PDA

View Full Version : Miracle attempt finished....

MrsGoodies
October 13th, 2016, 08:18 PM
I am calling this my miracle attempt bc it will be a miracle if I get pg fom this!

Last night on cd 8 we BD because I had some ewcm show up. I thought my fertile time was starting. I got a big surprise +++ opk today at lunch on cd 9 (12 hr after BD)

Now i am bummed bc

i) i only got ONE lousy bd in

ii) it looks like i am Oing early on cd 10 again (probably too soon)

iii) its been 10 days since my last bd so i thought i had a good abstinence with a bigger deposit at least.....nope! Dh confessed that he helped himself in the shower THAT MORNING so i got some teeny 12 hr abstain sperm* instead...*does this even sway at all?

Ugh! I feel so hopeless and its not even the 2ww:drama:

Does anyone think I just might have a chance with a cycle like this?

tinksmagic
October 13th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Fingers crossed for you!
And why do guys always do that when we need them?!
Lots of arguments in the past here over that.

GirlieCat
October 13th, 2016, 09:15 PM
So you DTD cd8 and O on cd10? That sounds great to me. Why is it that you think that is bad timing?

MrsGoodies
October 13th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Hi Girlycat,

Its not the timing per se that I am bummed about.

I'm not sure if Oing on cd 10 is too soon to make a quality egg.

Its from a study i read a while back:

"The PR per cycle for the 12 early ovulators in the matched controlled study was 9.0% (3/33) with a viable PR of 3.0% (1/33). The control group (later ovulators) had a 28.5% PR/cycle (14/49) and a viable rate of 18.1% (9/49). There were 13 cycles in the early ovulator group where an ovulation did occur past day 11. Four (30.7%) achieved a pregnancy and the viable PR per cycle was 23%. In the matched controlled study the mean pre-ovulatory endometrial thickness was 8 mm compared to 10.2 mm for late ovulators. These data clearly show that when a woman ovulates before day 11 she has less chance of conceiving than a woman ovulating later than day 11 even if follicular maturation is achieved and luteal phase P support is given. The fact that the PR per cycle in women from the early ovulator group, who in some cycles ovulated after day 11 was comparable to the late ovulator group suggested that the reduced fecundity was related to the short follicular phase per se and not intrinsic to conditions leading to early ovulation."

Handle Redirect (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0015-0282(02)03042-X)

GirlieCat
October 13th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Oh, I see. I had never heard of that before. Very interesting. Try to focus on that it says "less chance" not "no chance". Your timing is great so you have that going for you. Good luck, I really hope it is your month for a healthy bean. If you need support during the 2WW, the ladies in the October 2WW are awesome and there to support you.

ME MOM
October 14th, 2016, 06:52 AM
You dtd two days prior to O and that sounds great.

This study seems to have a small test group.

I've become pregnant 2 times in my life with ovulating on cd10 and another on cd11. One was a mc but my two kids are early ovulation results.

Really hope you get good results, my fingers crossed for you Mrsgoodies!

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 14th, 2016, 06:40 PM
It may sway pink that DH released.

I know we talked about this already but I don't put too much stock into that study.

1moregirl
October 16th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Good luck MrsG. It all sounds like great timing to me! Will have everything crossed for you. Xxx

MrsGoodies
October 22nd, 2016, 12:47 PM
6 dpo brown spotting
7 dpo BFN
8 dpo pink spotting and a huge temp drop 37.1 to 36.6

Coverline 36.5

My lp is normally 14-15 days and the earliest i start spotting is 11 or 12 dpo.

Is this a wonky cycle or what?

ME MOM
October 22nd, 2016, 01:09 PM
It's a roller coaster but a second estrogen surge and or implantation causes both the temp drop and spotting and l truly hope temps will go up. What's your coverline?

GirlieCat
October 22nd, 2016, 07:11 PM
Agree with Memom, implantation can cause temp drop and spotting. Hope that is what is happening. FX. Very hopeful for you.

atomic sagebrush
October 22nd, 2016, 07:24 PM
6 dpo brown spotting
7 dpo BFN
8 dpo pink spotting and a huge temp drop 37.1 to 36.6

Coverline 36.5

My lp is normally 14-15 days and the earliest i start spotting is 11 or 12 dpo.

Is this a wonky cycle or what?

Sounds like secondary estrogen surge most likely.

7 DPO is too early to reliably get pos pregnancy test. FX.

MeanVeggieGal
October 22nd, 2016, 08:46 PM
KMFX MrsGoodies!

With my DS pregnancy I had a temp drop almost to my cover line and implantation spotting at 6DPO.

Looks promising to me. 😁

MrsGoodies
October 23rd, 2016, 12:24 PM
9 dpo slight temp rise to 36.8, no more spotting, cramping and BFN....STARK WHITE...not even a swinter/evap to give me hope :(

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2016, 12:27 PM
I think that's too early still...still hopeful for you.

ME MOM
October 23rd, 2016, 12:30 PM
It's great temps went up, hope you get good news soon

GirlieCat
October 23rd, 2016, 05:13 PM
Still very early. Wait a few days to test again so you don't stress yourself out each day.

MrsGoodies
October 24th, 2016, 12:56 PM
9 dpo am & pm BFN
10 dpo am temp 36.9 no spotting but i felt so 'wet' down there i thought for sure AF had started thru the night, so i was pleasantly surprised to see nothing at all.

As for testing, -OPK, BFN within time limit* on two IC, and then I did a rapid FRER also BFN within time limit*.

For the piece de resistance....a F'ING NOT PREGNANT from the digi EPT (how rude!)

So had a shower and then did the o'l "fish out of the wrapper and WILL a line to appear through sheer mind control" and to my surprise I "think" I see something?? :omg:

MrsGoodies
October 24th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I leave you some photos which can be analyzed by those with sound minds....

MeanVeggieGal
October 24th, 2016, 01:11 PM
I see two lines in the top 2 pics. Congratulations!!!

Eko
October 24th, 2016, 01:28 PM
I see lines (except on digi of course ;- )
Will keep my fingers crossed for your miracle!

tinksmagic
October 24th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I see 2 lines, not evap right?

GirlieCat
October 24th, 2016, 07:46 PM
I see something. FX those lines get darker with tomorrows FMU. Can't wait to see.

ME MOM
October 25th, 2016, 12:17 AM
I also see them in the first pic! Really hope they get stronger!! Crossed everything!

Faithinpink
October 25th, 2016, 02:23 AM
I can see 2 lines in tgd the first pic. Good Luck Mrs Goodles

1moregirl
October 25th, 2016, 04:14 AM
OMG MrsG!!!! I could see the lines in all 3 of the photos you posted. Congratulations honey!!! You've done it! I am so thrilled for you and I hope this little bean is a sticky healthy one and stays put for you. Man....I take a few days off checking out on here and come back and it's all happening. YAY for you! Hope this is your little pinkie pie on her way. Keep us posted and will be waiting to see line progression from now on. Great news!!! :) :) :)

MrsGoodies
October 25th, 2016, 12:48 PM
So here are my progression pics:

First the good news:

temp jump to 37.1

Now the bad.. Dreamt I found dried blood on my underwear... now line is almost gone from the IC....and my OPK are fading again. Not sure why I keep getting +BFP on the others.

I was so, SO happy yesterday! i treated myself to Chinese food. Now i just want to lie in bed all day and cry in my pillow.....

And to think I was googling "twins" after last nights blazing Wondfo....silly silly girl!

GirlieCat
October 25th, 2016, 06:04 PM
MrsGoodie, my wondfo was darker at night too. I first tested with 6pm urine to rule out pregnancy (I never thought in a million years it would be positive because I thought I hadn't ovulated yet) and got a very strong positive at 11dpo (best guess at DPO). Next morning I tested again (12dpo) with FMU and my wondfo was a bit lighter than the night before, but the more sensitive first response stick was nice and positive (like yours are). I think the wondfo are just very tricky.

