PDA

View Full Version : Both Tubes Blocked

fefecooks
September 30th, 2016, 11:20 AM
HSG now shows that both tubes are now blocked. They were both noted as open after my surgery last August to remove polyps and fibroid. Got pregnant immediately, then lost. Doctor that performed HSG today says its probably from scar tissue forming after laprascopy. Follow up appointment set for October 24th to discuss options with new RE. I will still trust in the Lord.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

GirlieCat
September 30th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Wow fefe, that is some heavy news. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Is IFV something you are thinking as a possible future step?

fefecooks
September 30th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Possibly at the CNY New York clinic which seems to be really affordable. NY is part of my territory now.

XXforhubby
September 30th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Oh my, Fefe! I'm glad you finally got some answers! I'm hoping and praying that this can be resolved for you soon so you can get pregnant again!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji602], DS3[emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway in 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

momamia4
October 1st, 2016, 08:29 AM
I'm so sorry fefe!! You should know that sometimes hsgs are wrong. I had one in February and was also told that both of my tubes were blocked but then I got a surprise bfp in June! Obviously at least one of my tubes is open. I hope the same is true for you. Sometimes the tubes can spasm and appear to be closed. FX so hard for you!!

fefecooks
October 1st, 2016, 08:54 AM
I'm so sorry fefe!! You should know that sometimes hsgs are wrong. I had one in February and was also told that both of my tubes were blocked but then I got a surprise bfp in June! Obviously at least one of my tubes is open. I hope the same is true for you. Sometimes the tubes can spasm and appear to be closed. FX so hard for you!!
Thanks! I'm still in pain on the left side. I don't remember it being this painful before last year which I hear means that it's really blocked. I hate that I have to wait three weeks to discuss options. I feel like calling my surgeon and asking how in the world this could happen when he didn't touch my tubes at all. He just removed a uterine fibroid and scraped the uterine polyps. Why was he touching the ends of tubes near the ovaries?

momamia4
October 1st, 2016, 09:02 AM
I don't know. That doesn't make any sense. I hope the next few weeks fly by for you!

atomic sagebrush
October 1st, 2016, 04:01 PM
I actually would call him and hear what he has to say. Is this something that he sees happening regularly??

I have absolutely heard of people having spasms during the HSG, and i've also heard that sometimes it can be like a mucousy plug they can remove with laproscopy. Hoping and praying for good news soon.

fefecooks
October 1st, 2016, 04:32 PM
I actually would call him and hear what he has to say. Is this something that he sees happening regularly??

I have absolutely heard of people having spasms during the HSG, and i've also heard that sometimes it can be like a mucousy plug they can remove with laproscopy. Hoping and praying for good news soon.
I'm with a different doc now since the surgeon is not an RE. I'm assuming that my new RE may discuss with old surgeon at some point before my Oct. 24th appointment. The doc that performed HSG yesterday is filling in for my new RE since I couldn't make it any other day. Too many cooks in the kitchen at this point.

Pink Pony
October 1st, 2016, 05:57 PM
Keep the faith Fefe, I am sure everything will work out for you x

fefecooks
October 3rd, 2016, 12:43 PM
Response from Aug 2015 surgeon: Felesha we did not disrupt the tubes during the case and noted bilateral tubal patency then. You had a chromotubation at surgery. we can email you and operative report. If you need me to speak with dr kowalczyk now or in the future, just have her call! - Dr. Zaiden

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/5f547cf892b495bb10d975a93c7fae2f.jpg

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2016, 06:10 PM
This is one of those times I wish I was an expert. I do know of one other person on here who had tubes seemingly cramp shut during an HSG and I hope and pray this is one of those times.

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2016, 06:27 PM
This is one of those times I wish I was an expert. I do know of one other person on here who had tubes seemingly cramp shut during an HSG and I hope and pray this is one of those times.

fefecooks
March 2nd, 2017, 09:18 PM
Last surgery (1/31/17) shows both tubes open and no sign of even having a fibroid removed. However, just heard back from my nutritionist that I did have an issue with MTHFR gene (from both parents). Means body has challenges with absorbing all B vitamins. I was severely deficient in B12. Reproductive Endocrinologist refused to test for it unless you have 3 miscarriages. Now on methylfolate in addition to other prenatals. No more pulling over to get some shut eye while on the road.

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Oh that's good news!!! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were getting along.

I really wish the REs would get on board with the MTHFR testing.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!

fefecooks
March 4th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Oh that's good news!!! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were getting along.

I really wish the REs would get on board with the MTHFR testing.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!
Hi Atomic! Someone in another group says that she doesn't believe the MTHFR gene is why I'm not getting pregnant. She just thinks I have old eggs. Says some people are just born with all bad eggs which is probably why I only achieved one pregnancy (Trisomy 13) in my whole life. That is so heart breaking to hear to say the least. Tried for 24 months with only one pregnancy in there. Been on 10 vitamin supplements (ubiquinol, omega 3, vitamin d, prenatal, etc.) for the past 8 months. Synthroid for 5 months. Any thoughts on this? Also, should I be on baby aspirin for MTHFR?

