PDA

View Full Version : Due March/April/May 2017 (3)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cinss
October 24th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Hey ladies don't be shy, join the group if your due in March April and May 2017.

Pinkinthestars - 22nd February - swayed girl - having a girl ❤

Cinss - 1st March - didn't sway - hoping for a boy - having a girl ❤

Lindz - 1st March - swayed girl - having a boy 💙

Kellbell827 - 10th March - swayed girl - having a girl ❤

Purple - 11th March - swayed girl - having a girl ❤

Jensy - 15th March - swayed girl - having a boy 💙

Alr7991 - 17th March - swayed girl - having a girl ❤

Nessa84 - 18th March - swayed girl - having a boy 💙

Jenren - 23rd March - didn't sway - hoping for a girl - having a boy 💙

Annalucy - 28th March - swayed girl - having a surprise 💚

3'sacharm - 30th March - swayed girl - having a girl ❤

Baby2016baby - 1st April - swayed boy - having a girl ❤

Dreams4violet - 2nd April - didn't sway - hoping for a girl - having a boy 💙

Julz - 6th April - swayed girl - having a boy 💙

Rubyroo83 - 7th April - ivf - having a girl ❤

Burakoam - 8th April - swayed boy - having a girl ❤

Brandles - 8th April - didn't sway - hoping for a girl - having a girl ❤

Magical22 - 20th April - didn't sway - hoping for a girl - having a boy 💙

Jdd1017 - end April - swayed girl - having a boy 💙

Pink2016 - 10th May - swayed girl - having a girl ❤

Girlieplease - 13th May - swayed girl - having a boy 💙

Lissastick - 15th May - swayed girl - having a boy 💙

All*blue*everything - 30th May - didn't sway - hoping for a girl - having a boy 💙

Magical22
October 24th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Girlieplease [emoji179]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purple
October 24th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Good luck Girlieplease! At least with an early scan you can try not to get "nubsessed" as it is too early to make nub guesses. That was my plan with my scan except I ended up measuring ahead :)

Brandles
October 25th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Good luck today, Girlie!!!! Post some pics when you can!!! :)

Girlieplease
October 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone scan went well, am so in love. Trying mot to nub obsess because it is far to early but just impossible to stop oneself! They dated me as 11 weeks 1 day so 14 th of may does not fit with my dates but hey ho, will try to add a photo, am having a babbbbbyyyyy! X

Girlieplease
October 25th, 2016, 11:26 AM

Burakoam
October 25th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Baby scans rarely show accurate ovulation dates anyhow girlie so even if it doesn't fit your dates doesn't mean your dates were wrong:)baby looks great. Congrats on healthy baby! You are probably right about 10+5 that just means baby is measuring big and healthy and that's always good :)

Girlieplease
October 25th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Thanks bukoram, they are rescanning me next Wednesday because I was earlier than they like to date me, I will be 12 weeks and 3 days, good time frame for a nub shot if I can see it do you think? X

Burakoam
October 25th, 2016, 04:29 PM
12+3 can still be early but wont hurt to get a look at nub :)

Cinss
October 25th, 2016, 05:43 PM
How adorable, looks mighty comfortable in there

Magical22
October 25th, 2016, 06:15 PM
So gorgeous Girlieplease [emoji846]

Brandles
October 25th, 2016, 06:53 PM
So cute Girlie!!!

All*blue*everything
October 26th, 2016, 03:15 AM
Is ramzi theory accurate ? I've un intentionally realised that my baby looks boy and my sister in law who's due the same time looks girl. I said from day one if i get a 5th boy and they get a girl ( one of each) it would be really hard for me. We will be the only ones on hubby side ( out of 6) to not get a girl. And I will see her baby girl the same age as mine and every time it will just remind me that I will never get a daughter 🙁

Sent from mTalk

Cinss
October 26th, 2016, 03:19 AM
Allblue no its not 100%

3'sacharm
October 26th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I'm sure Ramzi's theory was debunked. I personally don't take any notice of it, nub theory is significantly more accurate in my opinion and experience (4 out of 4 right). When's your 12 week scan allblue?x