I know it might be hard, but try to take a breath and stay positive. You are going to stress yourself out with testing so much and that can't be good for the situation. Are you using FMU urine? 11am seems late for first morning urine. Really hopeful for you that little bean is nice and stickie.

MrsGoodies
October 25th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Hi Girliecat,

Yes I am testing with FMU. although I had to pee at 5 am and so it was only about a 4 h hold.

10 AM on my tests means 10 dpo in the morning
11 AM means 11 dpo in the morning

The number is the days past ovulation and then just am or pm. I don't write the time I test bc that would realy drive me bonkers.

I normally test every day with the IC and every second day with the FRER but after the IC result I caved and used up another FRER and digi EPT. Then later I ripped open the digi EPT to see what the progression is like.

Here it is:

To make matters worse I have no symptoms other than peeing like a mad woman...if insanity is a "symptom" at least I've got that.

I won't go in for a beta until next week. I hope getting my kids ready for Halloween will distract me some until then.

GirlieCat
October 25th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Haha...dpo makes a lot more sense. I was going to say I was impressed you don't have to pee in the morning till 11am hehe.

Only symptom I had that early was cramping, which I thought was ovulation pains and lots of peeing too. It is my first pregnancy so was told that is why cramping was probably so early.

Very happy for you. Congratulations!

atomic sagebrush
October 26th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I don't think the progression works. It's all about the concentration in your urine at this point and that can vary.

I totally understand how nerve wracking it is but those tests are positive to me!! I will just say huge congrats and sending you all my "OMG that old lady is having a baby dust" (patent pending) :)

MeanVeggieGal
October 26th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Lol Atomic.

MrsGoodies how old are you? I hope you don't mind me asking.

I'm 41. Had my DD at 25 and DS at 39.

1moregirl
October 26th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Hi MrsG. How are things going with yuo Hun? Have yuo been to the doctor to have a blood test done yet for beta levels? Thinking of yuo and praying that this little bean stays put for yuo. Xxoo

MrsGoodies
November 7th, 2016, 11:36 AM
So here is my update:

My tests have been getting darker every day

And I got one of these a couple days ago....

All day I feel nothing. But at night my breasts are super sore and feel heavy, with some mild twinges in my uterus.

I still don't know what my betas are but supposedly find out this week.

BD yesterday am and this morning I woke up feeling completely NORMAL with some tiny amount of brown spotting in my underwear. I don't know if its from the BD or not.

Took a test. Looks like this....

I don't know if theses things MAX out or should it still keep getting darker?

Babygirlquest
November 7th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Put the pee sticks away! You are excessively pregnant! They have a limit on darkness!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

1moregirl
November 7th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Oh MrsG. I do agree that yuo should get rid of any other HPTs yuo have lying around as all this peeing on sticks is just going to add to your anxiety Hun. If I was you, I would just go to a doctor or obstetrician and get the slip to get a blood test, or a series of blood tests over how ever many days to check those betas are doubling (or doing what they are supposed to be doing). Try not to stress. I know it's hard not to. How many weeks are yuo? Is it 5 or 6? Xxoo

GirlieCat
November 7th, 2016, 06:49 PM
I will say that you get the "pee on a stick addict" award for the most test I have ever seen someone take.

I agree with babygirl and 1more- stop testing!!! You can't get "more pregnant" and you are just going to stress yourself out in a time that you should be relaxing and resting. You are way past the chemical stage so you should feel confident that little bean is sticking very good right now. Tests don't get any darker after a certain point. God forbid if something went wrong, your body would tell you long before the tests would stop showing positive.

Take a deep breath and start to enjoy each day with baby.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2016, 07:25 PM
No more POAS!! Progression proves nothing - while of course you never want to see tests go super dark to super light, it is normal for them to go back and forth from darker to lighter just as a natural variance in your urine concentration. Then you make yourself go cray cray worrying about it. And soo many pregnancies that aren't working out will still have the dark pregnancy tests, so you stress about something that isn't telling you anything anyway!!

Huge congrats!!

MrsGoodies
November 7th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Lol.... Yeah well how else will I put those 100 Wondfos I got to good use? :poas:

My dr refuse to run any blood work unless it is a "medical emergency". Last time I was pg they ran betas for me every 48-72 hr until 30 dpo for my peace of mind until I could get an u/s. Now they changed their policy...I went in and asked for a blood test to check my iron & progesterone levels (after O) and instead the nurse starts lecturing me on how blood tests should only be used when necessary like I'm 2 yrs old....so I left and didn't even bother calling them back :(

However, I still have my pee sticks from my last mc complete with corresponding betas so as I pee I compare the dry new with dry old and try to guesstimate where my betas are.

I know test slightly > control on FRER = 1000+

I know test = control on a Wondfo and/or test >> control on FRER (like 20 dpo FRER above) = 3000 +

I know 3+ on a Clearblue digital = 5000+ level

I know test >> control on a wondfo = 10,000 +

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2016, 05:30 PM
but you can't do that. It doesn't work that way. Betas are all about doubling and NOT the levels themselves. You start a pregnancy at anything from 0-5 hcg and then it doubles...so one pregnancy you may start off at 0 and then have to go 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc and in a different pregnancy you can start off at 5 and go 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 and both pregnancies are totally normal and both are working out, but there would be very different numbers on the betas and darkness of pee sticks...and that doesn't even count variations in individual pee sticks and just natural fluctuations in the concentration in your urine.

Plus, IKYKWIM - a great beta does not a viable pregnancy make.

If you are having fun testing that is one thing, but I think a lot of people end up overly stressed about this when they are not giving themselves any helpful info whatsoever anyway.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MrsGoodies
November 9th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Hi Atomic,

My betas for all my pregnancies are pretty consistent. I can pretty much tell how its going to go based on what level I start out at & doublng time.

You are right about the betas not being very predictive of live birth though. My progesterone levels do a far better job of predicting that which is why I'm having them tested alongside. :)

1moregirl
November 9th, 2016, 09:42 PM
When do you get those tests done MrsG? Hope everything goes well for you and that you get your healthy baby girl this time. Keep us posted! Xx

atomic sagebrush
November 12th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Hi Atomic,

My betas for all my pregnancies are pretty consistent. I can pretty much tell how its going to go based on what level I start out at & doublng time.

You are right about the betas not being very predictive of live birth though. My progesterone levels do a far better job of predicting that which is why I'm having them tested alongside. :)

Yes, until the time it doesn't go that way. Doubling time IS predictive. Darkness of a pee stick tells you NOTHING.

Betas are not always consistent between pregnancies. Neither are prog levels. I"m not trying to quibble, I just don't want you doing this to yourself because you may end up worrying yourself sick over something that is working out just fine. That's all.

1moregirl
November 12th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Hang in there MrsG and I hope everything is going along well for you. Have you had any other blood test results yet? Hoping this is your sticky one Hun. Xx

MrsGoodies
November 13th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Hi 1moregirl,

Yeah I had beta #4 on Thursday and I have #5 coming up next week.

MW agreed to let me get bloodwork done 1x per week until 1st u/s (another whole month).

I don't have any results from them other than "looks good". She was off on call and her assistant couldn't give me any results over the phone.

Busy being distracted & miserable with my cold....:tissue: why do I always catch these things when pg? Couldn't get pg all spring/summer when the sunshine was out and I was healthy as a horse....noooooooo.....first sniffle my little guy tracks home...BAM! i catch it....and I never catch any of his stuff usually....

essnce629
November 13th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Congrats MrsGoodies!!!! So incredibly happy for you!

trifecta
November 13th, 2016, 03:29 PM
How are you doing, Essence? I know you were hoping for a BFP very soon; I hope it happens. I really felt for you when I read your post about it.

I'm 41 now and I've never felt confident enough to pull the trigger on TTC again so I think I've just got to move into the acceptance stage of my journey. Which I will be fine, even if it isn't the kind of fine I wanted.