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Geez. With friends like that who needs enemies, right?

Some people online like to talk out their butts to make other people feel bad. It makes them feel important knowing that they've very likely upset another person. Some people do have fertility challenges, and age does make it more likely that you'll have struggles with fertility but someone online has no way of knowing that.

I can't know about your egg quality without your numbers in front of me but trust me, I've had people who had absolutely abysmal numbers (indicating very poor egg quality) who did end up getting pregnant. It may take a little longer, but it can still happen. Even with age-related egg quality issues, you will still make a good egg, just less often than younger women do. Let's say it happens only 1-2 times a year - you can still get pregnant, it just takes a little longer. I know it's so hard to keep up trying month after month with the BFN but it is the only way to catch the good eggs you do make, even if they're few and far between (and again, we don't know this. It very well may be that at first it was the fibroid, now it's been the MTHFR, and we will remove each obstacle as it comes along and you'll still get pregnant once we get them out of our way.

Aspirin only under advice of your doc. ARe you taking folate instead of folic acid?? If not, please do so.

Are you on a lower carb, higher protein diet? If not, do that. Avoid skim dairy. Some people benefit from going totally wheat free.

Has your hubby gotten a sperm analysis done? (sorry I'm sure I should know that already)

fefecooks
March 4th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Geez. With friends like that who needs enemies, right?

Some people online like to talk out their butts to make other people feel bad. It makes them feel important knowing that they've very likely upset another person. Some people do have fertility challenges, and age does make it more likely that you'll have struggles with fertility but someone online has no way of knowing that.

I can't know about your egg quality without your numbers in front of me but trust me, I've had people who had absolutely abysmal numbers (indicating very poor egg quality) who did end up getting pregnant. It may take a little longer, but it can still happen. Even with age-related egg quality issues, you will still make a good egg, just less often than younger women do. Let's say it happens only 1-2 times a year - you can still get pregnant, it just takes a little longer. I know it's so hard to keep up trying month after month with the BFN but it is the only way to catch the good eggs you do make, even if they're few and far between (and again, we don't know this. It very well may be that at first it was the fibroid, now it's been the MTHFR, and we will remove each obstacle as it comes along and you'll still get pregnant once we get them out of our way.

Aspirin only under advice of your doc. ARe you taking folate instead of folic acid?? If not, please do so.

Are you on a lower carb, higher protein diet? If not, do that. Avoid skim dairy. Some people benefit from going totally wheat free.

Has your hubby gotten a sperm analysis done? (sorry I'm sure I should know that already)

Thanks Atomic! She works for an RE office so she's pretty blunt about everything I guess.

As of Sept. 2016, my AMH is 3.13 and FSH is 6.8.

I am now on methylfolate and methylcobalamin as of 1 week ago. My nutritionist says to give up gluten and now has me on a protein shake. Also on full fat milk.

Hubby's sperm went down to 66% motility. Total motile sperm is 102.2 x 10`6. Report says he is sub fertile to fertile which is one of the reasons why she thinks IUI could help.

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Your numbers indicate you're fertile to me.

:agree: giving up gluten but PLEASE take care not to load up on carbs. Gluten free diets can really be carby and you need to keep carbs to about 30% of your day's diet.

What is in the protein shake? Soy? I'd not be doing that as soy may lower fertility.

Husband's SA seems fine to me. I'd have him releasing every 2-4 days for optimal sperm health.

Are you doing SMEP??

fefecooks
March 5th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Your numbers indicate you're fertile to me.

:agree: giving up gluten but PLEASE take care not to load up on carbs. Gluten free diets can really be carby and you need to keep carbs to about 30% of your day's diet.

What is in the protein shake? Soy? I'd not be doing that as soy may lower fertility.

Husband's SA seems fine to me. I'd have him releasing every 2-4 days for optimal sperm health.

Are you doing SMEP??

Nutritionist suggested eggs, fruit and protein shake for breakfast. Fatoosh salad and lentil soup for lunch. Fruit and nuts or protein shake for snack. Salmon/Chicken/Beef with quinoa and spaghetti squash for dinner.

It's a pea and rice protein. No soy. It's by Metagenics. It's got methylfolate and methylcobalamin in it too.

For the past year, we do every other day from cycle day 8 through 1 day past o.

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2017, 09:07 PM
How sure are you about when you O??

I would have you keep going with every 4 day sex even after the one day past O BD. That way, in the outside chance of delayed O you will still be covered.

fefecooks
March 5th, 2017, 09:12 PM
How sure are you about when you O??

I would have you keep going with every 4 day sex even after the one day past O BD. That way, in the outside chance of delayed O you will still be covered.
Ok. Gotcha!! 😊

fefecooks
April 29th, 2017, 03:46 PM
My Hallelujah belongs to You, oh Lord! You deserve it!! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170429/edee5301a2dc4e26b90e1079dd977a81.jpg

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Fefe I know I said this already but HUGE congrats!! Stick baby stick! :heart:

fefecooks
April 30th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Thanks again Atomic!! Praying for the best!! 😊