PDA

View Full Version : Due June/July/ August 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

XXforhubby
October 4th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Congratulations and Welcome to those that have gotten their BFPs! We hope that you all have a wonderful pregnancy and delivery! We look forward on being a part of your journey!!

[emoji92][emoji93][emoji94]

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji602], DS3[emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway in 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

amelia
October 5th, 2016, 02:09 AM
Today is 15 DPO and I'm still pregnant, so I'm 4 weeks and 1 day. I'm due June 12! I already scheduled my first OBGYN appointment for the 8th week. Hope my baby holds on tight! This was our third cycle trying and we swayed blue. I'm hoping to get a blood test to determine gender so we will find out sooner.

I hope others join me soon :)

Mummyof4boys
October 7th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Hi! :) BFP on my third cycle swaying for a girl after 4 boys. Due June 14 :)

All*blue*everything
October 8th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Hi im expecting baby number 5 think my due date is around 2nd June, I have an early scan next Saturday hoping to see a little bean with a heartbeat ...we have 4 sons praying this is our girl x

GirlieCat
October 8th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Congratulations ladies! So happy to see more joining this DD thread. I am not prego yet but I am determined to join you soon so I am keeping watch of all your journeys. So happy for your BFPs!!!!!

MrsSparkles
October 11th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Hello Ladies,

I've done 3 tests in 2 days, all faint positives.
Today is when AF is due, and I'm feeling pulling and cramping.
Also had what i think might be a Cyst bursting (so painful).
I am really hoping this little bean sticks, swayed Pink, but really don't mind anymore.

My due date would be 19th June and will be our first baby.

I think I will test again on Friday, and depending on the outcome join this thread officially :)

Inforthree
October 11th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be here! I got my bfp last Friday and the line has been getting stronger since then. I've been ttc for 6 months and had a CP in June so I'm really hoping this bean sticks. I swayed girl and I'll find out with a blood test so I'll know early. I'll be okay either way, I feel like we gave it our best shot so if its DS3 he really really wants to be here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

All*blue*everything
October 11th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Hello Ladies,

I've done 3 tests in 2 days, all faint positives.
Today is when AF is due, and I'm feeling pulling and cramping.
Also had what i think might be a Cyst bursting (so painful).
I am really hoping this little bean sticks, swayed Pink, but really don't mind anymore.

My due date would be 19th June and will be our first baby.

I think I will test again on Friday, and depending on the outcome join this thread officially :)
Ooh congrats!!just keep testing every 3days to check the line is getting darker x

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
October 11th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be here! I got my bfp last Friday and the line has been getting stronger since then. I've been ttc for 6 months and had a CP in June so I'm really hoping this bean sticks. I swayed girl and I'll find out with a blood test so I'll know early. I'll be okay either way, I feel like we gave it our best shot so if its DS3 he really really wants to be here.

Congrats!! Im hoping for girl to x

Sent from mTalk

GirlieCat
October 12th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Well it is ironic that just 4 days ago I told you all I was eager to join you and then yesterday got my very first BFP ever. I know it is still very very early so I am trying to remain level headed, but I am pretty excited. Due date would be around June 22nd based off my first day of last period.

This is baby #1 for me so I apologize in advance if I ask too many questions. Trying to figure out a cute way to tell hubby.

All*blue*everything
October 12th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Well it is ironic that just 4 days ago I told you all I was eager to join you and then yesterday got my very first BFP ever. I know it is still very very early so I am trying to remain level headed, but I am pretty excited. Due date would be around June 22nd based off my first day of last period.

This is baby #1 for me so I apologize in advance if I ask too many questions. Trying to figure out a cute way to tell hubby.
How exciting for u!! Don't see many here on their 1st babies x your whole world is about to change! And it will be amazing xxx

Sent from mTalk

MrsSparkles
October 12th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Yay GirlieCat, so happy you're in here too :)

It's baby #1 for me too, and I have a feeling it's going to be a learning curve lol

GirlieCat
October 12th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Yeah Sparkles, I thought it was baby #1 for you too but wasn't sure. Amelia is also having baby #1. It is rare to find ladies swaying and TTC baby #1 on this site and now all three of us are here together due in June. That is pretty special.

I feel much better knowing we will all probably have similar concerns and have an awesome group of experienced moms to guide us. Excited to see what other ladies join. So far October has been much more fruitful than the September 2WW group was so I have high hopes for many more BFPs.

MrsSparkles
October 13th, 2016, 03:26 AM
I feel much better knowing we will all probably have similar concerns and have an awesome group of experienced moms to guide us. Excited to see what other ladies join. So far October has been much more fruitful than the September 2WW group was so I have high hopes for many more BFPs.

Yes ! You, Amelia, and I will have so many ladies to give us advice and tips.
Can you believe I actually said to DH yesterday "Oh look at that baby sling. We should get that and not a stroller"
He was like "Think about what you're saying....babies get heavy real quick"
It was a Duh moment for sure, and I think I will have many more

Pbn3
October 13th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Girliecat I'm going to try your trick and post in here lol!!

Congratulations ladies!! Hoping very much to join you all very soon 😀

(Please work 🙏 😂)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Inforthree
October 13th, 2016, 08:25 AM
My due date is June 22 too Girliecat, we'll be due date buddies! My boys were right on their due dates. I'm sort of hoping this one comes a little early!

MrsSparkles
October 13th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Ladies, I was just daydreaming about how cute our little ones are going to look !
Summer Outfits yay

GirlieCat
October 13th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Pbn3- you had me literally laughing out loud. I hope it works for you too!

Inforthree glad we are DD buddies! Earlier would be my preference too for bday reasons.

Hubby and I were talking before my BFP that it would be great to get pregnant this cycle with a DD in June because we just bought a house last year with a pool and June pool parties for kids birthday will be fun and easy as they get older.

All*blue*everything
October 13th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Ladies, I was just daydreaming about how cute our little ones are going to look !
Summer Outfits yay
Our family which is pretty big with siblings aunts uncles ect do not have a single birthday in June! Can't wait for a baby at my fav time of year!

Sent from mTalk

MrsSparkles
October 14th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Our family which is pretty big with siblings aunts uncles ect do not have a single birthday in June! Can't wait for a baby at my fav time of year!

Sent from mTalk

That's going to be so special, the only June birthday :D

MrsSparkles
October 14th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Anyone else having any pregnancy weird things yet ?
I've totally lost my appetite for the last 3 days now, and am forcing myself to eat.
Not nauseas, just nothing sounds good

GirlieCat
October 14th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Sparkles, I have lots of bloating and tightness and cramps all day so I feel "blah" which makes me not very hungry. Could only eat half my dinner last night. No nausea.
Anyone else retesting just to make sure you still get a positive? My first BFP was in the evening so I tested next morning just to be sure, but I am having trouble convincing myself not to test again or at least wait a few days. I think I still can't believe it is positive or that it will stick. Technically I haven't even missed my regular period yet based off my normal 35 day cycle but because I O'd early my cycle wouldn't have been that long this time (probably would have been 30-31 days if not positive). I got my first bfp on cd27, which at best guess was 11dpo and I am on cd30 today or 14dpo.

Inforthree
October 14th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I booked my first appointment Nov 29, I think I'll get the nipt blood draw then. My midwives don't do early appointments so it's always a long wait. I had my sons at home and am planning to do it again. Anyone else planning to have a midwife?

bre_cooper11
October 14th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Hello Ladies!

I am due around the 22nd of June! This was our 2nd attempt and we were swaying blue. Confirmed my pregnancy test Wednesday at the hospital and I have 'orientation' apt on the 4th of Nov with an OB nurse. It's how the Army does it... even after 4 kiddos.

... So far pregnancy wise, tired, lower back aches, and starving!!! I am craving protein-beef jerky and I'm only 4 weeks pregnant!

Good luck to everyone!

All*blue*everything
October 14th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I booked my first appointment Nov 29, I think I'll get the nipt blood draw then. My midwives don't do early appointments so it's always a long wait. I had my sons at home and am planning to do it again. Anyone else planning to have a midwife?

Im in UK so midwifes are standard here! I had a home birth for my 4th, will probably for this baby too x

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
October 14th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Sparkles, I have lots of bloating and tightness and cramps all day so I feel "blah" which makes me not very hungry. Could only eat half my dinner last night. No nausea.
Anyone else retesting just to make sure you still get a positive? My first BFP was in the evening so I tested next morning just to be sure, but I am having trouble convincing myself not to test again or at least wait a few days. I think I still can't believe it is positive or that it will stick. Technically I haven't even missed my regular period yet based off my normal 35 day cycle but because I O'd early my cycle wouldn't have been that long this time (probably would have been 30-31 days if not positive). I got my first bfp on cd27, which at best guess was 11dpo and I am on cd30 today or 14dpo.
I kept testing for the 1st couple of weeks just to check it was progressing x

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
October 14th, 2016, 12:26 PM
So ladies I have an early scan tomorrow afternoon! Im so nervous!!! Praying everything looks ok x

Sent from mTalk

bre_cooper11
October 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM
That's so exciting!!! I won't get a scan until 12-13weeks!

bre_cooper11
October 14th, 2016, 12:56 PM

My due date should be the 22nd, too! Congrats on baby #1!!

Blckhrt
October 14th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Well, I think I'm ready to cautiously join this board. :)

I'm 31, hubby is almost 40, and we have one son (will be 2 years old early next year). This was our second cycle swaying pink. I got my first (faint) BFP at 9 dpo. Today is 11 dpo and the tests have darkened - so as scared as I am of a chemical, being that it's so early, here I am! And here's hoping I get to stay. If this one sticks, my due date will end up around June 27th.

If any of you first-timers swaying pink end up getting blue, and need someone to talk to, I want you to know I'm here. I always thought I wanted a girl, so for our first, we did a half-assed Shettles sway that obviously failed. I had SEVERE GD when we found out he was a boy...more severe than I can describe. But I am now so, so, so glad he was a boy - he is the absolute best thing that's ever happened to me. I thought I didn't want a boy because a) I didn't have any brothers, so I was clueless about raising a boy, and b) neither I nor my husband are into boyish stuff like sports, etc. But my little boy has taught me so much, and I should never have worried at all. He's a quiet, observant little thinker who loves to read, snuggle, and give kisses. I'd like to think that if we end up with another boy, I'll be far less disappointed than I was with my first, simply because I now understand how incredible it is to have a son. But we swayed girl because I do still have the desire for a daughter. I'd be happy with just one girl, and then will probably want another boy after that! Anyway, I have intimate experience with FTM-GD, so I'm here if anyone ends up needing to talk through that.

Inforthree, I'll be going back to my midwife group! I had such a good experience with my first - well, good experience with the care, NOT with the labor/birth, which was a 48-hour nightmare! But I strongly believe that if I hadn't been with midwives, I would have ended up with a c-section. Thankfully was able to birth vaginally; hoping for the same again.

I think that about covers it. Hi, ladies! Fingers crossed I get to stay here.

MrsSparkles
October 14th, 2016, 01:28 PM

Yaaaaasss I am still testing with my cheapies and the line is getting darker :)

That's awesome that you got your BFP so early, it will stick. All of them gotta stick, it's Halloween month, so there's magic in the air :D

MrsSparkles
October 14th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Congratulations Blckheart ! Hope you get your lil girl.

All*Blue*Everything Please update us all tomorrow, best wishes and hope you get to see your lil bean nice and clearly

Infoforthree I am bypassing the Midwife this time which sucks as I really liked her (had an ectopic last time, but met the Midwife, she was so nice)

GirlieCat
October 14th, 2016, 01:38 PM
My due date should be the 22nd, too! Congrats on baby #1!!

Yeah Bre! Inforthree is the 22nd too. How fun to share that date with both of you!

GirlieCat
October 14th, 2016, 01:40 PM
So ladies I have an early scan tomorrow afternoon! Im so nervous!!! Praying everything looks ok x

Sent from mTalk

How exciting! How far along are you? It is interesting how it is different in every country and probably even doctor by doctor. Mine will do first scan after 8 weeks, but I am going in for a pregnancy confirmation and blood work at 5w5d to check some levels.

All*blue*everything
October 14th, 2016, 01:45 PM
How exciting! How far along are you? It is interesting how it is different in every country and probably even doctor by doctor. Mine will do first scan after 8 weeks, but I am going in for a pregnancy confirmation and blood work at 5w5d to check some levels.
Im roughly 7wks today im paying for a private ultrasound. Routine hospital scans are between 12-14 wks..its been 4 years since I was last pregnant so things may have changed!

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
October 14th, 2016, 01:47 PM
That's so exciting!!! I won't get a scan until 12-13weeks!
I see we are both expecting baby number 5! X

Sent from mTalk

GirlieCat
October 14th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Welcome Blckheart. Those test are much darker than the first two you posted. I think you should feel really good about that. I am happy we are on this journey together!

I literally know nothing about midwives or how to use them or if I should use one. Hubby has already said no home birth, but I think I am okay with that. If you do midwife do you not go to your OBGYN? I am in the USA so I am not sure if it is different in different countries.

So happy to hear others kept testing too. I used a clear blue this morning and it was a very dark positive within less than a minute which made me feel a lot better. My doc doesn't do first real visits till after 8 weeks but he did want me to come in before that for confirmation and blood work since I was supposed to be on progesterone after O, but since I never knew when I Oed I didn't start it. I am still on the Metformin and I think I stay on that for the first trimester. Now that this mornings clear blue was such a great positive I am going to tell hubby tonight...I know, I know...amazing that I haven't told him yet but I just needed to be sure and I planned a cute little something for him and work schedules didn't allow me time to do it until tonight.

