PDA

View Full Version : October Chit Chat!

Pages : [1] 2

Mochagirl
October 3rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Hey ladies - I hope no one minds that I'm started a new thread.

I hope everyone's still doing well and that those with m/s get some relief soon. I'm still pretty much symptom-free, and was excited to see on my ticker today that my little bean has grown to the size of an apple seed! :bigsmile:

zanacal
October 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Lol, an apple seed, so tiny :D

princesssarah - so glad everything was ok at your scan and that you know your dates for sure now!

I've been feeling sick all day today and didn't enjoy my trip around the supermarket at all - everything smelt so awful! Still, I know I'm getting off lightly compared to some so I mustn't grumble! My booking in appointment with my midwife isn't for another 2 weeks or so, when I'll be 9 weeks. At least it won't be long after that until my 12 week scan!

Mochagirl
October 4th, 2011, 01:07 PM
My first midwife appointment is in November - that seems soooo far away. I have the same midwife this time as last time, and she knows how desperately I wanted a girl, so I'm going to tell her about the swaying. They asked my current weight when I set up my appointment, so if I don't tell her about the swaying, she'll wonder why I gained so much weight in the first trimester! So far I've only gained 3 lbs and all my clothes still fit, but I'm sure it won't be long before things start feeling tight.

Sorry you're feeling sick, Z - I still don't have any nausea, which is weird. I know I should count myself lucky, but a small part of me is worried because I always hear that bad m/s means you're carrying a girl and no m/s means a boy. I am noticing an increased sense of smell - this weekend at my Mom's house she opened a tin of cat food and it was all I could smell no matter where I went in the house.

princess - glad your scan went well, and I hope you feel better soon!

begonia
October 4th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Mocha FWIW I only had bad m/s with my 1st DD. The second was a blissful pregnancy, symptom-free like you so far (which totally had me thinking she was a he) and this one really was very smooth too ... more food aversions than any true sick feelings. So you absolutely CAN still have your baby girl in there! Don't let the symptoms fool you. I liked all the OWT while pg this time because most said it would be a boy, and HA. Jokes on me. Darn it.

Zan, sorry you're feeling ick! It's the worst. I'm so excited for you and Mocha to be having appointments soon though! Starts making it all very real.

Princess, YAY for the scan and for your dates being right! Hope you feel better!

DM, I'm super pumped you're going to have a scan ... FX for a nice girly nub :)

AFM I'm ok. Not great, getting better. Mostly still struggling with the fact that I thought my sway was so good ... and it didn't work. DH has said if we get another girl maybe it just means we're not done, since we both have such a strong desire for a son, but I can't do this again. I'd have to go to adoption I think and that is such a complicated process. HT is an option financially but not emotionally, I don't think I could bear the trying and potentially failing (as in not falling pg, obvi if you get pg you get DG) there either.

Anyhow I have no doubt I'll love this girl, it's not like I'm worried about that ...but I'm totally terrified of raising 3 girls and definitely envy you moms of all boys. I feel like I would have made a better boy mom but clearly God had other plans for me :) Only He knows why though 'cause I sure don't see it!

Mochagirl
October 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Begonia - I didn't know you'd found out the gender. I'm sorry you didn't hear boy. This little girl must have really wanted to join your family :HH:.

zanacal
October 4th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hey Begonia, your sway WAS great! That's exactly what I thought when I read it when you updated it with the sex - I really don't think you could have done more. We know a good sway isn't a guarantee but it's still easy to get our hopes up when we feel we've done everything, that's human nature. I think it's great that you and DH are both open to another child and I don't think you have to think about the exact details just yet so try not to stress about that. FWIW, I envy you your little gaggle of girls and I bet you're an amazing mummy to them. I wonder also whether there's a reason I have my gang of boys!

zanacal
October 4th, 2011, 04:27 PM
In a moment of boredom this evening I took an HPT and it was so cool - the 'pregnant' line showed up before the pee had even made its way up the stick as far as the control line and the line was so dark! I've never taken a pregnancy test this far in before.

It's 9.30pm and I'm going to bed because hopefully when I'm asleep I won't feel sick!! Do any of you have any advice on the best foods to nibble on with morning sickness? I had some sweets earlier which I'd bought as a treat and they weren't particularly enjoyable because they made my mouth fill up with saliva!

nuthinbutpink
October 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
In a moment of boredom this evening I took an HPT and it was so cool - the 'pregnant' line showed up before the pee had even made its way up the stick as far as the control line and the line was so dark! I've never taken a pregnancy test this far in before.

It's 9.30pm and I'm going to bed because hopefully when I'm asleep I won't feel sick!! Do any of you have any advice on the best foods to nibble on with morning sickness? I had some sweets earlier which I'd bought as a treat and they weren't particularly enjoyable because they made my mouth fill up with saliva!

Try popcorn. Won't raise your blood sugar level and even helps you sleep!

Mochagirl
October 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Z - I'm glad I'm not the only POAS addict still peeing on sticks :oops:. I still have a small handful of ics, and every once in a while I test with them. I had the same thing happen with a test yesterday - the test line showed up before the control line, and it was even darker than the control after the time was up. I'm really having to use self control to not buy another digi just to see a different pregnancy reading on it (is there a 4-5 weeks one)?

Mochagirl
October 4th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I'm getting sick of being so bloated. I swear I look 5 months pregnant for a couple of hours after every meal! DH has even noticed and commented on it - I guess it's my body adjusting to eating salt again after restricting it for so long, but it's getting annoying.

Foxy
October 5th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Mocha - FX that ms stays away! I'm super bloated too. Two people have already asked if I was pg. :suprise:

Zan - I'm sorry you're feeling sick! :( Hopefully it wont last long!

Princess - I'm so glad everything is looking good! Yay!!!

DM - Good luck with your scan! FX for a girly nub!

I had a quick peek on Monday and so far everything is looking good! Saw the heartbeat and got a due date! Looks like I'm due May 23rd! :running: I have a subchorionic bleed, so that is why I have been spotting. Hopefully it will be gone at my NT scan. :pray:

tweedledeedum
October 5th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Hi girls! How is everyone?

Mocha - glad to hear you are feeling good!

Z- I hear you on the M/s - it totally sucks. i have found that eating a few triscuits before getting out of bed really helps me feel better. I also keep eating all day long. Any time I'm hungry, I feel sick. And I can't eat too much or I feel sick. It really is a balancing act, keeping something in the stomach all day long. I do well with any fruits and carbs.

Foxy - glad you got an u/s and everything is well. I've had subchorionic bleeds my last two pregnancies and they are so stressful. There is nothing like ultrasound proof that everything is ok!

DM - can't wait to see your girly nub pic! Not long now!

I still haven't told anyone about our pregnancy. DH has been noticing I have a tiny belly, especially at night, so I should probably tell soon. I have already gained a couple pounds too - probably due to coming off the diet and really eating again. I don't have a midwife appointment scheduled yet either. I will be having the same midwife as last time and tshe usually sees you between 8-11 wks for the first appointment. (I'm 7 now). I'm hoping for around 10 wks so we can hopefully hear the heartbeat.

Have a good day girls!

DoulaMama
October 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Ugh:( I really hate this new type of m/s I have this time around. Last 3 times it was typical- wake up...need to eat instantly...feel better and then start the process all over again through the day. This time I wake up feeling great! Start to get hungry but still feel fine.....eat breakfast and then feel ill for half an hour. I nearly puke after every meal. I have to lay down and breathe through the nausea like I'm in early labour! It sucks! And this goes on through the day as well. The sad thing is it's getting my hopes up that this is a girl:( Oh and thank you for all the sweet girl nub comments:) I'm getting really good at saying "he" now and I'm expecting a little pointed upward nubbin next week. I need to envision that. I have to keep saying I am going to be a mom of four boys because I have a very good chance that I am:) 10 more days!!!!

Tweedle- It's so cute when you can start to see the itty bitty belly hey? I'm loving it:) Oh and I hope you get to hear that beautiful beating heart!!!

Mocha- I'm so jealous that you have no m/s!!! What I would do for just one day of feeling normal. xoxo I hope it stays away!!!

Z- is this the first time you've felt m/s? I'm so sorry if it is:( Mine started at 7w this time around instead of the usual 6w so I did get one week of bliss before it all started. I hope it passes quickly!!

Foxy-I hope the bleed clears up soon and you have a smooth pregnancy:) So glad you got to see a little beating heart!! How exciting!! Will you get a nub shot at your NT scan?

Princess- So happy your scan went well!! FX'd that this is just the beginning of a stress free and easy pregnancy!! xoxo

princesssarah34
October 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Ugh:( I really hate this new type of m/s I have this time around. Last 3 times it was typical- wake up...need to eat instantly...feel better and then start the process all over again through the day. This time I wake up feeling great! Start to get hungry but still feel fine.....eat breakfast and then feel ill for half an hour. I nearly puke after every meal. I have to lay down and breathe through the nausea like I'm in early labour! It sucks! And this goes on through the day as well. The sad thing is it's getting my hopes up that this is a girl:( Oh and thank you for all the sweet girl nub comments:) I'm getting really good at saying "he" now and I'm expecting a little pointed upward nubbin next week. I need to envision that. I have to keep saying I am going to be a mom of four boys because I have a very good chance that I am:) 10 more days!!!!

DM this is actually what I am going through!!! It is driving me crazy! The last 2 days I literally lose my meals...even if it is a couple hours later!! I am trying really hard to stay positive and keep telling myself just a few more weeks! I don't think it is working!
To all the ladies feeling the m/s Z......I feel you I do! Hang in there!
Foxy.....hope that bleed goes away for you!
Tweedle...GL on hearing a heart beat! I won't get to hear one until my next appt. Oct. 31 which I should be 13 weeks by then!
Well today has been rainy and cold the first rain storm of Fall I guess! Crazy thing is my DH is freezing and I went outside and sat on the front porch to cool off.....I am so freaking hot 90% of the time...it is crazy!!

zanacal
October 5th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I feel bad for even complaining about feeling sick when I hear how bad you're feeling DM and princesssarah - it sounds truly awful. {hugs} I know what you mean though DM, I didn't have it with any of my other pregnancies so it makes me think 'ooh, maybe it could be a girl!' and then I have to be sure to bring myself back down to earth. I make sure that if I ever take a sneak at baby girl outfits I look at as many baby boy outfits!

Tweedle - funnily enough, I'm finding I'm eating lots of carbs and fruit too!

Foxy - I'm so pleased all was well at your scan :D

Mocha - My tummy looks massive by the end of the day! I'm managing to keep my weight pretty stable at the moment (around 5 or 6 lbs higher than I was after the LE diet but that's ok, that was very low for me!). I've been getting compliments on my weight loss this week and one lady said 'you're getting skinnier and skinnier, we won't be able to see you soon' and I thought 'ooooh yes you will!!'.

Mochagirl
October 5th, 2011, 02:07 PM
That's great that you've kept the weight off, Z. I've gained about 3-4 lbs, which is ok - I was getting too skinny anyway. I'm still fitting into all my size 0's, though, which I'm surprised about!

I was looking back on my diaries and posts from other pregnancies, and both of them were identical as far as m/s went - starting almost right from my BFP I was sick in the morning, would throw up, then feel ok for most of the rest of the day. With my twins I kept a pack of saltines in my desk to munch on all day to keep the nausea at bay. Maybe if I avoid m/s this time around that's a good sign for a girl since it's different from what I had with my boys.

Mochagirl
October 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Over the weekend I reconnected with a cousin of mine at the wedding I went to. He has two daughters and his wife is pregnant for the 3rd time. They admitted to me they were REALLY hoping for a boy but that since they're both into adventure racing and extreme sports they assumed they'd have another girl (apparently in those circles it's well known that you're much more likely to have girls). Anyway, he just posted on FB today that they're having a boy! I'm really happy for them, but seeing how thrilled they are of course it makes me think more about how sad I'm going to feel if I find out I'm having boy #4.

zanacal
October 6th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Aww, {hugs} mocha. In all honesty, most people I know with 3 children do have a mixture of genders and I don't believe many of them did anything at all to make that happen. I think you have a good chance at a girl with your third pregnancy regardless just based on that!

Inglewood
October 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi all, long time since I have been on here. Zanacal.....Congrats!!! So happy for ur BFP! Your only a few wks behind me!!

I'm now 10wks pg and super sick!! I have been sick 24/7 since I was just over 6wks and all I can eat is crackers and cheese every 2hrs, lemonade (not diet) and occassionally a tiny bowl of special K with a dribble of milk. I can't eat chicken, salad, soup, pasta, rice, bread, any kind of normal meal and I'm getting really depressed. Know I shouldn't moan, I'm blessed to be pg, but hard to enjoy it all with my head down the toilet alot!!

I eat a ginger nut bisc before I get out of bed, which I think??? helps a little to get the boys out to school. But sometimes I get it so bad a night that I have pains in my stomach and I'm in agony. I do have gastritis, so went to my Gp who gave me Ranitidine to take x2 a day (I only take 1, as I hate taking anything) but the wretching was so bad, painful. I have also had horrific headaches since last sunday and they are blinding....prob dehydration! so sorry to moan to you all, but I really am at breaking piont somedays :( Pray it won't last the whole pg...with ds2 it started to get better around 17wks, but I didn't have the gastritis then. With ds1 I was in perfect health!!!! weird!

Got my 12wk scan on 20th oct, so that's exciting....keeps me focused!

Sorry to read a few of u are suffering too.... I hope it passes for u all too and everyone else is keeping well.

Inglewood
October 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Try popcorn. Won't raise your blood sugar level and even helps you sleep!

What kind? any in particular???? x

Inglewood
October 6th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Zanacal, did u have any kind of nausea with the boys???

Mochagirl
October 6th, 2011, 11:58 AM
purplefairy - sorry you're so sick - that sounds miserable.

I'm starting to think I spoke too soon about feeling well. I think the m/s is starting for me after all. This morning, out of the blue, I had the sudden urge to throw up while making my boys their breakfast. All morning I've had a queasy, hungry feeling...but I've been eating non-stop, so it's not hunger making me feel queasy. Oh well, I'll look on the bright side - they always say m/s means a healthy pregnancy, right? I was starting to worry about being completely symptomless.

Oh, and Z - I know you're right about my chances of having a girl. Back when I had ds3 my midwife told me that because one of my pregnancies was twins I still have the same chance of having a girl as a woman with only 2 boys. I still have trouble believing that I'll actually get my girl, though.

Inglewood
October 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
There has been alot of girls born to mum's of 3 boys recently, so Mocha and Zanacal I've got good vibes for u both!!! Even if it's a 2nd pg for you Mocha, ur midwife can't be sure, so don't give up hope yet. I know what u mean at the same time, I am super sure this is boy no 3 for me. Despite my sway and doing the complete opposite of what I did to have my boys, I'm sure I'm meant to be a mum of boys. My friend had a girl after 2 boys 5wks ago and when I saw her with her girl, surrounded in pink, I just couldn't see it for myself :( Hope it's a girl, not just for me, but my mum has 4 grandsons, a wee grand-daughter would be a dream come true for her (she's never said that) but I know my mum.

zanacal
October 6th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I really am sorry you're feeling so bad purplefairy. Is there any medication your doctor can give you? I barely felt pregnant with my boys and never really had any symptoms. The only thing which would remind me I was pregnant was my aching back, which I always get in early pregnancy (but not so much this time!). I really don't want to go down the road, even in my head, of thinking that this pregnancy is different and therefore it could be a girl because I'm sure that's just not how it works! I've started this pregnancy from a much unhealthier place and of course I'm older and more knackered - and pregnancies are just all different aren't they?

(Argh, my boys have been on my laptop with sticky fingers - the keys are all sticking!)

Yesterday another mum from school asked me to collect her little girl, bring her back to our house and then take her swimming with my boys (I was a little freaked out at taking 4 children swimming but then remembered I'll have to get used to that!). It was so funny, DS2 was completely in awe of her and kept telling her how great it was she was there and what a lovely day it was and did she want to come again etc etc. and even DS3 was running around calling her name. Now, when it came to getting changed for swimming I asked whether she wanted to get changed in our room and she did but my boys were terrible - DS1 was stood there saying 'look' and playing his willy like a guitar, they were all running in trying to catch her getting changed ands DS2 was shining a torch through the key hole! This made me realise that a boy might fit better in our house :D Mocha - how did you find having 3 big brothers?!