1moregirl
November 13th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Congrats MrsGoodies!!!! So incredibly happy for you!

Hi Essence. Man....just realised a piece of what you've been going through. I was soooo hoping you'd have a BFP by now after yuor surgery. But then I read just now that you're DH has had a vasectomy. I'll be praying so hard for you that one of his little swimmers makes it to one of yuor eggs. :(

1moregirl
November 13th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Hang in there MrsG! Hope this is yuor sticky one. I'm just waiting for AFB to show up. I don't know why I always feel soooo gutted when it's about to arrive, and upset with myself for not having the courage to give TTC a good try. I soooo wish I had some of your courage. The more that time passes by now the more I feel it's just not going to happen for me, but maybe it's because of mental blocks that it's not happening. I don't know. Hope you get rid of yuor cold quickly. Xx

MrsGoodies
November 20th, 2016, 02:09 AM
7w2d I am finally over my cold.

Went to the loo and noticed my panties are all wet. Not sure what that means... :think:

Babygirlquest
November 20th, 2016, 06:30 AM
Probably just that lovely pregnancy discharge. If it's clear and not gushing like amniotic fluid then I wouldn't worry too much.

1moregirl
November 20th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Have you got a bit of a cough Hun? Post-viral cough? I know when I was pregnant and had a cough I would sometimes leak a bit of urine into my panties. My pelvic floor muscles are still not great either. Lol! Otherwise, I'm not sure what else it could be Hun. I admire you sooooo much though Hun....how did you find the strength to keep trying and how are you coping now that yuo are pregnant? I must keep praying for strength and courage.....I want it soooo much but I get so afraid when the positive ovulation tests start. Anyway, I hope and pray that this one sticks for yuo and that it is your rainbow baby girl. Xxoo

GirlieCat
November 20th, 2016, 10:52 AM

Went to the loo and noticed my panties are all wet. Not sure what that means... :think:

Super normal to have lots of clear discharge. I had/have lots so I did lots of research and asked doc. All normal as long as it is clear.

MrsGoodies
November 20th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Super normal to have lots of clear discharge. I had/have lots so I did lots of research and asked doc. All normal as long as it is clear.

Discharge to the point that panties are wet??

I'm a neurotic mess is what I am. :worry:

At 4 weeks I had plenty of pg symptoms (sore boobs, bloating etc), then week 5 it stopped so I was convinced I was having a chemical, then week 6 I got a cold along with nausea, headaches and my breasts were so sore they felt like lead bricks....i was so so happy bc I FELT pg......

But then 7 weeks everything stopped again, no nausea, my breasts feel fine and then I saw my panties were wet (which i smelled them and it was not urine at all....no odor).

I remember my water breaking at 9w4d with my mc back n Feb so I spent last night googling discharge vs amniotic fluid...do colds cause miscarriage....all kinds of horrid stuff. Now i have some mild cramping which is terrifying me

I have TWO more whole weeks until my first appt. 32 weeks left and it feels like I've been pg forever.

GirlieCat
November 20th, 2016, 12:55 PM
My panties were pretty wet. Would scare me that I might be spotting as I felt moisture down there but it was always clear or watery. I wore pantiliners for a bit because it was so much. It got better after a week or so but now at 9w4d I still have "wet" days but not as bad.
Just remember that there is nothing you can do to prevent a mc so staying calm and getting rest and eating right should be your focus. I know it is a nerve racking time but worrying won't prevent it and will only makes things worse on you. You may be able to call and get an earlier appointment if you tell them you have concerns. My doc will do US as early as 7-8 weeks.

Babygirlquest
November 20th, 2016, 05:48 PM
I've also had discharge to point I've even feared it was my waters at times. Remember amniotic fluid has a distinctive odour and it would also continue leaking, not be a one off thing. I've had to wear panty liners most of this pregnancy, definitely not urine just clear discharge.

atomic sagebrush
November 21st, 2016, 02:21 PM

This is a very normal part of early pregnancy for many of us. It's the relaxin hormone, makes us leak urine sometimes, and/or the increased discharge. I felt this got worse and worse with subsequent pregnancy.

At that point of gestation there would be very little amniotic fluid and a loss would not manifest with a gush of fluid.

atomic sagebrush
November 21st, 2016, 02:23 PM
Urine doesn't always have a smell when it first comes out.

There is a huge difference between 7 and 9 weeks. Please don't overthink this.

I had off and on symptoms with some of my pregnancies too. :heart:

MrsGoodies
November 21st, 2016, 08:18 PM
Urine doesn't always have a smell when it first comes out.

There is a huge difference between 7 and 9 weeks. Please don't overthink this.

I had off and on symptoms with some of my pregnancies too. :heart:

Thanks Atomic,

Which pg did you have the off/on symptoms with? Was it several days off/on?

Keep going to the loo convinced i'm going to see something but so far nothing at all. So strange.

Its been 7 years since i had a successful pg so my recollection is quite hazy....its the miscarriages that burns in my memory....wish I could forget those.

Babygirlquest
November 22nd, 2016, 05:55 AM
I had on/off symptoms with all my pregnancies too Hun. Even this time with twins. Sometimes I would feel horrendous and sick and other times I was fine!

atomic sagebrush
November 23rd, 2016, 01:54 PM
Thanks Atomic,

Which pg did you have the off/on symptoms with? Was it several days off/on?

Keep going to the loo convinced i'm going to see something but so far nothing at all. So strange.

Its been 7 years since i had a successful pg so my recollection is quite hazy....its the miscarriages that burns in my memory....wish I could forget those.

With all three of my pg that I had noticeable sickness with - it would come and go. I'd feel ok for a few days and then bad for a few days. My other two pregnancies, now that I think about it, I also had off and on symptoms with them but it was more things like feeling dizzy and having to pee more. The breast pain I only get at first like the first 6 weeks and then it always went away after that.

That's how I was with my pg at 41/42 every time I went to the bathroom I'd take a deep breath and mentally prepare because I was just so sure it would be that time - IKYKWIM. Even right to the end of the pregnancy. Hang in there - until you hear bad news, no news is good news. :)

MrsGoodies
November 23rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
Hang in there - until you hear bad news, no news is good news. :)

Well here is my news. Finally have my blood work from the midwife (compare with results from last time in brackets)

16 dpo hcg 490 prog 74.4 (hcg 864 prog 85.9)
18 dpo hcg 979 prog 53.3 (hcg 1793 prog 64.5)
20 dpo hcg 2256 prog 73.9 (hcg 3171 prog 56.8)
27 dpo hcg 9721 prog 48.4 (hcg 8576 prog 46.7 -25 dpo)
32 dpo hcg 19241 prog 44.4 (hcg 10000 prog 46.7)

Good news: hcg continues to rise :)
Bad news : prog continues to fall :( NOT GOOD!

I guess I will go for an ultrasound next week. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

atomic sagebrush
November 23rd, 2016, 03:47 PM
They go up and down!! HCG is what counts!!

atomic sagebrush
November 23rd, 2016, 03:48 PM
Concerns Regarding Early Fetal Development (http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/early-fetal-development/) You are still in totally normal range.

MrsGoodies
November 23rd, 2016, 04:32 PM
Thanks Atomic....

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.....