All*blue*everything
October 26th, 2016, 01:00 PM
I'm sure Ramzi's theory was debunked. I personally don't take any notice of it, nub theory is significantly more accurate in my opinion and experience (4 out of 4 right). When's your 12 week scan allblue?x
Thanks I did the hair and ring test and it said 4 boys and then a girl and it scarily accurate for everyone I know who's done it. So im putting fait in something that can inky be described as witchcraft lol
Scan is the 22nd nov. I actually want to wait til baby is born to find out gender but I know that's going to be hard with knowing nub amd skull theories..plus I've seen a lot of willies lol so will have to avoid looking between the legs x

Sent from mTalk

Girlieplease
October 26th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I woke up this morning at 4 am and cried for hours, I think in part it was relief that everything was OK with the baby bit part also was dawning of reality that there is a wee person an individual growing inside me and that rather than loving them unconditionally I want them to be something that may or may not be what they are and have tried to create what I want. I really don't want to upset anyone and I don't think this is how you all feel, just my experience, I think I feel an awful lot of shame about that. I made a connection today between that and someone behaviour my reluctance to tell people about the baby, in part it is due to my mums negative reaction but also it's like when I tell them, they will know that I was not happy with my lot that I tried for a girl and pity me if it does not work out. I know they won't think that but it's more I fear seeing my own negative thoughts reflected in them and avoidance of the same. I so so so wish I did not feel like this, I know ultimately I will love this child irrespective of its gender as I do my other children. When I looked at my gorgeous, innocent son last night, so full of love and wonderfulness, I felt so awful for feeling disappointed when I found out he was not a girl! Sorry for the rant and I really was not intending to upset anyone, apologies if I did! X

All*blue*everything
October 26th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I woke up this morning at 4 am and cried for hours, I think in part it was relief that everything was OK with the baby bit part also was dawning of reality that there is a wee person an individual growing inside me and that rather than loving them unconditionally I want them to be something that may or may not be what they are and have tried to create what I want. I really don't want to upset anyone and I don't think this is how you all feel, just my experience, I think I feel an awful lot of shame about that. I made a connection today between that and someone behaviour my reluctance to tell people about the baby, in part it is due to my mums negative reaction but also it's like when I tell them, they will know that I was not happy with my lot that I tried for a girl and pity me if it does not work out. I know they won't think that but it's more I fear seeing my own negative thoughts reflected in them and avoidance of the same. I so so so wish I did not feel like this, I know ultimately I will love this child irrespective of its gender as I do my other children. When I looked at my gorgeous, innocent son last night, so full of love and wonderfulness, I felt so awful for feeling disappointed when I found out he was not a girl! Sorry for the rant and I really was not intending to upset anyone, apologies if I did! X
I think that makes perfect sense and is probably how a lot of us are feeling..I've said from day one I won't feel less love or dissapointment to this baby but more a loss over what I will never have...x

Sent from mTalk

Serenity
October 26th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Girlie you obviously love all your children, and all of them know that they're loved, including the little person you are now carrying. It sounds to me like your heart is opening to your baby, regardless of his or her gender...this is a good thing. :happy:

It's natural to want a daughter, but at the same time, maybe you are healing from the pain of GD by realising that mother love runs deeper than anything. You ARE accepting your child unconditionally - that's where this feeling is coming from. You have nothing at all to be ashamed of. Remember, this unique, precious little one wouldn't be here if everything hadn't been just as it was. Congratulations mama!! :hug2:

jenren
October 26th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Girlie I think your feelings are totally natural :)

I am progressively getting ridiculously large. This is my bump today at 19 weeks

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161026/cb427fff7c713b21de842ee8ff8036b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Lissastick
October 26th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I am getting so nervous for my prenatal appointment on Monday. Not just because I'm getting the blood test that will tell me the sex, but, because they are going to see if they can find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and I'm just SO scared that they won't and that I've had a silent miscarriage. I feel like my fear of having a miscarriage is much greater than the fear of disappointment if the baby is a boy. I feel like hearing that it's a boy won't devastate me as much as hearing that the baby doesn't have a heartbeat and that they are dead.