Blckhrt
October 14th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Thank you! I'm so excited for us too!

I'm the U.S. My midwife group is independent but is associated to an OB group at the same hospital, so in extreme cases patients can be moved there if need be.

Everyone is different but I personally would never do a first birth at home. There are way too many unknowns. Midwife + hospital was the perfect combo for me. I labored naturally (back labor, at that!) for 40 friggin hours and was still at just 5cm. (Shudder.) So I literally HAD to have an epi+pitocin because my endurance was shot. That combo worked within hours so by the time I was 10cm at 47 hours in, the epic had worn off. Pushed a little under an hour and there he was!
If I hadn't been with midwives, I'm sure they would've sectioned me at 24 hours (since my labor started with my water breaking), when I was barely 2-3cm.
So as excruciating as it was, I am ever thankful I was able to give birth vaginally!

I won't have my first midwife visit till closer to 10 weeks, but I'm hoping to get in with my GP next week for a blood draw to test hcg and progesterone.

MrsSparkles
October 14th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Everyone is different but I personally would never do a first birth at home. There are way too many unknowns. Midwife + hospital was the perfect combo for me. I labored naturally (back labor, at that!) for 40 friggin hours and was still at just 5cm. (Shudder.) So I literally HAD to have an epi+pitocin because my endurance was shot. That combo worked within hours so by the time I was 10cm at 47 hours in, the epic had worn off. Pushed a little under an hour and there he was!
If I hadn't been with midwives, I'm sure they would've sectioned me at 24 hours (since my labor started with my water breaking), when I was barely 2-3cm.
So as excruciating as it was, I am ever thankful I was able to give birth vaginally!

I won't have my first midwife visit till closer to 10 weeks, but I'm hoping to get in with my GP next week for a blood draw to test hcg and progesterone.

Woah that sounds super intense.
You're a trooper for getting through that pain with the worn off eli.

Always figured I would give birth under a tree (joking, but real natural ya know!), and now I've been told if I make it to the finish line, baby will be delivered my c-section, and early.
Kind of glad they found about this before I tried to have some super natural birth at home.

Blckhrt
October 14th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Luckily when the epi wore off there was only one hour left...it was the 40 hours BEFORE the epi that nearly killed me, lol! I'm just really, really hoping it's true that second labors are far shorter!

Oh wow! We'll you're right, it is definitely much better to know well in advance that that's how your birth will need to be. And planned C-sections are far safer and smoother than emergency ones!

bre_cooper11
October 14th, 2016, 02:36 PM
I see we are both expecting baby number 5! X

Sent from mTalk

Yes!! So glad I'm not the only one!!! I thought I saw another with #5 on the way!!

Id love to have an early private scan! I've been looking but haven't found any that are earlier than 12 weeks.

sending you pink dust!!

All*blue*everything
October 15th, 2016, 09:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ghi1Xmx.jpg
My beautiful baby number 5! Perfect heart beating away still can't believe it ❤

Sent from mTalk

foxtrotmama
October 15th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Congrats to everyone who is in so far! Nice to see so many moving over from the TWW threads!

(Side note, Mrs Sparkles, I totally suggest a sling (or 10) and a stroller (or 2 or 3, lol). :D Both have their places for sure, and heavy or not I still wear DS1 a few times a month.

MrsSparkles
October 16th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Luckily when the epi wore off there was only one hour left...it was the 40 hours BEFORE the epi that nearly killed me, lol! I'm just really, really hoping it's true that second labors are far shorter!

Oh wow! We'll you're right, it is definitely much better to know well in advance that that's how your birth will need to be. And planned C-sections are far safer and smoother than emergency ones!

Did that hour feel like ten though ?! I really do admire you, you're so brave.
I've heard that second labours are way shorter, in fact my friends second one was over 15 mins after she got to the hospital, they didn't even have time to get to a delivery suite :D

Yes, it is better to know.
I am hoping they can make it as natural as possible , skin to skin and onto the breast asap

MrsSparkles
October 16th, 2016, 12:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ghi1Xmx.jpg
My beautiful baby number 5! Perfect heart beating away still can't believe it ❤

Sent from mTalk

Congratlations !
What a huge relief it must to hear that sweet sound

MrsSparkles
October 16th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Congrats to everyone who is in so far! Nice to see so many moving over from the TWW threads!

(Side note, Mrs Sparkles, I totally suggest a sling (or 10) and a stroller (or 2 or 3, lol). :D Both have their places for sure, and heavy or not I still wear DS1 a few times a month.

LOL I will bear that in mind.
Do love the slings, the having hands free thing appeals !

Blckhrt
October 16th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Haha! Actually, although it was about as excruciating, I hated that final hour less than I did all the ones before. At least pushing gives you something to DO, yknow?

That's great! I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US "gentle" c-sections are gaining in popularity.

MrsSparkles
October 17th, 2016, 04:27 AM
5 weeks today, celebrating every week as a victory :)
8 days until I get an early scan to see if bebe is in the right place

bre_cooper11
October 17th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Still here!! Does anyone else not feel pregnant? Totally forgot while on date night Saturday... almost ordered a drink. Then starting to feel random symptoms this morning a bit nauseous, very warm but mostly starving all the time!! Slightly tender breasts, but also still nursing so it's not unbearable, if that makes sense?!! Haha!

Trying not to read into symptoms... so hard!

Blckhrt
October 17th, 2016, 01:07 PM
I'm 4 weeks as of today, and zero symptoms. But with my son, I NEVER got any traditional pregnancy symptoms the whole time. Just antepartum depression; hoping to be spared that this time around. Would happily take nausea instead! (Easy for me to say now, right?)

All*blue*everything
October 17th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Still here!! Does anyone else not feel pregnant? Totally forgot while on date night Saturday... almost ordered a drink. Then starting to feel random symptoms this morning a bit nauseous, very warm but mostly starving all the time!! Slightly tender breasts, but also still nursing so it's not unbearable, if that makes sense?!! Haha!

Trying not to read into symptoms... so hard!
Nope, look and feel Very pregnant lol!!

Sent from mTalk

bre_cooper11
October 17th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Nope, look and feel Very pregnant lol!!

Sent from mTalk

I am sure I'll get there! Haha!

MrsSparkles
October 17th, 2016, 05:25 PM
I have no symptoms either

GirlieCat
October 17th, 2016, 05:56 PM
My main symptom is that I am still crampy, bloated and just overall tightness. It is mostly my entire lower abdomen but sometimes it is concentrated to just one side. Some days it is worse than others but it is better now than last week. It started many days before I got my BFP. I am trying not to be concerned because I read that is very normal, especially in a first pregnancy, but I can't help but be a tiny concerned about ectopic.

My boobs are a tiny bit sore today which I was actually happy about. I also had to throw out my yogurt this morning because after a few bites I just couldn't eat any more. It tasted funny. May have nothing to do with prego.

foxtrotmama
October 17th, 2016, 10:46 PM
GirlieCat, that's exactly how I would have described the first trimester the first few times around- I was actually really surprised at how dramatic the feeling was! I clearly remember being convinced that DS1 was ectopic.

bre_cooper11
October 18th, 2016, 12:00 AM
That's basically how I feel a bit, but it's not quite full blown yet and intermittent. My mid lower back has been super crampy- like you mentioned, even before my bfp. Just add constant hunger... which is a pain after swaying blue and the pre added 5-10lbs.

honeybee37
October 18th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Can I tentatively join too please?! Had a faint bfp on Friday, progressively darker lines (I'm a crazy POAS lady... ) and aged an eleven (nearly twelve) month journey with lots of ups and downs, am delighted to be here! I swayed pink although i feel my sway was a lot better at the start of the journey than at the end! I am currently just feeling so happy to be pregnant and desperate for it to stick... due June 27th.

honeybee37
October 18th, 2016, 06:36 AM
My symptoms are feeling hot a lot, very sore boobs and waves of nausea, although I am panicking that I don't feel too nauseous today. Had the odd lower abdomen tugging type feeling (had that two days before bfp and was convinced it was implantation!) oh, /and I've been more tired than usual.

MrsSparkles
October 18th, 2016, 07:38 AM
I just went to have a scan as I had the same pains Girliecat is describing, and was worried as last time was ectopic.

I thought by my app that I was 5 weeks +1 or 2 days.
Nope I am actually 4+2 so really early.
The lady was concerned that it was measuring so much smaller than my calculations, so I am back in 10 days.

They wouldn't let me take a picture home, so I was sneaky and snapped one of the screen as I was getting changed :)

Main thing is that it isn't an ectopic

MrsSparkles
October 18th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Congratulations Honeybee !!!!

GirlieCat
October 18th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Welcome honeybee and congratulations!!

Thank you all who shared their same cramping, makes me feel better.

So happy Sparkles that you know it is not ectopic! What a great sneaky screen shot. Did they decide 4+2 based off measurements only? I would think at this early stage they just go off your first day of last period, but I guess not.

MrsSparkles
October 18th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Welcome honeybee and congratulations!!

Thank you all who shared their same cramping, makes me feel better.

So happy Sparkles that you know it is not ectopic! What a great sneaky screen shot. Did they decide 4+2 based off measurements only? I would think at this early stage they just go off your first day of last period, but I guess not.

Yes please don't worry too much.
We can talk ourselves into anything lol

They went off the measurements rather than the date of the last period, hopefully the lil bean will keep growing :)

honeybee37
October 18th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Mrs Sparkles, great that you had a scan to check for ectopic. How is the cramping now? I think he growth can vary quite a bit initially. With my second, he consistently measure a whole week ahead and we were quite sure of dates. Anyway hopefully you'll be more reassured in ten days' time.

MrsSparkles
October 18th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Hi honeybee,

Cramping still there but wouldn't you know it...not as bad
Wonder if it was all in my head ?!

So are you booked in with a midwife yet ? Have your called the GP

bre_cooper11
October 18th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Congrats Honeybee!

foxtrotmama
October 18th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Mrs Sparkles, it's great to see that your little bean is where it should be and developing. :)

GirlieCat
October 19th, 2016, 07:26 PM
I think I got my first episode today of pregnancy hormones affecting my emotions...
I was in a work meeting with three other upper management individuals including the CEO and I had to be the one to make the decision (or first to say it) that we need to let go of a long time employee because of poor performance. It was a hard decision to make because I like her as person so I got teary eyed and started to cry and I had to stop talking and apologize for getting emotional. It is never easy firing someone you like as a person but who sucks as an employee, but I normally am very professional and I don't show my emotions like that at work...I am blaming this one on hormones.

bre_cooper11
October 20th, 2016, 12:00 AM
I think I got my first episode today of pregnancy hormones affecting my emotions...
I was in a work meeting with three other upper management individuals including the CEO and I had to be the one to make the decision (or first to say it) that we need to let go of a long time employee because of poor performance. It was a hard decision to make because I like her as person so I got teary eyed and started to cry and I had to stop talking and apologize for getting emotional. It is never easy firing someone you like as a person but who sucks as an employee, but I normally am very professional and I don't show my emotions like that at work...I am blaming this one on hormones.

Totally hormones coupled with a crappy situation! Welcome to mommy-hood... where you can expect to cry randomly for no reason for the rest of your life, haha!!! But, seriously, it's amazing! <3

MrsSparkles
October 20th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Awwww bless ya Girliecat, I think that would make me cry even without the hormones.

bre_cooper11
October 20th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I'm breaking out on my upper lip... I'm not trying to look into symptoms but this is discouraging because I broke out with girls- same way. I am having a hard time not looking into every little symptom... ugh.

GirlieCat
October 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Oh bre try not to worry yourself. I have been following the other due date threads and from what I have read there is no correlation between symptoms and gender. I have watched ladies think they are getting one gender because of its similarities or differences to other pregnancies and they are not very accurate guesses. Our minds play tricks with us.

Are you considering having an early blood test for gender? We probably will. Hubby and I want to know as soon as possible so we can tell the gender at the same time that we announce we are pregnant to the family and friends after the 12-13 week mark. We are only telling 4 people before the second trimester/gender known (my big sister, his grandma and 1 friend each). I am so happy to just be pregnant and so scared it won't stick that I trying not to focus on gender (but of course deep inside I am still very much hoping we get what we would prefer).

bre_cooper11
October 20th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Oh bre try not to worry yourself. I have been following the other due date threads and from what I have read there is no correlation between symptoms and gender. I have watched ladies think they are getting one gender because of its similarities or differences to other pregnancies and they are not very accurate guesses. Our minds play tricks with us.

Are you considering having an early blood test for gender? We probably will. Hubby and I want to know as soon as possible so we can tell the gender at the same time that we announce we are pregnant to the family and friends after the 12-13 week mark. We are only telling 4 people before the second trimester/gender known (my big sister, his grandma and 1 friend each). I am so happy to just be pregnant and so scared it won't stick that I trying not to focus on gender (but of course deep inside I am still very much hoping we get what we would prefer).

Thank you!! Ugh, this part could just zoom by lol!

However, we won't be able get a blood test unless we pay out of pocket :/. Military insurance only pays for bare minimum unless your high risk.

Just have faith!! We haven't told anyone and I'm not sur when I'll announce! Fix crossed for you!!

