PDA

View Full Version : "Natural" FET

patience4purple
January 10th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hi, girls,
It's so nice to have a good website with no monkeys or crying babies that make you go nuts before you could read or post anything, right? I will be doing a SET FET in February and my RE wants me do go the "natural" way. I'm honestly nervous about it based on reading around. But I also remember that I had two cysts at my fresh IVF from the Lupron. What do you all think? Anybody have any experience with a "natural" FET and what the outcome was? What if I don't freakin ovulate next month? I'm suppose to track my ovulation with the sticks, when do they do the u/s? I feel it's a long shot, but at least is something I am holding to it, rather than waiting...I couldn't go to my second fresh IVF, because my contract says I have to use up any left frosties before that. I'm just praying for a miracle! Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
January 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Well, I did a medicated FET and most have done just that. A Natural FET is a lot more monitoring and timing is much more of and issue- knowing when exactly you ovulated is key. I thought the medicated FET was easy because you take lupron, go for 2 u/s checks to assess suppression and lining and that's it! No sticks, no extra appointments, etc. I am not sure what to say about the cysts though. Also, because I did not ovulated with the medicated FET, I was also on progesterone and estrace for 12 weeks.

I just felt more in control I guess.

fourblessings4me
January 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I did a non-medicated FET. I would, though, be nervous about doing OPK sticks. Have never had much luck interpreting them. At any rate, my RE's office was only a 10-15 min drive away. We ended up doing 3 (?) u/s's prior to triggering (I guess that part wasn't unmedicated... ;) ) and a couple blood draws. Lining was perfect, lead follie was perfect... Unfortunately the cycle ended in a chemical. But, am doubtful that had anything to do w/ it being unmedicated. Btw, did, of course, take progesterone and estrogen after the trigger shot and through the 2ww.

patience4purple
January 10th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks, NBP, I was expecting you to respond. I just got an e-mail from the nurse and she replyed that they have equal success with medicated and non-medicated. I will only do the OPK sticks and no u/s or bloodwork, now I'm really nervous! What if I show up there for transfer and my lining is not good enough? I will be taking the PIO's starting after ovulation is detected...

Liv
January 11th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I just want to wish you the best! GL!!

Saga
January 11th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I just want to wish you the best! GL!!
Me to! Good luck!

domestic bliss
January 11th, 2011, 03:47 AM
wishing you all the best with whatever you decide to do! So many decisions!!! GL!!!

patience4purple
January 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks, girls, I highly appreciate your well-wishing! I'm getting excited and nervous each day..