PDA

View Full Version : Which day is O day do you think???

1moregirl
October 6th, 2016, 06:50 PM
So this cycle I did get back into taking my BBTs at 7am, but I stuffed up on a crucial day (CD17) as I woke up at 4am and was busting for a wee and a drink of water which I did, and so my BBt for that morning could well be inaccurate. I just don't know. I did have mild O cramps on and off throughout this day as well. I did use clear blue digital ovulation tests this time and just got my usual 2 days in a row of positive smiley face, which was great. This morning's test was back to negative, but I don't know which day I Oed (due to my stuff up early on CD17) and FF is clearly not sure either. I am really happy with our BD pattern this time round and have done a great job of SMEP. We will get in one more attempt tonight (although this will be tricky as DH is babysitting for a friend), will skip tomorrow night and then one last BD the night after. So my question is.....which day do you think I Oed on? Could it have been CD 16 or 17? Can you O on your first day of positive OPK? Can you still get EWCM AFTER you have Oed? Thanks in advance for replies. And please wish me luck....xx

1moregirl
October 6th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Oops! Forgot to post my chart, so here it is....

XXforhubby
October 6th, 2016, 07:16 PM
I can't really tell yet from your chart. To answer your questions, yes you can O on the first day of a positive opk, and yes you can still get EWCM for a few days after you O.

FX for you!!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji602], DS3[emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway in 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

BunnyGirl19
October 6th, 2016, 09:22 PM
What do you mean FF isn't sure? You need three days of high temps to get crosshairs. I think CD16 is O day based on your temps. There is too much of an increase in your temps to be from getting up to pee 3 hours prior to normal wakeup time, especially if you went back to bed shortly after.

Pink Pony
October 6th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Love your profile pic quote XXhubby - fingers crossed we get our girls one day.

1moregirl
October 7th, 2016, 05:52 AM
Bunnygirl - FF not sure becasue they had marked a broken line for O but then removed it when I added in today's details. And I realize anyway that FF won't mark definite crossroads for O until you've recorded 3 days in a row of elevated BBTs that are above the coverline.

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2016, 05:37 PM
No one can tell even from a more complete chart, I'm sorry!

You cannot tell when you Oed specifically from OPK or from how long you get EWCM. Those things are based on hormones and not if the egg has popped or not, unfortunately. I had EWCM for days after I conceived my DD.

1moregirl
October 8th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Thanks Atomic. Will just have to wait and see then I guess. I didn't end up getting in a third BD attempt for SMEP as I'd had to have one of my dogs put down that day and I was just too upset to think about anything else. Maybe what I've done will be enough. Here's another pic of my chart so you can have a look and see what you think about my attempt. If no success this time, I'll just keep trying. :)

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I would bet you've Oed, just that I can't say what day.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. :heart:

Pbn3
October 8th, 2016, 08:53 PM
1moregirl just out of curiosity what temp usually falls in post o range? As in are your usual post o temps above or below say 36.5? I can see o day being cd16, 17 or 18. I mention cd17 as I know the temp *might* be somewhat unreliable?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

ME MOM
October 9th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Really sorry about your dog!
Just throwing my cents in, l get ewcm about until 2-3 dpo so it's a pattern that l wouldn't base things on.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

1moregirl
October 9th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Atomic, Pbn3 and ME MOM - thanks soooo much for your sympathy regarding my fur baby. It's been very tough and I have to take my remaining dog, 15 yr old Maltese X Schitzu, to the vet this morning as I suspect he has Cushings Disease and has had the runs and losing weight....very stressful. I've also been riddled with guilt as I haven't been the dedicated doggy Mummy I used to be before I had my human babies. :,( Anyway, I'm doing my best to stay calm and happy so my kids don't get upset. It's been extra hard as my DH has been supportive of me about the loss of my dog...he isn't a pet or dog person so it hasn't affected him. On Saturday, I had to go back to the vet to collect my dog Toffee's frozen body in a bag and bring him home so my Dad could take him back down to their house to bury him there with our other pets and my DH avoided me the whole day. No kind words of support, no hug or any other affectionate form of comfort, no flowers or any other kind gestures. I said to him just yesterday, "if that is how you comfort me after the loss of my pet, what can I expect when I endure a more painful loss such as the loss of a human loved one?" I don't think our marriage would survive it. :( This morning FF marked a solid cross line on my chart, but I'm not sure if I agree with it. If it is accurate, I will be disappointed I didn't get t o complete the planned SMEP BD pattern. Have a look please and see what you think and I'm sorry for rambling on about my pet loss. At least my three beautiful children gave me lots of hugs and love.