Mochagirl
October 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Having 3 big brothers was great. They all took care of me and still do. The oldest was more like a father figure than a brother (10 years older) and the one closest to me in age (4 years) hated me for many years for usurping his role as the youngest, but eventually he and I became very close. I do find that I had to learn how to relate to female friends as I grew up - I spent all my time with my brothers and my best friend, who was also a boy - so I've never been 100% comfortable in my female relationships.

I am sooooo tired today! I don't remember being this tired in my other pregnancies - I can barely keep my eyes open! I've also started getting heartburn, which is one of my least favourite things about pregnancy.

begonia
October 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Aww, {hugs} mocha. In all honesty, most people I know with 3 children do have a mixture of genders and I don't believe many of them did anything at all to make that happen. I think you have a good chance at a girl with your third pregnancy regardless just based on that!

ITA! I do think the odds are still in your favor. In fact it seems to me that more of the successful sways seem to happen to those with 3+ of the same gender already. FX for all of you to hear pink!

I think I'm the only blue swayer on here?!?! Although technically I guess I'm back to pink ... whaddya do ... I have good moments and bad moments all in the same day lately. I can't decide if I should "find out" at our scan 10/24 because at this point, I don't think I can say "It's a girl!" with joy in my voice/face when people ask if I know what I'm having; however, I can say with a smile when people ask "It looks healthy; we don't know but we're guessing girl since we have 2 already" The thing that sucks there is then I have people be like "Oh, you know because you think it's a girl it's going to be a boy!" And I want SO BADLY for that to be true but of course I know it isn't. DH is wanting to find out now since we both think girl anyway, and that way we can tell the DD's. But I just don't know if I want to have to tell EVERYONE "it's a girl" ... and if we tell the DD's they will tell everyone so it isn't like we can find out secretly.

I haven't been on this thread in too long! I'm so sorry so many aren't feeling well :( Really is just rotten stuff, the morning sickness! Here's to it passing for y'all fast!!

DM your scan is next week right?!?! So exciting! Is anyone else scheduled for potential nub shots?

Glittergirl
October 8th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Wow I've missed a lot! My kids are on fall break so we took them to Disneyland for a few days. So sorry everyone seems to be feeling horrible. I felt terrible the first few months and a lot of people actually told me I look horrible!!! I think this past trip really helped. I couldn't stop eating and finally no nausea and no vomiting! I really took for granted how perfect my previous pregnancies were. I did have food aversion and some nausea but this time around I was vomiting and sleeping every chance I had to sleep away the sickness! Haha I also kept thinking just MAYBE it's a girl this time since the symptoms are different but then I have to quickly tell myself its a boy so I don't get too excited with the idea. I just saw my doctor yesterday for the second time. She asked how I feel and I said I feel so much better, she said, well you look better, you finally have some color to your face LOL! I asked DH Did I really look as bad as everyone says LOL! I must have looked horrible the first 4 months LOL!

Hang in there girls. I honestly did not see the light at the end of the tunnel but as soon as I hit 4 months it was alike a miracle. I do have aversions and such and I do dry heave at times if I smell something awful, but it's not anything like it was a couple months ago.

Mochagirl
October 10th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Hey ladies - this thread has sure quieted down. How's everyone doing? I'm exactly 6 weeks today, and still no real nausea - just a tiny bit of queasiness now and then but nothing close to making me dry heave or throw up. The bloating is getting out of hand, though - last night we had Thanksgiving dinner, and afterwards my belly ballooned out so much I looked at least 6 months pregnant! DH agreed. We had my BIL over and I had to keep trying to suck it in so he wouldn't notice and guess that I'm pregnant.

I'm also experiencing a lot of insomnia, and my lower back is always sore for a few hours after I wake up. Other than that, no real symptoms.

zanacal
October 10th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Glittergirl - glad you're feeling a bit better! I can't remember, did you decide to find out the sex of your bubba or to wait for a birth day surprise?

Hi Mocha! I know what you mean with the bloating - I definitely look pregnant by the end of the day! I'm doing ok. Some queasiness still and I'm starving hungry all day long (and sometimes during the night!). I'll be 8 weeks on Thursday so still a week and a bit until I book in with the midwife and get my scan date.

I hope everybody else is doing ok x

Mochagirl
October 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
My first midwife appointment is in almost exactly a month. I'll be 10 weeks then, so she'll likely schedule my first u/s for 11-12 weeks. I'm starting to get really scared about finding out the gender - I think about it constantly - especially when I see girl toddlers and babies at the playground. I always look at Moms with pigeon pairs and am so jealous about how effortlessy it came to many of them. I also envy people who say they don't care what gender they have...and they really mean it (not that I won't love my son if that's what I'm having - but you KWIM).

I really don't like the finality of all this - last time I swayed I knew in the back of my head that I could probably try one more time, but we're definitely not trying again after this. I'm really going to be nubsessing if I get a good shot next month.

Glittergirl
October 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi Glittergirl - glad you're feeling a bit better! I can't remember, did you decide to find out the sex of your bubba or to wait for a birth day surprise?

Hi Mocha! I know what you mean with the bloating - I definitely look pregnant by the end of the day! I'm doing ok. Some queasiness still and I'm starving hungry all day long (and sometimes during the night!). I'll be 8 weeks on Thursday so still a week and a bit until I book in with the midwife and get my scan date.

I hope everybody else is doing ok x

I'm still not 100% sure I'm gonna find out. I have to schedule my scan in the next week or two...I wanna find out but I'm so scared to. What if regret finding out? Not sure yet but I guess I have a week to decide. I'll post my nub shots again and see what you all think??

princesssarah34
October 10th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hello Ladies ....sorry I have been having computer issues! My laptop's video card went out again! So I get to call and hassel the company about replacing it! In the mean time I will be using a old laptop my Mom has as a extra! Nothing fancy but I can check emails and fb and on my websites!
I must say I have been feeling pretty good the last few days...my nausea/ morning(all day) sickness is way better than it was!! But I am hoping it don't come back either like it was! I will be 10 weeks on Wed. and I have my NT scan in a few weeks. So I am getting kinda freaked about things and hoping for nothing to be wrong...knwim!
I am glad to here everyone is doing well! I just found out that our neighbor/friend of the family just had there 3rd baby...the mom did not want to find out the gender until birth. She said I found out the 1st and 2nd time and they were boys...so I am not find out with this one! And guess what she had....a girl!! So I have been just a wee bit down the last few days. I want more than anything a healthy baby...but some days I wish for a girl too. I feel so selfish for having that little bit of a gender desire esp. after losing our last one. I have a feeling in my heart that this one is a boy too and I feel a little sad at the thought of never having the little dresses and all the girlie things. I love my boys believe me I do...they are each so special! And I would not change a thing.....but I am kinda tired of cars and trucks and dirt and boy stuff. I guess I am just trying to keep my heart for being hurt again....but I am pretty sure I just make boys. Sorry just been a wee bit down!

Inglewood
October 11th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Hi all, still been sicky but managing to eat a bit more. Shame I have a rotten cold!! I
I have my 12wk scan in 9 days..don't think I will ask for a nub shot incase they are funny with me. Will be having a good look tho, but sure it's boy no 3, can't explain it....just a strong feeling. Girl I went to school with just had a boy yest and it was announced on FB, she has her pigeon pair! Bit jealous.....

Did the FMU ph test and not sure if ph was 5 or 6....so kinna inbetween territory! Still saying 'boy'. Got the dentist at 2pm, dreading it feeling as sicky, but lost a filling, so needs done.

Hope ur all well?? Keeping ok? Can't believe I am 11wks today! Just desperate for my scan now. x

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Glad you're feeling better, princess. One nice thing about this site is that we never have to apologize for or explain our feelings - we all understand. Saying you hope for a girl doesn't take away any of the love you have for the son you lost or for the baby in your womb. :HH:

purplefairy - sorry you're feeling sick. I know what you mean - I just have a feeling I'm having a boy, and everytime I hear about someone else getting their desired gender it just makes me more convinced I'll be a 4 boy mom. I can't wait to see your u/s pics!!

tweedledeedum
October 11th, 2011, 10:47 AM
princess - I am going through a period of GD too. My friend took her only daughter for ear piercing this weekend and it hurts. And it seems everywhere I look I see pigeon pairs. My grade school BFF just had one, seems everyone on FB is too. I just want a girl too! My other BFF has BBG and what are the odds we would both have BBG? I think its unlikely.

purplefairy - hope you feel better soon! Being sick and pregnant is the worst...

mocha - i hear you on thanksgiving! I wore a loose shirt and still had to suck it in towards the end of the day.

I am still having bad m/s. It is constant, it only gets better when I am eating sometimes. I am 8 weeks now, I really hope its over by 12 weeks. I can't help but think that my m/s is so horrible bc of the diet i was on before getting pg this time..just looking for something to blame, i guess!

DoulaMama
October 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hi Girls!
It's been really difficult to get on here.....I do log and read a few new 2ww posts but that's all I have time for:( We had my family over for Thanksgiving, made a huge meal....and it was soooo yummy!!! I'm 13w tomorrow and it's getting much better in the m/s category!!! YAY! I'm actually pretty excited because it usually takes 18w for it to subside so this is so nice!
Princess- so nice to hear that things are smoothing out for you too in that area:)

We picked up ONE of our new puppies on Friday last week, too:) I can't believe we've bought 2 dogs! We're nuts!!! LOL
We ended up getting a Labradoodle:) Her name is Shea and she's a caramel colour. We just adore her! The other pup is a white, female Maltipoo....who's name is Tilly:HH: I have wanted a maltipoo for about 10 years now and I'm so excited to finally pick up our new, little white ball of fluff!!! She's 3lbs right now!

4 days until my scan!!! Holy crap....it's a little nerve wracking I have to say. I have this sneaking suspicion that the tech will have no clue what a nub is and will take the wrong shot of the baby...and that I'll have to wait 4 more weeks anyway...LOL Atleast it's the highest resolution u/s machine in the town. Hopefully I get some sort of clue...cause it's driving me insane!!! I'm getting better and better at thinking, expecting, and actually hoping in some ways, that this is a boy. It's a relief inside to know that even though I'll be sad for a bit, I can see myself getting over the GD with this last baby faster than all the rest. It might be the finality of it all, who knows. Plus after reading some of the posts on here and thinking about me losing my baby or not being able to become pregnant....I feel so blessed to be pregnant right now:)

Mocha!!! Your baby is the size of a sweetpea!! So awesome!! I can't believe you're 6w already!

GG- I'm wondering if I'll regret finding out too....you know, thinking that I'll be fine and then finding out that I'm really not fine...but then there's no going back. If I get a really good nub shot and it screams BOY then I'm going to pass on the 18w u/s. If it screams GIRL then I'll have to go in for another u/s just to put my mind at rest. At this moment I have no clue what's inside me...I have zero intuition. What about you? Do you feel it's a girl?

I hope that everyone's m/s gets better real fast...it sucks so much :( I know that I'm missing so many people....I'm so frickin busy lately...and my computer time is up:( I have to start packing for our 9 hour trip on Thursday...going to a Wedding. And then we have to make a detour...another 8 hour round trip drive to pick up our second dog...and then my hubby has to work 2 days while I get to look after 2 puppies and 3 children all on my own...while in a hotel room. Sounds like fun, hey?!

I'll be back on later after the laundry and clean up! xoxoxo

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
mocha - i hear you on thanksgiving! I wore a loose shirt and still had to suck it in towards the end of the day.

Yep - I'm having to dig out the loose shirts too. What makes it worse is that I spent my whole summer showing off my new thin body in tight little shirts, so people are really starting to notice the change.

DM - I can't believe your scan is so soon! Let the stalking begin....

DoulaMama
October 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Mocha- Me neither! It's a little surreal....I can't believe I'm nearly in the second trimester!

Well, I just couldn't take it any longer! I got my doppler out and tried to find the heartbeat. I'm not a big doppler user, and I really don't like the use of them or ultrasounds...but I have to say that the anxiety of seeing a baby without a heartbeat on my first u/s was weighing heavy on my mind.
Anyway, it's 160bpm, baby is on the right hand side and I felt a couple of kicks while trying to find it! Took me awhile because I thought baby would be lower but he/she is quite high up in the uterus. I'm feeling loads better now:) Just thought I'd share!!

princesssarah34
October 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I received a very special gift in the mail today. My cousin had her Grandmother make a very special gift in memory of my Evan Daniel. It is beautiful! And what made it even more special is it has the birth stone of the month I delivered Evan in which was Dec. I sat in my car at the post office and cried!

I just thought I would share this lovey surprise with you all!

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM
What a touching and beautiful gift, princess :HH:

DM - that's exciting that you got to hear the heartbeat. I know it's all just an old wives tale, but that sounds like a girly heartrate to me!

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I really don't like the finality of all this - last time I swayed I knew in the back of my head that I could probably try one more time, but we're definitely not trying again after this. I'm really going to be nubsessing if I get a good shot next month.

The finality of #3 is what has definitely been harder on me. This is IT. I'm a girl mom. LOL. I'm having a better day today than I've had in a the last two weeks so that's a good thing. FX you get a good nub shot!

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I'm still not 100% sure I'm gonna find out. I have to schedule my scan in the next week or two...I wanna find out but I'm so scared to. What if regret finding out? Not sure yet but I guess I have a week to decide. I'll post my nub shots again and see what you all think??

Because you have SO many shots that are so consistent, I think it is unlikely you will hear anything OTHER than girl ... it's when there's just one photo that I think nubs can end up looking like something other than what they are. I think you're really in good shape to hear "girl" so I would say ... FIND OUT :) Think of how happy you'll be the rest of your pregnancy ... and oh ... the shopping you'll get to do ...

I'm trying to get excited about shopping for another girl but right now it's still hard for me. I so badly want to buy boy's clothes for once, which I'm sure all of you are like what?!?! why?!?! Lol. But I do. I might just have to go get an entire boys layette and donate it to the local pregnancy center so that I can bless a woman who really needs it. In a weird way I think that could help me heal some more.

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Hello Ladies ....sorry I have been having computer issues! My laptop's video card went out again! So I get to call and hassel the company about replacing it! In the mean time I will be using a old laptop my Mom has as a extra! Nothing fancy but I can check emails and fb and on my websites!
I must say I have been feeling pretty good the last few days...my nausea/ morning(all day) sickness is way better than it was!! But I am hoping it don't come back either like it was! I will be 10 weeks on Wed. and I have my NT scan in a few weeks. So I am getting kinda freaked about things and hoping for nothing to be wrong...knwim!
I am glad to here everyone is doing well! I just found out that our neighbor/friend of the family just had there 3rd baby...the mom did not want to find out the gender until birth. She said I found out the 1st and 2nd time and they were boys...so I am not find out with this one! And guess what she had....a girl!! So I have been just a wee bit down the last few days. I want more than anything a healthy baby...but some days I wish for a girl too. I feel so selfish for having that little bit of a gender desire esp. after losing our last one. I have a feeling in my heart that this one is a boy too and I feel a little sad at the thought of never having the little dresses and all the girlie things. I love my boys believe me I do...they are each so special! And I would not change a thing.....but I am kinda tired of cars and trucks and dirt and boy stuff. I guess I am just trying to keep my heart for being hurt again....but I am pretty sure I just make boys. Sorry just been a wee bit down!

Princess, HUGS. It is OK to be a bit down. Be gracious with yourself. Yes you had a tragic loss that reminded you how precious a baby is (I read your blog with tears pouring down; thank you for sharing) but this is a different pregnancy; it's OK to have hopes for it too. As much as we would like to, we can't control our emotions and our desires for a gender. And don't feel bad about wanting that and sharing when you're down; we're all here bc we wanted a DG, not because we DON'T love the DC we already have.

Remember too that pregnancy hormones are real and they are buggers!

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Awww...thanks, Begonia. I'm glad you had a better day today. You're going to raise those girls to be strong, beautiful women who will make you proud. Every day will get better, and although I definitely don't want you to disappear on us, I'm told GD gets a lot better when you stop visiting these sorts of boards where we all obsess over gender constantly. Lots of women out there are completely happy raising one gender families and have never heard of GD. If fate decides to give me boy #4, I'm going to do my best to move on and put everything into raising them as sensitive, caring boys who enjoy spending time with their Mom ;).

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Purplefairy when is your scan? FWIW the FMU wasn't right for me ... I was consistently shockingly high, like an 8, and am having a girl. Who knows?!?! FX you get your DD!