Burakoam
October 21st, 2016, 06:26 PM
Stopping in for some info for you bre...if you are in the states talk to your doctor about the blood tests available. Mine told me and company confirmed if insurance denied the claim I could pay as little out of pocket as 99 dollars.

amelia
October 22nd, 2016, 12:24 AM
That sounds like a tough situation GirlieCat. I'm happy for now that I'm not in the position to make those kinds of decisions! I'm glad you and I are still in this!

I've felt gloomy the last week or two. I wasn't optimistic about getting the promotion I applied for, I don't feel comfortable around a certain coworker, and one of my favorite coworkers is moving from my direct team. I started seriously considering doing a six month rotation program at my company as I think I would learn a lot as well as benefit from a change of scenery, as I have been on the same team for 3.75 years now.

Luckily I got the great news that I was promoted today to the next level, as did my husband! But now I'm still feeling rather gloomy. The rotation would basically mean I wouldn't return to my current team for a year since I will also have maternity leave, or maybe not at all depending on what opportunities present themselves. And I am really quite fond of my general team and my manager and feel bad about leaving. Logically I think this rotation will be beneficial, and many people switch teams after getting promoted on our company (promotions are a bit different here than other companies), so I think I will be speaking to my manager about this on Monday.

Ahh, this is my first real job and team. Anyway, no idea if this is pregnancy-related sadness or just normal stress. :) I haven't really had physical symptoms - maybe peeing more often? My first OB appointment is in two weeks and I can't wait!

GirlieCat
October 22nd, 2016, 11:09 AM
Amelia, I am sure there are hormones at play making your mind over think your work situation. Change is always a bit scary even if it is also exciting (exactly how I am sure we both feel about baby #1). Congratulations on your promotion and good luck talking to your manager about what direction you want to go in.

purple
October 22nd, 2016, 09:16 PM
Those worrying about symptoms indicating gender well this pregnancy has been very similar to my previous ones, mostly like DS1 where I had less morning sickness than DS2. My gender scan showed girl which will hopefully still be confirmed girl this week at the 20wk scan.

honeybee37
October 23rd, 2016, 03:15 AM
Hi everyone, Bre I've also heard what purple said about gender and symptoms not correlating so try not to worry...
I'm 4+5 today. So early... just want to fast forward a few weeks! We are having major house building and renovation done and I'm really paranoid about all the chemicals and dust. They painted 2 weeks ago and I can still smell it... it's bothering me loads!
Mrs Sparkles, really glad the cramping calmed down! I've had a bit on and off and I swear my stomach is sticking it out.. I think with ds2 I popped out pretty much immediately too. Or it could be bloating, ha! Yes I have first midwife a week on Monday (all being well).. how about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsSparkles
October 23rd, 2016, 06:31 PM
Hi Ladies

How is everyone doing ?

GirlieCat
October 23rd, 2016, 08:24 PM
Weird question ladies- these prego apps and such that say what is happening to baby each week are confusing me with dates. If first day of last AF is day 1, then I am day 39. Was day 1-7 week 1 or week zero? I ask because I know I am 5 weeks and 4 days but if day 1-7 is week 1 and day 7-14 is week 2 then day 29-35 would be week 5 does that mean I am in the 6th week or in the 5th week because I am 5w4d? I hope that made sense. Sorry for being picky, I just want to be sure.

Other news, nausea has started but only if I go too long without eating or smell something terrible. Gonna put some crackers or granola bars in my purse so I am not caught in a situation where I need food.
I am traveling to see my sister later this week on the other side of the country (trip planned long before I was prego) and she will be the first person I tell other than hubby. She is one of my best friends so I am excited to tell her and have her to talk to about it.

bre_cooper11
October 23rd, 2016, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much for your input Bura!!! Military insurance is a Hospital Managed Care, which is actually the division where I work- so, I am 1,000% it would be denied...I haven't announced it anyone I work for, they're going to end up finding out through a referral or insurance claim, lol!
But, that you so much for this!! 99.00 is much more affordable and I also plan to call lapcorp tomorrow! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

bre_cooper11
October 23rd, 2016, 09:46 PM
Weird question ladies- these prego apps and such that say what is happening to baby each week are confusing me with dates. If first day of last AF is day 1, then I am day 39. Was day 1-7 week 1 or week zero? I ask because I know I am 5 weeks and 4 days but if day 1-7 is week 1 and day 7-14 is week 2 then day 29-35 would be week 5 does that mean I am in the 6th week or in the 5th week because I am 5w4d? I hope that made sense. Sorry for being picky, I just want to be sure.

Other news, nausea has started but only if I go too long without eating or smell something terrible. Gonna put some crackers or granola bars in my purse so I am not caught in a situation where I need food.
I am traveling to see my sister later this week on the other side of the country (trip planned long before I was prego) and she will be the first person I tell other than hubby. She is one of my best friends so I am excited to tell her and have her to talk to about it.

1-6 is week a week and AF is +1day... for example... AF is day 1 =Oct 1st, you are +1 day, you are 1week +0 on Oct 7th, you are 1w1day on Oct 8th... Then 2w0d on Oct 14th... so forth. Hope that helped and didn't further confuse you, haha!

Def keep your blood sugar from plummeting, it also brought on awful headaches for me! Have a safe trip! Pack snacks and Gum (minty gum)... really helped me if I got nauseous!

MrsSparkles
October 24th, 2016, 10:41 AM
I was really confused too Girliecat.
Which app are you on ?
I'm on Ovia
I am sweating loads...is that a pregnancy thing ? Like seriously, I am freaking out about it a bit, have had two showers a day the last week, and used really strong deodorant, but still getting wet patches yuckk

GirlieCat
October 24th, 2016, 10:49 AM
1-6 is week a week and AF is +1day... for example... AF is day 1 =Oct 1st, you are +1 day, you are 1week +0 on Oct 7th, you are 1w1day on Oct 8th... Then 2w0d on Oct 14th... so forth. Hope that helped and didn't further confuse you, haha!

Def keep your blood sugar from plummeting, it also brought on awful headaches for me! Have a safe trip! Pack snacks and Gum (minty gum)... really helped me if I got nauseous!

Thanks. I understand how to figure out how many weeks and days I am, but some apps say "in the 5th week your baby..." so technically if someone is 4w3d they are in their 5th week since at example 0w5d was week 1- but I don't know if that is what the apps or books mean. If I am 5w5d then is that the 5th week or 6th week?

momamia4
October 24th, 2016, 10:55 AM
6th week GirlieCat. :)

bre_cooper11
October 24th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Thanks. I understand how to figure out how many weeks and days I am, but some apps say "in the 5th week your baby..." so technically if someone is 4w3d they are in their 5th week since at example 0w5d was week 1- but I don't know if that is what the apps or books mean. If I am 5w5d then is that the 5th week or 6th week?

Haha, I figured you got it! Sorry, I over explain things... I guess that comes with having 4 little ones.

What mamamia said! 5w5d means your in your 6th wk.

bre_cooper11
October 24th, 2016, 12:15 PM
I called lapcorp and they have the Informa test- which includes gender. 950.00 thru insurance, and 477.00 if you pay out of pocket at the time of the test. My insurance won't cover it. I don't really know any where else to look into in our area. I am considering it, tho. :sigh:

momamia4
October 24th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Sorry for thread crashing but.... bre you should go to the Panorama (it might actually be the Harmony test I'm thinking of here) website and see if there is a lab in your area. I have heard of lots of women on here who call them to get details about how they can get the test when they don't have insurance coverage. I think it's usually around $200. It's definitely worth at least calling to find out. There's also MaterniT21Plus, VisibiliT, Harmony, and Verifi. I don't know if they give discounts but you could call. I hope this helps. :)

Blckhrt
October 24th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Piggybacking on what momamia4 said, definitely investigate the MaterniT21 test. I read recently that they've capped the max out-of-pocket cost at $140 or so.

bre_cooper11
October 24th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Sorry for thread crashing but.... bre you should go to the Panorama (it might actually be the Harmony test I'm thinking of here) website and see if there is a lab in your area. I have heard of lots of women on here who call them to get details about how they can get the test when they don't have insurance coverage. I think it's usually around $200. It's definitely worth at least calling to find out. There's also MaterniT21Plus, VisibiliT, Harmony, and Verifi. I don't know if they give discounts but you could call. I hope this helps. :)

Thank you, I appreciate any information!!
I have been searching! I called a few places... but I won't even get an authorization from the Dr's here because I am not high risk... I am searching but all I have found is labcorp where I do not need a dr authorization. I work with our military insurance and they only authorize the QUAD testing unless you are referred to maternal fetal medicine.

We'll probably wait for the US.

bre_cooper11
October 24th, 2016, 01:16 PM
I called sequenom, for materniT21 and they said out of pocket would 695.00 and I need an authorization. I even found a lab that could draw it and send it. I am lost, lol!

momamia4
October 24th, 2016, 02:29 PM
That's crazy, bre! I don't understand that at all!

GirlieCat
October 24th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Bre- I am still holding onto hope that I can get my insurance to cover it since I am 35 and my sister had a baby with genetic/birth defects. I am going to ask my doctor today as I have an appointment. Just in case they won't I am going to start doing research too and I will let you know what I find. We are willing to pay a few hundred, but probably not $700. Still have plenty of time since I know you have to be past 10 weeks for most of them.

FYI- I found something on "BabyCenter" and "What to expect when expecting" that explained when they say "Week 5" they mean 5w0d-5w6d and that yes you are technically in the 6th week but they call it week 5"

One last silly question (and moma don't worry about crashing, I have a strong feeling you are going to be officially joining before long and I trust everything you have to say so I am glad you are here!)- some things I read say first trimester ends at 11w6d but other say last day of 1st is 12w6d and then others just say it goes through week 13. I am sure it doesn't matter, but I was just curious and hate the inconsistency of things you read.

momamia4
October 24th, 2016, 03:11 PM
GirlieCat, I've also noticed inconsistencies with the end of the 1st trimester. I personally believe the 2nd trimester starts on 13w0d. Also, I hope you're right that I will join you in here soon. :)

MrsSparkles
October 24th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Momamia I am so looking forward to you joining us :D
I am sending positive SMEP dust to you

momamia4
October 24th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Thanks MrsSparkles!! :)

GirlieCat
October 24th, 2016, 07:44 PM
I just got back from my doctors appointment and that was a complete waste. I am not even sure why they had me come in. He did a quick pelvic exam which I wasn't very happy about. Then said a few things and that was basically it. I did ask about testing and he said there are a ton of routine ones now (one special one he said is now standard in California-not sure what that is because he talked to fast to remember) but he also said that I can get the NIPT one too, is that a normal one or is that the ones that tell early gender? Not sure if insurance will pay.

First ultrasound is scheduled for exact 8w0d- is that too early? I just want to see the heart beat, see a baby and not an empty sac and know everything looks okay and maybe get a few pictures. I hate that my insurance is a PPO with a high deductible because I have to pay a ton every time I go in. Normal doc visit is $70, last ultrasound I had to check for cysts was $230...don't get me started on the cost of blood work. My deductible starts all over in Jan so I get to pay this year and next year- yeah. (sorry, insurance makes me crazy).

GirlieCat
October 24th, 2016, 08:11 PM
I did want to share one funny thing. Doc came in room before nurse had come back with results of their pee pregnancy test.
He said- "So congratulations your pregnant" and
I said "so the test was positive?"
He realized the nurse hadn't written the results in the chart yet so while he called her he asked me "Did you take an at home test?"
I said, "yes, about 7 of them and they were all positive."
And he actually said "I never understand why ladies take so many at home test."
All I could say was "Uh to be sure it is real and they stay positive"

Boys...

purple
October 24th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Girlycat 8 weeks is a good time for a scan. My FS said he preferred to do them then rather than 7 weeks when I normally got them done. You should be able to see a little blob (ie. baby) and heartbeat.

The NIPT (non invasive prenatal testing) is the general name for all those tests like Harmony, Verify etc. It should be able to tell you the gender.

Sorry everything costs so much for you! My dr appointments cost me about $30 out of pocket here but now I have hit the medicare safety net so they would be about $9. Kids are bulk billed which means no cost. Most blood tests are free here, except for the NIPT one. I had to pay about $150 for my ultrasounds but the 20wk scan will be free through the public hospital. It is interesting how different things are in different countries!

MrsSparkles
October 25th, 2016, 08:34 AM
I think 8 weeks will be enough to see a heartbeat, although sometimes it doesn't show up until later and all is still fine.

Hope you don't mind me saying this, but your Dr sounds kinda lame ; talking too fast, doing something you're not comfy with, can you change to a different one?

Here in the UK we don't have to pay for the basic NHS care, and I have never been so grateful !
Will have to pay £395 for the NIPT, but that doesn't seem a lot compared to you US ladies.
Then again on the plus side...I have been in American hospitals, and they are so clean and spacious, not like some of ours - my local one is run down and there are no private rooms.

bre_cooper11
October 25th, 2016, 10:02 AM
For sure, 8 weeks should be great to see a blob and heartbeat! When I worked in the ER we found HBs using the Doppler as soon as 10wks!! I saw DD3 at 5wks and 6wks- through a Korean clinic.

How different insurances are! The NIPT will include gender! I hope it's not too much out of pocket! Your co pays are crazy!

Ugh, pelvics... When we were in Korea with DD3, I went in for my 12/13wk apt. I was seeing the head of the clinic and I was prepared for my pelvic and everything... do you know this man only did a part of the pelvic... the KOH swab and gonorrhea swabs. I went in for my 16wk and my normal DR was like we need to do a pelvic ... um, what no?!? Army health care, haha.

