PDA

View Full Version : Shoul we bd again tonigh?? Help please

ME MOM
September 17th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Hi to all the smart ladies of GDF!

I'm new but have been lurking for some time and appreciate all the wonderful advice, sharing and science -laden smartness around here!
I'm 34, DH is 36 with a 7 year old boy and 3.5 year old girl, with PCOS but no real trouble ttc in the past thanks to Vitex (pregnant in 1-2 months ttc).

I wasn't charting with my ds but with dd we bd'd on the 5th, 3rd and 2nd day prior to ovulating without attempting to sway. My opks were all negative that month!
I also had another pregnancy in between, we bd'd 6 days before O so I think DH has supersperm. This ended in a miscarriage though.

We now would love a girl again, I would NOT be heart broken with a boy but we both would be thrilled for a girl again.

I didn't know about LE before but many things I've been doing are very LE-like. I'm a vegetarian and heavy coffee drinker and these past weeks have been cutting sodium, drinking more aspartame (not tons though). I took MG+CA but stopped recently after catching up on stuff here. I've also upped soy intake.
I am a couch potato, no way can I add cardio to my schedule at the moment.
I've been skipping breakfast besides coffee (2-3 a day), cutting calories and know I'm not over 1500.
Since end of august I've been under lots of stress for diff. reasons..
I have lost 5 lbs in the past weeks. My bmi is 22.5.

My cycles are usually 24-25 days long with a 3-4 days of eggwhite, sometimes ovulatory spotting, O between CD11-CD13 and a 12 day luteal phase.

This month -
I am aiming for a bding once in my fertile zone - I'll add a pic of my chart. We bd'd the first positive opk which was CD9.
I took Zyrtec / Certizine all through my fertile CM days too and the day we bd'd I took it 5.5 hours before. We bd'd after we both had hot showers and I J+D after.
I also had red wine before and a couple evenings before. DH was abstaining 4 days. Regular boxers. I also painted my nails a lot this week + lavender body cream. Moon was waxing gibbous (though tonight it's full and I might be Oing today).

Temps have started to rise today above coverline and Im CD13. Yesterday CM turned from wet to sticky. Please see my chart.
I would love your smart input - am I doing ok?
I know you guys believe 1 time per fertile zone but should I add another bd??

Thanks so much!!

ME MOM
September 17th, 2016, 10:22 AM

this is my chart from yesterday, today temps above coverline

ANY insight is totally appreciated

squigglepink
September 17th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Hi there

I wont comment on your charting because ive never done one and dont know anything about it. I know it is recommended to BD at your FIRST positive opk and not the darkest. CD9 does sound a little early for a positive but not impossible of course. I have a 26 day cycle and i have never got a positive before CD12. Obviously we are not the same people :) and you know your body and i dont!! Have you kept on testing with OPK's since CD9?
Welcome to a great place and i hope you get all the feedback you need xx

ME MOM
September 17th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Thanks so much squigglepink for answering me!

My cycle is around 24-25, I usually ovulate on CD 12. Due to my temps going above my coverline today (cd13) I'm pretty sure I ovulated cd12 or maybe 11. My temps usually take a day or two to go up.
My first opk+ was cd 9 (day we bd'd) and had another darker one on cd10, after that all negative.
Fingers crossed and again thanks!

squigglepink
September 17th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Sounds like you are in with a great shot. Good luck! :)

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I answered this just now in your other post!! Still in with a good chance on CD 9 for CD 11 O.

ME MOM
September 18th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Atomic thanks so much for writing me!
This site has been amazing, I'm guessing you know what an impact you've made on so many families and women :)

Just so I understand things correctly do you mean a good chance of conception if I ovulated cd11 or for the sway?
My dd was conceived 6 days before ovulation, my fingers are crossed.

[QUOTE=atomic sagebrush;858914]

Another thing to do is just pick it up with the every 4 day method of unprotected sex after your first attempt at positive OPK. That probably wouldn't help much in this case because CD 9 was quite a long time ago

You are correct, since I either ovulated cd 11 or cd12 I guess e4d after opk+ wouldn't have helped. If I don't conceive this month I will see what I can do next month with your great suggestions. In the mean time I am not stopping my diet etc (vegetarian, coffee, calorie restriction etc.).

Thanks so much for everything! :awe:

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2016, 12:14 PM
1)I mean that an attempt on CD 9 would still have a chance of conception if you ovulated on CD 10, 11, or even 12. Beyond that it gets harder and harder. The odds of conceiving from a BD 6 days before O are vanishingly small, so if that happened once, it's very unlikely to happen again and I would strongly urge you not to attempt to recreate that.

Timing doesn't sway and has been thoroughly debunked.

2)The benefit of continuing with every 4 days after you THINK you ovulated is that many times you'll get a positive OPK that is a faker and then you will ovulate later on. Example, let's say you didn't actually O on CD 11-12. Your body thought about it but then decided not to. Then, let's say on CD 18 or CD 20 or even later, your body decides to O at that point (which happens all the time, esp. with swaying). If you continue with every 4 days after you think you Oed, then you're still going to be in with an attempt. Otherwise you are out for the month wiht no viable attempt!!

ME MOM
September 20th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Thank you so much for the explanation! And for getting back to each and every one here.
:awe:

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

ME MOM
October 4th, 2016, 12:59 PM
SO.. I'm back after AF showed up last month and would LOVE some advice please!

I ovulate on cd12 and have a 11-12 luteal phase.
Last month we did one attempt at my first +opk which was o-2. I had a stronger second +opk a day after but stuck to one attempt (it would have been o-1).. after soooo much nausea and temp tips etc I got a bfn after I really felt pregnant..
Durring that attempt I did J+D, hot baths before and after and antihistamines (zyrtec) from cd6 and on after o because I have a lot of EW (didn't help tons in my opinion)..

Anyway I'm cd 7 - already with some little EW.
I'm confused regarding the one attempt and when we should bd once..
we dtd cd4+cd6 but just because we really wanted to and I'm trying to be more laid back this month. I can still do ed3 or ed4.. I don't know if I should take the antihistamines and when to dtd.
I don't have a special fertility monitor in my country, just LH strips which helped me get my ds+dd in the past. Not 100% sure when to dtd..
I got my dd on a month we dtd o-4 and o-3 and that's it (never heard of swaying then).
I'm a vegetarian, heavy coffee drinker and have lost some weight these past few months on the diet but am a couch potato.

Besides the one attempt and maybe antihistamines - anything else to do this month?? Thoughts on SMEP maybe and when to start that?
My temps are LOW but have actually always been every time I've gotten pregnant and my thyroid is ok.

Thank you to you amazing girls for any advice!

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2016, 02:01 PM
LH strips are fine, I prefer them to the fertility monitors.

PLEASE do not go to SMEP. That is a last ditch thing that I have people do only when they've tried everything else.

The first thing I would change is to ditch hot baths before and after. I would also have you either lose the Zyrtec OR at the least stop it the day before O or day of your attempt, whichever comes first. Taking it after ovulation may make it too dry up inside where the egg is and make it not be able to get to the uterus to implant. Another way to take it is to use just ONE dose, 6 hours before your attempt.

I would have you keep one attempt until you have dropped timing, antihistamine, baths. And then please try e4d instead of one attempt, do NOT just go right to SMEP.

ME MOM
October 6th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Thank you, thank you four your time atomic. You are an exceptional person, in my eyes. We will continue the one attempt and drop the other things you suggested and should the bfns continue move on to e4d, if l understood you correctly (English is not my first language) .

Thanks again and a big hug from afar.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Thank you so much! happy to help!