PDA

View Full Version : Bloodwork results

djmommy
September 28th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I just wanted to post some bloodwork from a friend who has had recurring miscarriages before 11 weeks after 3 healthy children. She is currently 41 and has been actively TTC for 3 years. Any insight and or advice is helpful!!

TSH 1.96
Prolactin 17.5
FSH 7.5
LH 4.0
Estradiol 43
AMH 3.15

atomic sagebrush
September 29th, 2016, 04:24 PM
ARGH I didn't mean to click this open just yet as I'm running out of time today, can you please bump this for me so I can reply when I have more time??

djmommy
September 29th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Absolutely!

BUMP!!!
Thanks Atomic

nuthinbutpink
September 30th, 2016, 07:15 AM
There are several reasons that one can lose a baby. Age is one. Progesterone issues is another. There are other things that have to do with immunity issues. Was she able to do any genetic testing? That would be crucial here. 11 weeks is pretty far along so if they did testing and the baby was normal, there is something going on in her body causing the baby to be rejected.

MrsSparkles
September 30th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Has she had her clotting tests ?
Antithrombin iii deficiency can cause recurrent miscarriages.
From what I understand it is a test often overlooked by a GP

djmommy
September 30th, 2016, 05:18 PM
There are several reasons that one can lose a baby. Age is one. Progesterone issues is another. There are other things that have to do with immunity issues. Was she able to do any genetic testing? That would be crucial here. 11 weeks is pretty far along so if they did testing and the baby was normal, there is something going on in her body causing the baby to be rejected.

She has had 3 babies already. And she was scheduled to have the Harmony done and lost baby the day before. They have all been complete miscarriages with no intervention. As far as progesterone, should she do anything specific? Would supplements help? And thanks for your input.

djmommy
September 30th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Has she had her clotting tests ?
Antithrombin iii deficiency can cause recurrent miscarriages.
From what I understand it is a test often overlooked by a GP

Hmmmmm......no but I will mention that as she is meeting with RE soon. Thank you

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2016, 01:03 PM
At 11 weeks it was probably not progesterone related. I would def. have the clotting tests done, but honestly her numbers look great to me for her age (FSH and AMH both good). Sometimes a genetically abnormal fetus can take even into the second trimester to be lost. Thyroid is another thing but her thyroid number looks ok to me.

djmommy
October 3rd, 2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks so much for your responses. I will relay all of the info!