GirlieCat
October 25th, 2016, 10:29 AM
MrsSparkles, I agree the doc seems lame. This was first time I met him. I was seeing the nurse practitioner for all my previous visits. I think he was rushed because it was just a "confirmation of pregnancy visit" and not the actual first prenatal visit. I already told hubby that we will do the first real visit but if I don't like him or what he has to say then I am looking for a new doc. Once I am further along and can tell friends, then I can ask for referrals from ladies I know who have recently had babies.

MrsSparkles
October 26th, 2016, 08:00 AM
That's really good that you're going to give it a proper shot.
Like you said maybe he was just rushing.
Last time (ectopic), the midwife who checked me in at 8 weeks was thorough but really blah.
I guess it's cos they can't get too excited until that 12 week mark.

All*blue*everything
October 26th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I think 8 weeks will be enough to see a heartbeat, although sometimes it doesn't show up until later and all is still fine.

Hope you don't mind me saying this, but your Dr sounds kinda lame ; talking too fast, doing something you're not comfy with, can you change to a different one?

Here in the UK we don't have to pay for the basic NHS care, and I have never been so grateful !
Will have to pay £395 for the NIPT, but that doesn't seem a lot compared to you US ladies.
Then again on the plus side...I have been in American hospitals, and they are so clean and spacious, not like some of ours - my local one is run down and there are no private rooms.
I thank god for the NHS!

Sent from mTalk

bre_cooper11
October 26th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I am posting here so much because we haven't told anyone else! haha

I went to take a nap last night after work and didn't get up until this morning to get ready for work and the kids up for school. Loving beef jerky and chips. Also hate everything on my tummy and I'm either showing or bloated already... still crampy too... sometimes so much it worries me.

We also surprised our kids with a dog last night! It was great... my husband's co worker found it on the side of the road and it's a BOY! haha

MrsSparkles
October 26th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Bre - I am so happy that you gave that doggy a home.
Such an awesome thing to do, hope your new family members brings you many years of joy.

I told my Mum last week, and she is being really shitty about it, she thinks we're too old to have children, and that we should take a hint from 'God'

MrsSparkles
October 26th, 2016, 01:26 PM
AllBlue - Yes me too.
Although I fear it will all be a distant memory when our little ones are older, seems the government is intent on privatising it

All*blue*everything
October 26th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Such an awesome thing to do, hope your new family members brings you many years of joy.

I told my Mum last week, and she is being really shitty about it, she thinks we're too old to have children, and that we should take a hint from 'God'
I cant believe your mum said that! How can anyone not be happy about grandchildren...?? My family were a bit negative with numbers 3 & 4 but that was only because they were close in age and handfuls so they were worried about mw coping. Now theve seen ive survived nearly 4 years with 4 sons they are all very happy and positive about this baby!

Sent from mTalk

bre_cooper11
October 26th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I cant believe your mum said that! How can anyone not be happy about grandchildren...?? My family were a bit negative with numbers 3 & 4 but that was only because they were close in age and handfuls so they were worried about mw coping. Now theve seen ive survived nearly 4 years with 4 sons they are all very happy and positive about this baby!

Sent from mTalk

Family and people can be so rude! I can't believe they would say that! I've only told my mom we were swaying and she was on board and she will probably come to help for the summer... fingers crossed. I am worried about DH's family and other people... even though I shouldn't. We probably won't announce until we know the gender or I am too far to hide it... which maybe sooner than I want, haha!

bre_cooper11
October 26th, 2016, 03:49 PM

Thank you!

I think God gave you guys a blessing and that's a bigger 'hint' than our age! haha

MrsSparkles
October 27th, 2016, 03:37 AM
AllBlue - The proof is in the pudding isn't it ?! They can see how amazingly well you've done.
I really believe a child is a blessing, and you've been blessed with more than most, so your family had to get used to that lol

MrsSparkles
October 27th, 2016, 03:40 AM
Bre,

That is actually really neat that you're thinking of hiding until you show hahah
I reckon I can last until week 15 (pray I get there, tomorrow is the big day to see if baby has grown more)

With my Mum, there are other things at work.
She is upset that DH and I won't move there, and has refused to visit us for 5 years (we go to them).
I was really short on the phone with her last night, I told her we don't need her negativity and that she is honoured to be only one of 2 people we've told.
She didn't like that :fight:

honeybee37
October 27th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Mrs Sparkles, I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your parents... I am stopping with mine this week as our house is being knocked apart (!), and I daren't tell them! I know she'll just worry and fret, and ask me how on Earth I will cope with three... (I am an only child). I can't face all that right now and want to have had a scan first.

Bre - I am the same around having things on my tummy. Everything feels right already and I am definitely showing and / or bloated! I feel like I look enormous [emoji33]

Mrs Sparkles, good luck with the scan tomorrow. I hope it's grown and you can feel reassured.

Any other symptoms from anyone? I'm 5+2, feel absolutely shattered, really sore boobs and queasiness which comes and goes but has been worse today and yesterday. I also feel really emotional and worried about everything... oh, and constipated!! [emoji53]

GirlieCat
October 27th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Sparkles, I can't believe your mom said that. I am so sorry. I hope you have other family around that will be supportive. Hope your scan goes great today.

Bre- so happy you rescued a dog. What a great addition to the family. I have cramping still too and sometimes it worries me if it is normal. Doc said it is okay as long as no spotting.

We haven't told anyone yet but that will change soon as I leave today to go see my sister and I am going to tell her Friday. I am so excited to have her to discuss all this with. She was the last one of my siblings to have a baby 5 years ago. I think most of my family is going to be shocked. At 35yr old and DH 38, we have been married 9 years and have said so much in the past that we didn't know if or when we would have kids that I think they all counted us out. We are waiting on early gender blood work till we tell the bulk of the family and friends.

I am 6w1d and nausea is coming daily now but manageable so far. Cramping on and off, sense of smell is super sonic and often leads to the nausea, crazy dreams, some bloating but I think that comes with the constipation. I was so "regular" before but now I am all messed up. I had no idea these things would happen so quick. I need to drink more water, I am really failing in that area which probably isn't helping.

I have the worrying too. I am so scared to lose the pregnancy. Does that ever go away? I personally know a few ladies who lost babies late second trimester and two who lost babies at 39 or 40 weeks and I don't know how anyone feels secure till baby is in your arms. I can't wait to see baby at my 8 week ultrasound.

bre_cooper11
October 27th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Thanks Ladies! The kids voted on Ace (the batdog) for a name... my husband had nothing to do with that, haha.

Sparkles, I am praying I can get to 15wks, too!! Haha! I am excited for your scan and to see bean grow!

Honeybee- it's so uncomfortable and annoying! I guess, for me, my belly is just automatically pregnant at 6wks after 4 kiddos! I am no bigger anywhere else other than my belly poking out! haha.

GirlieCat- That's so great you'll have your sister to talk to!! I hope my girls grow up like this, as I am not that close with my sisters. I think it's awesome you guys can surprise your family and shock them, too! & Good to know about the cramps... naught little kiddos already making us worry!

I am not sure if the delicacy and worry of pregnancy ever really goes away. I lost a pregnancy at 15 almost 16 weeks, but I was under excruciating amounts of stress and moved in between there. However, I think you learn to cope because as moms, we always worry!

Symptoms... I haven't been constipated thankfully, yet! I am still taking acidophilus, which has helped! I am always starving!!!! I am seriously trying to control my calorie intake but I am always starving!! I ate a whole bag of popcorn by myself last night... I always want meat or some kind. I have been a bit nauseous in the morning as soon as I wake up because I am staving and at night I get it in waves. My nipples hurt when Emmie nurses! Ugh and they've gotten smaller and they're a bit sore even when she doesn't nurse, last time my breast were tender in pregnancy was when I was pregnant with DS!

I also find myself worrying about if my sway worked or failed... as it's already been said, blue sways numbers aren't the best recently... so I am nervous!

bre_cooper11
October 27th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Oh and another symptom, my facial hair is out of control! Thank goodness I am blonde! Just in the last few days, it looks like blonde caterpillars took over my eyebrows and gave me a mustache! I usually can go months without waxing or plucking. Has this been a symptom of anyone else?

All*blue*everything
October 27th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Oh and another symptom, my facial hair is out of control! Thank goodness I am blonde! Just in the last few days, it looks like blonde caterpillars took over my eyebrows and gave me a mustache! I usually can go months without waxing or plucking. Has this been a symptom of anyone else?
I think you get hairer with boys? Lol...my belly always seems to get hairy!

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
October 27th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Do u have 4 girls??

Sent from mTalk

bre_cooper11
October 27th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I have 1 boy and 3 girls. DS was conceived with an ex, who is non-existent, and DH has been there since I was 3 months pregnant. & The girls were made with DH :happy:. DH never cared boy or girl... so, it's all me who would like another DS.

bre_cooper11
October 27th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Hmm... not getting my hopes up, lol!:wink:

MrsSparkles
October 27th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Honeybee - I definitely am having more symptoms today. Anything savoury make me gag (and I am a salty addict usually)
All I want is fruit, ice cream, and sweet stuff, other stuff makes me feel sick

GirlieCat - I reckon your symptoms are all super positive signs of a healthy pregnancy :D

Bre - Such a cute name for you new addition :D

MrsSparkles
October 28th, 2016, 06:36 AM
:awe: Just saw a tiny little heartbeat
The feeling was magic !

GirlieCat
October 28th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Oh yeah. So happy for you Sparkles. Bet that makes it feel so much more real.

bre_cooper11
October 28th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Did you sneak a pic??

MrsSparkles
October 28th, 2016, 12:46 PM
GirlieCat - i almost cried, but held it together !

Bre - Couldn't sneak a picture as they did the Corpus Luteum last, so when I was left to get dressed the only thing on the screen was that lol

I can't wait till you ladies have your scans, I want to see pictures too yay

bre_cooper11
October 28th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Awe, good try tho!!!

I wont have scan until forever!!

MrsSparkles
October 28th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Awe, good try tho!!!

I wont have scan until forever!!

When is yours?
It feels like forever doesn't it

Serenity
October 29th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Aw.....congratulations Mrs. Sparkles! :awe::happy:

I'm tentitively dipping my toe in here. I got a BFP last week and tests have just gotten darker since then, so I'm hoping it's a sticky one. My DS2 says I am having a boy, and DS1 says it is boy/girl twins...I felt a bit uneasy after he said that, because normally I can correctly intuit the gender right away, but this time I'm getting mixed signals (feeling and dreaming first of a girl, and then a boy). Last night I dreamt of twins, but this seems incredibly unlikely: I have no family history of twins. I think my intuition is probably confused because of my gender desire. :happy:

Is anyone else so tired they can barely move, and drinking water all the time? I don't remember being this exhausted when I was pregnant with my boys. I'm wondering if I have nutritional deficits from swaying or something.

bre_cooper11
October 30th, 2016, 12:29 PM
When is yours?
It feels like forever doesn't it

I have an "orientation" with a nurse on the 2nd, and then we will schedule my 11-13wk appt where we will probably do a pap and a bedside US. So, we will see after the 2nd!

bre_cooper11
October 30th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Welcome Serenity! congrats on your BFP! praying for a sticky one for sure!!

I def believe in having that feeling or 'knowing', but I do feel that gender desiree can muck it up a bit! I dreamt that DD2&3 were boys- like 3 times with DD3. I didn't get gender confirmation with dd3, but was pretty sure due to prior scans and just 'knew'. Plus, you never know about twins!! Good luck either way!! Sending tons of pink dust!!! & praying it does mean something this time, too, I just feel like it's more of a boy this time... feels weird to say it's a girl or girl names... but we ran out of girl names years ago, lol!

honeybee37
October 30th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Mrs Sparkles, that's amazing news!!! So how many weeks are you now? I am 5+5 and panicking a bit today cos I don't feel nauseous. It could be that I've not let myself get hungry at all and been snacking (seems so strange!), but I'm having dark thoughts :( Have got an early scan booked for Tuesday morning. I'll be 6+0 and praying that hey can see a heartbeat or else I'll be worrying again and I have such a crazy busy week coming up, I could do without feeling super anxious too!

Bre I think you're right that gender desire can cloud your 'intuition' a bit. I was sure ds2 was a girl. He definitely isn't, lol!

How is everyone else feeling? I am really tired and have extremely tender boobs but am wishing I felt more sick today!!

GirlieCat
October 30th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Honey, it is funny you say you get nervous when you don't feel nauseous because I thought the same thing this morning because I felt too good and it scared me. Then by lunch I was totally sick and about to throw up and I thought I was crazy for wanting to feel something earlier in the day. Our minds sure do mess with us.

Does anyone else have a fever or hot flashes? Is a fever in early pregnancy normal? I feel like crap. I am either sick and about to throw up, or I am tired and need a nap or I am eating to avoid feeling sick. I hate all the snacking and I miss the LE diet pattern. I am 6w4d...this is going to be a long couple months if this sickness continues like this through 1st trimester.

MrsSparkles
October 31st, 2016, 06:30 AM
Mrs Sparkles, that's amazing news!!! So how many weeks are you now? I am 5+5 and panicking a bit today cos I don't feel nauseous. It could be that I've not let myself get hungry at all and been snacking (seems so strange!), but I'm having dark thoughts :( Have got an early scan booked for Tuesday morning. I'll be 6+0 and praying that hey can see a heartbeat or else I'll be worrying again and I have such a crazy busy week coming up, I could do without feeling super anxious too!

Bre I think you're right that gender desire can cloud your 'intuition' a bit. I was sure ds2 was a girl. He definitely isn't, lol!