Man, Mocha that's another one that was wrong for me, the heartrate. Really all the OWT (including Ramzi theory) pointed to boy this time for me and I hate to say it but that's part of the reason I felt SUCH a let down, KWIM? I felt like with the sway, and the OWT ... for SURE I'd hear boy. I do hope the heartbeat is an accurate predictor for you DM!!!

Oh my gosh your scan is SO CLOSE!!!! Totally will be stalking you. And thank you for your sweet words on me deleting my sway. It was cathartic. It really did help me a ton. Not as much as kissing some sweet baby cheeks will help me in February but it did help :)

Princess that is super sweet! What a precious, precious gift.

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Awww...thanks, Begonia. I'm glad you had a better day today. You're going to raise those girls to be strong, beautiful women who will make you proud. Every day will get better, and although I definitely don't want you to disappear on us, I'm told GD gets a lot better when you stop visiting these sorts of boards where we all obsess over gender constantly. Lots of women out there are completely happy raising one gender families and have never heard of GD. If fate decides to give me boy #4, I'm going to do my best to move on and put everything into raising them as sensitive, caring boys who enjoy spending time with their Mom ;).

Thank you Mocha! I keep trying to stop coming and then I get sucked back in :) It's hard right now because there are so many women that I am invested in; you know? I do totally agree that there are loads of women who probably have no clue about GD. Lucky ladies. Sometimes I curse the day I googled "having a boy after two girls" but ah, whaddya do.

And FWIW I've said it before but I would have loved to raise boys. I am certain that you will do a fab job raising those boys into wonderful men who adore their mother. My DH and his mom are super tight. And I adore her too ... we talk more than I talk to my own mom! FX you get a DD of your own but if not, FX you get a loving DIL and some sweet grandbaby girls. I'm already praying like crazy for some SIL's and a whole mess of grandsons to mess up my house!

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 11:25 PM
LOL, by SIL I don't mean sisters-in-law. Got two of those already. Sons-in-law. Oh man they better be good, 'cause my girls are awesome:cool:

zanacal
October 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Begonia - my parents wanted a boy too (they had 2 girls then mum had cervical cancer and had a hysterectomy) and they now have 4 grandsons (and 1 granddaughter) with 2 more on the way!

DM - that's wonderful that you heard baby's heartbeat. I too am having that panic about going for my 12 week scan and not seeing a heartbeat. It's only natural when you have nothing but a line on a stick to go by up until that point!

Ugh, I'm sorry, I can't remember who else posted and what I wanted to say - I'm sat here feeling rather sick and planning to head off to my bed! I made the mistake of wearing an empire line top today and I looked so pregnant! I said to DH when he got home from work that perhaps I shouldn't have worn this top and he looked at me and gasped! I don't think anybody would be rude enough to ask though :D

begonia
October 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Zan that's kinda funny about the empire top! Those things can make a flat bellied woman look pregnant though!

The way my girls love salt and potatoes I will definitely end up with some grandsons :rofl:

ELP
October 13th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Hi Girls!

4 days until my scan!!! Thats so exciting DM!! Can you video the scan for us to obsess over??? Even if its wobbly we just might pick up some decent clues:agree:

DoulaMama
October 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Hi Girls, I'm so gutted right now:( My puppy has come down with Parvovirus and is on an iv in the vets office for 3 days most likely. So that means we had to cancel our trip this weekend, hence no ultrasound:( It's been such a crappy week. My grandma passed away 2 days ago(she was my last living grandparent)and even though we weren't that close, it was shocking and unexpected.
I cried so much yesterday that my eyes are almost swollen shut. When it rains it pours.

ELP
October 13th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Oh DM, thats truly awful:( Losing your last grandparent is so sad. Not to be a downer but is the parvo the same that humans can carry?

Mochagirl
October 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm sooo sorry about your puppy, DM. I know how hard it is to have your pet at the vet. I'm also sorry about your Grandma - sad news often travels in pairs. Hopefully you'll be able to re-schedule your u/s for sometime soon.

DoulaMama
October 13th, 2011, 12:31 PM
ELP - thank you:) And no, it's a different Parvo....thank goodness.

Mocha- thank you:)

I'm thinking I'll just wait for a 17w u/s now. Makes me sad but we don't have an u/s place that's close to us and I'll have to travel to one:(

zanacal
October 13th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Oh DM, I'm sorry {hugs} x

Out of the Blue
October 13th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Just popping on for a minute to say SOOOO Sorry I've been MIA...Been on vay-cay visiting family this month and Internet access is limited. Got TONS to tell you all but I'll probably wait until my OB visit when I get back in 2 wks. Hopefully it's good news...I'm trying to stay positive. I'll try to log on again next week. Hope you're all doing well!!!

I haven't gotten a chance to read any posts for about 2 wks but I did see yours, DM...I am so very sorry!!! :HH:

Foxy
October 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM
DM - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, hun. :( I hope your puppy gets better asap!

tweedledeedum
October 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Dm - So sorry about your grandma, hope you are doing ok. And hoping your puppy is better too. :-(

DoulaMama
October 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Thank you so much girls :HH: You're all so sweet. xoxo Today has been a better day. I'm just hoping and praying that when the vet calls to tell me how she's doing, it'll be good news.

I just can't believe the cleaning we have to do now:( We have to disinfect our entire house and our entire backyard with bleach water. It's going to take us weeks to make sure this virus is gone. Apparently it can live in the soil for 7 years, on soft surfaces for 1 month and hard surfaces for 6 months. Ugh. What a complete mess this is.

zanacal
October 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Really? That sounds awful DM! More {hugs}

OotB - Your post is intriguing! I hope everything is ok x

I heard some very sad news yesterday. A lady I used to work with had a little girl - well she's all grown up now and we're friends on FB. She's in her early twenties and had a baby by emergency c-section a couple of weeks ago and while they were in there they found an unusual growth and she's now been told she has cervical cancer. Can you imagine? Just awful.

I'm actually feeling fine (and happy!) about a boy or a girl baby now and I don't feel as though I would ever want to try again for a girl if this is a boy. I already know we did what we could for a girl and if we have a boy then it's meant to be and I'm meant to be a boy mum and I'll move forward and make sure I do it well!

princesssarah34
October 14th, 2011, 01:36 PM
DM....so sorry to hear about both your Grandmother and the new puppy! Our puppy had gotten it to when we first got him(that's was 6yrs ago)...but we caught it in time and he is a healthy dog now!

I tried to catch up on all the posts so if I missed something important...sorry about that! :happy:
Things here are ok.....I have not had any morning sickness at all for almost 7days!!! I am a little freaked out by this because I have always gone into the 12-13 week of pg with m/s. So I have been trying to not over think that something is wrong!:nails:
I keep telling myself things are fine...you still have other pg symptoms!! And you started having m/s at 5 weeks and that is not the norm for you either!
So I am hoping that because I had the m/s earlier it just ran it's course and ended earlier! :fingers:

DoulaMama
October 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Z, thanks for the extra hugs:) I have been feeling the same way! I have been dreaming of a little boy with dark hair, looks like my hubby, and we name him Jamieson:) I'm at peace with this right now:) I keep looking at my incredible little 15 mos old man and he's just such a doll. I know that it will all be ok if I have another sweet boy. It's actually a nice feeling. (((hugs))) xo

Princess- it's nice to hear that your pup recovered! I hope that she'll do the same. And yay for m/s being gone!!!!! Mine is too!!! Yippee!!

zanacal
October 14th, 2011, 04:50 PM
DM and princesssarah - I'm so happy you're both feeling better :D I haven't stopped eating for long enough to feel sick lately ... I must do something about that!

It's DS3's 2nd birthday on Sunday - I can't believe my baby is so big already!

begonia
October 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hola chicas!

DM, hun I'm so sorry about all that rockin' your world at once! That's just rough! Hugs to you, and hope you get happy news from the vet soon. Made me give my pup an extra cuddle; they really are like furry family.

I feel better these days. It's been almost 3 weeks since I found out DD3 is on her way and I'm starting to fully accept it; I didn't expect it to be this hard but I don't think I realized how fully entrenched my expectations of a son were. When it's something you've always wanted you almost come to believe the want is there precisely to be filled. Like you get hungry to remind you to eat. It's like I thought the longing was there to encourage me to TTC #3, because it would be this boy I always wanted, LOL. So it's been tough to realize that the dream wasn't a premonition it was just a dream, but I'm getting there. I can't say I feel thrilled at the prospect of another girl but I'm no longer devastated so we're making big progress :bigsmile: Feeling her kick in my belly doesn't make me upset anymore. There are even days, like today, where I'm not sure it even matters at all... why was it ever such a big deal anyway? It never has been to my DH and I wish it never had been to me.

Princess I'm glad the nausea is leaving! FX it stays away!

Zan Happy Bday to your sweet boy! Any big plans? Does he "get" it's his day?

Mochagirl
October 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
begonia - I'm glad you're feeling better. GD sucks. I cried for days when I found out ds3 was a boy after swaying...but then I slowly picked myself up and started to get excited about the little guy's arrival. Now he's the apple of my eye and I can't imagine life without him. I hope my recovery is as swift if I find out I'm having ds4....

Z - maybe that's why I don't have m/s yet - I snack CONSTANTLY :bigsmile:. It's like I want to make up for 5 months of not eating all in a few weeks. I've already gained nearly 10 lbs :oops:.

begonia
October 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Mocha do you think it will be any easier this time if you do end up with DS4? I think swaying might not have been so good for me in terms of the GD. I mean, I know beyond a doubt my sway changed me ... I got all kinds of physical symptoms like hair growth, acne in new places, cycle changed, etc. Clearly an X still won. But seeing all those changes and knowing how very different my lifestyle, diet, etc were this time, it gave me soooo much hope. And then that hope was just crushed, KWIM? Whereas I feel like if I didn't sway I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up so high. Part of my sway too was mentally imagining that I would have a son, I really felt like believing it would work was important, so I did. I believed it and spent months picturing my son. And that definitely was hard to get over.

But like I said, totally getting there, not there yet but definitely think I will be 100% thrilled to welcome DD3 when the time comes. I just don't know that I could do that to myself again with the swaying, I feel like IF we had #4 I'd just roll the dice and take what I get. What made you decide to sway again? Did you change much from last time?

FWIW I always gained 10-12 in the 1st tri with both my girls :) FX this is your little DD!!! I so badly want everyone to get their DG, that's part of the reason I keep hanging around ... it's so wonderful when it DOES happen for someone that I want to be here for the celebrating.

Mochagirl
October 14th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I have no idea how I'd handle the news of another boy this time. Last time I always had it in the back of my head that I could try again for a girl. In fact, my sway was veeeerrry loose because I just wanted to get pregnant quickly.

This time I know it is my last chance. There's no way we want 5 kids, no matter what. I didn't want to have any regrets, so I swayed hard. I feel like I sacrificed so much to sway, starving myself for nearly 5 months and losing 20 lbs, and I worry that will make me more upset because I did all that for nothing.

Honestly, I don't have very high hopes. So far my pregnancy feels the same as my other two, and I'm pregnant the exact same time of year as the others as well, which I feel does not help my chances at all. Although I did a lot to sway, I had dropped lots of parts of it in my successful month, so I'm worried I didn't do enough. I suspect dh has very high testosterone levels (big sex drive, heavily into sports, very short temper, etc.) and I didn't do anything to reduce his testosterone (he ate his normal diet and didn't take any supps), so I just have a feeling I don't have a chance for anything but a boy.

begonia
October 14th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I have no idea how I'd handle the news of another boy this time. Last time I always had it in the back of my head that I could try again for a girl. In fact, my sway was veeeerrry loose because I just wanted to get pregnant quickly.

This time I know it is my last chance. There's no way we want 5 kids, no matter what. I didn't want to have any regrets, so I swayed hard. I feel like I sacrificed so much to sway, starving myself for nearly 5 months and losing 20 lbs, and I worry that will make me more upset because I did all that for nothing.

Honestly, I don't have very high hopes. So far my pregnancy feels the same as my other two, and I'm pregnant the exact same time of year as the others as well, which I feel does not help my chances at all. Although I did a lot to sway, I had dropped lots of parts of it in my successful month, so I'm worried I didn't do enough. I suspect dh has very high testosterone levels (big sex drive, heavily into sports, very short temper, etc.) and I didn't do anything to reduce his testosterone (he ate his normal diet and didn't take any supps), so I just have a feeling I don't have a chance for anything but a boy.

This was me ... what I bolded ... except obvi opposite since I did the boy sway. I went all out on that thing. And I do think it made it harder for me to accept. But I guess the flip side is we did all we could, so we have to be OK with the result knowing we gave it our best shot. I don't know ...I do think swaying is worth the effort, but I also think so much of it does come back down to which ONE of those millions of sperm happened to get in that egg ... I mean, for all I know there could have been 10 Y's there banging on the door and an X just snuck in, KWIM?

Re: pregnancies I had 2 VERY different ones and honestly, this one has been pretty different too ... and they are all girls, LOL! So it could be, even with a girl in there this time, your body just has a pregnancy rhythm. My girls are all at different times of year, too; I think seasons have a small impact if any. I know LOADS of friends IRL with boys in Feb/Mar but maybe they are so boy friendly they didn't need the seasons, and I did. Who knows. Testosterone levels have some research behind them don't they; I can understand why that would worry you, but really, I think YOU bring a lot to the sway with all you did. I think you had a great sway ... I mean, you got down to a 00 girl! That is teensy! If that doesn't make you a girl friendly womb I don't know what else you could have done. Have you decided yet if you'll find out?

Glittergirl
October 15th, 2011, 12:06 AM
DM so sorry to hear about your grandma and also your little puppy. My sweet german shepherd got this virus and also had to stay on IV for several days, but he got better and lived to an old age so I'm sending you positive vibes! I felt so guilty cause I was in college and decided I would save money and vaccinate him myself buying it at our local feed store. well, I think I didn't do a great job or maybe didn't store the vaccine correctly. either way, the guilt was horrible but luckily he survived.

Mocha and Begonia--I feel your pain. Swaying makes it harder to accept! I'm so stuck about finding out the sex now. My gut tells me it's a girl because I want it to be a girl. I never cared before cause I always knew we would have 4 kids and I mainly wanted boys, but this is the absolute last for us. I can't sanely handle 5 kids and be 100% present in their lives the way I am now. So this is it! Should I find out? I'm about 19 weeks and my doc keeps telling me I gotta schedule the U/S. To top it off, we want the kids in the room to see the baby and I can't decide. In my mind, I thought if they say boy, DH and I will keep it a secret and tell people we didn't find out. I really don't wanna hear any remarks from family and friends. But now that we will have the boys come I'm not sure what to do. Aghhh I have been losing sleep over this. MIL calls all the time asking when will we know. I keep saying I'm not sure I'm gonna find out and I can just hear the pause and disappointment.--Sorry to vent!

I have a question....When did you feel baby movements? I still feel nothing! my OB isn't concerned but I clearly remember flutter movements by 16 weeks. I lay on my belly and I still don't feel anything. Sometimes I think it's my imagination and I feel things but I mainly think it's just gas LOL! Oh well, I heard the heartbeat last week so I'm just gonna stop the paranoia.

Mochagirl
October 15th, 2011, 02:41 PM
begonia - I'm fairly sure I'm going to find out the gender. I didn't find out with my twins and was convinced they were girls, and found myself having a twinge of disappointment when the doctor announce 'It's a boy!'. I want to be well over GD by the time #4 arrives.

Glittergirl - honestly, I'm not sure I remember when I first felt movement in my pregnancies. I think with my twins I was convinced I felt it around 16 weeks, but an OB friend of mine told me that was impossible (but he is a man - how can he know what I feel?). I think maybe I felt movement a lot later with ds3, and I seem to remember my midwife suggesting that because my uterus was so stretched out with my twins it was normal to not feel movement until later. I just don't know. I think if your OB isn't concerned you shouldn't spend any precious energy worrying about it (I know, easier said than done).

ELP
October 15th, 2011, 03:06 PM
GG, I'm not feeling much movement still. I find if I lay down in the morning and put my hand on my stomach that I feel more this way, I think its because my uterus must be so worn out its gone numb lol, so I feel more on the outside with my hand!

begonia
October 15th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Glitter, I think you should find out. I really do, those nub shots are pretty convincing. You could still keep it a family secret if you don't want to deal with everyone making a big deal out of it being a girl. It's a tough call. I think you're in a hard spot because with nubs like that and all those guesses, it would be hard for you NOT to be thinking this is a girl, and if (and I really can't imagine this) IF it is in fact a boy, it'll probably be that much harder to digest. Does DH know about all the nub guessing and have an idea that this could be your DD? I think I remember you saying he more than you really was hoping for a daughter.