Progesterone Levels 1st Trimester

< 5 ng/mL ( 16 nmol/L ) - low level, non-viable pregnancy (100%)
< 10 ng/mL ( 32 nmol/L ) - low level, abnormal pregnancy
< 25 ng/mL ( 80 nmol/L ) - equivocal range
> 25 ng/mL ( 80 nmol/L ) - normal level, viable intrauterine pregnancy (98%)

As you can see mine are in the 'equivocal' range and closer to abnormal range. Same thing happened to Tinksmagic.... :(

1moregirl
November 23rd, 2016, 05:45 PM
Oh dear....I don't what to say MrsG, except that I will be crossing everything and praying for you that this pregnancy sticks. Don't give up just yet! Xxoo

MrsGoodies
November 23rd, 2016, 09:10 PM
Another interesting/depressing :( stat:

A progesterone level of less than 15 ng/ml is seen in 81% of ectopics, 93% of abnormal intrauterine pregnancies, and 11% of normal intrauterine pregnancies

Ectopic Pregnancy | Tubal Pregnancy (http://www.advancedfertility.com/ectopic.htm)

I hope I am in the miracle 11%.....

purple
November 24th, 2016, 04:41 AM
My progesterone was 1.9 at 16dpo and 2.9 at 18dpo, once I started progesterone it was still only 28 at 23dpo and 27dpo. These are Australian measurements where they like it to be above 30.

Looking at my levels it is hard to believe I am still pregnant so sometimes it can work out despite the odds.

I hope yours works out well too and you have a sticky one in there!

Babygirlquest
November 24th, 2016, 05:32 AM
But how many people even routinely have progesterone checked? Here it's never done as a matter of course, so there could be lots more people who have low progesterone and actually do sustain a pregnancy. I think if I were you I'd stay positive, the hcg going up is a great sign of a healthy pregnancy. Can you book an early private scan for reassurance?

MrsGoodies
November 24th, 2016, 12:09 PM
But how many people even routinely have progesterone checked? Here it's never done as a matter of course, so there could be lots more people who have low progesterone and actually do sustain a pregnancy. I think if I were you I'd stay positive, the hcg going up is a great sign of a healthy pregnancy. Can you book an early private scan for reassurance?

I really do not know why progesterone is not monitored like hcg since it predicted my last 3/4 mc (and possibly #5)

Mc#1 was 15 yrs ago and i didnt even know what a prog level was. I just started bleeding and found out no baby at the ER. :(

Mc #2 my progesterone levels were sky high (300's) bc i was taking it during a high tech cycle. My hcg # were crap & it took 3 weeks to mc bc of the prog. supplements

Mc#3 i only had my hcg & prog tested once at 16 dpo and it was normal. Hcg 2200's prog 89. It was never tested again until one of my twins died at 8w2. Hcg was 45000 and prog had plunged to 44. They both passed by 10w. Bc they were normal boys, i first thought i had lost them due to low progesterone (it was due to a SCH - probably caused from vomiting 4x per day)

Mc#4 i was on hi alert and insisted on serial hcg/prog monitoring. My first test was normal at 16 dpo hcg 864 prog 85.9. As soon as my prog dipped 2 days later i started on prog suppositories which i continued until 9 wks. It didnt help and the baby had chrom problems.

The PROMISE trial proved taking progesterone does not prevent mc so i never even bothered this time. My levels start high so it is not a Luteal defect problem. My prog drop bc the pregnancy is failing which i know is a high possibility at my age.

I wish i had done some progesterone monitoring with one of my normal births just so I could have a reference, but back then I just peed on a stick had a hcg draw or two and assumed a baby would be born 9 mo later. (Wish i could go back to those carefree days).

I'm going for an us this afternoon 7w6. I feel great and all my symptoms are now AWOL so I'm preparing myself.

Babygirlquest
November 24th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Oh that's frustrating not to have a reference with a healthy pregnancy to compare. I'm praying you get a lovely big surprise at your scan. Please update us when you can.

MrsGoodies
November 24th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Had another blood draw and u/s.

Bubs was in the uterus (yay!)
Gestational sack seen (yay!)
Yolk sack seen (yay!)
Placenta on right (boy?)
Baby measuring 6w3d (should be 7w6) :think:
No heartbeat :sad:

My tech was pretty good. She was 62 and told me she had her last baby at 45.5 which somehow made me feel better.

I begged the tech to give me a photo which she reluctantly agreed (said they usually only print them out for viable pg)....Perhaps its morbid to want a picture of my little one but I don't care....IT WAS/IS MY BABY DAMMIT! :mad:

Unfortunately, my intutuion was right on the money.....again :(

I was handling it pretty well. Very matter of fact and down to business....then i looked at the picture in the elevator and started bawling my eyes out :tissue:

I thought I had prepared myself mentally but stupid me fell in love...too soon...again. I feel so hopeless right now. I just pray this is over with quick. :pray::pray:

Kelbear
November 24th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Oh mrsGoodies my heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry to hear this, I was hoping it would all be ok and your scan would show a healthy growing bub. I hope you can get through this ok, my thoughts are with you. So so sorry for your loss.

Babygirlquest
November 24th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Definitely not too early to see a heartbeat? I'm so so sorry for your loss honey. I really hope you can get your little rainbow baby soon. Huge hugs x

Babygirlquest
November 24th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Ps I am not trying to give you false hope, I just thought before 8 weeks it was quite hit or miss as to whether you might see a heartbeat. Would it be worth getting a rescan in a couple of weeks just to check the lay of the land?

1moregirl
November 24th, 2016, 08:02 PM
MrsG....what did the blood test results show? Had the hcg levels dropped yet? I am shocked with all of this and soooo sad for you. I don't know what else to say except not to give up hope if it's what you really want. Just have to keep on trying. :(

MrsGoodies
November 24th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Ps I am not trying to give you false hope, I just thought before 8 weeks it was quite hit or miss as to whether you might see a heartbeat. Would it be worth getting a rescan in a couple of weeks just to check the lay of the land?

Well I'd be 8 weeks tomorrow so pretty darn sure. Also 100% sure of my dates. The tech was very thorough and took a gazillion pics and refused to remove the dildo until she got a look at my L ovary, kidneys...the works.

She zoomed in super close and the screen was perfectly still...no sound at all.

I'm actually relieved bc last time they did find a heartbeat (only 97 bpm which was borderline), baby measured a week behind and it was another 3 weeks of false hopes before finally mc.

I am glad I had a chance to at least see the little one on the screen before saying goodbye.

1moregirl
November 25th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Oh MrsG.....my heart aches for you soooo much. I know how much you wanted this and I have been hoping and praying for you daily that it worked out. I'm totally gutted for you. If only all old dodgy eggs just could NOt be fertilised at all...how much heart ache would it save us? :( take care of yourself and give yuour sweet boys lots and lots of hugs....that helped me. Xxoo

MrsGoodies
November 25th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Random Thoughts

1. I've shed so many tears tonight it hurts to blink.

2. I want to hit DH with a pillow.

3. Am I being punished?

4. Why do I want this so much?

Babygirlquest
November 25th, 2016, 05:23 AM
I'm so so sorry for your loss. Take time to grieve, the feelings you have are normal. You are not being punished and you are not wrong to want it so much. In time I hope your heart heals enough to try again. Please don't give up on your dream.

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2016, 02:44 PM
I'm so sorry. You are not being punished. Huge hugs.

MrsGoodies
November 26th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Thanks Atomic,

I stopped swaying 3 weeks ago and right now I'm pigging out because

A) I'm depressed :(
B) I'll need my strength to get thru the mc
C) I haven't gained much weight and I need something to lose if I start up LE again

Questions:

1) when should I start LE again?

2) i was on it 4 months...bfp off for 8 weeks...miscarried....then LE 7 months straight before this bfp....off for 3 weeks

Do you think the 3 weeks off is going to make a difference. I think they say minimum 12 weeks on it?

3) do you think the LE is causing the miscarriages? Should I be adding more nutrition into my diet at this point?

purple
November 26th, 2016, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry MrsGoodies. It seems so unfair for this to happen to you again. Have you had any testing on the previous losses or will you get testing on this one? I was told it was possible after 3 in a row.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Take care.

MrsGoodies
November 26th, 2016, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry MrsGoodies. It seems so unfair for this to happen to you again. Have you had any testing on the previous losses or will you get testing on this one? I was told it was possible after 3 in a row.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Take care.

