PDA

View Full Version : Micro sort- even before IVF did it increase the number of of xx?

aintnocinderella
October 3rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
well ladies having decided we were gong for IVF in cyprus i am now looking in to microsort. i know its not 100% but its so much cheaper i just wondered if anyone knows of anyone who did and and it worked? it would also help to know of those who went to a clinic like genesis in cyprus who provides it as an add on and if you did infact have more girls to choose from. i guess this would be the most effective information as you have hard evidence by way of the number of boys/girls produced. thank you for reading ladies x

nuthinbutpink
October 3rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
I don't know anyone that has used MS overseas. I would love to find out more though. I know Mexico offers it but I am not sure about anywhere else outside of the 2 US locations.

I do think that it increases your odds at a transfer.

DoulaMama
October 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know a ton about it...but I did read the many pages of info on the Microsort site about whether it was safe or not. It seems there are some issues with it....babies born with problems etc. It was a little shocking to read to be honest. Not sure if you've read the info on the possible problems. Not sure if this has been proven or not...
Sorry to crash...

Good luck!

aintnocinderella
October 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
your crashing is welcome dula x genesis in cyrus offers it before fertilisation to increase the number of chosen gender and therefore increase the number available for transfer. i have emailed dr savvas asking for his office hours so i can arrange to ring him around my own work hours. it is really cheap in mexica with our exchange rate its less than £700 shame the flights are so expensive. i am gutted i didnt think about ivf while we were in florida. we got got back from a two week family holiday with our three boys. i could have done it all then..... if i had the money that is x

nuthinbutpink
October 3rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
I don't know a ton about it...but I did read the many pages of info on the Microsort site about whether it was safe or not. It seems there are some issues with it....babies born with problems etc. It was a little shocking to read to be honest. Not sure if you've read the info on the possible problems. Not sure if this has been proven or not...
Sorry to crash...

Good luck!

I would like to read about that- I have read this-

"So far, MicroSort reports, 2.4 percent of its babies have been born with major malformations, like Down syndrome, compared
with 3 to 4 percent in the general population. But until the trial is completed, there are no definitive data."

which would sugest the issues are actually lower and not higher with MS babies but that was from 2004 I think.

Louby
October 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Can you get the sample sorted and frozen and ship it to a IVF clinic? Is this a stupid question?!!
Savvas at Genesis does a sperm sort but not microsort, would be good to see if you can get the microsort done and then let him do the next step. You can do microsort at Cyprus and Mexico though. Just not sure how it all works.

nuthinbutpink
October 4th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Can you get the sample sorted and frozen and ship it to a IVF clinic? Is this a stupid question?!!
Savvas at Genesis does a sperm sort but not microsort, would be good to see if you can get the microsort done and then let him do the next step. You can do microsort at Cyprus and Mexico though. Just not sure how it all works.

Not here in the States. Not sure about abroad.

my4leafclover
October 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
On our Last cycle MS definitely did give more xx( 6 out of 7 were xx), but I am not completely convinced that the added step and manipulation to the IVF process didn't negatively effect the sperm and/or embryos.

aintnocinderella
October 15th, 2011, 05:05 AM
thats is a very good point my4leafclover x sorry its not been a BFP. i go from days of wanting IVF to not. to thinking i can do it with swaying to not. my head is a mess. is microsort even nessesary?

my4leafclover
October 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM
ANC- yes I wish i could tell you that the head swimming thing goes away, but I am STILL there myself trying to figure it all out. Now after two failed ivf cycles and all fo the abnormal embies, I find myself afraid to ttc naturally. it's a stressful journey, hopefully the end of the road will be a positive one.

Daisy Mae
October 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM
MS did up my odds. 12 of 14 embryos were girls. And in my case, MS did not seem to negatively affect anything in my cycle (i.e. good fertilization, good growing embryos, same # of abnormals/normals as predicted by GSN for those NOT using MS, 2 HB transferred resulted in twins, etc.) And my girls arrived at 38w1d and are so far perfect.

seven gorgeous babies
October 20th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I have just cycled at genesis in Cyprus. The spermsort savvas uses is not microsort and in fact he is very against microsort. He has developed his own sort.

Out of 8 embryos 6 were girls
The other ladies had similar results too.

He, his staff and clinic are amazing. I could not recommend them enough x

aintnocinderella
November 22nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Thank you ladies, just had my scan today and waiting for my blood work back which i will send to Dr Savvas to find out what protocol he decides.
Very nervous/excited and the sperm sorting as long as its not microsort is good.
My scan was all ok, read that 14-30 visible eggs is the best shot and i have 10+ in each, so i asume they mean in total so i have the best range as it were and no lumps or bumps or abnormalities. Nervous about bloods as my period was very light for the first few days. I counted it as my period but it has made me worry about how the results will reflect this, i mean dont hormone levels control the start of the bleeding. oh well will have to see x you ladies give me so much hope that i will have my dd one day

nuthinbutpink
November 22nd, 2011, 06:27 PM
10+ in each is huge! That's great! You should respond really well!

When do you start?

lisvna
November 23rd, 2011, 04:08 AM
Thats great news! Good luck and Savvas is THE best in Cyprus!!!

aintnocinderella
November 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
i dont know yet, waiting for my bloods back but hoping to fly out around the 22nd Jan so working backwards 5/6 days stims over here, 5 day break of period and 14 days CP prior to that ..... its all a bit real a scary now. christmas is comming quick then new year then my son turns 4 then i fly out eeeek !

nuthinbutpink
November 23rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
i dont know yet, waiting for my bloods back but hoping to fly out around the 22nd Jan so working backwards 5/6 days stims over here, 5 day break of period and 14 days CP prior to that ..... its all a bit real a scary now. christmas is comming quick then new year then my son turns 4 then i fly out eeeek !

Well, make sure you KUP in the member HT forum and we will make a sticky so we can follow your cycle and cheer you on!

aintnocinderella
November 25th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I phoned the doctors today and apparently my doc has checked my results and my levels are 'normal' i have asked for a copy of the results and told that once he has given approval for this (not sure why he needs to its my blood medical file) then they can print it off and i shoul dhave them monday. Whats normal anyway?