How is everyone else feeling? I am really tired and have extremely tender boobs but am wishing I felt more sick today!!

Hi Honeybee,
I'm 6+2 now, they measured me a week earlier than my calculations.
Will say that the sickness has really kicked in this last 3 days, it was just the odd nausea, but now it is 24 hours a day
Enjoy the not feeling sick whilst you can :D
Some women don't get it at all, whilst others not until well into the first trimester.

MrsSparkles
October 31st, 2016, 06:32 AM
Does anyone else have a fever or hot flashes? Is a fever in early pregnancy normal? I feel like crap. I am either sick and about to throw up, or I am tired and need a nap or I am eating to avoid feeling sick. I hate all the snacking and I miss the LE diet pattern. I am 6w4d...this is going to be a long couple months if this sickness continues like this through 1st trimester.

Not got the hot flashes or fever, although heard being hotter than normal is common.

I feel you on the sickness....it is constant these last few days.
Holding in a dry heave as I type.
We can get through this, gotta think that every bit of sickness is extra progesterone making our beans stickier :D

Serenity
November 1st, 2016, 01:13 PM
I have big news...over the last several days I have become more and more convinced that I might be pregnant with twins - I've been dreaming of two separate babies, my symptoms have been quite exaggerated and I look like I'm 3 or 4 months gone already. My family doctor is on vacation, so I went to a walk in clinic to get a referral to an OB in the town where I live (which my family doctor was going to get me). The clinic doctor took one look at me and said, "I think you might be having twins," and ordered an ultrasound to check. I have the ultrasound in 3 hours...simultaneously excited and terrified. :eek:

All*blue*everything
November 1st, 2016, 03:57 PM
Hi! :) BFP on my third cycle swaying for a girl after 4 boys. Due June 14 :)
Ahh a fellow 4 boy mum..Will u be finding out gender??

Sent from mTalk

Serenity
November 1st, 2016, 05:38 PM
OK I need someone to talk me down right now. I went for an ultrasound and they found "nothing conclusive." Like not one baby, or two babies. And her manner was so confusing! At first she was acting like I had had a miscarriage and didn't know it, and then after she looked at my ovaries she got all weird and smiley and said, "I think they'll definitely what to send you back in a couple of weeks." And my doctor is away for a couple of weeks now, so I am on my own with these "inconclusive results" for a long time. I don't want to stress out my baby(s???), if any even exist, but I'm worried. And the thing is, I could swear I saw two tiny sacks right next to each other, but when I said that she said "it could be, but it could just be a pocket of fluid." WHAT THE HELL I'M TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!!!

MrsSparkles
November 1st, 2016, 05:48 PM
I think you're just too early to show.
If it's twins they can take just as much time to show up as singletons, contrary to popular thought :)
Because they're still going to be hard to see until week 6.

Also could the fact that you look 4 months gone not just be bloat ?
I am soooo bloated and have been from week 4, when they would not have seen anything !

Serenity
November 1st, 2016, 06:17 PM
Thanks Mrs. Sparkles. By the way, I did not mean to dislike your previous post. So you don't think this means I'm having another loss? :nails:

GirlieCat
November 1st, 2016, 10:25 PM
I was going to say exactly what Sparkles said and guess the belly is bloating. I bloated bad week 4-5 and then it got better (I am 7 weeks tomorrow). How far along are you Serenity? If I recall you are about 5 weeks which I think is far too early to see anything good or bad. My doc said he won't even do an ultrasound till 7-8 weeks because they can't see much before that. Have you had spotting? Try to take it easy and take one day at a time.

MrsSparkles
November 2nd, 2016, 05:02 AM
I'm really feeling in my gut that it is just too early !
2 weeks is the right time for them to want to bring you back in :)
When they do I imagine you will see the sac, but maybe not a heartbeat at that stage (again too early) so please don't panic !

Serenity
November 2nd, 2016, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I did some googling and I think you guys are right, it's just too early to see anything. Pregnancy tests are still positive and I'm having lots of symptoms, so I'm sure all is well. I haven't had any bleeding or cramping.

I agree that it makes logical sense that my bump could just be bloating. The thing is, I have learned over many years to always trust my intuition - it has never let me down before. I didn't WANT twins, so there's no reason I should be fixated on that idea. And the fact that the doctor thought this was a possibility too (before I mentioned my concern) gives me serious pause. Multiples are high risk, so it's not something I've wished for, but I am really wondering. The level of exhaustion, hunger and thirst is just not normal - I drank almost 4L of whole milk yesterday plus several cups of water, and I can barely move around. Maybe I have gestational diabetes.

I'm looking forward to discussing my concerns with an OB, when I can see one, and hopefully getting a follow up ultrasound. Thanks all for your support. :happy:

bre_cooper11
November 2nd, 2016, 12:20 PM
I just had my appt with the nurse. She just went over my history and all that. Almost died when I told her I've been pregnant 7 times... Sigh. They have my EDD for 15 June, which I told them it's not accurate but was like it's ok. Then I scheduled my 10-12 wk appt on the 29 Nov, which the nurse said they may or may not do an US... they will only do an US if I measure off or they can't find the HB... Wonderful.

So, I have been extremely exhausted but not too sick... I could probably sleep all day but then be fine the next! I am bit nauseous here and there, too. Nothing terrible, right now. I am still starving!!! I wanted an bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and baked potato and brisket with cheese and butter... omg yum!! Then I wanted Nachos!

Serenity,
I hope everything works out!! I hate being in suspense, it drives me mad!!

MrsSparkles
November 3rd, 2016, 07:03 AM
Hey Bre,

That's great news that you managed to see a nurse, tbh though Shouldn't they do an US regardless at 12 weeks ?
That's the standard in the UK, and we're really backwards compared to the rest of Europe and I thought the USA too.

I think you're symptoms are right in line with how many weeks gone you calculate, the tiredness and wanting to eat carbs to energise you lol
All good signs.

bre_cooper11
November 3rd, 2016, 11:28 AM
Hey Bre,

That's great news that you managed to see a nurse, tbh though Shouldn't they do an US regardless at 12 weeks ?
That's the standard in the UK, and we're really backwards compared to the rest of Europe and I thought the USA too.

I think you're symptoms are right in line with how many weeks gone you calculate, the tiredness and wanting to eat carbs to energise you lol
All good signs.

Yes, it should be done at 12 wks regardless! However I have military insurance, which as I've said before, is a blessing and a curse. Ugh... they do the absolute minimum and If you're measuring on track means your dates are right and baby is fine... :rolleyes: ugh.

I think we'll at least get a private scan. However, the thought of it makes my anxiety sky rocket, I put so much into my sway! I think I would be at peace if it was another girl, but it would be difficult to know that my sway failed... and I don't take 'no' very well and the fact that this has to be our last and it would be another girl would be the worst part.

I am glad I am having symptoms that are aligned with how far I am! Glad to know bean is sticking! With how hungry I am just fearful I am going to be a house this time... I'm already starting out 7lbs heavier!

All*blue*everything
November 3rd, 2016, 01:02 PM
I've just booked another private scan for this Saturday! Now I just need to talk hubby into it lol...cant wait to see how much baby has changed since the last one x

Sent from mTalk

amelia
November 3rd, 2016, 05:29 PM
We went to the first 8 week OB appointment today, heard the heartbeat, and got an ultrasound! Everything looks good so far.33613

GirlieCat
November 3rd, 2016, 07:33 PM
Yeah Amelia- those are great pictures!! So happy for you that you got to hear the hearbeat and everything checked out good. I have my 8 week ultrasound next Wednesday and I hope mine is as positive as yours. So happy for you!! How are you feeling?

honeybee37
November 4th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Wow so much to catch up on! Amelia your pictures look great, that's really exciting!
Bre I know how you feel about gender worry. At the moment I am trying not to think about it but this is definitely our last baby and we won't find out. I'm not going to look at the screen I don't think!!
I went for a 'reassurance' scan on Tuesday. I thought I was exactly 6+0 based on very sharp O pains but I was only measuring 5+5 so I have to go back next Wednesday. She says there's some variation in how quickly they grow but im a bit worried. Hopefully all will be ok though. My next scan is on Wednesday. Been feeling more sick this week so I'm hopeful that's a good sign.

bre_cooper11
November 4th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Great pictures Amelia! I am guessing girl.

Honeybee, I didn't confirm the gender with dd3... it was great. But I 'knew' she was another girl :) So, that's awesome you guys are waiting!!!! For me, waiting helped my GD... I did have a few break downs but overall it helped! I think this time we will find out... I need to know if my sway worked. Still gives me utter anxiety when thinking about it!

So, yesterday I was craving pork roast and had it for dinner!! This morning as I was getting the left overs for work, I threw up... which is a first since my son! I only had mild-severe nausea with the girls. With dd1 I was just terribly nauseated!! I could only eat egg white and toast! ... I only every actually threw up with my son.

...Seriously, not trying to look into symptoms haha... it's sooo hard!!

MrsSparkles
November 4th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Amelia ! Such cute pictures :D
You must feel so much more relieved now, what a fantastic appointment.

Hope yours goes really amazing too GirlieCat, and am looking forward to seeing the piccies.

Bre - I feel the same about the NHS, it's a blessing and a curse. We get the basic 3 scans, and it's free healthcare, but it is lacking in some areas.
My bff just had a baby (she's in Germany), and she had 9 scans all paid for my her insurance, all she ended up paying for the whole birth was 150euros, and the care was incredible.
Interesting about not throwing up with your DD, I just feel nauseated all the time, but I worry it's another boy for my OH (he has 2 boys, and is one of 3 boys)

MrsSparkles
November 4th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Wow so much to catch up on! Amelia your pictures look great, that's really exciting!
Bre I know how you feel about gender worry. At the moment I am trying not to think about it but this is definitely our last baby and we won't find out. I'm not going to look at the screen I don't think!!
I went for a 'reassurance' scan on Tuesday. I thought I was exactly 6+0 based on very sharp O pains but I was only measuring 5+5 so I have to go back next Wednesday. She says there's some variation in how quickly they grow but im a bit worried. Hopefully all will be ok though. My next scan is on Wednesday. Been feeling more sick this week so I'm hopeful that's a good sign.

Wow we are mirroring each other lol.
That was what happened to me, and went back nd all good had grown, so sure it will be awesome for you too

Blckhrt
November 4th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Hi again, everyone! Adding my own update to the mix.

I don't have my first midwife appointment till 10 weeks - very end of the month - but meanwhile I've had a few beta HCG draws with my PCP. They're rising higher, faster, than they did with my son. Earlier this week at 6w2d they were just under 80,000! Doubling time is supposed to be 72-96 hours at this point but mine is still 50-something hours!

I was hit with nausea at 6w on the dot. I can almost never find anything that sounds good to eat - and when I do, it starts sickening me halfway through! It's hard to call this "morning sickness" because I have not even come close to throwing up, and have only gagged once on my toothbrush. It's just an all-day feeling of I guess nausea - queasiness, food aversion (like ALL food!), feeling gross. It's so odd. I didn't have this last time.

Speaking of all that, it's REALLY hard not to compare symptoms to my prior (boy) pregnancy. With him, I had no nausea whatsoever, average betas, sore boobs, AWFUL mood swings, some food aversions but only for specific foods (like eggs) rather than ALL food, and quite a few food *cravings*. This time I have daily nausea (although not severe), high betas, normal boobs (though my nipples are not enjoying my son's one daily nursing session), I'm emotionally even-keeled, ALL food sounds gross to me even though I'm starving, and no cravings to speak of. I know it all means nothing and am trying not to get my hopes up, but I'm failing!

I called my midwife's office and let them know I'll want an NIPT this time, preferably AT my 10-week appt. The nurse said they may try to schedule it a week after that "since most people are a little farther behind than they think." Little does she know just how exactly I know my O date! Hopefully it'll all work out and I can get my blood drawn that day; I'm going to the same midwife I saw last time and I think she'll trust my dating/tracking. Isn't it weird, though, that the more you know about your cycle, the harder it is to get others "on board" with what you KNOW is your proper due date?!

GirlieCat
November 4th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Black, those betas are great. I haven't had any blood work done yet so I will never know what my numbers are. I think it is great that you just stick with what you know is your O day and your due date. My doctor said he trusted my dates and that he doesn't usually change the due date around much even if the ultrasound tech measures it different because early measurements are not accurate down to the exact day. Exciting that you already are scheduling your NIPT. I think I am going to wait till 11 or 12 weeks because I want to be sure that it is fully accurate and I don't have to doubt that I did it too soon if it comes back girl (I know you can get false girl results if you do it too early and the boy dna isn't strong enough in your blood yet).

AFM- I hate how I feel. It is kind of like you black in terms of feeling just yucky, but I have thrown up and even when I don't throw up I feel like I might. Then I eat to try and feel better but my stomach is so small that I can't eat much at all and then I feel sick from eating too much. I told myself that if I got sick during pregnancy that I would just grin and bear it and be happy to be pregnant, but man do I feel like crap almost all day long every day lately. I am of course still happy, but it gets me down to think that it could be like this for a few more months or God forbid longer if I am one of those woman that stays sick for a long time. My sister said she threw up almost every day until about 4 months. I am also afraid that with all the frequent eating to keep my stomach calm, that I am going to gain too much weight. It is a huge switch from the LE diet.