I think if the baby is ok and I find out it's a boy, I'm going to be like, "ah, bummer". But, the thought of delivering a healthy, living child would give me so much happiness. Even if he was another stinky little boy. Haha.

I just have so much fear and worry that something has gone wrong. I never realized how hard, negative and depressing a pregnancy after a loss could be :(

Magical22
October 26th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Gorgeous bump jenjen

Magical22
October 26th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Girlie this was very much my feelings. But now I'm so so so much better I'm so excited to meet my little man so excited to have him in my arms. If I do have negative thoughts they are only brief and more of a worry of what other people think not my own feelings anymore. I'm at the protective mum stage don't say anything negative about my boy or look out!! The people around me though have been really good and positive so that has helped.

Burakoam
October 26th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Oh Lissa... i know honey. I had such a regular pregnancy the first time despite my very young age. I was so floored when I was pregnant 18 months later and miscarried. I never saw it coming. I have gone on after that very scary experience to have 2 normal healthy babies since the miscarriage and this pregnancy technically makes 3 I guess since I am past the point of miscarriage now. perfectly healthy babies are very possible even after a loss. I am sure this baby will be just fine and wiggling for you the next time you see it on an ultrasound and their heart beat will be very strong at your appointment <3

They have done studies btw that more babies lost to miscarriage are actually boys. Little boys start off so much more fragile.. and that loss also put you in pink friendly territory as you were also just coming off the diet. You stand a good chance for a girl IMO but even if it's a healthy happy boy I promise once he is here the whole experience of loss is a lot less scary. even years later I still think about the baby I lost. But I don't tear up or cry anymore and I am ultimately at peace with it

Magical22
October 26th, 2016, 06:41 PM
I am getting so nervous for my prenatal appointment on Monday. Not just because I'm getting the blood test that will tell me the sex, but, because they are going to see if they can find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and I'm just SO scared that they won't and that I've had a silent miscarriage. I feel like my fear of having a miscarriage is much greater than the fear of disappointment if the baby is a boy. I feel like hearing that it's a boy won't devastate me as much as hearing that the baby doesn't have a heartbeat and that they are dead.

I think if the baby is ok and I find out it's a boy, I'm going to be like, "ah, bummer". But, the thought of delivering a healthy, living child would give me so much happiness. Even if he was another stinky little boy. Haha.

I just have so much fear and worry that something has gone wrong. I never realized how hard, negative and depressing a pregnancy after a loss could be :(

Totally natural feelings I has 2 miscarriages, 1 was a d&c and the nerves you feel when you fall again are awful. But here I am 15 weeks pregnant, I'm sure you will be fine also. [emoji1360]

purple
October 26th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Cute bump Jenren. You look like you were tiny to start with so bubs has nowhere else to go but out :)

Lissa, I know how you feel. I was so nervous before the 12 week scan after having my 2 miscarriages in a row, especially after the last one where we did see a heartbeat earlier. I didn't even allow myself to think that I would be getting a baby at the end let alone think about gender until after that 12 week scan. Just remember sometimes early on it is hard to find the HB with the doppler so try not to stress if they can't. An ultrasound is usually better for checking HB when it is early.

Well 1 hour until my morph scan! I just want to confirm the gender so I can start telling people :)

Magical22
October 26th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Have fun at your morph scan purple!

Burakoam
October 26th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Purple did everything go good with your scan?

purple
October 26th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Everything looks good.. she said she would tell me if there was anything major wrong.

I told her I knew the gender and wanted to confirm so she said don't tell her. Anyway she confirmed girl!! :)

Magical22
October 27th, 2016, 01:32 AM
Everything looks good.. she said she would tell me if there was anything major wrong.

I told her I knew the gender and wanted to confirm so she said don't tell her. Anyway she confirmed girl!! :)

So exciting [emoji179]

purple
October 27th, 2016, 06:24 AM
I also have an anterior placenta this time. I'm pretty sure the boys both had posterior placentas. It seems like they are more common with girls but it could just be an old wives tale.