Mocha, I think when you have your heart set it is a little easier to just find out. Initially I thought the opposite but the fact is, since I wanted a son so badly, it was all I could think about and was making me miserable even before I did know. I wouldn't have wanted to spend the rest of the pg that way. I was going to be sad not knowing, sad knowing girl, or happy knowing boy, and I took the chance because odds were I was going to be sad anyway so I might as well start working through it.

Re: movement I do feel this one, mostly at night when I finally stop for the day. She's a wiggly little one for sure though, my 12 and 17 week scans she wouldn't quit moving for a second, LOL. If you heard the heartbeat I'd say you're in good shape though! And the whole uterus becoming stretched/less sensitive makes sense too.

princesssarah34
October 15th, 2011, 08:02 PM
You all are talking movement...and I am a little freaked out by the fact GG is not feeling any movement. The reason for this is I didn't feel a lot of movement with Evan. I always felt movement at 16 weeks on with my other pg's....I chalked it up to my placenta being in front...but at the u/s at 23 weeks is when we found out that Evan was very sick with hydrops and that is why he was not moving much. GG get the u/s asap!! Sorry don't mean to freak anyone out but I would be alarmed. And it maybe nothing but I would just make sure!

Mochagirl
October 15th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Mocha, I think when you have your heart set it is a little easier to just find out. Initially I thought the opposite but the fact is, since I wanted a son so badly, it was all I could think about and was making me miserable even before I did know. I wouldn't have wanted to spend the rest of the pg that way. I was going to be sad not knowing, sad knowing girl, or happy knowing boy, and I took the chance because odds were I was going to be sad anyway so I might as well start working through it.

Well said, begonia - my sentiments exactly! If I don't find out I'll spend the whole pregnancy torturing myself over whether or not my sway worked, and yes, I think I may start to feel miserable as I convince myself there's no way I'm having a girl. Better to get the news over with - quick like a bandaid - so I can either start to heal and work on getting excited for boy#4 or rejoice over a successful sway.

zanacal
October 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I can't remember how early I felt movement with the first two boys, but with DS3 I felt it fairly early on but then nothing for weeks and I was worried about it so went to the midwife but all was ok - I guess he was just still so tiny at that point and he moved position or something. I wasn't feeling regularly movements until around 18 weeks.

Thanks for wishing DS3 a happy birthday. We had a lovely day at a farm park with my parents and my sister and her two children and he's busy playing with all his toys now. I bought him a lovely wooden play kitchen and while putting it together last night DH said 'you really want a girl don't you' and I was so annoyed with him - how is a kitchen a girl's toy? I so want my boys to grow up being willing and able to cook and clean (my DH can't cook!). Needless to say all 3 boys are enjoying their kitchen!!

Mochagirl
October 16th, 2011, 02:36 PM
My ds3 got a wooden play kitchen for Christmas last year, and all my boys love it too!

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 09:17 PM
ITA kitchens are great toys for boys! My DD1 is actually only friends with boys, LOL, and every one of them wants to play with the kitchen.

Mocha here's hoping you get to rejoice in a successful sway! I had a tough time with the GD again today ... DH and DD1 came home from a camping weekend, they had a great time, but there were lots more dad's out with their sons. And he was like "it sure would be fun to take a boy out too one day." And I was just crushed. Crushed. I prayed for like the 3723rd time that MAYBE my us was wrong, and MAYBE we can still have a boy :( I know he'll be happy with a 3rd DD but for the love of God why couldn't we make just ONE son?!? 3 boys would have been my dream :( I need to let go of it, and I think once she's here and we both see what we've got to work with we're going to make it great. But man. It is hard to let go of these lifelong dreams.

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 09:19 PM
FWIW I will say re: girls toys for boys and vice versa, people are MUCH more accepting of girls playing with boys things, aren't they? And for that matter, girls wearing "boy" clothes. DD1 is always in superhero shirts or camo or something that is decidedly boy, and we for the most part don't get comments ... I can't imagine how it would go though if a little boy had on a pink shirt with a princess twirling on it. People would probably be critical.

Mochagirl
October 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry you had a down day, begonia - I know it's hard. When I had my several months of thinking we weren't going to try again and I was definitely never going to have a girl (dh didn't want anymore kids), I went between feeling fine for long periods of time, to having someone trigger a big crying spell. For example, once when all my family had converged at my Mom's house for the weekend, I was sitting in our bedroom trying to get ds3 to sleep, and I overheard sil talking to her daughter while doing her hair and saying "All I ever wanted was a daughter who I could talk to and do girl things with, and I'm soooo lucky I have you." I lost it, and was miserable for days. On that same trip I found an old children's book in my childhood bedroom called 'When I have a girl," about a little girl dreaming of when she could be a mother to another little girl. That was a tough week. Other times, I looked at my gorgeous family and felt fulfilled. I think if dh hadn't changed his mind and said we could try again, the hard times would have become fewer and fewer and the happy times more and more common. Sometimes I worry I'm unnecessarily opening up new wounds by doing this again since I was on the verge of starting to feel better.

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Well...it looks like m/s finally found me. I'm 7 weeks to the day today, and I felt sick from the moment I woke up. Unfortunately I forgot my prenatal yesterday so I took it first thing this morning instead, which I think made things worse (as did my lack of sleep last night - I only got a few solid hours). This morning I couldn't even fathom drinking my beloved coffee, and finally, after feeling on the brink of throwing up for 2 hours, I just gave in and threw up.

DoulaMama
October 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Oh Mocha:( I'm so sorry. It started at 7w exactly for me too. I've taken folic acid and b6 but I haven't touched a prenatal yet. They make me so sick. Fx'd it stops at the 12w mark:) xo

I have lots to write but I'm on my phone at the moment... Will hop on later and chat:) hello to all!
xo

princesssarah34
October 17th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Mocha....so sorry to here that the m/s has gotten to you! I will not miss it that is for sure!!
Begonia...sorry you had a down day! I hope that you have less and less of those as your pg goes on!

We had a crazy filled weekend. My oldest son broke our $500 32" flat screen TV that we saved 6 months for last year. :hair: He lied at 1st about how it got broke (we were not home when he broke it)....then fesses up later that he was playing with the dog and tripped, fell and hit his head on it (not sure if that is what really happened only because he had been playing video games earlier and he has a tendency to get really mad...we think he threw something and hit the TV) but that is what he fussed up to so..:shrug:..he is going to have to help pay for the new one....lots of chores and no allowance for a while! So needless to say I should have my laptop fixed sometime this week and our new TV I just ordered for less the the 1st one will be here in 3-5 business days!
And next we go for our NT scan.......so lot goes on here! :omg:

zanacal
October 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Ugh princesssarah, I am not looking forward to having teenagers! I'm glad the sickness is staying away. When is your scan?

Sorry sickness has caught up with you mocha - did you suffer badly with your last pregnancies?

Out of the Blue - are you back with your news?!

I'm doing ok - my midwife booking in appointment is on Thursday so I should get my scan date this week too. I'm looking so fat, it's going to be difficult to conceal this for another 3 or 4 weeks!

princesssarah34
October 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Ugh princesssarah, I am not looking forward to having teenagers! I'm glad the sickness is staying away. When is your scan?

Oct.26th....so next week! I am hoping everything looks good at the NT scan. It wasn't until the 23week scan that they found the hydrops in Evan......but each scan and milestone of things that take place I will breathe easier as they pass and this baby is ok!

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 09:51 PM
My m/s wasn't too bad in my other pregnancies - it started a bit earlier, but it would really only come in the morning and sometimes at night. It was worst with my twin pregnancy - I gagged pretty much every time I brushed my teeth. I got into the habit of drinking a big glass of cold water first thing in the morning, knowing it would make me throw up. Afterwards, I'd feel well enough to eat breakfast and drink my coffee, and the nausea would go away. Throwing up is gross, but it's better than feeling like you're about to throw up for hours and hours.

Foxy
October 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Mocha - Sorry to hear that m/s found you! Boo!

Princess - Sorry about you tv :( Good luck with your NT scan! I hope all is well with your little bean! Make sure you get some good nub shots for us to guess on!

I have a u/s tomorrow to see if the SH has gone. Can't wait to see my gummy bear! :)

tweedledeedum
October 18th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Hi girls,

Mocha - sorry to hear about the m/s. Hope it passes quickly for you but I know it really sucks.

princess - sorry to hear about your tv but at least you are getting a new one right away. Teenagers!

foxy - good luck with your u/s. Hopefully your SH is totally gone. i had them the last two pregnancies and know they are so stressful!

I am still really sick and everyone is sick of my whining around here. I'm 9 wks now, so hopefully only a few more weeks until I feel better. We told our parents about the pregnancy now and it went well. We will tell the rest of the family after my first appointment (still not sure when that will be!).

Has anyone tried that baking soda gender test (pee on baking soda and if it fizzes its a boy and if it does nothing it's a girl)? I'm sure its probably an OWT but my DDC was trying it....it said boy for me...hope it was wrong!

begonia
October 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Oct.26th....so next week! I am hoping everything looks good at the NT scan. It wasn't until the 23week scan that they found the hydrops in Evan......but each scan and milestone of things that take place I will breathe easier as they pass and this baby is ok!

FX for you love! I have a scan the 24th and while I certainly don't have the level of anxiety you do (and yours is for good reason, I don't blame you a bit!) I know I will breathe easier seeing my baby in there again. RATS about the TV! At least he fessed up ... even if you don't buy HOW he broke it, it's a good step that he admitted some fault.

Mocha ITA, throwing up is gross, but the endless nausea is rotten! I'm read your post about finding that book in your room and can see where that would be hard. Honestly until I came to these boards I never realized how many women (and even their DH's) DO want daughters, which might seem totally crazy, but since I wanted sons so badly I couldn't imagine why anyone would want what I have. I thought about starting a thread but was worried it could make people sad, or turn into gender-bashing (though that seemed more frequent on IG) ... but I think it would be good for us girl moms to hear why boy moms wanted girls, and good for the boy moms to hear why we girl moms envy your having sons.

Foxy keep us posted on tomorrow! Maybe you'll get a cute pic to post :)

Tweedle I'm sorry you're sick too, hope it gets better. I haven't even heard of the baking soda test! Does it have to be done early on? I will say this ... just about every OWT in the book pegged this as a boy for me. And it's a girl. So don't lose heart!

DM, how you doing love? When's the date for the big scan now? Any update on your pup?

Inglewood
October 18th, 2011, 11:59 AM
purplefairy - sorry you're feeling sick. I know what you mean - I just have a feeling I'm having a boy, and everytime I hear about someone else getting their desired gender it just makes me more convinced I'll be a 4 boy mom. I can't wait to see your u/s pics!!

Me too!!! Everytime i hear someone having a girl, I think I am likely to have a boy. x

Inglewood
October 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Oh Mocha:( I'm so sorry. It started at 7w exactly for me too. I've taken folic acid and b6 but I haven't touched a prenatal yet. They make me so sick. Fx'd it stops at the 12w mark:) xo

I have lots to write but I'm on my phone at the moment... Will hop on later and chat:) hello to all!
xo

Prenatals make me SOOOO ill too!!! The folic acid doesn't help either and it's a horror for constipation :(

Inglewood
October 18th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi all! Not been on for a while as the dreaded sickness still consuming my days!!! I am 12wks today!! woohoo! and have my scan on thurs :) Might ask for a nub shot if the sonographer seems nice! I am off work sick as I have had a rotten cold for 10days now making my sickness worse. Reading ur comments on GD is like listening to my own voices in my head. I am so so sure this is ds no 3.... and I know I will get over it before he comes, whereas with ds2 I had the shock when he was born, that was tough. I wa so sure he was a girl as it was a completely diff pg to ds1. I was super sick 2nd time round and with ds1 I was in perfect health. This is my last baby, my 3rd c-section. Can't wait for my 20wk scan to ask the sex. I wanted to find out at 16wks privately, but Dh thinks it's best to find out at 20wks, then if a boy a 4d scan for confirmation, will be a good bonding scan and might help me accept another boy better, also we would take the boys to see their new wee brother, deep down I know he is right, it's the waiting that will be hard!

Sorry to hear a few of u are like me and sicky, I am so fed up, hoping it passes soon as I'm going out my mind at times. Dh is getting fed up listening to me, hasn't said it, but doesn't need to! I have both boys birthdays in the next 4wks and hope I can get thru the parties. I can't wait to eat something nice, meantime, I'm off to cook for the family while I sit with crackers and hot water :(

Take care xx

DoulaMama
October 18th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hola chicas!

DM, hun I'm so sorry about all that rockin' your world at once! That's just rough! Hugs to you, and hope you get happy news from the vet soon. Made me give my pup an extra cuddle; they really are like furry family.

I feel better these days. It's been almost 3 weeks since I found out DD3 is on her way and I'm starting to fully accept it; I didn't expect it to be this hard but I don't think I realized how fully entrenched my expectations of a son were. When it's something you've always wanted you almost come to believe the want is there precisely to be filled. Like you get hungry to remind you to eat. It's like I thought the longing was there to encourage me to TTC #3, because it would be this boy I always wanted, LOL. So it's been tough to realize that the dream wasn't a premonition it was just a dream, but I'm getting there. I can't say I feel thrilled at the prospect of another girl but I'm no longer devastated so we're making big progress :bigsmile: Feeling her kick in my belly doesn't make me upset anymore. There are even days, like today, where I'm not sure it even matters at all... why was it ever such a big deal anyway? It never has been to my DH and I wish it never had been to me.

Thanks Hun:) She's doing really well now, thanks. It was caught by us so early that her recovery was very fast and smooth...thank goodness. It's been an insanely long week of bleaching and spraying our house with viruscide....Ugh. Just what a pregnant woman wants to do...while looking after 3 children. I had to do it though because this virus lives for months inside the house...and years in the soil. So when we get our second puppy, the virus has to be gone before she's on the property. What a mess. The breeder wasn't very knowledgeable about keeping people and dogs away from her new puppy's either so no wonder they came down with this.

I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better about girlie number 3:) I don't know if it would make you feel better...but 3/4 girls is my DREAM family makeup. I am so jealous of all girl families. My hubby wouldn't have cared either way, so having a boy wasn't something that he needed. I just figured that out of 4 children...I would definitely have a girl in there somewhere. Boy was I wrong. I also wanted to tell you about a convo I had with a check out lady in our grocery store..of all places....She asked if I was hoping for a girl. I told her that it would be nice but I'm not holding out much hope. She then told me that she had BBBG and that she was ecstatic that she FINALLY got her girl. She then told me that she always thought she would have the closest relationship with her daughter for obvious reasons, but that she was WAY closer to her third son(the one she was disappointed about having, at first). She said that he's 28, has a great girlfriend, went to college close to home, chose to live close to her and comes over for dinner twice a week with his girl, helps with her yard/building stuff etc. She kinda got teary eyed and said that he was her soul child. I cried! It was so beautiful and it made me really think about my gender wishes. xoxo Love to you~~~

DM so sorry to hear about your grandma and also your little puppy. My sweet german shepherd got this virus and also had to stay on IV for several days, but he got better and lived to an old age so I'm sending you positive vibes! I felt so guilty cause I was in college and decided I would save money and vaccinate him myself buying it at our local feed store. well, I think I didn't do a great job or maybe didn't store the vaccine correctly. either way, the guilt was horrible but luckily he survived.
Mocha and Begonia--I feel your pain. Swaying makes it harder to accept! I'm so stuck about finding out the sex now. My gut tells me it's a girl because I want it to be a girl. I never cared before cause I always knew we would have 4 kids and I mainly wanted boys, but this is the absolute last for us. I can't sanely handle 5 kids and be 100% present in their lives the way I am now. So this is it! Should I find out? I'm about 19 weeks and my doc keeps telling me I gotta schedule the U/S. To top it off, we want the kids in the room to see the baby and I can't decide. In my mind, I thought if they say boy, DH and I will keep it a secret and tell people we didn't find out. I really don't wanna hear any remarks from family and friends. But now that we will have the boys come I'm not sure what to do. Aghhh I have been losing sleep over this. MIL calls all the time asking when will we know. I keep saying I'm not sure I'm gonna find out and I can just hear the pause and disappointment.--Sorry to vent!