Thank you Purple,

Yes I will be testing if I can get a good sample. I tested my last two losses also.

atomic sagebrush
November 27th, 2016, 02:58 PM
1) I'd start it as soon as you're emotionally ready.

2)I think you are fine to TTC as soon as possible. Pregnancy/losses take a huge toll on the body and so that "counts" as time spent on diet really. You do not and given your age SHOULD NOT wait around trying to go back on diet 12 more weeks. TTC as soon as you are medically able to.

3)No, I do not think that LE Diet ***when done properly*** causes miscarriages in any way. It is based on World Health Organization recommendations for a healthy diet for women of childbearing age that may become pregnant at any point - it is just the minimum level of that, and on the guidelines of reproductive endocrinologists for their patients undergoing IVF that need to shed a few pounds.

Now that having been said, sometimes people do not DO LE Diet as written and are basically starving themselves.

What I want you guys to be eating is:
1500-1800 cals a day (and if you lose more weight than you should you need to bump to 1800-2000)
40-50 g protein or 50-60 g protein (and fruit and veg do not count in this)
30-60 g fat (and fruit and veg do not count in this)
Cheating now and then is mandatory in part to be sure you get a chance at nutrients that you may not be getting enough of.

After 7 months on LE Diet I would generally have you add in iron 18-60 mg 3x a week, iodine if you do not have thyroid issues 150 IU a day, zinc 8-15 mg 3x a week. IF you never eat meat add in lowest dose B12 1 or 2 times a week. If you never/rarely eat dairy, add in lowest dose D you can find 1-2 times a week.

Also just because of the losses let's also add in 1 serv. full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, and one serv. salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't just to be sure you have enough good stuff coming in to make hormones with.

MrsGoodies
November 27th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Thanks Atomic.

That helps alot!

I'm glad the 3 weeks off won't affect much since I don't have time to waste.

1moregirl
November 28th, 2016, 05:02 AM
MrsG - what did the doctors find after testing was done after your other losses Hun? I didn't get to have any testing done after my last 2 losses. Obviously the the one in May was too early but last year with the 10 wk loss most of it (inc my precious little one) got flushed away down the loo (something that hit me really hard). I have tears in my eyes as I type this message to yuo MrsG. I was soooo happy for you getting yuor BFP and had been praying that all would go well. It makes me wonder how I will feel also about ttc if I have another loss. Anyway, I hope yuo are going ok Hun and enjoying lots of love and cuddles from your adorable boys. Xx

purple
November 28th, 2016, 05:33 AM
1moregirl, they won't do testing here unless you have had 3 consecutive miscarriages. Even when I had my 3rd one this year they wouldn't test as they were not consecutive, just 2 in a row which is fairly common.

MrsGoodies
November 29th, 2016, 01:32 AM
Hi 1moregirl,

Mc#1 - unknown, no testing

Mc#2 - girl since it was a hi tech cycle

Mc#3 - dr told me it was due to bad chromosomes/age. After testing revealed normal boys. Cause of mc was then determined to be large SCH under Twin A.

Mc#4 - dr told me it was probably due to low progesterone so I was blaming myself for not starting the supps sooner. After testing revealed Girl T15 :( at least i could stop blaming myself about the progesterone.

Insurance won't cover any testing. I've paid out of pocket for it.

MrsGoodies
November 29th, 2016, 01:41 PM
40-50 g protein or 50-60 g protein (and fruit and veg do not count in this)
30-60 g fat (and fruit and veg do not count in this)

Also just because of the losses let's also add in 1 serv. full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, and one serv. salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't just to be sure you have enough good stuff coming in to make hormones with.

Ih, that's good clarification. I was including fruits/veg in the fat&protein totals.

Does that mean eating avocados does not count as fat?

Full fat dairy serving do you mean milk or can cheese be full fat. i only drink 1% milk. I really don't like 3.25% at all ...or milk in general but when I cut out the meat i added dairy as a replacement.

I was only eating 1 egg per week so I will up those as well.

essnce629
November 29th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I'm so so sorry! I haven't been on here for a few weeks and checked in just to see how you were doing. My heart breaks for you. (((HUGS)))

MrsGoodies
November 29th, 2016, 11:57 PM
8w4d today....

I got my beta #6 from last week and my HCG actually ROSE from 19241 to 28674! WTF?!

This right here is the reason I believe "rising betas" mean diddly-squat! If all I was testing was beta hcg, i would have got a call today about how wonderful my #'s are even though the babe died two weeks ago....

Only thing predictive for me has been the serial progesterone #'s which dropped like clockwork 74 to 44 the very week my little one passed...and they have stayed low ever since.

Progesterone dropped from 44 to 24 at least (that took 10 days)...so it looks like another few days wait for me at least :(

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Ih, that's good clarification. I was including fruits/veg in the fat&protein totals.

Does that mean eating avocados does not count as fat?

Full fat dairy serving do you mean milk or can cheese be full fat. i only drink 1% milk. I really don't like 3.25% at all ...or milk in general but when I cut out the meat i added dairy as a replacement.

I was only eating 1 egg per week so I will up those as well.

Avocados are the exception, sorry I should have mentioned that. You do count fat in those but not protein.

Any full fat dairy is fine. Cheese, yogurt, both good.

There is something in skimmed milk that seems to be very bad for fertility and egg quality. I'd go so far as to suggest dropping the 1% totally. We don't know what it is but women who drink even 2% milk have lower odds of conception vs. those who do not drink skimmed dairy at all. (even nothing is better than skim and 1% and even 2%). And full fat improves fertility. So this may be something to switch up.

MrsGoodies
November 30th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Yes bit if I switch to 3.25% dairy then it will push me over the fat limits on LE. Its a 10-15 g difference...

Then I won't have room to add the extra eggs which is also upping the fat/protien.

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2016, 03:27 PM
It doesn't matter. You may need the fat to make sex hormones with. If you are concerned about it, then drop some vegetable fats from your diet.

Some people even add them ONTO a full LE Diet already.

MrsGoodies
December 3rd, 2016, 02:49 PM
Thanks Atomic,

Does EVERY dairy serving need to be full fat? Or is low fat milk acceptable if i still eat full fat yoghurt and cheese?

MrsGoodies
December 3rd, 2016, 02:55 PM
Update: Beta #7... Hcg still high @24000 (but at least it its finally starting to drop 4000 in a week). Progesterone still low at 25 nmol/L (8 ng/ml)....i'm surprised i've had no spotting and can still hold a pg with a # this low....

Other than that I've had mild cramping daily, feel generally NOT myself, and noticed ew-like stringy discharge last 3 nights.

I hope it starts soon. I just want to get this over with. Its so mentally exhausting!

atomic sagebrush
December 4th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Thanks Atomic,

Does EVERY dairy serving need to be full fat? Or is low fat milk acceptable if i still eat full fat yoghurt and cheese?

Well, if what the data seems to indicate is true, and there is something in skim dairy that harms fertility, then yes, a person might want to totally drop skim dairy in favor of full fat.

HOw much milk are you drinking a day, anyway?

MrsGoodies
December 4th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Well, if what the data seems to indicate is true, and there is something in skim dairy that harms fertility, then yes, a person might want to totally drop skim dairy in favor of full fat.

HOw much milk are you drinking a day, anyway?

2 glasses (16 oz)

If i have a yogurt then I only have (12 oz) milk

I needed a protein substitute when I dropped the meat.

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2016, 01:05 PM
I would reduce this by 1/2, and use full fat instead.

Or, just roll with it. It's only a bit of extra fat (16 oz whole has 15 g fat, 16 oz 2% has 9 g fat, this is not anything to sweat over)

If you do reduce by 1/2, use some other source of protein instead. 8 g protein is easy to come by, via eggs or almonds both of which are helpful to fertility (in fact one egg would get you 6 g of that)

MrsGoodies
December 6th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I'm 9w4d.