Okay, sorry to sound whiny, just needed to vent.

amelia
November 4th, 2016, 06:40 PM
I'm having a pretty easy pregnancy so far and haven't thrown up at all yet. It turns out my close coworker's wife has the exact same due date as me! We traded ultrasound photos and are having fun sharing this adventure together. I'm excited for your NIPT Bickhrt! :) I have a genetic counseling appointment on November 15 (10 weeks and 1 day) and will hopefully get all my blood tests done then, including NIPT. I can't wait..

kc15880
November 4th, 2016, 07:00 PM
BFP at 3an this morning! I am cd12 & I just couldnt wait any longer. 40 weeks on LE diet, 17kg lighter than when I conceived ds1, still bf. I have to say if I dont get my pink bundle I gave it a bloody good try.

I have been troubled with a short luteal phase & super light periods since I started the LE diet. AF has only been 18-24hrs at best & very very light. We had 4 attempt months in total This month we essentially had one attempt at opk (we were BD e4d with hubby releasing after 2), I dropped 1 breastfeed a day (so still bf morning & night twice in toral) from our attempt incase my raised prolactin levels were lowering my progesterone & inhibiting implantation. I also atea slice of pineapple for 5 days after ovulation. I was also eating full fat dairy once a day, fish once a week & eating at the upper end of the LE diet to maintain weight (I couldnt afford to drop anymore).

This month I have felt eerily calm & the least stressed of all our attempt months. I cant explain it. I did eat breakfast a few times before ovulation as I wondered that the prolonged fasting was causing increased cortisol & more stress so perhaps thats it. I certainly didnt think about food quite so much so maybe that was the key. Knowing that I can now go eat a steak for dinner tonight is also very exciting.

Technically due 17th July but who knows when our bundle will arrive :)

Britt316
November 4th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share my story so far. I am pregnant with our third child. My due date is July 3rd. We tried for a boy as we have two little girls. I would be happy with a healthy baby. I have a 30 day cycle and ovulated day 17. I started testing a few days early and got that faint line that no one can see but you in the right light one day after missed period. I called the doctor and asked for a blood test to confirm and it was negative. The nurse told me to call back in three months if I didn't start. I just knew I was pregnant. I never miss my period and my breast get veiny and areolas get darker. So 4 days after my missed period I decided to test again and positive. I got three more tests and tested everyday for three days and it got darker. Because you can argue with a digital I took one and quickly said pregnant. I go on November 15th for first sonogram and appointment! Trust your body! Due July 3rd!!

GirlieCat
November 4th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Welcome Kc andBritt. So happy to have more BFP and ladies joining this DD group. Congratulations!!

All*blue*everything
November 5th, 2016, 02:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CefgWOg.jpg

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
November 5th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Just had another private scan x

Sent from mTalk

Blckhrt
November 5th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I didn't know that about false girl results on the NIPT! I've actually worried about false BOY results because I read somewhere that if you've ever had even one boy, some amount of male DNA stays in your blood. But it must not affect the test too much or people would get wrong results all the time. :) I had also read it's actually valid from 9 weeks on but they say 10 weeks to be safe. Still hoping she'll let me get it at my 10 week appt but at least now, if I have to wait another week, I can tell myself it'll get me more accurate results!

My next main concern is telling my best friend. She and her hubby have been ATTC for OVER 2 years :( since I was pregnant with my son. She's done Clomid, metformin, all that jazz but just doesn't ovulate. I honestly don't know why they're not pursuing IVF yet - we're all in our early-to-mid-30s so if I were her I'd probably be to that point. But I think she's still holding out hope she can "fix" what's wrong with her. She is not the type of person to be openly resentful or hurt but I KNOW that when I tell her, she will be privately upset just out of sadness. I hate to make her feel that way. I really wish I had asked her months ago how she'd want me to tell her someday. Folks on my BBC birth board say to tell by text or email...no way! That seems so impersonal and icky. We've been best friends since we were 14-15 so I need to woman up and just tell her soon. I just dread making her feel bad.

MrsSparkles
November 5th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Awwwww your bean is adorable

honeybee37
November 6th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Wow, amazing baby pics!! So cool.
Is anyone else nauseous at night? I am also full of cold so this might not help but I was awake a couple of hours in the night feeling soooo sick. Yesterday I felt sick all day and spent the whole day nibbling (am going to be so huge at this rate...). My boobs are incredibly sore to the point where I can't sleep or get comfortable in clothes. Anyway... how is everyone doing? I am nervous about my scan on Wednesday! I really hope it's grown the right amount!

MrsSparkles
November 6th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Good luck for your scan honeybee !

I am feeling a bit down today, my symptoms have vanished at 7 weeks+1 day.
People say it's normal for them to come and go, but after so many mc, it does make me fearful.
Am paying for a private scan at 9weeks+2 (midwife told me to wait until then, as if it's good news, the chance of a mc at over 9 weeks is less than 1%)

GirlieCat
November 6th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Hi honey- I am neasous all day but my fever spikes at night. I feel miserable all day. Boobs only slightly sore. I have my first ultrasound Wednesday too! I will be 8w0d. I am excited and nervous. Good luck on yours.

Sparkles, I am sorry you are feeling fearful. I understand. I would give anything for the nausea to go away but if it did I know I would wonder if that was a bad sign. Lots of ladies have perfectly healthy pregnancies with little symptoms (I envy them right now). This first trimester really is harder both physically and mentally, with worry and wonder, than I would have guessed. My sister doesn't understand why I worry about mc and won't tell anyone I am pregnant...I just know too many ladies who have had loses and I think my age adds an element of doubt to that (only 35 but that is still the age they warn you risks rise).

I am feeling kinda down. I know it is probably because I am sick all day and that makes me miserable but I am fearing now how much life is going to change and if we are really ready for this. Hoping Wednesday's scan will help me feel more connected to baby and hopeful.

Dreamsister
November 7th, 2016, 03:38 AM
T

Dreamsister
November 7th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Hi all of you lovely ladies! BFP on my 6. cycle swaying for a girl after 3 boys. Due June 21.
I had one missed abortion in July so hope this one sticks. Had a scan on Friday and the doctor saw and heard the heart beating. Baby is 7+5 days.
I am feeling miserable with nausea, fatigue and sore boobs. The only thing that save my day is to go to bed same time with my kids and get 8-9 hors of sleep every night. Symptoms is much worse than with my previous pregnancies. But I have heard that the older you get, symptoms will get worse. It is 6,5 year ago I gave birth last time to my third son, so this is quiet overwhelming for me to be pregnant at the age of 41,5. I am both exited and nervous. I know my family will be chocked to hear that we are expecting. I look forward to follow your journeys and I am thankfull to have some due buddies in this valuable forum.

Dreamsister
November 7th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Anyone doing the Panorama/Harmony test from week 9/10 - to make sure the cromosomes are normal?

kc15880
November 7th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Harmony costs $500 here in australia so its a bit expensive I think

honeybee37
November 7th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Welcome dreamsister! I too am going to bed at the same time as my children and it will also be 6.5 years since I gave birth!
I definitely did not feel this wiped out with my other pregnancies. I feel so so wiped out... is anyone else struggling with feeling faint/lightheaded? I nearly fainted during the school run today and my son's teaching assistant had to get me a drink of water and a biscuit... so embarrassing!!

MrsSparkles
November 7th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Harmony costs $500 here in australia so its a bit expensive I think

I was thinking that too, especially as the 'safe' zone is meant to be after 12 weeks.
Imagine shelling out for the test and then the worst happening :(
Hear lots of US ladies can have it on their insurance plan.

Definitely not sure what to do, will wait until after my scan at 9 weeks

bre_cooper11
November 7th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Cute bean Allblue!

Welcome dreamsister!! I love all of these new ladies joining!! In my last DD group I was apart of the handful that was due last, very different to be apart of the group that's due in the beginning!

So sorry to hear about so much nausea ladies! With DD1 I was worthless... just felt like some hit me with a truck and I was so nauseous! So pink dust all around!!

Sparkles, you're in my thoughts!! I hope bean is sticky just causing a bit of trouble!

I am a US lady and my insurance doesn't allow NIPT testing... My husband is Active Duty Army, so our insurance is a bit different than civilian ladies. I would have to shell out like $690.00 in my area. So, surely out of the question! We have to rely on the good 'ol ultrasound. We have decided... well I have DH has no idea what's going on, haha, that we'll go for a private scan or so because of the uncertainty of my next appt!

I am running a bit warm, my feet and fingers are cold tho. I had some rough morning sickness on Friday morning but it's been smooth sailing since. Minor pregnancy issues here and there but nothing too awful! I thought I was going to have to tell everyone I was pregnant on Friday, tho... I was so green from my crockpot roast leftovers! I am still hungry all of the time, what I want changes every 3 seconds... this weekend I ate a lot of fried eggs, bacon and toast because I was talking about it, lol and it settled well! Thinking of you all!

bre_cooper11
November 7th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Also, DH and I did have a heart to heart last night... he was being a bear because the puppy has kept him up (his fault, haha). Anyways, he asked me how I would react to another girl. I explained to him that if bean is another girl I would love her of course, but I will be mourning our son... and that I would need his support, he said he didn't really know how to approach me. (MEN!) I told him, he probably wouldn't have to 'approach me' it would be natural. He seemed to understand, but has his doubts about swaying. He is generally understanding but it's hard for him because he believes it's up to God... which I understand. Gender Disappointment is so hard to explain and deal with!

MrsSparkles
November 8th, 2016, 04:26 AM
It is so hard to explain isn't it bre.
People cannot truly 'get it'.
I feel more at peace now, knowing that everything points to my sway having failed, but I struggled last week (thought dreadful thoughts, and hated myself).
It really is like mourning, and letting go of the hope and dream of your desired gender.
But people think "What is wrong with her?! She's pregnant, and thats a blessing"
Doesn't make our feelings any less valid !

Dreamsister
November 8th, 2016, 06:08 AM
How is your DHs reacting to your pregnancies? Is he exited, neutral or worried? My DH is worried. I also worry about how a little new one will affect our family and I worry about what if the child is not healthy. This would really put a pressure on our life. I also worry about not having enough time for my 3 little ones. Maybe my hormones are playing with me. I guess it is normal to worry. But I wish I could just relax, enjoy and have faith that everything will turn out well. Having worries sucks. Anyone also worries too much?

DS1 (9) ❤️ DS2 (8) [emoji173] DS3 (5) ❤️ DW (41) [emoji1326] DH (38) [emoji144] TTC'ing pink from May 2016

MrsSparkles
November 8th, 2016, 06:33 AM
He's super excited, it's our first baby together and everything is new.

Dreamsister
November 8th, 2016, 06:46 AM

I bet he is. That is so sweet. Enjoy the feeling ❤️[emoji106]

DS1 (9) ❤️ DS2 (8) [emoji173] DS3 (5) ❤️ DW (41) [emoji1326] DH (38) [emoji144] TTC'ing pink from May 2016

MrsSparkles
November 8th, 2016, 07:25 AM
I was going to add, that I also have fears of if the baby isn't healthy ?
Is that with every pregnancy ?

All*blue*everything
November 8th, 2016, 09:15 AM
I just found out that a lady on my large family group is having a girl after 4 boys...my immediate heart reaction was jealousy 🙁 I feel like a terrible person....im jealous of a total stranger...im even more convinced that I will be the one with 5 boys.

Sent from mTalk

bre_cooper11
November 8th, 2016, 11:30 AM

My husband is generally excited! His grandfather had 7 kids and when we found out about this one he was excited to resemble his grandfather. I do think swaying and GD isn't quite as romantic and he is worried that my dreams of blue will be crushed and how that will affect me.

bre_cooper11
November 8th, 2016, 12:38 PM
I just found out that a lady on my large family group is having a girl after 4 boys...my immediate heart reaction was jealousy �� I feel like a terrible person....im jealous of a total stranger...im even more convinced that I will be the one with 5 boys.

Sent from mTalk

I react like this EVERY TIME!! I feel awful that I do, but each time someone announces they're having a boy... I'm like... 'seriously?! How did they do that!!' It's great for them but I just get so jealous, why can't I make another boy!?
My best friend had no idea she was pregnant until she was 27WKS!!!!!! It was her 4th baby and she already had GBG and then found out it was a BOY! In addition, she's a vegetarian! I am happy for them but so jealous!

Dreamsister
November 8th, 2016, 01:28 PM
I react like this EVERY TIME!! I feel awful that I do, but each time someone announces they're having a boy... I'm like... 'seriously?! How did they do that!!' It's great for them but I just get so jealous, why can't I make another boy!?
My best friend had no idea she was pregnant until she was 27WKS!!!!!! It was her 4th baby and she already had GBG and then found out it was a BOY! In addition, she's a vegetarian! I am happy for them but so jealous!

Wauh. How can one not notice a pregnancy and find out at 27 weeks! That is absolutely shocking.

Dreamsister
November 8th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Hi honey- I am neasous all day but my fever spikes at night. I feel miserable all day. Boobs only slightly sore. I have my first ultrasound Wednesday too! I will be 8w0d. I am excited and nervous. Good luck on yours.

Sparkles, I am sorry you are feeling fearful. I understand. I would give anything for the nausea to go away but if it did I know I would wonder if that was a bad sign. Lots of ladies have perfectly healthy pregnancies with little symptoms (I envy them right now). This first trimester really is harder both physically and mentally, with worry and wonder, than I would have guessed. My sister doesn't understand why I worry about mc and won't tell anyone I am pregnant...I just know too many ladies who have had loses and I think my age adds an element of doubt to that (only 35 but that is still the age they warn you risks rise).