I have a question....When did you feel baby movements? I still feel nothing! my OB isn't concerned but I clearly remember flutter movements by 16 weeks. I lay on my belly and I still don't feel anything. Sometimes I think it's my imagination and I feel things but I mainly think it's just gas LOL! Oh well, I heard the heartbeat last week so I'm just gonna stop the paranoia.
Thanks GG! It is a terrible virus hey?! Holy dina, I had no idea how bad it was until I did some research and then I couldn't sleep a wink that night:(
About finding out...could you pull the u/s tech aside and tell her that you want her to have a peak, write it down on a slip of paper and then give it to you before you leave? That way you can do what ever you want with the info. You could keep it a secret, or do a big surprise party with cake(revealing the gender) or just let everyone know.
Oh and about movement...do you know if you have a posterior or anterior placenta? I found that with my second I had movement really early...like 12 weeks and then nothing until 20. I had an anterior placenta though. Just a thought. Oh and the more kids you have, the bigger your uterus gets and the harder it is to feel them until the fill the space a bit:) I wouldn't worry too much at all:) Hugs~ xo

I'm doing ok - my midwife booking in appointment is on Thursday so I should get my scan date this week too. I'm looking so fat, it's going to be difficult to conceal this for another 3 or 4 weeks!
YAY! So exciting! Can't wait to hear about your appt. and your scan date!!! Woohoo! PLus, happy belated Bday to your DS!

I have a u/s tomorrow to see if the SH has gone. Can't wait to see my gummy bear! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the SH is gone Foxy~~ xoxo

Honestly until I came to these boards I never realized how many women (and even their DH's) DO want daughters, which might seem totally crazy, but since I wanted sons so badly I couldn't imagine why anyone would want what I have. I thought about starting a thread but was worried it could make people sad, or turn into gender-bashing (though that seemed more frequent on IG) ... but I think it would be good for us girl moms to hear why boy moms wanted girls, and good for the boy moms to hear why we girl moms envy your having sons.

Start the thread!!! I would totally post and tell you my thoughts on why I wanted girls. I know some of it may be silly but it's nice to get it off my chest. PLus it's nice to see why moms want boys as some days I think that I'm cursed:( Boys are not easy to raise in my books...and it makes the GD even harder.

Hi all! Not been on for a while as the dreaded sickness still consuming my days!!! I am 12wks today!! woohoo! and have my scan on thurs :) Might ask for a nub shot if the sonographer seems nice! I am off work sick as I have had a rotten cold for 10days now making my sickness worse. Reading ur comments on GD is like listening to my own voices in my head. I am so so sure this is ds no 3.... and I know I will get over it before he comes, whereas with ds2 I had the shock when he was born, that was tough. I wa so sure he was a girl as it was a completely diff pg to ds1. I was super sick 2nd time round and with ds1 I was in perfect health. This is my last baby, my 3rd c-section. Can't wait for my 20wk scan to ask the sex. I wanted to find out at 16wks privately, but Dh thinks it's best to find out at 20wks, then if a boy a 4d scan for confirmation, will be a good bonding scan and might help me accept another boy better, also we would take the boys to see their new wee brother, deep down I know he is right, it's the waiting that will be hard!

Take care xx
I'm so sorry you feel like crap. FX'd it ends in a few weeks, Hun. I too was shocked when DS3 came out a boy. I was SOOOOO sure that he was a girl. I do not want that shock at my last birth. I love the entire labour/birth portion and with this being my last experience, I do not want to taint it with the possibility of GD at the birth. So, I'm gearing up to hear "boy" soon but that's ok. I will be ok and I will love my son:) Good luck on a nub shot!! Can't wait to see it!!! xo

BLUE- I hope you're doing well! xoxo

AFM....I'm feeling great! Other than the constant clean up and crazy kids, it's been ok here lately. I found my DS2 downstairs yesterday with a lip tint that my mom had accidently dropped under the couch..I guess he found it and decided to write EVERYWHERE with it. Couches...carpet...walls...tv...wood furniture...toys....and after all the cleaning that I did recently for this doggy virus. I almost buried him in the backyard. This is when my GD really hits..I have this weird idea in my head that girls aren't destructive...I'm guessing that's not true...right?
Anyway....as far as my scan....I have 2 choices. I am going to visit my close gf for 2 weeks and will be driving through and stopping in a town that has a fancy high res. u/s. On the way down I'll be 15w3d....and the way back I'll be 17w3d. Which would you choose??? I have to book it soon....just not sure if 15w3d would be too early? I could do both I guess....but if 15w is cutting it close then I'll wait the 2 extra weeks.
Thanks for any thoughts!!!

begonia
October 18th, 2011, 06:22 PM
DM I'd wait the extra 2 weeks! If you were going to be 16 weeks you'd have a decent shot (DD2 I found out at 16+2) but earlier than that I'd have a hard time feeling 100% confident in either guess. You definitely can get a good GUESS at that gestation but if you're looking for closure, 17+ is just about as accurate as 20w.

Re: your destructive little guy, well ... LOL my DD2 and him would have had a FINE time together! DD1 was not into any of that, she's my tomboy in terms of her clothing style/toy preferences, but behaviorally is pretty darned easy. I tell her not to do something and she doesn't do it, whether I'm there watching her or not. DD2, if she hears me say not to do something .. well by all means she MUST try it. If it's just the 2 of us home and I need to shower, I lock her in the bathroom with me and don't take my eyes off her for a second :) Oh man I have a friend whose DD dumped out an entire gallon of milk and then broke a dozen eggs onto a carpeted floor! So ... little girls can be destructive too. Hope that makes you feel a bit better about that.

Weirdly it is nice to hear that your dream family would be lots of girls, I do appreciate it :) I really hope you get one! And oh that convo in the supermarket! I had a similar one with a friend who has BBG. She was PRAYING for that G; they did shettles and lucky for her it "worked." Her kids are all older elementary, so nowhere near grown, but similar to that lady in the market she said her second son is her soul-mate child. She's so happy to have her girl for dance class and dresses, etc ... but she said she thinks her DS2 is going to be the one who she ends up closest to as adults.

AND I think those of us that are blessed with both the ability and desire to have more than 2 kids really improve our odds of having at least one child who we end up having a great, lifelong relationship with, KWIM? If we had stopped with DD1 I think DH would have really missed out, because he and DD2 have a connection that is definitely going to be a tight one forever. You can see it already. It's such a good reminder to me that it REALLY is about the relationship and not the gender. My DD1 would have been a disappointment to many mom's hoping for a girl; she hasn't worn a dress in 3 years, she only wants to play legos or superheros, she won't go anywhere near a princess toy and couldn't be paid to go to dance class. But she's just perfect for me :HH:

Purple I hope you hear pink at 20 weeks! I hear you on the finding out v. not finding out. We weren't going to find out with this one (well, DH still isn't and doesn't know that I did) and even with the GD, I am BEYOND thankful I found out because I really, really thought this was a boy. I would have been very disappointed at the birth. In love, obviously, but my shock and disappointment would have clouded the day without a doubt. At least now I can go in there with my head wrapped around holding another sweet little girl :) Which is what DH expects anyway so he won't be disappointed ... but man, it would have been the best surprise ever to give him a son. Can't think like that though! Those are exactly the thoughts that I need to keep working on getting out of my head ...

And you mentioned getting another scan to help bond if it's a son; I think that's a great idea. We have a scan next week and I think it's going to be really great for me. And if around 30 weeks I'm still struggling I'll probably book a 3d/4d myself, just for me to see her again and remind me to enjoy my last few months. I'm with you DM, I really do love L&D and want this last one to be an amazing experience, physically and emotionally :)

DoulaMama
October 18th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks B! Off to book it!!! The official date will be....Nov 12th:) 25 days and counting down!! Yay!!

So...another Q for you gals.....

I will have my hubby and 3 kids with me(hubby is flying to meet me to help me with the drive home as it might be very snowy conditions on the drive home). I'm going to request that I go in for my scan by myself as it's only a 10min appt and he thinks I'm looking at my placenta, if there's one or two, etc. What if he insists that he come in with me!! EEK! What if(or should I say when)I hear boy...will I lose it in front of him?? Should I get it written down and then look later? The thing is I would like to look at the screen to make sure that I SEE a boy or GIRL. Ugh. What a disaster. I guess I have to believe it's a boy before I go in and then I won't be shocked at all and I'll be ok for the remainder of the 8 hour drive home..... LOL

Thank you for your stories about destucto-girls:) LOL It helps to hear them as I only have friends with very well behaved, relaxed, quiet little girls.
xoxo

begonia
October 18th, 2011, 07:41 PM
OH DM that will be hard! As hard as it would be to sit on it for the drive home, I'd lean towards having them write it down so you can have a private moment later. Maybe even call ahead and see if they can make a note in your appointment booking that you want it done that way, so you don't have to fuss about what to do if DH comes in, etc.

DH just found out he has to be out of town for our u/s on Monday morning. Which is OK with me; I'll get to have a nice quiet few minutes with the baby and me. FX I enjoy it and don't get upset all over again. I'm really glad we decided not to "find out" because I don't want to have to tell everyone it is another girl. I'd rather deal with the occasional "maybe this is your boy!" comments than people awkwardly congratulating us on it being "another" girl, KWIM? People never know what to say to #3; I certainly don't ... when people only have one and find out they're having another of the same gender, I think it's easy to be like "How fun to have a sister/brother pair! They will love growing up together!" and mean it. But with 3?!? It sounds forced, at least to me, for people to say they are happy for you. That'll be much easier to do once she's here and is the most gorgeous baby in the whole wide world :bigsmile: DH also thinks its a girl and agrees it'll be way more fun to hear that at birth than it would be to have another potty shot, LOL.

DoulaMama
October 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
B- I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you'll have a wonderful ultrasound and enjoy looking at your sweet baby girl:) xoxo

WELL......I have a new development here on the u/s front. I've got a "dating" scan(LOL! I know exactly when I O'd so this is just for me wanting to see what's going on in there:))booked for Friday at 2:45pm!! 2 days!! EEK! I'll be 14w2d. Not sure if that's too late for a nub shot or not but I don't care. I really want to see baby, where my placenta is, etc and for $20 they will record the session on CD(I believe that is what she said...although she could have meant record the pics on the CD...not totally sure). I may bring my video camera and record it if they aren't going to. I'll post it and see what you guys think:) Anyway....totally psyched!!!

Mochagirl
October 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Woohoo! I'm glad you got an u/s booked, DM! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Not much going on here - the m/s never surfaced as badly again - just some mild nausea when I wake up and whenever I get hungry, but nothing to complain about. I think maybe it was just really bad that day because of how little sleep I'd had. So far this pregnancy is way easier than my other two - though I never had really bad m/s, it was definitely worse than this.

My bloating has gone from just a evening thing to an ever-present thing. Surely it's too early to be showing, right? I have a firm little belly that really makes me look preggers. Luckily I haven't outgrown any of my jeans from my skinny days yet, mostly because they're all low rise and my belly sits above the waistband.

Mochagirl
October 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Oh, and purplefairy...I loooove your idea about booking a 4D scan after the 20 week ultrasound to help me bond with the baby - particularly if it's another boy. My older boys have never been to an ultrasound, and it would be fun to go as a family to see their new baby brother or sister. I think it would help me get over the initial shock of hearing boy and would help me start the process of getting over my GD.

DoulaMama
October 19th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Mocha- It may be baby belly already!!! Or you're having twins again...:hide: :nyd: JK!!!! I started the bloating at 5w...and it never went away...so here I am in maternity pants at 14w although I've only gained 3lbs which is nice. Even with a small weight gain though, my pants are about 3 inches from buttoning up! Yikes!

So..after looking at this website it might be ok to have a profile shot...??? Or is the chart on that page in weeks of fetal growth... 14 weeks from O...14 weeks from LMP? ....Hmmmm
http://www.baby2see.com/gender/study_ultrasound.html

Mochagirl
October 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Or you're having twins again...:hide: :nyd: JK!!!!

I won't pretend that thought hasn't gone through my head...I remember I showed a little early with ds3 and I was worried I was having twins then too. Later dh told me that he secretly wanted it to be twins again just because it would be really cool to be a family with two sets of twins. Ha! I guarantee that this time, though, he would probably have a heart attack if it was twins. We can barely afford 4 kids as it is - what would we do with 5??

Oh, and bravo on only gaining 3 lbs, DM. I've gained between 6 and 10 lbs depending on the day - probably something in between, like 8 lbs...and I'm half as far along as you!

DoulaMama
October 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
That thought has gone through my head too....Although there is absolutely no reason why it has....no history of twins at ALL. I guess it's mainly because I know from reading in the past about it..... that once you've had a few kids, are getting older(but I'm 29 so pretty sure that it's slim), get pregnant while nursing, have lots of dairy in their diet, and have a higher BMI when TTC(I had a BMI of 30)...it increases a persons chances significantly. Which to be honest scares the life out of me. This another reason that I need this u/s...I have major anxiety over this. But I have every time.....LOL! If there was twins in there it would be 2 boys for sure;) Oh well, at least my hubby would have a sports team of some sort!! LOL!!

zanacal
October 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Evening all. I was looking forward to my appointment tomorrow but now I just feel incredibly sad because my sister appears to be miscarrying - she's bleeding lots and in a bit of a state. She has an appointment at the hospital in the morning but we don't think there's much hope.

I've heard so many shit stories this week. First my friend's daughter which I already told you about. Then DH's colleague found out his wife has an aggressive form of breast cancer. She has to start chemo on Tuesday and to top it off when they did all her tests they discovered she was pregnant, so she has to have a termination before she starts the chemo. I don't even know this woman and I'm distraught for her. Then my colleague today told me that her sister's neighbour's little baby who they tried for for years just died of cot death at 4 months old - she was sleeping in their bed and had passed during the night. I can't even imagine what that poor couple of are going through.

Sorry for the downer post. I don't give a crap what gender my baby is today - I just can't believe how unbelievably lucky we are to have such a loving and healthy family and I'm appreciating how quickly that can all change.

Mochagirl
October 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Yes, I always figured that if I had twins again with my luck it would be another 2 boys. (not that there's anything wrong with twin boys - I love mine to death - but having TWO more boys is more than I bargained for).

DoulaMama
October 19th, 2011, 03:21 PM
OMG Z:( I am soooo sorry for your sister:( To be excited about your own pregnancy and then have someone you love, suffering and losing a child... :tissue: How heartbreaking and so not fair.

I cannot imagine having to terminate my baby for treatment... :tissue: What a horrible place to be in. My thoughts go out to all that are suffering right now. xoxo When I hear stories like this it makes me feel exactly the same way. Lots of love to you Z :HH:

Mochagirl
October 19th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Oooohhh - sorry, I think we posted at the same time, Z. I'm sooooo sorry for your sister :broken:, and for all those other people suffering so much right now. It really does make you feel lucky about what you have, doesn't it?

begonia
October 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Oh Zan ... I'm so sorry! Goodness, all of that is a lot to take in in one day. Oh your poor sis, is this her first? I think she already has one or two but am not sure. So sad about the termination too, and the 4 month old. I'm just about to start crying thinking about all of it.

And Foxy, heavens, oh hun I am so sorry to hear your news. Big hugs to you.

begonia
October 19th, 2011, 05:46 PM
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Passing some around. Lots need them today.

DoulaMama
October 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM
OMGoodness Foxy :tissue: I am sooo sorry Hun. Lots of love and healing vibes heading your way~~~ xoxoxo

Mochagirl
October 19th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I so sorry to hear your sad news, Foxy. Lots of love to you! :HH:

Out of the Blue
October 19th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I am still on "vacation" so my Internet is very limited but I just wanted you all to know that I delivered our sweet baby girl Sunday morning. Her cord was tightly wrapped around her neck. Now she is with her twin. Once I'm back home and have had time to process all this, I will post more in the "Losses" thread. I miss you all and I will continue to think good thoughts for you and your babies.

Mochagirl
October 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Wow - there's so much pain and loss here today. I'm soooo sorry, OoTB. All my love to you. :HH:

love being a mummy
October 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I had my u/s. No heartbeat today. Baby was dated 8+4W, so it must have happened recently. Another scan and DnC tomorrow. I'm heartbroken right now. :sad:

I'm so sorry for your loss xx RIP angel baby

begonia
October 19th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Oh OTB :hugs: I am so sorry for your loss; take care of yourself and I'll be thinking of you and your family.

