PDA

View Full Version : And back to square 1......

1moregirl
September 19th, 2016, 08:22 PM
So even with our '3 days in a row of BDing' we clearly managed to miss O somehow. silly me! I'm definitely going back to using clear blue digital O and BBTing, but might skip this next cycle since I haven't been ubiquinol properly and have had some anxiety issues recently. Looking back at my last few cycles, AF has always shown up right on 13DPO, so this time that would've put O on CD16, yet we didn't start BD til CD17, so clearly missed it. I probably should be going more by EWCM than my positive OPKs I think?

MrsGoodies
September 19th, 2016, 10:28 PM
(Hugs)

Sorry it didnt work out for you this time. I'm sure i will be joinng you as DH completely bggered my attempt this month by falling dead asleep the night we were supposed to try.

Only got 1 attempt in this time......I know Atomic says ONE attempt sways girl but is that even enough sperm to get pg?!

1moregirl
September 20th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Thanks MrsG. I don't know about the 1 attempt Hun either I'm afraid. I'm sure as hell no expert, especially after having completed a cycle with 3 attempts in a row and BFN. Stupid me....I am not using those Ovuplan OPKs ever again either. Going to buy the clear blue and already today bought a new thermometer. Do you use a thermometer MrsG? They are sooo helpful in pinpointing O, although obviously it's only after your attempt that you can determine where O was. Anyway, I just hope I don't have any more cycles of more than 3 days in a row of positive OPK, becasue it really just drives me nuts. Good luck to you though. Hope you get a BFP. Xx

1moregirl
September 20th, 2016, 01:55 AM
Anyone want to take a guess as to when my O occurred this last cycle? Surely it must've been CD16, as with those 3 BD attempts from CD17 and onwards should've put enough swimmers up there to catch an egg surely? Unless all my eggs are just old and crappy and no good? Think it is sinking in.....I am feeling disappointed and like I'm fighting a losing battle. :(

purple
September 20th, 2016, 03:22 AM
Sorry this wasn't your month :(

How long is your LP normally? If it is pretty consistent than I would go by that and count back however many days to work out O.

If it was on cd16 or 17 you probably had little chance this month but you weren't to know that. Maybe the next cycle you try you could BD on the night of the first OPK+?

MrsGoodies
September 20th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Hi 1moregirl,

My temps went up on cd12 which would mean that I O on cd11, same day as +opk?

I dont know how accurate they are though with the chronc of the lack of sleep these last few days!

atomic sagebrush
September 21st, 2016, 08:42 PM
(Hugs)

Sorry it didnt work out for you this time. I'm sure i will be joinng you as DH completely bggered my attempt this month by falling dead asleep the night we were supposed to try.

Only got 1 attempt in this time......I know Atomic says ONE attempt sways girl but is that even enough sperm to get pg?!

Yes, it absolutely is, and one attempt is what got me my daughter when I was 41 1/2.

Men shoot 20-200 million sperm in one shot - it would be enough to get all of us pregnant and then some!

MrsGoodies
September 22nd, 2016, 02:27 AM
Hi Atomic,

Sorry i should have clarified I had 1 attempt late evening/early morning of day 9/10...with a +opk morning of cd 11....FF says I O on cd 12...but my temp spiked from 36.5 to 37.3 morning of cd12.

Not sure what my chances are with those stats. If the thermometer is right i might have a shot but I am not sure it is possible to O the same day as OPK.

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2016, 08:57 PM
It is possible to get pregnant with that timing and also possible to O the day of a pos OPK.

1moregirl
September 30th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Well, I am NOT using Ovuplan OPK test strips ever again as they are just too overly sensitive to me or something. I am back to using the Clear blue digital o tests (without the dual hormone indicator) as they usually work great and just give me 2 days of smiley face positives (touch wood...aka my head....lol!) I still constantly change my mind about all of this...wanting it one day but not the next...but will just try and see what happens. I don't really want to have to have the Hysterescopy so I guess if I have left over scarring anywhere then another baby just may not be in the cards for me....but we'll see.

MrsGoodies
October 1st, 2016, 02:48 AM
Back in the saddle again!

Enjoy the bd! That's the best part of ttc :hug2:

1moregirl
October 3rd, 2016, 06:54 PM
Yes I definitely am thanks MrsG. Onto CD15 today and just waiting for that big fat smiley face to appear to give me the go ahead. Otherwise we have been BD whenever it takes our fancy - every second or third night. Have had EWCM yesterday and day before so see what happens. But it is soooo much better using the Clear blue digital ovulation test as its just so darned easy to use and accurate, especially since you can use first morning urine as well. Also doing BBT again, although have only just started. Wish me luck!