Today was supposed to be my first prenatal appt and when we get to hear the HB but I cancelled bc i just cant handle being in a room full of pg women. Plus last night i just felt awful with cramps and some brown ew starting. I took a Tylenol 3 with codine and a hot water bottle.

I've been drinking the red raspberry every night and even was going to BD with Dh to see if it helps move things along but i am torn......the only reason i want to bd is maybe some sperm could help to move things along like sex triggers labor.....but on the other hand I'm afraid it might be painful....i could barely manage when they did the internal us...my cervix was soooooo tender....

Any opinions if BD will help?

1moregirl
December 6th, 2016, 10:57 PM
I don't have any opinions to offer on how to get things with mc going Hun but just wanted to say how Sorry I am that you're going through this again. Life is a total bitch sometimes! I hope that things get started for yuo very soon and are over with just as quickly Hun. Take care of yourself...eat some comfort foods and do things you enjoy doing (simple things) that will help make you feel better, and lots of extra cuddles with your boys. Xxoo

MrsGoodies
December 7th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Well, i bit the bullet and BD last night.

No pain and surprisingly most enjoyable! :)

I was hoping it would all end with a big GUSH of water breaking or bloody show but alas, only some pink on the tp and nothing again this morning....

There goes another theory.... Onto acupuncture next... I used it once to jumpstart labor (started 48 hr later).... Of course i'll never know if that did the trick or if was simpy a coincidence.

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I hope this is over very soon. :heart:

1moregirl
December 10th, 2016, 06:15 PM
How are things going MrsG? I've been thinking of you. Xxoo

MrsGoodies
December 13th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Update: 10w4d

Woke up to a small gush of fluid trickling down my leg.

Met with my midwife who spent 5 min in vain with the doppler trying to find a heartbeat :(

My lower back was aching and I felt crampy all morning. Drank my concentrated RRL tea and immediately felt better.

Then had acupuncture session #4.

Then off to an u/s for an assessment.

No HB seen (so long hope for a Christmas Miracle....). There was only a tiny yolk sac and a sad, collapsing gestational sac.

The tech was fine and allowed me to see the screen and was answering most of my questions. Then the Radiologist came in to "break the news" and she was horrible!

First she came in with a SMILE on her face and told me that there wasn't an embryo seen so non-viable pregancy (smile). Then she asked why I was having another us when the one 3 weeks prior had shown no cardiac activity...so i explained that my gp said there was a chance it was too soon given my LMP/ovulation dates.

"oh, was this a planned pregnancy?" (as if it is any of this Nosy Nelly's damn business"!)

"It was a pleasant surprise. I was happy to be pregnant"

(Shock face) "Really!!? Not many women your age would be happy to find themselves pregnant." (Seriously!? As if I need your idiotic commentary. Please shut your f-ing mouth!)

I was then directed to the front reception where the girl refused to print me a picture bc there was no baby to print out. She calls her manager and starts shaking her head "there's no baby pictures to print out. Just a sac. Come back to your nuchal us and we can print a picture for you then"

I looked her straight in the eye and said "There will be no nuchal u/s. i am having a miscarriage. So please just print me a photo so I can put that in my memory box"

She gasped as a sudden wave of understanding crossed her face and came back a few minutes later with the picture of my sad, empty womb.

So that in a nutshell was my day. Just pray this is over with soon :tissue:

MeanVeggieGal
December 13th, 2016, 06:36 PM
I'm so sorry MrsGoodies. Fu@king bit@ches!! [emoji35][emoji35]Who gives a crap what they think! You are a strong and healthy woman, and if you decide to keep TTC it's nobody's business but you and yours. You are in my prayers. Be kind to yourself.

1moregirl
December 14th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Oh MrsG! That sounds like one horrible day. It amazes me why some people do the jobs they do when they do them soooo badly. I would've been ready to slap that stupid woman. But karma will come back to get her one day. What an insensitive thing to say! Just terrible. And in this day and age when there are many women in their 40s having babies anyway. Hope it is all over and done with for you soon and don't let negative Nelly's like her plant any seeds of doubt in your mind as for your future ttc. Thinking of you. Xxoo

honeybee37
December 14th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Noooooo.... what a horrible, horrible woman. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXforhubby
December 14th, 2016, 01:41 PM
That is just beyond acceptable in so many ways! If you feel up to it, I would register a formal complaint to the hospital.

I am keeping you in my prayers, and I am sending lots of strength and healing your way [emoji8]

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]One Last Pink Sway[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

Erin514
December 14th, 2016, 04:21 PM
I agree with XX, I would file a complaint against the radiologist. It was completely unprofessional and offensive for her to ask you whether the pregnancy was planned and criticize you over your age. She was WAY out of line for any situation, much less dealing with a miscarriage when one would normally expect some sensitivity.

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I'm so sorry. I don't even have the words.

MrsGoodies
December 16th, 2016, 04:36 PM
11w0d

This morning I had a dream that I gave birth without any pain & the baby was all perfectly formed in a crystal clear sac which fit in my palm. It was a BOY! Every feature was perfectly formed and i could see everything. I was fumbling around with the camera trying to get a picture of him. My mother was there (i have no idea why bc we haven't spoken for years) and I was deciding what to name him tossing about "Charles" or something else....when suddenly the baby opened his eyes and he had the bluest eyes I've ever seen. Even though he was still in his sac, I could hear his voice clear as day in my mind..and he said "My name is Fox". I told him he was beautiful and I was sorry he couldn't stay and he replied that he was happy where he was. Then the sac started to turn cloudy and i was upset bc something was wrong with the camera and I was trying to get a picture of his face. I thought what a shame I wouldn't see him grow up and know what he looks like. Then the sac burst and I was holding the baby in my palm but he was bigger now -asleep. He just kept growing bigger and bigger until he was the size of a full term term baby. I could see his face but he remained perfectly still - always asleep ....it was then I realized I was holding a stillborn child in my arms. :(

Then I woke up feeling "wet".

When I opened my eyes i gasped bc the overnight maxi was soaked, pj were bloody but only in the front, my sheets & my blankets had a blood stain the size of a dinner plate on them, but I was in NO PAIN. NONE! My youngest had crawled into bed with me and with wide eyes declared "Mommy, there's BLOOD everywhere!"....so I smiled at him and explained that Mommy had a "little accident"....but he rushed downstairs to tell everyone while I started ripping the sheets off the bed.

Then I locked the door and went to the bathroom and i felt a huge clot in my soaked underwear. It was the size of a grapefruit! I placed it in a strainer and cleaned myself up. I started searching through the clots looking for the sac, carefully breaking each piece in my fingers...but they all kept breaking apart. I couldn't find anything :(

Went downstairs and put the sheets in the washer...that's when DH stopped in the doorway. He didn't say anything, he just held me and gave me a big hug.....then I lost it and started sobbing. We just stood there in silence for a very long time without saying a word. That he just "knew" what was happening without me having to spell it all out for him touched me deeply.

After a few minutes, he asked if I needed anything and I told him to take the kids to see that new Star Wars movie. I drank another cup of STRONG RRL and started making chicken soup. Took my BP which was stable and I am lying in bed frustrated that I couldn't find the sac.

Now my bleeding has completely STOPPED cold turkey. I am so so upset that I couldn't find the placenta & sac. When i passed it, the clot literally looked like a big piece of calves liver. Then after I composed myself, i started fishing thru the strainer with my fingers trying to feel around for anything that felt like tissue. I just made a huge mess and it looked like chopped up liver by the time I was done. there was something that seemed like a membrane but when I put it in the saline it literally dissolved and I was left with a container of bloody saline and some stringy stuff.

Absolutely nothing grey or tissue like or anything like my last miscarriage (where the placenta/sac was the size of my palm, dark maroon, felt fleshy & firm and couldn't be broken up)

I feel so stupid for flushing the clots away. Now i wonder if I missed something? If I did, it would probably be too tiny for testing.