I am feeling kinda down. I know it is probably because I am sick all day and that makes me miserable but I am fearing now how much life is going to change and if we are really ready for this. Hoping Wednesday's scan will help me feel more connected to baby and hopeful.

GirlieCat you sound just like me. I am also feeling miserable because of nausea, fatugue and fear of all the new. Hope your scan goes weel. Please Update us tomorrow.

Dreamsister
November 8th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I just found out that a lady on my large family group is having a girl after 4 boys...my immediate heart reaction was jealousy [emoji853] I feel like a terrible person....im jealous of a total stranger...im even more convinced that I will be the one with 5 boys.

Sent from mTalk

Don't loose faith. Maybe you have a pink bean cooking right now. Try not to focus on gender although I know it is hard not to.

All*blue*everything
November 8th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Don't loose faith. Maybe you have a pink bean cooking right now. Try not to focus on gender although I know it is hard not to.

It looked like a boy according to ramzi....

Sent from mTalk

MrsSparkles
November 8th, 2016, 03:50 PM
It looked like a boy according to ramzi....

Sent from mTalk

Mine too *sigh*
Mind you, it's not always right, atomic says its not reliable

All*blue*everything
November 8th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Mine too *sigh*
Mind you, it's not always right, atomic says its not reliable
I actually don't want to know but I know when I have my 12wk scan in 2wks I will be studying the nub and skull. ☹

Sent from mTalk

MrsSparkles
November 8th, 2016, 04:43 PM
I will be too.
We've decided not to pay for the NIPT test, we had a long discussion, and if the baby had DS we wouldn't terminate.
So it would just be a really expensive gender test, and again we wouldn't terminate on the basis of gender....so might as well wait for nub scrutinisation lol

bre_cooper11
November 8th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Wauh. How can one not notice a pregnancy and find out at 27 weeks! That is absolutely shocking.

No kidding!! She said she had no symptoms what so ever! They were going through a lot life wise. They only way she realized she was pregnant was because she felt movement!!
I know another girl who didn't find out until she was 21wk with a girl, only found out because she had a kidney infection and they scanned her.

bre_cooper11
November 8th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Was ramzi right with your other boys? It could have been a different viewing plane, ya know? Don't put too much into it! I can't believe it's almost nub time!

All*blue*everything
November 9th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Was ramzi right with your other boys? It could have been a different viewing plane, ya know? Don't put too much into it! I can't believe it's almost nub time!
Looking back I think it was, my sister in law who is due the same as me hers looks like a girl..

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
November 9th, 2016, 01:09 AM
I will be too.
We've decided not to pay for the NIPT test, we had a long discussion, and if the baby had DS we wouldn't terminate.
So it would just be a really expensive gender test, and again we wouldn't terminate on the basis of gender....so might as well wait for nub scrutinisation lol
I never have any tests even though they are free here...

Sent from mTalk

Dreamsister
November 9th, 2016, 04:25 AM
I am going to take a Panorama test here in Denmark. It is a newer version of the more common Harmony test. I can have it from 9 full weeks. It is quiet expensive, but I won't take any risk. I am advanced maternal age and my DH and I will terminate the pregnancy if the baby have chromosome abnormality. I will use the blood test as a supplement to the nuchal translucency scan you get offered through the public health care system here at 12-wks.

MrsSparkles
November 9th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Dreamsister,

A lot of women are using the panorama or Harmony here.
After the nuchal scan...if there is a high risk, they have the blood test instead of the amnio.
I definitely think thats wise if you know you will terminate.
I'm a geriatric pregnancy (charming, but thats how they say it in the UK) so at increased risk of abnormalities.

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2016, 12:49 PM
I am going to take a Panorama test here in Denmark. It is a newer version of the more common Harmony test. I can have it from 9 full weeks. It is quiet expensive, but I won't take any risk. I am advanced maternal age and my DH and I will terminate the pregnancy if the baby have chromosome abnormality. I will use the blood test as a supplement to the nuchal translucency scan you get offered through the public health care system here at 12-wks.

I'm not sure what is going on with everyone but I saw this and just wanted to mention that the nuchal screens, triple and quad screens are really, really unreliable and the main factor for a "positive" reading (because it isn't a test, it is just a screening process to decide who should have an amnio and who shouldn't) is maternal age. So virtually all of us over 35 will automatically get a high risk on those even if our nuchal scans are perfectly fine. I would not ever recommend anyone have triple/quad screen, ever. I have only ever seen false positives and a lot of terror and heartache from using them. I know the blood tests are expensive but at least they are accurate.

GirlieCat
November 9th, 2016, 06:24 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161109/9248eaf50868c4ef62adebeff3b39491.jpg

Had my first ultrasound today. Could very clearly see baby and the flutter of the heart beat. Heart rate was 171 which tech said was nice and strong. Baby measured almost perfect for how far along I am. Tech said 7w6d and I am 8w0d so right where it needs to be.

It was great to see and I felt instantly happy but that joy is quickly over shadowed by the constant sickness, needing to eat, not wanting to eat, not sleeping at night and the endless fever feeling.

I know I will get there, but the idea of something living inside me and making me sick all the time feels more parasitic and weird than a beautiful miracle. Keeping my sights set on second trimester and hoping I feel emotionally better when I don't have the urge to puke non stop.

Thanking the Lord for a healthy bean despite the sickness.

Dreamsister
November 10th, 2016, 02:18 AM
Hi GirlieCat. Thanks for updating us and huge congrats with the scan. You certainly have a healthy bean growing in there. I know how you feel about not being able to relax and enjoy the feeling full force because of sickness and not well being. I also still feel miserable all day long and night too and getting up and go to work and taking care of family is a huge effort. I hope having these strong pregnancy symptoms is only a good sign and that it goes away when we enter our second trimester. Are you going to do any NIPT tests?

Dreamsister
November 10th, 2016, 02:21 AM
I'm not sure what is going on with everyone but I saw this and just wanted to mention that the nuchal screens, triple and quad screens are really, really unreliable and the main factor for a "positive" reading (because it isn't a test, it is just a screening process to decide who should have an amnio and who shouldn't) is maternal age. So virtually all of us over 35 will automatically get a high risk on those even if our nuchal scans are perfectly fine. I would not ever recommend anyone have triple/quad screen, ever. I have only ever seen false positives and a lot of terror and heartache from using them. I know the blood tests are expensive but at least they are accurate.

Thanks for commenting on this, Atomic. Did you have any tests or scans with your DD? What is triple/squad screens?

MrsSparkles
November 10th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Girliecat !
Such a gorgeous little bean, well less bean more baby now !
Thank you for sharing with us.

I hope you start to feel better soon x

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Hi GirlieCat. Thanks for updating us and huge congrats with the scan. You certainly have a healthy bean growing in there. I know how you feel about not being able to relax and enjoy the feeling full force because of sickness and not well being. I also still feel miserable all day long and night too and getting up and go to work and taking care of family is a huge effort. I hope having these strong pregnancy symptoms is only a good sign and that it goes away when we enter our second trimester. Are you going to do any NIPT tests?

Sorry you are feeling bad too. Last night I finally got a little more sleep so I hope today is better than yesterday. I had a migraine yesterday on top of it all but I don't feel comfortable taking Tylenol even though I was told I could so I was pretty miserable.

We do plan to do the NIPT, probably last week of Nov or first week of Dec. I want it for other results too, not just gender, because my sister had a baby 5 years ago that has genetic/birth defects so I think more tests are better for my piece of mind and preparedness.

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I am nervous about my scan on Wednesday! I really hope it's grown the right amount!

Honey, how did your scan go yesterday? Hope it was all good news.

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 10:18 AM
It is so hard to explain isn't it bre.
People cannot truly 'get it'.
I feel more at peace now, knowing that everything points to my sway having failed, but I struggled last week (thought dreadful thoughts, and hated myself).
It really is like mourning, and letting go of the hope and dream of your desired gender.
But people think "What is wrong with her?! She's pregnant, and thats a blessing"
Doesn't make our feelings any less valid !

Sparkles, why would you already be thinking your sway failed this early on? Hang onto hope. I definitely have moments where I truly fear how I will handle the news if it is not my desired gender, but I don't believe in any of the wives tales so I know that I have to stay hopeful until I have proven results. FX.

Girlieplease
November 10th, 2016, 10:25 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161109/9248eaf50868c4ef62adebeff3b39491.jpg

Had my first ultrasound today. Could very clearly see baby and the flutter of the heart beat. Heart rate was 171 which tech said was nice and strong. Baby measured almost perfect for how far along I am. Tech said 7w6d and I am 8w0d so right where it needs to be.

It was great to see and I felt instantly happy but that joy is quickly over shadowed by the constant sickness, needing to eat, not wanting to eat, not sleeping at night and the endless fever feeling.

I know I will get there, but the idea of something living inside me and making me sick all the time feels more parasitic and weird than a beautiful miracle. Keeping my sights set on second trimester and hoping I feel emotionally better when I don't have the urge to puke non stop.

Thanking the Lord for a healthy bean despite the sickness.

Congratulations, would an amazing early scan photo am over the moon for you! X

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Thank you girlieplease. I am so excited you get your results soon! This must be the longest week in history for you. Hoping it shows a beautiful healthy baby girl!!

Girlieplease
November 10th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Thank you girlieplease. I am so excited you get your results soon! This must be the longest week in history for you. Hoping it shows a beautiful healthy baby girl!!

Am so anxious like a cat on a hot tin roof, am worrying about the health of the baby and it's gender. Worry is no use it won't change it but I cannot seem to stop myself! X

bre_cooper11
November 10th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Congrats Girlie!! I felt like you do with DD1! Getting girly vibes!

It is unfortunate, my insurance only offers the Quad screen :/.

kc15880
November 10th, 2016, 05:53 PM
How much has everyone put on now that they are eating normally again? I have put on 1.5kg in a week & I am horrified! I am hoping some of it is fluid but even still thats crazy!

Girlieplease
November 10th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Congrats Girlie!! I felt like you do with DD1! Getting girly vibes!

It is unfortunate, my insurance only offers the Quad screen :/.

I hope so, we paid privately for the harmony, I just could not sir with the uncertainty x

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I haven't gained anything permanent but it did go up and down the first couple weeks after BFP because of bloating. I am right about the exact same that I was in the 2 months leading up to BFP. I am so scared to gain too much, but right now I am not worried since I can't eat much. Once the nauseousness is gone and I get an appetite back, I need to focus on healthy eating and exercising.

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I did some googling and I think you guys are right, it's just too early to see anything. Pregnancy tests are still positive and I'm having lots of symptoms, so I'm sure all is well. I haven't had any bleeding or cramping.

I agree that it makes logical sense that my bump could just be bloating. The thing is, I have learned over many years to always trust my intuition - it has never let me down before. I didn't WANT twins, so there's no reason I should be fixated on that idea. And the fact that the doctor thought this was a possibility too (before I mentioned my concern) gives me serious pause. Multiples are high risk, so it's not something I've wished for, but I am really wondering. The level of exhaustion, hunger and thirst is just not normal - I drank almost 4L of whole milk yesterday plus several cups of water, and I can barely move around. Maybe I have gestational diabetes.

I'm looking forward to discussing my concerns with an OB, when I can see one, and hopefully getting a follow up ultrasound. Thanks all for your support. :happy:

Serenity- how is everything going? Haven't heard from you since this so just wanted to check in. Hope things are going well.

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Just a little fun tracking...we have 13 ladies who have posted in this forum that are due in June or July so far. A few we haven't heard from in a little while so I hope everyone is doing well. If I got anyone's info wrong just let me know.

All*blue*everything- June 2- didn't sway but hoping girl
Amelia- June 12- swayed boy
Mummyof4boys- June 14- swayed girl
MrsSparkles- June 19- swayed girl
Dreamsister- June 21- swayed girl
Inforthree- June 22- swayed girl
GirlieCat- June 22- swayed girl
bre_cooper11- June 22- swayed boy
Blckhrt- June 26- swayed girl
honeybee37- June 27- swayed girl
Serenity- July 3- swayed girl
Britt316- July 3- swayed girl
Kc15880- July 17- swayed girl

Very excited to continue to add ladies to our list as they get their BFPs!!

Mummyof4boys
November 10th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Ahh a fellow 4 boy mum..Will u be finding out gender??

Sent from mTalk

Hi :) yes will definitely be finding out the gender at 18 weeks scan providing baby cooperates lol. I don't have the option of these blood tests where I live in Australia so have a long wait ahead. Currently 9+2 :)

Mummyof4boys
November 10th, 2016, 10:08 PM
I have my first antenatal appt next week so I'm hoping I'll get an ultrasound for some peace of mind. I'm always so paranoid when pregnant.. I've been sick 24/7 since 5 weeks (now 9+2) actually vomiting this time round which I never had with the last 4 pregnancies, only ever nausea. Bad food aversions too and struggling to find anything that won't make me gag, oh and horrid tastes in my mouth after eating! :( My tastebuds have gone nuts! It's been a struggle coping with the sickness and still having to care for my 4 boys, especially my spirited 2 year old! Praying so much that this one is finally a girl because I can't go through this again :(

GirlieCat
November 10th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Oh mummy, my heart breaks for you knowing your are struggling with morning/all day sickness so much. I can relate. I hope you get the ultrasound and get to see your beautiful baby soon. Hope you feel better soon. Bananas are proving to help me a bit. I have one every day now.

Dreamsister
November 11th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Bananas is helping me to - and lots of cold, full fat dairy, cereal, oatmeal and white bread with butter and cheese.