DoulaMama
October 19th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Oh Blue:( I'm crying for you and your sweet daughter. I just cannot believe this:( I'm so so sorry. My heart breaks for you and Foxy~ Love and peace to you~
xoxoxo :HH:

ELP
October 20th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I had my u/s. No heartbeat today. Baby was dated 8+4W, so it must have happened recently. Another scan and DnC tomorrow. I'm heartbroken right now. :sad:
Oh Foxy, I'm in tears for you buddy:( Its shit, so flippin shit. Please take time to grieve and know that we're here for you. I pray that they find a heart beat today for you xx

ELP
October 20th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Out of the blue, so, so sorry for your tragic loss also:( I wish there was anything that could be said or done to give you comfort but I know there isn't. thinking of you xxxxx

zanacal
October 20th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Oh my goodness, I'm in tears checking in on this thread today.

Foxy - I'm so, so sorry. Big {hugs} x

OotB - I can't believe it. I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby girl. I don't know what to say in all honesty but know that I'm thinking of you.

Hugs all round today xx

princesssarah34
October 20th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Foxy....i am so sorry to hear of your loss! :tissue:
Out of the Blue.....no words can I say except.....my heart hurts to hear of these losses of these beautiful babies! :tissue:

Z...to hear of all those bad things happening all at once for your sister and the others....it is a hard one for sure. The loss of a child no matter when or where is happens it a horrid thing and so sad to hear.

I am sitting here in tears for all you ladies that are hurting right now because of a loss....the pain never goes away completely but it eases with time. Every loss I hear about bring tears to my eyes and reminds me of mine and the hurt seems so fresh.....I do really feel for all of you in this sad time! :hugs:

zanacal
October 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM
My sister had her scan this morning and got good news - there was a heartbeat! The bleed appears to have been what the technician called a sack of implantation blood. We're crossing everything that that's the end of that! We now know her due date is exactly 3 weeks behind mine.

More love and hugs from me this evening x

nuthinbutpink
October 20th, 2011, 02:42 PM
My sister had her scan this morning and got good news - there was a heartbeat! The bleed appears to have been what the technician called a sack of implantation blood. We're crossing everything that that's the end of that! We now know her due date is exactly 3 weeks behind mine.

Z- this happens often with IVF so I know from following them that bleeds like that take a while to resolve and she may continue to bleed the entire first trimester. They should monitor it to make sure it keeps reducing in size.

DoulaMama
October 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM

I am so glad to hear your good news Z:HH: Your sister must be so relieved although I can imagine the stress and worry will stick around for some time. Big hugs to you and your sis:hugs:

I've thought so much about all the losses we've had here and I'm just beside myself. I feel so horrible even thinking twice about being upset about the sex of my child when there are so many on these boards losing their sweet babies, not able to get pregnant, etc.

I know that everyone has their own beliefs surrounding the loss of a baby but I wanted to share a sweet story with you all~
A friend of mine from high school was telling me about the birth of her 3rd child when we got onto the topic of miscarriage. She had lost a 19 week old son before getting pregnant with her second daughter. Her DD2 is 6 now but when she was 4.5 she told her mom, while she was laying down with at bed time, that she was so happy that she could come back. Her mom had no idea what she was talking about and delved deeper....She said, "I was with you before, but then I had to leave. Grandma said it was because I was sick. She told me I would come back though. And she was right. I'm so glad I'm here".
Well, both Grandmas were deceased when she conceived her son and her DD2. My friend said she just kissed her daughter goodnight, left the room and sobbed:HH: Her little spirit had come back. It was such a beautiful story. One I will never forget. I believe that our little ones will find their way back to us~
Peace and Love to all that are suffering~ My thoughts and prayers are with you~ xoxoxo

begonia
October 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Oh Z thank goodness for some good news here! I'm SO glad to hear that. Do keep us posted, but FX all goes well for her in the months ahead.

nuthinbutpink
October 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
If you've never read the book Heaven is For Real, it is very uplifting for any miscarriage survivors.

DM- no NT scan?

zanacal
October 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks NBP, I'll pass that on.

DM, that's beautiful x Is your scan tomorrow?

Mochagirl
October 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Z - I'm so relieved about your sister. It's nice to have some good news around here for once.

DoulaMama
October 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Z and NBP~ scan is tomorrow at 2:45 MST

I'll be posting pics as soon as I can:) xo

ELP
October 20th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Exciting!!!!!! I'll be checking in for 1st guess ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpicyTunaSushi
October 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I forgot about this thread- but hope to be joining in, but so sad for the losses of Foxy and Blue. I am so sorry...

DoulaMama
October 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Exciting!!!!!! I'll be checking in for 1st guess ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! That's so sweet:) :HH:

Mochagirl
October 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
DM - that's a beautiful story! I'll be stalking you tomorrow!

DoulaMama
October 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
DM - that's a beautiful story! I'll be stalking you tomorrow!
:bigsmile: :HH:

begonia
October 20th, 2011, 09:47 PM
If you've never read the book Heaven is For Real, it is very uplifting for any miscarriage survivors.

ITA with this. That perspective on miscarriage was absolutely beautiful to me, and I've never even had one. I like what you shared too, DM.

Welcome Spicy! It's a fun bunch!

DM, FX that sweet little nugget in there gives you a nice show tomorrow :) Nub or no nub, it will certainly be a lovely treat to see your baby!

tweedledeedum
October 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
I haven't checked in here for a few days but there has been so much sadness on this thread. Big hugs and positive thoughts to all. I am so sorry to hear all of this horrible news.

Dm - I don't know the first thing about nubs but looking forward to seeing u/s pics later on and hearing everyones guesses! Good luck!

zanacal
October 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
I'll be checking in for news before I go to bed DM!

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 11:43 AM
You guys are so sweet! I'm getting nervous....and a few days ago it was because of the whole gender/sex thing....now I'm terrified about seeing a beating heart. I really could care less what's in there at the moment. Please send some healthy baby vibes my way ~ I would really appreciate it xoxo Thanks Girls (((HUGS)))

Mochagirl
October 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Sending you lots of healthy baby vibes, DM :HH:

Foxy
October 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
DM - Can't wait to see your pics! Good luck, hun!

ELP
October 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Foxy!! How you doing? :hugs: I hope things went ok for you:)

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
Ok so I keep forgetting about the chat area..... I have only had time go to the 2ww! I am waiting to test all next week but I need to relax until then.

I see I missed a lot.... to much to comment about so Congrats, I am sorry, and best wishes to those who need it.

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM
DM - What time would your u/s be in AZ time? I am waiting!

Foxy
October 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Elp - The surgery went fine. This is my 5th loss, but it doesn't get any easier. I got the green light to try as soon as I want, so that gives me something to focus on I guess.

zanacal
October 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Big {hugs} Foxy x

Foxy
October 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Out of the blue - I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. XX

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
DM - What time would your u/s be in AZ time? I am waiting!

I think it's same time.... :)

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thank you for all the good vibes girls!!!

Foxy
October 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
DM - Less than 2 hours to go then! :)

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
I think it's same time.... :)

Well we don't change our time... 12:15 now and Cali and is an hour ahead now so are you the same as Cali?

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Oh ok! Well it's 1:22pm here! Eek!!!!!!

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 03:24 PM
So close then.... hurry back and post right away!

zanacal
October 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
I hope I don't have to wait until tomorrow - that's 9.45pm my time. Operation 'keep my eyes open past 10 o'clock'!!

Inglewood
October 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi all been a while since here again, going to go back and catch up on all the posts! But.....

I am having IDENTICAL TWINS!!!!!! No joke!!!!

Went for my scan yest, found it was twins, was sent to the Mat hosp to see a consultant to confirm if they were identical or not and 'YES' they are!!! OMG!!!

As they share a placenta and maybe blood vessels, I have to be scanned every 4wks and get specialist consultant care from a 'Twin' doctor.

DH and I in total SHOCK!!!!!!! He's a twin (has a sister), but I NEVER thought it would be me!!! x

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
WOOHOO PF.... here's a toast (with diet caff-free coke) to twin girls!

Can you send some twin vibes my way!

zanacal
October 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Oh my giddy aunt purple, I'm so unbelievably shocked so goodness knows how you're feeling!! Wow, I really can't believe it! Do you have photos? Did you see the 2 of them on screen as soon as they started the scan? Tell me more!! Oh - and massive congratulations!

tweedledeedum
October 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
PF - WOW! Congrats on the twins! What a shock it must have been! Double congrats!

DM - healthy baby vibes.....can't be long now!

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
PF - WOW! Congrats on the twins! What a shock it must have been! Double congrats!

DM - healthy baby vibes.....can't be long now!

DM should be doing it in about 20mins!

Inglewood
October 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks ladies, in total shock!!! Will post some pics! Got 4 scans done yest, tried to nosey at nubs, but was too much to take in. Got another scan 3wks on tues, then every 4wks...so they will be well photographed babies. Hoping it's 2 wee girlies, but wee twin boys will be just as super cute! x

zanacal
October 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM
It's at 2.45 - so I think about 45 minutes!

Inglewood
October 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mocha, are ur boys identical? x

zanacal
October 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks ladies, in total shock!!! Will post some pics! Got 4 scans done yest, tried to nosey at nubs, but was too much to take in. Got another scan 3wks on tues, then every 4wks...so they will be well photographed babies. Hoping it's 2 wee girlies, but wee twin boys will be just as super cute! x

They certainly will be! So many people seem to be pregnant with twins at the moment (both online and IRL). I haven't heard of any in forever and now lots all at the same time! I can't wait to see the photos!!

Inglewood
October 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Gosh just read back, OMG! I have missed alot of saddness, how sad, my thoughts are with you both. x

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
It's at 2.45 - so I think about 45 minutes!

Ok yes 45... I am busy going back a forward with facebook to see how my lil cuz's surgery goes!

ELP
October 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Purple, congrats on the twins!!! I hope they are pink for you but your right that little boys would be completely gorgeous too xx

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Ok girls! All done the scan but I still have to get back to my house and download the pics!!! She got a few great profile shots and one good potty shot...it'll take me 35 mins to get home... Talk soon!!!

Inglewood
October 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Oh so exciting! Hope I can stay awake!! 10.30pm here.....FX!!

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
DM you are teasing us!

ELP
October 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM
Oh so exciting! Hope I can stay awake!! 10.30pm here.....FX!!Exactly lol, and Dh due through the door any minute!!!

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
OK DM time is up ;)

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 06:22 PM
It's coming!!! Give me 3 more mins!!! ok!!!>??? LOL

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Here they are Girls!! What do you think...the tech was so sweet and tried her best to get me the shots I wanted but I think the potty shot is on an angle...so I'm not sure how reliable it is....and the others...I don't really know to be honest and I'm not great at these anyway. Thanks for looking!!!
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/Tulafina/nub2.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/Tulafina/nubshot.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/Tulafina/potty.jpg

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 06:25 PM
OMG! I see a sweety. Congrats :)

nuthinbutpink
October 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
It's a GIRL!!!!! Yay!!!!

3Pink1Blue
October 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hey Ladies jumping in over here, catch me up :)

Oh doulamama I'd say you've got a girl! Congrats Hun!

begonia
October 21st, 2011, 07:04 PM
DM I am so, so happy for you ... that sure does look like you have a little lady in there! Congrats! Are you going to tell DH or wait til after your 17 week scan, you're still doing that one right?!

Purplefairy congrats on the twins!!!! WOW!!!

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 07:09 PM
OMG! do you guys really think it could be a girl? I'm just sitting here hyperventilating! What if the angle of the potty shot is off? Does the nub angle pic really seem girlie???? Breathe, breathe....

melissalynay
October 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Oh DM I have three boys too....I just want to say that looks way girly....I am so excited for you it gives me hope that if I get pregnant this month, I can have a girl too after three boys. Congrats.

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks Everyone!! xoxo

Purplefairy- I'm so happy for you!!!! So exciting!!! I'm thinking pink thoughts for you Hun!!! xoxo

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
B- I'm not sure to be honest...I won't be telling hubs at al either way. He really loves the surprise. I think I may get a scan but maybe 18 week... We'll see:) I'm scared to get my hopes up and be let down at birth so I'm thinking I'll get another scan. xo Thanks for the congrats!!

begonia
October 21st, 2011, 07:26 PM
It would be a truly special surprise :) I say get the next scan and let your heart have some peace with it though!

I posted it on another thread but I think I need to take a breather. My GD has been absolutely unbearable all day today and I can't imagine - even though I love the support and encouragement and success for others - I just can't imagine coming here is helping me. It's hard to quit but I think I need to ... I have to find someway to accept that this is REALLY it for me... coming here sometimes makes me think oh, I'll try again, and really, I don't want to do that. I wanted three kids, not four. I just didn't want daughters and I can't keep going just because I don't have a son ... one son isn't going to make me ok with having 3 daughters. I have to get OK with 3 daughters. Period.

So ... in case I don't come back, all the best to everyone. Lots of hugs for those still needing them, and lots and lots of healthy pregnancy dust, and lots of hope that you all get your DG!

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
We'll miss you Begonia~ I'm just in tears for you~ I really hope, with all my being, that peace finds you and heals your heart~ Much love to you and yours~ xoxo

Mochagirl
October 21st, 2011, 11:22 PM
Oh, Begonia - I'm so sorry but completely understand. I remember when I was suffering from GD with ds3 it was like a stab in the heart everytime anyone got their desired gender, even though I was at the same time elated for them. Take some time to heal and get excited about your little girl, and if you ever feel up to it drop by to give us an update on how things are going. Lots of love to you - I know what you're going through :HH:

Mochagirl
October 21st, 2011, 11:23 PM
DM, I responded on your other thread - I can't make heads or tails of u/s pics, but it sounds like you're getting a resounding girlie response. I'm so happy for you!

DoulaMama
October 21st, 2011, 11:31 PM
Thank you Mocha:) xoxo I'm totally having a hard time believing this...It's very surreal!!!

zanacal
October 22nd, 2011, 02:42 AM
DM - I posted on your other thread too but those are the clearest girly looking scans I've seen! I teared up on your other thread, came over here and did the same again!! I would totally get another scan further down the line to you can be really sure but it's looking so, so promising! I tried to stay up last night for your news but just couldn't make it so here I am first thing in my PJs!!

Begonia - you know we love you and you'll be missed but we understand. I know swish is feeling far more sane for having a break from the site. Lots of love to you x

Inglewood
October 22nd, 2011, 03:55 AM
DoulaMama! That's a fab nub shot, congrats on a healthy wee baby!! I would put money on that being a wee girly in there too!! Hope ur next scan confirms it!

Begonia, hope time to yourself will help, I am worried I have 2 boys coming, then I'll have 4 boys! Dh and I agreed to pay for a 4d bonding scan privately to help accept and start to prepare for 2 wee fella's coming and to let the boys see their new siblings. Would something like that help you?

ELP
October 22nd, 2011, 04:31 AM
DM!!!!! There is certainly no willy there is there!!!! Massive congratulations on what HAS to be a lovely lady for your family, so, so pleased for you xxxxxxxx

Foxy
October 22nd, 2011, 05:01 AM
DM - That is a girl! :cheer: Did the tech give you a guess? Great shots you got! Are you going shopping today, lol?

DoulaMama
October 22nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Z- :D xoxo Thank you for being so excited for me! I'm still having a bit of "what-if" feelings so I'm totally going for another scan! LOL
ELP- Thanks Hun!!! xo
Foxy- The tech knew what kind of shots I needed and spent quite sometime waiting for baby to get into the perfect position but she didn't want to guess. She did look at the potty shot and said "Now this does look like a particular gender for sure but I'll let you compare with shots you find on the net". She knew I had 3 boys and she got this massive smile in her face:) About the shopping- I'll have to do it on the sly because other than 2 very close friends and you guys, no one will know that I know! How are you feeling? I've had you in my thoughts~~ xoxo

Purple- did you have a feeling it was twins or was this a complete shocker??? xo

Mochagirl
October 22nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Ok - how did I miss that purplefairy is having twins??? Congrats, honey - that's awesome! I think I was just so excited to see DM's scans yesterday I missed other posts.

Yes, to answer your question, mine are identical. We had a totally healthy pregnancy - I was induced at 37 weeks 5 days, but it was unsuccessful and I ended up with an emergency c-section. My twins were 7 lbs and 6 lbs, which is a pretty good weight for twins - esp identical ones. Best of luck with your pregnancy and if you have any questions, ask!

Inglewood
October 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
DM, had no idea it was twins!! A scan I had a 6wks they told me there was just 1!!

Mocha, glad to hear u had a good pg, good weights too! I am a bit scared!! How did you take it all in? was it a mega shock? My Dh is a twin, but we NEVER thought we would be having twins!! Identical twins will be strange, will have to keep their name tags on from the hosp for wks!!!! lol

Mochagirl
October 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
We were worried about telling our boys apart too, but since they were a pound different in weight, it really was no problem at all. We did use the tip we heard of painting one toenail of one baby a bright colour to help us remember - we never needed it, though.