I've had 5 miscarriages and never one like this. All that prep for nothing.

I feel GREAT! I was baking cookies this afternoon. I literally feel gypped in my miscarriage - I FREAKING SLEPT RIGHT THRU IT! :mad:

My "Unconsious Miscarriage" I'm calling it.

1moregirl
December 17th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Wow MrsG! I don't know what to say either, except that I'm relieved that you didn't haemmoragh and/or have to have a D&C. Don't forget a lot of what you are feeling now is due to all your hormones. Give yourself time Hun. And look after yourself. You don't have to decide right now if you want to ttc again. Right now your priority is just taking care of yourself for your own health and so you can take care of your precious boys. I'm soooo sorry you are going through all of this again. It's just horrendous and it's the one thing that terrifies me about getting pregnant again. I get terrified of another horrible miscarriage, haemmorrage or getting pregnant with a baby with something wrong with it. I just don't know if I have the emotional strength to deal with any of those scenarios. Right now, I am planning to go back and do some work next year to earn some money while my littlest man is at kinder. I am also planning to get myself (and kids) a red toy poodle puppy (fur baby). I also plan to get some counselling in the New Year to help me come to terms with the end of my babymaking days and how to look forward to other new chapters. Mind you, I will be still ttc as well and if it happens, then all well and good, but if it doesn't....I'll be ok with that as well. I do have a friend who only ever managed to have one child of her own (a boy) and they also ended up with a little foster boy as well, so it helps me when I remember there are people out there and around me like that, and I have been blessed to have three. Anyway, don't give up on yuor dream just yet my dear. Have yuo been taking ubiquinol at all? I have a friend on that Facebook group who swears that she got pregnant successfully when she upped her ubiquinol intake from 200 to 400mg per day. Could've just been coincidence, I don't know, but she had a miscarriage after taking 200, but when she upped it to the 400 she got successfully pregnant and gave birth at 46 years to a little boy. I think she was taking some other supps as well that sway boy, but maybe if you try that honey it might work for you too? I am wanting to do that as well, but right now this close to Xmas, I don't have money to buy myself a new face moisturiser let alone ubiquinol. Lol! I will start it in the New Year. Take care of yourself, and have lots more cuddles with DH and your boys. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Xxxooo

MrsGoodies
December 17th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Started bleeding profusely today. Passed out & barfed @ home. DH called 911. Now at hospital.

Please pray 4 me :(

Kittybear
December 18th, 2016, 12:01 AM
Hope you are better soon xx

1moregirl
December 18th, 2016, 03:21 AM
Oh no MrsG...just read your latest update. How horrible! I'm soooo sorry you are going through this. I hope and pray this nightmare will be over for you quickly so you can be home again with DH and your boys. What a dreadful thing to endure right before Christmas. My heart aches for you Hun. I know it's terrifying, but you will be ok and that's the main thing. Big hugs your way. Xxoo

MiaMelb
December 18th, 2016, 03:30 AM
Your experience sounds harrowing. I'm so sorry you haven't been treated with the care and empathy that you deserve.

honeybee37
December 18th, 2016, 04:16 AM
Please post an update when you are able. Thinking of you. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsGoodies
December 18th, 2016, 04:59 AM
So the ER doc did an internal and my birth canal & cervix was filled with clots...which he removed. Then bleeding tapered off considerably. A couple hrs later obgyn consult arrived and did ANOTHER internal...he sponged off the remaining blood and thinks my cervix is done for now.

I am being held overnight for obsevation bc my hemoglobin is very low. Getting an us and more labs in the morning.

Please pray that I've passed it all and won't need surgery and can go back home to my babies :(

MrsGoodies
December 19th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Update:

Just got home last night.

Waited 16 hr for an us at the hospital (weekend only minimal staff & i kept getting bumped down bc of car wrecks!). I didn't mind waiting but worst of all they refused to let me eat anything until us results came back so I was starving with a throbbing low blood sugar headache all day. Dh brought me lollipops which helped a little.

At 5 pm the nurse said i could eat something so I assumed the resilts were ok. I was in a private room in the new trauma ward which was very nice....but obgyn is in another wing on the otherside of the hospital so it was hard to get info from the dr.

Finally at 6:30pm an obgyn resident comes over and says I still have stuff in my uterus but they don't know if it just clots or placenta. Bc my bleeding was minimal & i have v low hemoglobin (70....normal 120) i had 3 choices:

1) DNC with possible transfusion
2) Misopropol to induce cramping & bleeding (but if i bleed too much then back to #1)
3) expectant management & hope my body clears it on its own

I chose #3 bc my body obviously needed a break & i trusted it to release whatever when it needs to....plus i wanted to go home in my own bed (hadn't slept for 30 hrs).DH brought me dinner and i ate at the hospital waiting for discharge.

At 9 pm I Got dressed & he wheeled me over to ER. While i waited for him to bring the car around, i started getting horrible cramps! I felt a gush and another clot between my legs and DH helped me hobble over to the bathroom where I passed a clot the size of a kiwi. But the bleeding wasn't too bad.

I begged him to drive me home quick before i was forced to stay!

At home i went to bed and continued to have severe cramping. Passed another small clot maybe strawberry size and took a Tylenol 3. By 11:30 pm the cramps subsided a lot and i slept sitting up. I was nervous all nite that i'd have to go back but I guess I eventally fell dead asleep.

When i woke up this morning i felt 100x better but extremely weak. Everytime i stand up my head starts pounding! I went to the bathroom and passed two clots again....ONE WAS THE PLACENTA! Finally! Yay! Thank you Uterus! :)

Now my bleeding is slowed down a lot...like a normal period. Just resting in bed & letting everyone bring me drinks & food and taking 120ml of Floradix daily (1/4 bottle)

I have to follow up with my dr next few days and go for another us to make sure everything is passed later this week or after christmas.

Thank you all so very much for praying for me! :pray:

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2016, 04:29 PM
:heart: I am so very sorry.

XXforhubby
December 19th, 2016, 04:40 PM
(((Huge hugs)))! I'm sending more strength and healing your way...

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]One Last Pink Sway[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

1moregirl
December 20th, 2016, 01:23 AM
What's floradix hun? Something for iron? So glad you didn't need a D&C and transfusion. Eeeeeek! I was worried for you. Hope you recover quickly and are well enough to enjoy Christmas MrsG. All the best. Xxoo

Kelbear
December 20th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Sending hugs and hoping this is over for you soon and you can have the strength to get through this and being to heal.

MrsGoodies
December 21st, 2016, 02:44 PM
Update:

Yesterday was my first day out of the house as I had to follow up with my Dr. I was able to shower and walk up the steps on my own (albiet very slowly)

He said I appeared quite pale, my heart rate is elevated at 104-115 bpm, but my Blood pressure is normal 112/68 which suprised him (he was expecting much lower)

in addition, he took 3 vials of blood which annoyed me bc as if I have ANY to spare right now :mad:i know my numbers will be shit but he wants a baseline for bi-monthly monitoring...

Then he chastised me for not going tô the hospital sooner (like as soon as I started to bleed heavily) which was strange considering he was the one who advised me that my miscarriage seemed complete just a day prior and i spoke to him ON ThE PHONE while i was bleeding heavily and he didnt seem too concerned about it at the time. I spent 20 min on the phone with him.

Earlier I had driven to the church and then had to beg another mum to bring my kids home bc there was a huge clot between my legs and i needed to get home....NOW!

When I got home i changed myself and lay down for about an hr....which turned out to be a HUGE mistake! When you lie down while bleeding, the uterus can't drain so clots start building up....well i felt a clot after awhile and when I removed it.....WHOOSH! I filled up a whole strainer full of blood clots! I felt woozy after and was in so much pain i ened up pooping and peeing myself while changing my diaper...and crawled into the shower on all fours to wash up....so,gross!!!!!!

