are not good any more.. This doesn't mean it's necessarily impossible but that she has to have that patience to keep trying and wait for "Goldie the Golden Egg" and that is not easy when suffering recurrent losses.

I'm so sorry for everyone struggling with this. :(

djmommy
September 27th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Thank you Atomic! I will relay all of the info xo