One of you ladies asked how much we have gained.
I have gained five kilos in one month - going from 49 kilo up to 54. I am back to normal diet, but have a lot if food aversions. For instance I can't take the smell of coffee which I loved before my BFP. I crave cakes but cannot eat candy or drink soda. Crazy

honeybee37
November 11th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Honey, how did your scan go yesterday? Hope it was all good news.

Hi girlie cat
Well I don't know really[emoji37] The sonographer was in a rush, all she was interested in was that there was a heartbeat and she showed us the heart etc... but the baby looks too small to me. She did a quick measure and said "it's 6mm" which I've googled and is small for 7w. She didn't have concerns but I do. Just preparing myself for the worst really [emoji45]

Dreamsister
November 11th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Just a little fun tracking...we have 13 ladies who have posted in this forum that are due in June or July so far. A few we haven't heard from in a little while so I hope everyone is doing well. If I got anyone's info wrong just let me know.

Blckhrt- June 27- swayed girl

Love that long, promising list. Thanks for making it, GC

All*blue*everything
November 11th, 2016, 04:26 AM
Hi :) yes will definitely be finding out the gender at 18 weeks scan providing baby cooperates lol. I don't have the option of these blood tests where I live in Australia so have a long wait ahead. Currently 9+2 :)
Im in the UK so we don't have them either, good luck!

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
November 11th, 2016, 04:27 AM
I have my first antenatal appt next week so I'm hoping I'll get an ultrasound for some peace of mind. I'm always so paranoid when pregnant.. I've been sick 24/7 since 5 weeks (now 9+2) actually vomiting this time round which I never had with the last 4 pregnancies, only ever nausea. Bad food aversions too and struggling to find anything that won't make me gag, oh and horrid tastes in my mouth after eating! :( My tastebuds have gone nuts! It's been a struggle coping with the sickness and still having to care for my 4 boys, especially my spirited 2 year old! Praying so much that this one is finally a girl because I can't go through this again :(
Sounds promising!

Sent from mTalk

MrsSparkles
November 11th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Weight Gain wise - I've put on 3lbs now, but I have a feeling it is water from all the bread, pasta, and salty pickles I am eating.

I am loving bananas too :D
I've just started being able to stomach fruit and normal food again, I have no symptoms now, and am enjoying it until they return lol.

GirlieCat ; My midwife said that she thinks instinct of gender is usually right.
I'm not being negative, just feel very boyish - and it's okay now. I am truly excited for the prospect of a mini of my Hubbie.
Then if I'm wrong and it's a girl....well obviously that will be even better.

Also thanks so much for doing that awesome list !
It's so strange that we're mostly all swaying girls hahha

GirlieCat
November 11th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Hi girlie cat
Well I don't know really[emoji37] The sonographer was in a rush, all she was interested in was that there was a heartbeat and she showed us the heart etc... but the baby looks too small to me. She did a quick measure and said "it's 6mm" which I've googled and is small for 7w. She didn't have concerns but I do. Just preparing myself for the worst really [emoji45]

So sorry honey. Mine didn't tell me measurement in cm or mm, just told me it was measuring 7w6d. Did she tell you what the heart rate was? When is your next appointment? These first few months really are nerve racking to not be able to do much but wait and see if baby is healthy enough to stick long term. Praying everything is okay with your baby.

Blckhrt
November 11th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Good idea!

My EDD is actually 6-26 but that's such a minor difference. I won't even be surprised if I go into July. :) I knew my exact O date last time too, and delivered at 40w5d.

Since yesterday (7w3d) my nausea has substantially subsided. It's worrying, of course! I can't wait till I can pull out my doppler and get a reliable HB.

MrsSparkles
November 12th, 2016, 04:52 AM
So sorry honey. Mine didn't tell me measurement in cm or mm, just told me it was measuring 7w6d. Did she tell you what the heart rate was? When is your next appointment? These first few months really are nerve racking to not be able to do much but wait and see if baby is healthy enough to stick long term. Praying everything is okay with your baby.

Agree with GirlieCat, so worrying waiting to get past this first trimester.
But remember baby can catch up growth wise, and once you see a heartbeat the risks drop to under 5%

honeybee37
November 12th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Thanks Mrs Sparkles and girlie cat. Felt pretty rough today and yesterday so that helps! I've done a lot of googling and it seems early measurements are notoriously unreliable and heartbeat is main thing so fingers crossed. Also there seem to be huge variations in 'normal embryo size at seven weeks' so I suppose it could just be small right now but catch up. I'll just be so gutted if this doesn't work out...

bre_cooper11
November 12th, 2016, 04:28 PM

Blckhrt- June 26- swayed girl

Great list!! Crazy to be 1 of 2 blue swayers!! You ladies can have all my pink dust!

Oh my man... weight gain, I don't even want to know! I was up a 1lb at 7wks, but I am starting out heavier this time around. I was about 130-135 (after being 128! my smallest adult weight) starting out with DD3. This time I started swaying at 4month pp (changed diet) at 158 and got down to 143. Once we offically started swaying I was 147 at bfp.
My nausea has subsided immensely since 7wks, and now I want burgers and fries, nachos, pizza, chips... ahh!!!! I don't indulge in all of it, ugh... still not helping with weight gain!!! I can def tell it's all going to my belly already! Ugh. Pregnancy problems :/

All*blue*everything
November 12th, 2016, 05:40 PM
So ive started to feel baby move every day now rather than infrequently. It's so amazing 💓

Mummyof4boys
November 12th, 2016, 08:58 PM
So ive started to feel baby move every day now rather than infrequently. It's so amazing ��

Awww! Isn't that the best feeling <3 How many weeks are you? I can't wait to feel little kicks again! <3

Dreamsister
November 13th, 2016, 02:43 AM
My nausea has almost dissapeared and that makes me worry. I hope it is not a bad sign. Maybe my body just start to get accostumed to all the hormones. I am 8 wks.

All*blue*everything
November 13th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Awww! Isn't that the best feeling <3 How many weeks are you? I can't wait to feel little kicks again! <3
Im 11 + 2 😁

Sent from mTalk

kc15880
November 13th, 2016, 08:39 AM
when did everyones morning sickness kick in? The last 2 pregnancys it started in week 7. Im just waiting for it to start again

MrsSparkles
November 13th, 2016, 09:05 AM
when did everyones morning sickness kick in? The last 2 pregnancys it started in week 7. Im just waiting for it to start again

Mine started in Week 5+6, but was gone by Week 7.

MrsSparkles
November 13th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Ladies,
I'm off for a scan tomorrow, and feeling so nervous.

I broke out in hives a couple of days ago, and went to the Dr yesterday.
He was really concerned, and didn't want to prescribe antihistamines.
He said :
"If you had 3 sons already I would prescribe it, but this is a precious first pregnancy" - My Husband was like 'sons?', and then realised it's a cultural thing.
So I went home and used Calamine lotion, and did oat baths,& witch hazel, but this morning it was even worse and has spread.
Saw the same Dr an hour ago, and he's booked me in for a scan tomorrow to check on the babies progress, if it all looks strong, then he'll put me on Piriton.
What a palava, starting to wonder if I am allergic to pregnancy !

GirlieCat
November 13th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Dreamsister, I had one or two good days but then it came back. I think you do start to get used to the hormones.

Kc- mine started at 5-6 and other than a couple good days, is still going strong and yucky and I am 8.5w.

MrsSparkles, so sorry you are having issues. That was definitely weird of your doc to say. Has this ever happened when you are not pregnant? Known allergies? Maybe google can help. Hope you get some relief and see a strong healthy baby tomorrow.

All*blue*everything
November 13th, 2016, 09:33 AM
My sickness started this time about 6 wks im over 11wks now and its definitely easing. I'd isn't get any sickness in my 1st two pregnancies and the last two stopped around 11wks so it should be done soon!

Sent from mTalk

MrsSparkles
November 13th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Girlie Cat - never had anything like this before.
He's wondering if I could have the early onset of PuPPP - I had to google it, sounds horrific so please no !

He's an older Indian Gentleman, and he's obviously just of that old school 'Boys are more valuable than girls' mindset.
So weird though, as look at all of us desperate for girls !

All*blue*everything
November 13th, 2016, 02:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iY2UjS2.jpg

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
November 13th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Me amd my boys and bump today 😍 I got all emotional thinking that next Christmas we will be blessed with another baby x

Sent from mTalk

MrsSparkles
November 14th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Awww that is the perfect family picture !

bre_cooper11
November 14th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Love your picture All Blue!

Good luck at your scan today, Sparkles!!

Just curious ladies (boy moms), did y'all lose weight or gain in the 1st tri with your sons? I remember losing weight with my son (I had some weight to lose), and gaining with my girls (I also had weight to gain). Just curious! Also, did you break out a little and did your boobs get bigger or smaller in the first tri, and did you feel like you were starving to death?... I am so tired of googling. I know all pregnancies are different and symptoms don't matter... just appease me, I may never get a scan I can obsess over! haha

Serenity
November 14th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Thanks for asking about me, Girliecat.

I'm OK. I still don't have any answers about what's happening with my pregnancy yet, but I have an ultrasound in 40 minutes, so hopefully I'll know something soon. My pregnancy symptoms still feel very extreme to me, and I've gained 22lbs since three weeks ago, so if I'm only having one baby I'll be wanting a medical checkup ASAP to find out why the extreme symptoms and weight gain is happening. I hope I'm healthy. :nails:

GirlieCat
November 14th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Good luck Serenity. I hope you get good news.

Mrs.Sparkles- good luck on your scan today too. Looking forward to good news and maybe a pic of baby.

MrsSparkles
November 14th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Serenity how did your scan go ?

Mine was really good, actually measuring 3 days ahead of what they said, so baby has caught up in size.
So if anyone has the baby measuring small thing, just know that it can catch up.
Baby was wriggling a bit, and such a strong heartbeat.

Had 5 specialists looking at my hives/rash, and no one can figure it out.
I've had to start on steroid which aren't recommended in pregnancy, as they've been shown to cause fetal abnormalities in animal studies.
Scary, but is only until Thursday, hopefully it will cure it !

Oh and I got my due date today :D 21st of June !

MrsSparkles
November 14th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Bre - I've put on weight hahah.
Weighed today an a total of 5lb gain
My Mum has two girls, and she put on loads with both, and had acne !

GirlieCat
November 14th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Great news about baby Sparkles, but sorry they couldn't figure out the hives. Hopefully the meds help you and don't cause any issues for baby.

bre_cooper11
November 14th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Bre - I've put on weight hahah.
Weighed today an a total of 5lb gain
My Mum has two girls, and she put on loads with both, and had acne !

Glad our scan went well!! Also hoping they figure your rash out!!

I am hoping they're not just 'girly symptoms'... cuz we swayed blue ;) I had acne with all the pregnancies pretty bad with DD but just minor right now. I only gained a max of 30lbs with each girl.

Serenity
November 14th, 2016, 05:21 PM
So glad your scan went well, Mrs. Sparkles! Mine did too: there is ONE baby, with a heartbeat, on board. I'm confused as to why I've gained so much weight, and I've lost trust in my intuition, but I'm just so glad there was someone alive in there that I'm trying to let go of the rest. I did lose quite a bit of weight while swaying (about 20 lbs), so maybe my body is just making it up? I'm hoping this is my little girl, but I'll be fine with it either way - I'm very relieved not to be having twins, to be honest. :happy:

Georgia_Peach
November 14th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Cautiously jumping on this thread. I am DPO 11 today and got my first faint bfp yesterday!
Hoping this is my sticky bean!!
EDD at this point is July 28th however usually after my first ultrasound they change it to a week earlier...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

GirlieCat
November 14th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Yeah Robin!! Glad you are joining us. Was your test darker today? I am so excited to have more ladies joining us!

It is funny how some doctors change due dates. I asked my doc about that and he said that he doesn't like to change dates and he will go off my last period almost all the time and he doesn't trust if an early ultrasound shows a different measurement. Maybe it depends on if a lady knows or doesn't know her true first day of last period.

Congratulations!

Georgia_Peach
November 14th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Yeah Robin!! Glad you are joining us. Was your test darker today? I am so excited to have more ladies joining us!

It is funny how some doctors change due dates. I asked my doc about that and he said that he doesn't like to change dates and he will go off my last period almost all the time and he doesn't trust if an early ultrasound shows a different measurement. Maybe it depends on if a lady knows or doesn't know her true first day of last period.

Congratulations!
Yes it was a touch darker today!
I don't know why they change the dates either bc I know exactly when I ovulate etc. I think it's bc my babies are usually bigger in size.. however I always go over term bc they change the original date! 😂

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Dreamsister
November 15th, 2016, 02:20 AM
Congrats Robin on your BFP. That is amazing.
Happy to hear your scan went well MrsSparkles. I think we will be due-buddies bc mine is also June 21.
I have a scan and blood test (Panorama) booked for Monday evening when I will be 9 wks 2 days.
Symptoms has reduced. Not so much nausea as last week, so guess my body has ajusted to the hormones. Am eating a lot to keep nausea away, specially full fat dairy.

Any of you craving special food?

MrsSparkles
November 15th, 2016, 06:30 AM
Bre - I hope they're not girly ones for you !

Robin - So good to have you in this thread, congratulations on your BFP.
It's so silly that they don't go off our last periods, if they had with mine it would have been less of a worry lol

Dreamsister - That's awesome that I have a DD buddy :D
Do you plan to have baby naturally ? I think I'm going to have a c-section, so might be a few days early for me