1moregirl
October 9th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Also, in my previous charts, anything around 36.5- has been below the coverline and marked as pre-O, so this is quite confusing. I wonder what would happen to my FF chart if I removed the second positive OPK? I might try it and see what happens, just for curiousity sake. I still think O occurred on Cd 16 or 17.

1moregirl
October 9th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Back again. Lol! So, I removed the second day of pos OPK and changed CD 17 and 18 from EWCM to creamy CM and the results were that the crossroad remained in the same place but went from a solid line to a broken line (which I think means FF is not completely sure that's the day of O). But then I changed it all back to the way it was originally. Will just keep BBTing (even though I said I sent going to after O) as am curious about how the rest of the luteal phase will look. It would be sooooo nice to get a sticky BFP this cycle after my recent loss. Xx

Pbn3
October 9th, 2016, 08:21 PM
1moregirl I think ff looks pretty accurate. Either way I think its more likely than cd16 as you're more likely to o after rather than day of pos opk. I know its possible but combined with everything else cd17 or cd18 look more likely.

I get you on the guilt of feeling like less fur baby mummy too. I always think my poor cats especially the oldest who slept with me every night and was always my sitting companion prior to my human babies. I take some comfort that my oldest son has recently really taken to her and gives her pats and hugs all the time and always wants her to come and lay with him in bed when he watches his nighttime dvd. Its really lovely to see :)

I'm so sorry about your dog, it really is devasting to lose a beloved pet, and I hope you get good news about your maltese x, 15 years!! Wow, she's reached a milestone there!

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2016, 03:41 PM
No one can tell O day from charts anything better than 1/3 of the time so it just isn't possible for me to tell you what day you Oed on. It just isn't possible, I'm sorry. (((Hugs))) and I wish I could be of more help.

1moregirl
October 12th, 2016, 12:58 AM
That's ok Atomic. Thanks anyway. At least it doesn't feel like the dreaded 2ww since I am busy with our sick dog and the kids as well. I think in lots of ways I've given up on it happening now anyway, plus the thought of pregnancy fills me more with anxiety than it does joy (after last year's miscarriage). I've pretty much lost hope and faith in one last baby happening for me now. I think my fear of it not happening again for me was my fear of change....going from being a SAHM to all my babies at school and the entire chapter of babies closed has been challenging and terrifying to me. I just don't even see how I would get through the first trimester or 20 weeks without having anxiety attacks each day about the possibility of miscarriage. I do intend to get counselling shortly, but just tending to my sick dog is enough for me to deal with right now. Thanks for listening. Xx

atomic sagebrush
October 13th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Please keep us posted on how you're getting on. :heart:

