PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else "swaying" but not actively TTC right now?

Shannshaff
October 20th, 2016, 04:57 PM
I have been on a modified girl sway diet for months now, but we are not actually TTC at the moment. Technically we are NTNP because I have not gotten PPAF back yet. :mad: I am still in a holding pattern and wondered if others were in he same boat. I am still BFing my DS4, so that is most likel why AF has not returned yet. But I really wish she would hurry up. I am just getting older as time goes on.
Anyway, just looking for anyone willing that chat.

atomic sagebrush
October 21st, 2016, 01:33 PM
Can you tell me about what you're eating/? We may be able to tweak that a little to make AF come back sooner.

Shannshaff
October 21st, 2016, 06:18 PM
Lately I am eating what ever I want to eat. :D We are in the middle of selling our house, so quite stressful atm.
I have cut down on my meat intake. I do not eat anything from about 9pm to 10am. Then I usually have a granola bar. Then lunch will usually be left overs of dinner before. I am still eating red meat 2-3 times a week and chicken on the other evenings. I am allergic to lots of foods, so it is a challenge. I am allergic to eggs and seafood. For the past 6 months, I was doing well on portion control and getting about 2000 calories a day. But the past 2 weeks since our house went on the market, the diet has been crap with fast food, pizza and all sorts of junk. :(
I am 5'-5" and at 162lbs. (which is what I was at when I got pg the last time) I was loosing weight, but that stopped because of the past few weeks. Not sure what else I can to to bring on AF while I am still BFing.

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2016, 07:38 PM
I would have you do full fat dairy if you aren't already. There is something in that dairy fat that is magic for restoring ovulation. :)

I think that you're right, it's just been too much all at once and your body is saying "eh, not quite yet". This WILL happen, sooner rather than later. :)

atomic sagebrush
October 26th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Excellent!! You did just what I like to see - small changes. People think they have to do a 180 degree turn but it's just these little increments that add up over time. :)

3rdXsaCharm
October 26th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Me! I am going to start my pink sway diet as soon as I get my personalized plan. I would like to lose about 15-20lbs before ttc, for sway reasons as well as health reasons. I am about 20-30 lbs over where I am comfortable at the moment. Hoping to start really ttc around May 2017.

Shannshaff
October 27th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Thank you everyone for chiming in. :) It will be fun to see what happens in the next few months. I am trying to loose some more weight before I actively TTC too. (If AF will ever return) I would LOVE to loose 20 lbs. But we shall see. Hope you all are doing well.

1pinkplease.
December 11th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Me too! I'm not actually TTC just yet, but have started with the daily exercise and a 'sort of diet'. I can relate to your post so much. I'm also breastfeeding my last son(although AF came back after about 6 weeks of giving birth...which was very unusual for me!). However, I'm having an issue working out when I'm ovulating as every app I use tells me something different. I don't want to start TTC until I've worked out my fertile windows and given the diet a really good shot, but I worry that time is marching on!!!

Haveblueonly
December 20th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Hi I am the same - no period but I just had the baby 2 months ago I expect it to be 8 months till period comes back - so till then just waiting ... also need to get the weight off I have 18 lbs left to go - it will be another 2 'months for that it seems to take 4 months for weight to go once it's gone I will be at my regular weight - I expect it to be hard for me to loose any for swaying because I am small to start I don't eat in the morning but I will try just have to make sure I have enough fuel to produce milk!

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2016, 06:29 PM
DO NOT start your sway diet until your baby is at least 6 months along. There is no benefit to it and your baby needs the milk.

Throwaway_panther
January 3rd, 2017, 11:00 AM
Well I've been "swaying" for almost a year now (since I was about 4/5 months pregnant with my daughter!) for a boy, just to get my lifestyle super changed. Despite not TTC yet, we got unexpectedly pregnant (despite precautions) at 3/4 months postpartum, but I lost that pregnancy around 7 weeks.

Now, with another cycle since that loss under our belts, we thought, "Well, maybe we'll not actively prevent, but see if things are meant to happen." Boom: chemical -- tested when I was a day late and felt symptoms (especially since my period is very regular, even postpartum) and got strong positives. Heavy bleeding started literally a day later, I kept getting positives and researched everything -- wondered if it was vanishing twin syndrome, or even just a reaction to the sex my husband and I had just had. But today all my tests were super faint bfps :(

So it seems I can get pregnant by just looking at my husband, but keeping it is another story. My midwife said that early MCs can just happen, and she doesn't suspect it has to do with having had my daughter almost 7 months ago -- she insists I wouldn't be ovulating if it was my body "not being ready." The real concern? My thyroid levels dipped again :( My TSH is in the "hyperthyroid" zone while my T4 is solidly hypo. I guess the T4 being low could be enough to contribute to this, so my endo's getting back to me since

We weren't actively going to try, especially since I was definitely feeling the sting of atomic recommending not to try so soon and worried I wouldn't have support here if we did -- but it looks like, since BC is out of the picture for me now for a variety of reasons, we might just have to be a condom household... which will be a big bone of contention in our household :/ I had hoped that at least BDing unprotected on nonfertile times would keep things boy friendly down there, and used OPKs, monitored CM, my DH pulled out EARLY, etc. to help keep things in line -- nope. :(