And yes, I was floored when we found out we were having twins. It was at my 11 week scan, and DH wasn't in the room with me. They made me wait through the whole scan (about an hour) before calling him in so I could tell him! My mom, who's my best friend, was away in China too so I couldn't call her to tell her. It drove me nuts!!!

Make sure you start to get to know other twin moms - you're going to need a support network. Join your local twin club and attend some meetings. Also, check out this forum: http://www.twinstuff.com/forum/index.php?act=idx it's a great source for advice on all things twins.

Make sure you have a doctor who knows twins - especially with identical twins, there are lots of possibilities of complications. Most twin moms see a specialist and get weekly u/s - I did. Make sure you gain enough weight and most doctors recommend a very high protein diet to make sure your babies gain the weight they need.

It's all very exciting and overwhelming, I know. You've got lots of months to get used to the idea of having twins, so you'll be fine once they arrive.

purplepoet20
October 22nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
With girl twins she could paint their nails!

DoulaMama
October 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
My gf had fraternal twin girls and they looked like identical twins!! She made a little elastic anklet for them both and by the time they were 5 mos she had no problem telling them apart. I was sure the Dr's had gotten it wrong..but nope. They are in fact frats! Crazy!

purplepoet20
October 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
The only problem I would have with twins is hubbies family only calling them "the twins" and not by names. I don't mind "the kid/babies" "the girls" or "the boys". And they would have to buy 2 of the same outfit just to show the world they are twins. I like to dress my kids different but only the same for major Holidays.

Inglewood
October 23rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
We were worried about telling our boys apart too, but since they were a pound different in weight, it really was no problem at all. We did use the tip we heard of painting one toenail of one baby a bright colour to help us remember - we never needed it, though.

And yes, I was floored when we found out we were having twins. It was at my 11 week scan, and DH wasn't in the room with me. They made me wait through the whole scan (about an hour) before calling him in so I could tell him! My mom, who's my best friend, was away in China too so I couldn't call her to tell her. It drove me nuts!!!

Make sure you start to get to know other twin moms - you're going to need a support network. Join your local twin club and attend some meetings. Also, check out this forum: http://www.twinstuff.com/forum/index.php?act=idx it's a great source for advice on all things twins.

Make sure you have a doctor who knows twins - especially with identical twins, there are lots of possibilities of complications. Most twin moms see a specialist and get weekly u/s - I did. Make sure you gain enough weight and most doctors recommend a very high protein diet to make sure your babies gain the weight they need.

It's all very exciting and overwhelming, I know. You've got lots of months to get used to the idea of having twins, so you'll be fine once they arrive.

Thanks for all that Info Mocha! Shame u were on ur own for so long!! I has US then send to mat hosp to be scanned by a consultant, spend 5 hrs from one hosp to another! I will now be under a 'twin' consultant who I will see every 4wks? To have another scan in 3 wks then ??4wkly but have to attend a clinic every 2 wks at the hosp. I have been super sick and lost alot of weight recently, starting to feel better now, although still sick/ feeling sick. I am a nurse and the girls at my work have told me not to work anymore??? Best to be at home. Do u work? what did u do? If I can work another month I will get sick pay till I am 36wks pg the start my mat leave. Hope I can do that?

The nail varnish idea is good!!

Off to check out the link u gave me.... Thanks again!!! x

Mochagirl
October 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
I worked until 30 weeks then got a doctor's note and went on disability for the rest of the pregnancy. I had a desk job though, and really I could have worked up until the end (I was fine and wasn't on bed rest or anything), but I wasn't going to say no to the doctor's note and 2 extra months off from work! :bigsmile:

I have a friend who's a nurse, and she had a high risk singleton pregnancy, and because she was on her feet for 12 hour shifts, her doctor wrote her a note to go on disability at 30 weeks too. I'd talk to your doctor about the best thing for you.

Really do try to gain some weight - with a twin pregnancy it's so crucial, but I know it's hard when you're feeling sick. I gained 75 lbs total with my boys, and they were nice healthy, chubby babies.

And yes, pp - it is hard to deal with people treating them as a unit. It's getting easier for people to treat them as individuals as they get older because they have VASTLY different personalities. I've never dressed them identically, either, and have always encouraged them to develop different interests.

princesssarah34
October 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
DM....that looks very girlie!! Excited for you!!
Purplefairy.....:holysheep:....twins?? How awesome!!! Congrats!

We go for our NT scan Wednesday........so scared :worry: and excited too. Just hoping to see a heathly baby!
I won't ask for a nub shot as last time the tech I had was very serious about her job. She was one that basicly you do the job and get out. But we will be doing a fun 3d u/s at 16-18week mark and see what we are getting! I am the kinda of person that has to know so I can be ready!:bigsmile:

zanacal
October 24th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Good luck for your scan princesssarah - I was wondering after you yesterday! Has the sickness stayed away?

As for me, I've been feeling really sick yesterday and today - odd to suddenly feel poorly when I've not been too bad! I'm sleeping terribly too. I must get up for a wee around 5 times each night and then there are the weird, vivid dreams and waking up in a horrible clammy sweat all the time - nice! I don't think DH and I have DTD more than once or twice since I got my BFP and I'm not sure how long he can put up with that - but I can't think of anything less exciting right now! And OMG have I put on some weight - I'm eating crap all day every day and my biggest trousers are starting to get difficult to do up. I'm going to have to figure out some way to control my eating or I'm going to be the size of a house (again!).

purplepoet20
October 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Good luck for your scan princesssarah - I was wondering after you yesterday! Has the sickness stayed away?

As for me, I've been feeling really sick yesterday and today - odd to suddenly feel poorly when I've not been too bad! I'm sleeping terribly too. I must get up for a wee around 5 times each night and then there are the weird, vivid dreams and waking up in a horrible clammy sweat all the time - nice! I don't think DH and I have DTD more than once or twice since I got my BFP and I'm not sure how long he can put up with that - but I can't think of anything less exciting right now! And OMG have I put on some weight - I'm eating crap all day every day and my biggest trousers are starting to get difficult to do up. I'm going to have to figure out some way to control my eating or I'm going to be the size of a house (again!).

I want to get up 5+ times in the night... gives me a reason to check on the kids!

Mochagirl
October 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM

I've been lucky - other than that one day a week ago, I've had no m/s. Maybe I was just sick that day from lack of sleep and taking my prenatal on an empty stomach. I'm 8 weeks today, so I'm starting to think I might escape m/s entirely this pregnancy. Since I've always had it to some degree in my other pregnancies, should I take that as a good sign that this pregnancy is different?

I'm waking up a lot in the night too, and having lots of trouble falling back to sleep afterwards. I've has some awful dreams too - last night I dreamt that they couldn't find a heartbeat in my first u/s, and a few nights before that ds3 drowned. Dreams like that certainly don't help the lack of sleep situation!

Oh, and my sex drive, which isn't very high at the best of times, is completely kaput too. DH is so sweet - he hasn't complained even once though we've only dtd once since my BFP. I'm just soooooo tired by bedtime I pass out as soon as I lie down.

Oh, and ditto on the weight thing. I've gained 10 lbs and counting. I still feel like a kid in a candy store with all the food options available to me after months of dieting that I keep eating crap like fast food. In fact, as I type I'm eating KFC :oops:. By some miracle, my smallest jeans are still *just* fitting me, but there's a huge belly hanging over them now.

princesssarah34
October 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Z.......my bad m/s has left me thank goodness! But I still get a little sick after I eat and in the evenings....but nothing like before!!
And I will tell you what.....vivid dreams, night sweats and a very low sex drive is in this house too!! I am very lucky to have a hubby that understands and is very patient with it all! But on the side of weight I have only gained 3-4 pounds since this all started...which is weird for me because with all my boys I was wearing my maternity pants by now! I have gotten these really cool things called "Belly Belt's"....they are a button extender for your own pants..and there are different sizes in button spaces....but they are so you can wear your own pants!! I love my Jeans and I really dislike maternity ones....so these are awesome. I have started using them with a couple pairs of my jeans (just a bit tight when I button them) but these are great...I love them!686687

purplepoet20
October 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I made some of these for when I was prego.... so nice to wear normal pants. Mat pants are so expensive.

princesssarah34
October 24th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I made some of these for when I was prego.... so nice to wear normal pants. Mat pants are so expensive.

And some are just ugly........I like cute jeans......and the maternity ones...not so cute! :sigh:

DoulaMama
October 24th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Since I've always had it to some degree in my other pregnancies, should I take that as a good sign that this pregnancy is different?

YES!!!!! You should:) I had m/s from week 7 to 13 and that's it this time around! It usually lasts for months....with the boys it lasted from week 6 to week 20! I feel way better this time around although the zits are new! I have them on my back and my face this pregnancy:( Ick

I'm sorry that you're having those awful dreams:( They feel so real hey? I have very vivid pregnancy dreams too.

About the DTD thing.....we've done it twice since my BFP....:sigh:
I'm not into it at all and DH is not impressed at all. I had some sort of a sex life with the first two pregnancies but these last 2 have been brutal for DTD. I could go the entire pregnancy...... :oops:

Well, I tried to book a scan for 17w to look for hamburger clues again and the place said that they won't even try until 20 weeks!!! Ugh. I guess I'll have to find a different place now. What a PITA.

So Mocha....are you going to head into that place near you for a scan or are you getting an NT scan done?

Inglewood
October 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Z.......my bad m/s has left me thank goodness! But I still get a little sick after I eat and in the evenings....but nothing like before!!
And I will tell you what.....vivid dreams, night sweats and a very low sex drive is in this house too!! I am very lucky to have a hubby that understands and is very patient with it all! But on the side of weight I have only gained 3-4 pounds since this all started...which is weird for me because with all my boys I was wearing my maternity pants by now! I have gotten these really cool things called "Belly Belt's"....they are a button extender for your own pants..and there are different sizes in button spaces....but they are so you can wear your own pants!! I love my Jeans and I really dislike maternity ones....so these are awesome. I have started using them with a couple pairs of my jeans (just a bit tight when I button them) but these are great...I love them!686687

IT'S PURPLEFAIRY BTW!! (changed my username to the one I use more)

Ohh they look fab!!! I'm 12wks pg with twins and waiting for this huge belly, still in my own clothes, with the boys I was big quick, so might hit me in the next wk or so?? I've have vivid dreams too, lots of them, so weird whe I normally never dream!

Inglewood
October 24th, 2011, 04:27 PM
YES!!!!! You should:) I had m/s from week 7 to 13 and that's it this time around! It usually lasts for months....with the boys it lasted from week 6 to week 20! I feel way better this time around although the zits are new! I have them on my back and my face this pregnancy:( Ick

I'm sorry that you're having those awful dreams:( They feel so real hey? I have very vivid pregnancy dreams too.

I'm not into it at all and DH is not impressed at all. I had some sort of a sex life with the first two pregnancies but these last 2 have been brutal for DTD. I could go the entire pregnancy...... :oops:

Well, I tried to book a scan for 17w to look for hamburger clues again and the place said that they won't even try until 20 weeks!!! Ugh. I guess I'll have to find a different place now. What a PITA.

So Mocha....are you going to head into that place near you for a scan or are you getting an NT scan done?

I always get the zits!! the ones on my upper back are so painful at times, also got a breast abcess over the wkend!! Oh the joys of pg.....

purplepoet20
October 24th, 2011, 04:27 PM

I also had m/s with my boys (one for 9mths and the other 4-5mths)... Warming a lil TMI when I was preg with the boys I would attack sleeping hubby whenever I wanted ;) I hope you can find a place to do the gender scan soon!

Inglewood
October 24th, 2011, 04:49 PM

My scan pics as promised! There are a few (6) but I had 4 scans that day.

http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/inglewood2007/

princesssarah34
October 24th, 2011, 05:18 PM

My scan pics as promised! There are a few (6) but I had 4 scans that day.

http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/inglewood2007/

Those pic's are great!! I loved the one of the two together.....so cute!! I am really not good at the nub theory....but if what I think was a nub on one pic of twin A I thought girlie! But I am no expert!!:think:
Did the tech give you any idea maybe??

DoulaMama
October 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM
OMG Inglewood(PF;))!!!!! SOOOO CUTE!!!! And I really truly believe that these little munchkins are GIRLS!!!! Pic #2 ...has what I'm pretty sure is a little forked nub that is pointing slightly down!!!!! AAAHHHHHH!!! I'm betting money on:DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD:

:running: I'm going to do a little dance over here.....

purplepoet20
October 24th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing about girl twins... I also love the pic of the 2 together!

Mochagirl
October 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Beautiful pics, Inglewood (gawd - did you have to change your name??? I get confused easily enough when I'm NOT pregnant, and now that I am my brain is mush and I'll keep forgetting you're YOU). Enjoy the pics of the twins together while you can - soon they get too big and all the scans will be of each individually. I'm clueless with nubs, but if everyone else says they're girly I think they must be! :HH:

Oh, and back to the discussion of sex drive - quite honestly, I never want to dtd while pregnant...or while breastfeeding for that matter. One of the main reasons dh was hesitant to try for #4 was he was fearing the sex drought. Since I BF for at least 2 years, it means very little sex for close to 3 years (and often almost none while pregnant and during the first 6 months after birth).

SpicyTunaSushi
October 25th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Girly nubs for sure! Interesting that you know they are identical- so one nub must prove the other!

Inglewood
October 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks ladies, so hope ur all right and it's 2 wee girlies, 7wks till I find out, the wait will be sooo hard!!
Hope ur all well?

Mocha, joined twinstuff yest, looks a great site too, sure it will help me find lots out, Thanks! x

Mochagirl
October 25th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I'm glad you joined Twinstuff - it was an excellent resource for me both before and after the birth of my twins.

zanacal
October 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Inglewood - I imagine you might find out the sex before you're 20 weeks with the extra scans you'll be having!

I must admit (and this probably sounds silly and selfish!) the more ladies I hear getting their girls, the less likely I think it is that I'll get a girl. When I was pregnant with DS3 (and I didn't find out the sex) there were several other mums of 2 boys on the forum I used to hang out on and literally all of them had a girl for their 3rd and I just knew I would be the one to break the trend! It's ok. I've said before that I'm lucky because I know I can be happy with all boys and because I have 3 already I think it's very likely - but I just don't feel very hopeful for my girl!

We had a real scare at bathtime tonight. I was washing the boys' hair and when I was doing DS3 DS2 turned the cold tap off so for a couple of moments DS3 had just hot water on him. It was absolutely awful, I was so scared he was scolded and I'm crap in an emergency. Everybody was crying (DS1 broke his heart worrying about his baby brother bless him). His back was very red but he was fine but I couldn't stop crying at what could have happened. It's so easy for some silly accident to happen at home to our little ones, it's scary. DS2 was really upset too - apparently he'd turned the tap because the water was splashing on him and it was too hot. He won't be touching those taps again for sure!

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 03:54 PM
z- so happy he is ok. We worry about that a lot because 20mth old DS2 likes to play with the taps and where he stands the water hits his "boys" and we had a few scares. Hubby now takes a bath with them and sits in front of the taps to block them, but we have a big jetted tub.

I like to use a pitcher to pour water on them so I don't have to burn them.

Inglewood
October 25th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Zanacal, what a fright u all must of got!! AWW, times like that u see how special the sibling bond is, caring and worrying for each other! Glad all was well in the end. Scary biscuits for a bit tho!! I'm a nurse, but when it comes to my kids I panic!!!!

I would love to think at my next scan (16wks) they might have a wee clue???? Really wanted a 4d scan and to take the boys, but they practically DOUBLE the scan cost with twins, it's just over £200!! And I aint got that!!! Will u find out this time at 16/20wks?

zanacal
October 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks both - I'm so careful with the bath and close the door and keep them out while I'm running it and I always make them move away until I'm sure the water is the right temperature then keep a hand in it while I'm washing their hair in case the temperature suddenly changes. It really does just take a moment for something potentially horific to happen - I might switch to using a jug after this too. I had to use DH's 'bum flannel' to get cold water on his back - and we never go near that thing!

Inglewood - another mum I know is expecting twins (twin boys and she already has 3 boys!) and I'm sure they told her their gender at around 16 weeks. I'm still not decided whether we'll find out. I think I'm going to wait to see if we get any indication at the 12 week scan and take it from there. If we get a nub with any girl guesses then I might be tempted to find out for sure but I might see if I can wait otherwise.