I had NO bleeding for another hr or so...i thought the worst had passed....then filled up another diaper an hr later. I started to get worried but the bleeding stopped ...again.

Then I called my midwife just in case and spoke to her for another 15 min. Neither my Dr or midwife were panicking over my symptoms and told me what to watch out for (dizziness, clamminess, severe nausea, vomitting etc).

Well not 2 min after i hung up the phone on the midwife, the room started spinning, sweat was dripping down my face and i told DH to call 911. He thought I was being melodramatic..."are you sure? You look ok to me....Maybe you should just chill out for awhile...."

Next thing I remember was DH SLAPPING ME ON THE FACE....i was covered in vomit and he was yelling into the phone to the 911 operator "i think she's waking up".

Apparently, my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I started projectile vomitting all over the place and DH had to roll me over so I wouldn't choke on it. :holysheep: i was entering second stage hypovolemic shock (there are 4 stages)

DH wanted me to lie in bed until the ambulance showed up but I insisted he take me to the shower bc I didnt want to be covered in vomit when they showed up. Ew Gross! I'd rather be naked & CLEAN. I just sat on the floor in the shower washing up and realized I had also POOPED myself so thank goodness i insisted on bathing! Why do bodies have to be so disgusting?!

The EMT's showed up and they were really nice eye candy! They were so sweet & kind and stayed by my side until one of them got me a private room in the ER! Amazing!

-------------

Thank you for all of your support and heartfelt well wishes!

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2016, 05:30 PM
Oh my goodness you have been through the ringer!!! I so hope and pray that this is the end of the ordeal now. :heart:

MrsGoodies
December 21st, 2016, 06:45 PM
Atomic,

My midwife said she thinks I might not O right away bc of all the bloodloss. She said having a transfusion would help my body rebound quicker...i'm ok waiting for awhile...

Do you think this mc would count as "low maternal condition" and have the same effect as LE diet? I'm on super hugh doeses of iron/b vit though...

I'll probably be weak for about 6-8 weeks.

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2016, 06:22 PM
I think you probably need a transfusion just for your health and wellbeing. I do not, to infinity and beyond, want you holding off on a needed blood transfusion for some benefit of swaying which we do not even know if it is a benefit or not.

Yes, everything you have been through would qualify as lower maternal condition but I do not want you not having needed medical care becuase of swaying. PLEASE take the supplements you need and have the transfusion!!!

MrsGoodies
December 22nd, 2016, 11:24 PM
Hi Atomic,

There are serious risks with transfusion. After reading 8% risk of hemolytic disease in NB, it was a risk I thought was too high.

https://emergencymedicinecases.com/iv-iron-for-anemia-in-emergency-medicine

The WOMB Trial showed that young women can safely tolerate a hemoglobin as low as 50g/L

The WOMB trial was a multi-centered Dutch trial that enrolled 521 women with severe postpartum anemia (hemoglobin 48 to 79 g/L) who were randomized to transfusion or transfusion only if they developed severe symptoms. It found no differences in any important outcomes (recovery of hemoglobin, 6 week hemoglobin). There was, however, a non-clinically significant difference in fatigue scores at 7 days that was not persistent at later time point. 517 units were transfused to the “transfused group” vs. 88 for the group for only severe symptoms.

Allo-immunization is the most important and under-recognized risk associated with red cell transfusions

Perhaps the most important and under-recognized risk of red cell transfusions is allo-immunization among women of childbearing age.

Allo-imunization, which has a rate of 8% per transfusion in young women, involves the development of antibodies against red blood cells, which in future pregnancies can cross the placenta and precipitate hemolytic disease of the newborn in women who have received previous transfusion, can render the patient ineligible for an organ transplant if required and can make them unmatchable for future transfusions.

Think of a blood transfusion as a blood transplant: When you give someone a blood transfusion, you are changing their immune system for life. Red cell transfusions should not be thought of as a delivery system for iron!

Other risks of packed red blood cell transfusions include a 1/700 risk of TACO (Transfusion Associated Circulatory Overload) a 1/10,000 risk of TRALI (Transfusion Related Lung Injury) and a 1/40,000 risk of an acute hemolytic transfusion reaction.

Kittybear
December 23rd, 2016, 01:07 AM
Oh my goodness! I hope you have now been through it and will make a speedy recovery!! Xx

MrsGoodies
December 23rd, 2016, 01:19 PM
Update:

Beta HCG: 2 days before mc = 8593. Prog 15.4
Beta HCG: m/c +5 = 845

Hemoglobin rose from 70 to 80 in 2 days (dr thinks they were diluting my blood too much in hospital with all of the saline they were pumping....i don't care! I will take it! :)

Passed some more tissue last night. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Feeling so much better. I can go up& down stairs without my head pounding.

atomic sagebrush
December 23rd, 2016, 02:31 PM
oh i'm so glad to hear it!!! great news!!!!!

MrsGoodies
December 29th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Update: M/C +14

i had a week of heavy bleeding (2 excessively heavy), 1 medium, 2 light, some spotting and now light bleeding again on cd14. So i went for a follow-up u/s.

Good News: :)
* uterus & ovaries looks normal
* gestational sac is passed

Bad News: :(
* still have 14 mm retained tissue in the middle of my uterus (which explains the bleeding & why my HPT are still +)

Good News About the Bad News: :)
* 15 mm or less Dr is expecting this to resolve spontaneously
* blood is still fresh
* temp normal

So overall I am praying for my body to heal and take care of this soon. I continue with my 100 mL Floradix per day and also going to acupuncture a few times per week to move things along.

Note on the acupuncture: The bleeding was turning brown and was starting to have an "off" smell, but after a session of acupunture yesterday (and some disgusting herbs to 'flush the uterus') my bleeding picked up overnight. And is red and fresh again. So hopefully this treatment will help gently nudge things along.

1moregirl
January 1st, 2017, 04:50 AM
OMG! You're miscarriage sounds terribly similar to mine from last year. Horrendous! And after reading your recount of events, I really don't think I have it in me to try again. I just feel too terrified of the same thing happening all over again or of having a baby stay put that has something wrong with it. I hope you are doing OK now and that your body gets rid of the retained products on its own. You poor thing having to endure all of this around the ChristmAs period (although no time is a good time for a MC). How do you think your DH will feel about trying again after all of this? Wishing you a speedy recovery and, if it's what you still really want, I hope the new year grants you your wish for a perfectly healthy baby girl. Xxoo

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2017, 02:06 PM
No matter what the future holds, wishing you the very best, lovely ladies.

MrsGoodies
January 2nd, 2017, 02:13 PM
OMG! You're miscarriage sounds terribly similar to mine from last year. Horrendous! And after reading your recount of events, I really don't think I have it in me to try again. I just feel too terrified of the same thing happening all over again

Yes, my miscarriage was terrible! Way worse than the one in Feb. Only losing the twins was more traumatic. I thought since the baby died 6w3d I'd have it over with quickly...boy was I wrong!

But I survived...and I am healing....and those few weeks of pregnancy I was so so happy. :) Those days were precious. Even though I won't be holding my baby in my arms this summer, I will see all of my angels again someday. I am not sorry I tried.

I value my children a lot more. Each one is a gift.

I don't know what tomorrow may bring, however I refuse to let FEAR rule over me

I choose HOPE...FAITH...LOVE....and LIFE

Faithinpink
January 2nd, 2017, 09:05 PM
Take care MrsGoodies . Give yourself time to heal sending you a big hug xo:bighug:

1moregirl
January 2nd, 2017, 09:41 PM
Good on you MrsG. I really admire your strength, your courage and your positivity. I hope you are healing well, physically and emotionally. How did you go with the retained products? Hopefully your body will expel them on its own. I took iron tablets after my MC and also found eating some comfort foods that were good for iron helped as well...like almonds and dark chocolate. They just helped, as well as red meat and green veggies. And extra cuddles with the kids and extra time doing things with them. Xx