1moregirl
October 13th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Thanks Atomic. It's been a very difficult week for me this past week....like a week from hell really. Today a week ago I had to have my Toffee dog put to sleep (one of the hardest things I've ever had to do). This week has involved quite a few trips back to vet for my remaining dog Bindi. He has been on 4 different types of medications, one being to stop any sort of internal bleeding. So I've been spoiling him and nursing him and hand feeding him (had to syringe feed him at the start because he just wouldn't eat). Then went back to vet yesterday hopeful of good news, but it wasn't. He had lost a further 100gms (just since Monday) and his red blood count had dropped. He only had 1/7th of his blood volume in his little body. So yesterday after school pickup we had to take him back to the vet for a blood transfusion and saline drip and he stayed in overnight. You see, the vet is not sure if he has something sinister like a cancer (even though his blood tests have not indicated as such and body scans have not shown any suspicious lumps) or one or more stomach ulcers. This blood transfusion is our last hope and last treatment. I am hoping and praying it will work, but if not....at least I will have a bit of peace knowing I've done whatever I could to help him. It's been soooo heartbreaking...I had a really tough day yesterday and was in tears on and off all day about it all. I haven't been getting much support from DH as he never grew up with pets so he just doesn't seem to get it. He was a bit better last night but I've had no hugs from him, no kind words or gestures....nothing. I'm sure I would regret ever having married him, except for the three beautiful children we have had together. I have been feeling similar to last year when I had that horrendous miscarriage. It all just sucks! And all in the 2ww! I have been trying to keep it together and keep myself as calm as I can 'just in case'. My biggest regret of all right now, and the thing that weighs heavily on my heart, mind and soul, is that I didn't spend the time that I should have with my fur babies in the last 8 years I was busily having and raising 2-legged human babies. This fact breaks my heart. I lost my first dog, little white poodle, back in 2011, whilst he was holidaying with my parents...I wasn't there, but it hit me extremely hard. Since then, I think I had been scared to get too close to my other 2 dogs, because of that fear dread and grief you have to endure when you lose them. Does this make sense? Well, it does to me, and now I am paying for it. Sorry for rambling on and on...this is just what has been happening for me lately. I just thank God that I have our three beautiful children who have been sooo helpful in cheering me up and giving me lots of cuddles. Anyway, here is a pic of my chart. I could be on 7DPO, but for some reason FF hasn't been marking this down. Does this mean FF is not completely sure of O day? I don't know. At least if I did get a sticky BFP I can be happy that I have done a girl sway unintentionally - not eating much of anything and plenty of stress. ;)

1moregirl
October 13th, 2016, 07:13 PM
And here's a pic of my fur baby Toffee whom we said goodbye to a week ago. He was such a beautiful dog. xxxx

Eko
October 13th, 2016, 07:19 PM
What a sweetie! He just melts your heart. :heart:
I'm sorry for your loss :-(

business.woman
October 13th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Im so sorry for your dog , he was such beautiful[emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pbn3
October 13th, 2016, 07:36 PM
(Gentle hugs) 1moregirl :(

MrsGoodies
October 13th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Awww, Toffee looks just adorable 1moregirl!

I know just how guilty and devastated you feel losing your beloved dog. What helped me was a kind friend told me that "dogs are not human" so any feelings of guilt that I felt were just my MIND projecting my human feelings onto this animal.

Dogs dont feel guilt, jealousy or any of these emotions we put on them. As long as they are fed, warm, dry, they just enjoy spending time in your company.

I'm sure your dog Toffee was very satisfied being in your care, and i doubt very much he was thinking "where is my master? Why doesnt she spend more time with me?"....probably more like "Squirrel! Woof!"

Katt2275
October 14th, 2016, 02:13 AM
And here's a pic of my fur baby Toffee whom we said goodbye to a week ago. He was such a beautiful dog. xxxx

1moregirl, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet furbaby. [emoji20]

Faithinpink
October 14th, 2016, 02:36 AM
:hug2:
Such a sweet little face . 1moregirl hope u are going ok Xx

Pink Pony
October 14th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your fur baby, always sad loosing a pet

1moregirl
October 15th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Thanks lovely ladies. I'm surviving. I picked up my remaining fur baby Bindi from the vet yesterday after school pickup (he'd been kept in overnight following his blood transfusion) and been spoiling him no end. He has to have 4 meds twice a day and today he wolfed down 3 meals throughout the day which was wonderful to see. He's also been drinking and peeing but no number 2s as yet, which I'm watching for, as need to check consistency and if there is any red blood or blackness to it. Poor little fella. Will post a pic here of him. And it has all been a great distraction from the 2Ww....8DPo today and I haven't thought at all about testing. Still doing BBT in the mornings, but not paying any attention to symptoms as that can be misleading. Anyway, Thankyou sooooo much for all yr support and kind words of sympathy on losing one dog and having another very ill old dog. If Bindis blood count goes down again at any stage, then the vet said we will know it is some sort of cancer that he has and will take it from there. At some stage I will get a new puppy as I really want my children to experience the joy of raising a dog from that puppy stage (like I myself did) - I'm thinking of a little red poodle at this stage...have always been such a huge dog lover (and lover of animal is general).