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Because DS2 is such a clean eater ;) the boys get in the bath right from the table. I will serve them, start the bath, eat what little food I have, and then the boys are ready to go in. The tub is done filling and the temp is just right.

Inglewood
October 25th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Z, I use a water jug, just what I've always done. Although now the boys are almost 9 and 5 they like showers, which means I get wet!! lol I hope I can find out at my 16wks can, but have a funny feeling they won't, will be 15wks and 5d, so might not??

Well, off to wrap and have fun! DS is 5 tom, my baby! So off to decorate my living room with balloons etc.... so excited for him. Having a softplay pirate party!

Take care all, nite xx

princesssarah34
October 25th, 2011, 04:19 PM
DH does bathtime....and we only put in enough water to cover there little tushies and legs! We let them play a bit and them wash. My boys are even thrown off when I give them a bath! They will look at me and say "Where's dad?"

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 04:21 PM
My boys tell dada to get ready to get in... we fill the water high because the boys like to float. They love swimming in the summer and floating in the tub.

Mochagirl
October 25th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I must admit (and this probably sounds silly and selfish!) the more ladies I hear getting their girls, the less likely I think it is that I'll get a girl. When I was pregnant with DS3 (and I didn't find out the sex) there were several other mums of 2 boys on the forum I used to hang out on and literally all of them had a girl for their 3rd and I just knew I would be the one to break the trend! It's ok. I've said before that I'm lucky because I know I can be happy with all boys and because I have 3 already I think it's very likely - but I just don't feel very hopeful for my girl!

If you're selfish, then so am I because I keep thinking the SAME EXACT THING. Same thing happened to me with ds3 - I was on IG with about 10 women all swaying at the same time, and all but 2 of us got our desired gender. I am truly and honestly elated for those of you ladies getting good news, but I can't help but start to think the luck will run out right around the time I find out the gender of my baby. Silly, I know.

I just wish I could say I'm as ok with having a boy as you are. I know I'll be fine once the little guy arrives (though I don't think my heart will ever completely stop aching for a daughter), but I also remember the heartbreak when I first found out the gender with ds3 and I'm really not looking forward to feeling that again....

zanacal
October 25th, 2011, 04:35 PM
{hugs} Mocha.

My boys love their bath - but they only get one about once a week (the shame!), so we make it a good one :D

Mochagirl
October 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah, we only do about 1-2 baths a week in the winter. Usually we do one cleaning bath, then a few days later a 'play bath' where we don't worry about soap or shampoo. It's just such a production with the 3 kids! In the summer we bathe them more simply because they get so filthy out playing in the dirt in shorts.

DoulaMama
October 25th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Z and M- I'm so sorry you guys feel that way:( I honestly NEVER in a million years thought I could make a girl. My hubby is one of 4 boys, his dad had something like 11 brothers and 2 sisters. My dad is one of 3 boys..... You see the trend:) I really have no clue why this one is different! The diet didn't change much, no gels, no frequent release, gained 3 lbs before conceiving. The only change was instead of O day sex, we dtd 3 days before. It was totally luck. I flipped heads instead of tails. Now, the difference between you guys and me is that you could have been more like 80/20 Girl, instead of 50/50 so you guys have a fantastic chance at your Girlie girl:) I really truly believe that you both have such great odds! I know of 4 families that have 3 boys and then 1 girl. It happens a lot!!

(I actually feel like an a-hole for getting a girl(or what I think is a girl!)when I did nothing. I had an oops and lucked out. I figured out of everyone, it would be me to get a boy, and rightly so. I'm sorry. I feel bad talking about it on here)

Mochagirl
October 25th, 2011, 11:01 PM
DM - don't let me take ANYTHING away from your joy. You have a total right to be thrilled and to announce it from the hilltops...I know I would if I found out I was having a girl. You definitely deserve to have a girl no less than the rest of us. I just wish everyone could get their desired gender.

I am honestly and completely happy for you - really I am. I'm just full of pregnancy hormones and feeling sorry for myself - I think I'm the a-hole here for making you feel bad. :HH:

Mochagirl
October 25th, 2011, 11:02 PM
(and I like to hope that maybe there was some pink dust in those tests you sent me, and since swish has those tests now maybe she got some of the pink dust too - she definitely deserves to have something go right for once)

DoulaMama
October 25th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Oh that would be awesome!!! I'll keep thinking PINK thoughts for you, M:) and Z, and Inglewood, and ...you get the picture!
How is Swish doing??? It's been so long since we've seen her on here:( I hope that she is ok:)
And no you are not an a-hole!!! LOL!! You worked your A$$ off on your sway, as did Z and you deserve more than anything to get your girls!!!

begonia
October 25th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I am honestly and completely happy for you - really I am. I'm just full of pregnancy hormones and feeling sorry for myself - I think I'm the a-hole here for making you feel bad. :HH:

LOL, I know you weren't trying to be funny but I just so totally identify with this that it made me laugh. I am SUPER happy for you DM, and Inglewood with what looks promising for twin girls ... it's a weird thing to be able to be so happy for others yet feel so sorry for oneself. I've felt like a total a-hole the last month :bigsmile:

DM I was thinking about you this am while out walking with my DD2, because I was just remembering back in the good ol' 2WW when this little "oops" of yours happened. I KNEW it was a girl, I just knew it ... that dream you had, with the little girl telling you not to go to the conference? You present yourself as someone who is very in tune with her spirituality and that dream was clearly HER. It's so beautiful to me. I couldn't be anything but totally happy for you, sway or no sway, this girl was headed into your arms.

And FWIW my biggest ooops ever was DD1 and I can't get over how awesome she is. "Accidental" babies are so special IMO. I said it somewhere else on here but part of me wishes this one had been an accident b/c I'd probably have had more peace about it, even though I wouldn't have gotten a shot at swaying, if that makes any sense. For a control freak it's kinda nice when something is totally out of your hands :)

Hugs, Mocha and Zan, about feeling like the luck will run out. I'm so the opposite! When I saw Jen get her DS I was like, YES! Me too me too, LOL! It will be what it will be, KWIM? FX you all hear pink!

ELP
October 26th, 2011, 05:18 AM
{hugs} Mocha.

My boys love their bath - but they only get one about once a week (the shame!), so we make it a good one :D

I'm glad its not just me lol!

ELP
October 26th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Doula, I've got both boy and gilr nub shots posted if you want a look.:)
Heres the girls link, GIRLS (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5333-ELP-s-past-confirmed-girl-pics)
And this recent boys pics BOY (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5223-ELP-s-scan-pics-confirmed-boy-))
I can't believe that link wrapping thing worked for me!! I feel like a tech:rofl:

If you read the boy link through it has extra pics from when I went for an extra scan a week later:agree:

purplepoet20
October 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
And FWIW my biggest ooops ever was DD1 and I can't get over how awesome she is. "Accidental" babies are so special IMO. I said it somewhere else on here but part of me wishes this one had been an accident b/c I'd probably have had more peace about it, even though I wouldn't have gotten a shot at swaying, if that makes any sense. For a control freak it's kinda nice when something is totally out of your hands :)

Both my boys were big oops... Only knew hubby for 6mths when we got pregnant with DS1 - our pill, a day away from AF, and swimming pool baby. We love him so much and I did want him to be a boy. We talked about a second baby but when we started to plan for "her" I was already pregnant and he was my oops the iud fellout. I really can't imagine life without them and no girl could replace my little men. If we had planned more then a few kids I would love to have 4b and 1g.

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
LOL, I know you weren't trying to be funny but I just so totally identify with this that it made me laugh. I am SUPER happy for you DM, and Inglewood with what looks promising for twin girls ... it's a weird thing to be able to be so happy for others yet feel so sorry for oneself. I've felt like a total a-hole the last month :bigsmile:

DM I was thinking about you this am while out walking with my DD2, because I was just remembering back in the good ol' 2WW when this little "oops" of yours happened. I KNEW it was a girl, I just knew it ... that dream you had, with the little girl telling you not to go to the conference? You present yourself as someone who is very in tune with her spirituality and that dream was clearly HER. It's so beautiful to me. I couldn't be anything but totally happy for you, sway or no sway, this girl was headed into your arms.
I think about that dream a lot:) (If you have no idea what we're talking about- I had a dream one month before this BFP. It was a minute before my temping alarm went off. I dreamt that a little girl was sitting on my chest, holding my shirt collar and sobbing while screaming, "Don't Go!". I woke up to my alarm and shot up out of bed. It was quite frightening to be honest. I took my temp., saw the huge AF dip and realized I was out. I was planning on putting off ttc for a few months if I wasn't pregnant that cycle because I really wanted to go to a Midwifery conference. Well, I sat and thought about dream for quite sometime before deciding to stupidly ignore it. I booked the conference, had some wild Bday sex with my man(he turned the big 4-0, and got knocked up on CD 30 while I was bleeding!! I am due the same week of the conference.... so I won't be going;) I'm going to take my dreams a bit more seriously from now on! B- Thanks for your sweet thoughts:) I was in tears when I read your post~ I am very spiritual:) I was thinking about the silly test I did with a needle and thread after DS2 was born. I came across this post on the net by a medium and she explained how to find out birth order with a needle and thread. I did the test and it was BBGB. It was so spooky! The needle just went crazy and to this day I've never been able to do it again. I remember thinking to myself how great that was but I was very sad that the last boy would never be with us. If my third was a girl, my hubby was adamant that he was done. When I got pregnant I was so sure SHE was on her way. I wonder(and I know it might be silly to some of you...)if maybe she needed her brother and she made him come down first :tissue: I'm seriously crying like a baby right now! I'm so glad my third little angel is here:) I think about it a lot and thank her for waiting so long to join us~ She really wanted to be here and I'm so glad she snuck in when she got a chance:) - need a Kleenex- LOL OMG I'm an emotional wreck!!!
And FWIW my biggest ooops ever was DD1 and I can't get over how awesome she is. "Accidental" babies are so special IMO. I said it somewhere else on here but part of me wishes this one had been an accident b/c I'd probably have had more peace about it, even though I wouldn't have gotten a shot at swaying, if that makes any sense. For a control freak it's kinda nice when something is totally out of your hands :) absolutely agree with you! My GD was there with my first but he was a pill baby too and just like your DD...was meant to be with me:) I planned my second and by far had the worst GD with him. My third was planned too but because I didnt find out, I think it really helped me. Plus, I knew that I could most likely try to convince my hubby to have number 4:) I think the poor man would have actually gone for number 5! He really hates seeing me so sad over not having a DD:( Poor guy.

Hugs, Mocha and Zan, about feeling like the luck will run out. I'm so the opposite! When I saw Jen get her DS I was like, YES! Me too me too, LOL! It will be what it will be, KWIM? FX you all hear pink!(((Huge hugs)))xoxo

Doula, I've got both boy and gilr nub shots posted if you want a look.:)
Heres the girls link, GIRLS (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5333-ELP-s-past-confirmed-girl-pics)
And this recent boys pics BOY (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5223-ELP-s-scan-pics-confirmed-boy-))
I can't believe that link wrapping thing worked for me!! I feel like a tech:rofl:

If you read the boy link through it has extra pics from when I went for an extra scan a week later:agree:
Thanks ELP!! You are a wiz!!!! It kinda freaked me out to see your early boy nub! I'm kinda worried now, TBH :(

zanacal
October 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Doula! I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad - you know how happy I am for you that your little one looks pink. Not believing I'll have my own girl doesn't stop me from being happy for everybody else who gets their DG and who cares whether it was an oops or not - it's amazing whichever way it happened :D

Gosh, I feel awful again today. I feel permanently hung over and nauseous and hungry - I stuffed my face literally all day then went to the supermarket and nearly passed out I was so weak with hunger near the end! What's with suddenly feeling really crap at almost 10 weeks?! Oh, and probably TMI but funny all the same - DH jumped me in the night and got his wicked way and was a bit miffed that I got up and disappeared so quickly - I was downstairs making and eating a jam sandwich! I got up to clean up and my tummy was rumbling so I didn't even go back in for a cuddle :D

zanacal
October 26th, 2011, 11:25 AM
ELP - If I had 8 children I think I'd just line them up in the garden and hose them down every now and again :D

princesssarah34
October 26th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Morning Ladies (at least here :happy:) DH and I are getting ready to leave for your 12 week NT scan! I am a little scared....I hope to see a heartbeat and hear it too today!! Our NT scan with Evan was all good last time it wasn't until later at 23 weeks we found out he was sick. But I know anything can happen at anytime in pg.....so I am just very scared right now....I think I will be freaking out every appt. we have until this baby is here!!

ELP
October 26th, 2011, 12:47 PM
ELP - If I had 8 children I think I'd just line them up in the garden and hose them down every now and again :DThats our summer option:agree::bigsmile:

ELP
October 26th, 2011, 12:52 PM
(((Huge hugs)))xoxo

Thanks ELP!! You are a wiz!!!! It kinda freaked me out to see your early boy nub! I'm kinda worried now, TBH :(
I didn't realsie the potty shot wasn't on there DM, look here (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?6053-ELP-s-confrimed-boy-nub-pics-interesting-selection!)I added these on today:agree: DM, you have a girl!! No wishing about it! Thats a lady plain fact! When I went to my early scan I knew I'd seen extra bits floating around which the camera didn't get! Your pics, I could have copied off of my girl scans, I have some of them on dvd which i will add to the youtube for you, probably tomorrow now as I'm stealing minutes on here!!! But compare your and mine potty shots, complete opposites:kiss:

Mochagirl
October 26th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Good luck, princesssarah!!!

zanacal
October 26th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Good luck princesssarah, hope all is well x

princesssarah34
October 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks Ladies!!! We are home now and.............everything looks great (so far)! I saw the heartbeat again and heard it for the first time time today (I cried)! :happy: I tried really hard to see if I could see a nub at some point and I think I saw one.....it looked super girlie....but then there is one (I think on a pic she gave me and it looks very boy! :think: So I am not sure what to think or even if the pic I have is a nub and not part of the leg or a bad angle?! But I am really just happy to have a healthy baby at this point. One hurtle down just a few more to go! :bigsmile:
Oh and I will post some pic's soon! :curtsey:

Mochagirl
October 26th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Yay! So glad you had a good scan, princess! Can't wait to see the pics!

princesssarah34
October 26th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Ok I uploaded pic's in the Ultra Sound forum!!

DoulaMama
October 27th, 2011, 12:40 AM
YAY! So glad your appt. went to so well, Hun!! Woohoo! And I have to say that this little bean is looking pretty pink to me:) I think the boy shot is part of a leg or arm...it's quite large ;) LOL I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

princesssarah34
October 27th, 2011, 01:06 AM
YAY! So glad your appt. went to so well, Hun!! Woohoo! And I have to say that this little bean is looking pretty pink to me:) I think the boy shot is part of a leg or arm...it's quite large ;) LOL I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

Thank DM...I am so glad that I saw and heard a heartbeat!! And I wish that I had the shot were I swear I saw the girlest nub ever!! So I am still trying to just reserve myself that this is a boy..for my own sake!

DoulaMama
October 27th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Are you getting another scan at 18-20 weeks? I did the same thing at my appt....she kept scanning the area and I was like "I swear that's a girlie nub....". When she finally stopped over top of it I was fairly sure that it looked like it but I didn't want to get too excited until I got some opinions. I'm going to think pink for you for the next 6+ weeks!!!!

zanacal
October 27th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I'm so happy all was well Sarah! I looked at your pictures but I don't have a clue, I'm glad others are saying girl for you though! Lol at the arm/leg - that would be one heck of a boy!

It's the half term school holiday here this week and I've had to work every day up until today - and we have to wait in for electricians who keep phoning and delaying which is SO annoying! We're all rather bored now - but the biggest 2 boys are going to a Halloween disco tonight which they're very excited about :D

Hey look at my ticker - 10 weeks, double figures!!

Mochagirl
October 27th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Congrats on 10 weeks, Z!

I'm gonna go check out your pics now, princess!

princesssarah34
October 27th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks Ladies for taking a look at the pic's!! I a still trying to not get too excited about any of it...for my own sake!
DM I am going to call today the 3d place I have done all my gender checks at (for fun place) and they will do a gender check at 16 weeks...so if the will get me in then only 4 weeks away!! But I will also do the 20 weeks gender check and u/s to make sure the baby is ok still! (that is when we found Evan was sick)
So I am gonna go call them right now!