Burakoam
October 27th, 2016, 10:57 AM
who in this DD club DOESNT have an anterior placenta? something about these summer conceived babies? lol It does seem to be REALLY common with girls which is just crazy to me...my first two didnt have anterior and they were still girls but my last 2 did and it seems lots of people getting confirmed girls also have anterior placenta...i swear i read somewhere on here that anterior is more common in boys so this is just crazy lol

jenren
October 27th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Lol well this is my second anterior placenta and I only have boys ;)
It is actually very irritating to me. I'm so frustrating that I barley get to feel him. It is the best part of pregnancy for me

All*blue*everything
October 27th, 2016, 11:47 AM
who in this DD club DOESNT have an anterior placenta? something about these summer conceived babies? lol It does seem to be REALLY common with girls which is just crazy to me...my first two didnt have anterior and they were still girls but my last 2 did and it seems lots of people getting confirmed girls also have anterior placenta...i swear i read somewhere on here that anterior is more common in boys so this is just crazy lol
I think out of my 4 boys ive only had 1 anterior placenta...not far enough to know with this one yet...x

Sent from mTalk

bre_cooper11
October 27th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Just popping in... I had posterior placentas with DS and DD1, but anterior with DD2&3. I've also heard it's more common with girls. & I agree, anterior placentas are super annoying!

lindz
October 27th, 2016, 01:12 PM
I don't really believe the old wives tale that gender has anything to do with placenta placement, I think it's just coincidence. I had an anterior placenta with my DS1. This time I have a posterior placenta. It's crazy how much more I feel, and how much earlier it all started. Last time I didn't feel any movement till 21 weeks, this time it was around 14 weeks. Now I realize all that I missed out on the first time around. I'm hoping all the extra movement will make it easier to bond with him.

Cinss
October 27th, 2016, 05:22 PM
I thought having an anterior placenta may have been due to sleeping on tummy, my favourite position to sleep, I miss that so much

purple
October 27th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I still get movements but looking at my notes for DS2 I told my midwife he was very active at this stage. I can't remember exactly what that meant but I would describe this one as just active.

I am starting to see some movements on the outside of my belly now. DH hasn't felt her move yet but it is just a matter of being there at the right time. I think he is looking forward to it as it helps him feel more connected to the pregnancy.

Burakoam
October 27th, 2016, 11:45 PM
The cutest tiger cub

Magical22
October 27th, 2016, 11:47 PM
The cutest tiger cub

What a cutie!!! [emoji7][emoji7]

purple
October 28th, 2016, 03:08 AM
I had to go back to the ultrasound place this afternoon as one measurement needed rechecking. Of course I was worried something was wrong but everything was fine once they got some clearer shots. It was the nuchal fold that was measuring too high but today it was checked a few times and was fine.

Burakoam
October 28th, 2016, 09:05 AM
I am so glad she is okay after all purple. Congrats again on getting your Beautiful girl :)

jenren
October 28th, 2016, 10:03 AM
The cutest tiger cub

So cute. I thought the heart was a love not a thank so just ignore it lol

Lissastick
October 29th, 2016, 02:37 AM
Just remember sometimes early on it is hard to find the HB with the doppler so try not to stress if they can't. An ultrasound is usually better for checking HB when it is early.

Is 12 weeks too early to hear baby with a Doppler? They scheduled me specifically at that date because they thought I'd be far enough along to hear it. I heard my son's HB at 12 weeks with a Doppler. 😊

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

purple
October 29th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Is 12 weeks too early to hear baby with a Doppler? They scheduled me specifically at that date because they thought I'd be far enough along to hear it. I heard my son's HB at 12 weeks with a Doppler. ��

I think you can most times but sometimes it is harder to locate. They have never tried at my booking appointments here which were around 12 to 13weeks. I just remembered my independent midwife did it at 13wks with DS2.

I think maybe they are being overly cautious at the hospital and probably don't want to take up extra time doing it as there is lots of paper work to do for the first appointment.

Burakoam
October 29th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Most babies can Be heard at the doc office by 10 weeks but I agree waiting for 12 weeks is safest bet. Plus the lower baby implanted the longer it may take

Girlieplease
October 29th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I had to go back to the ultrasound place this afternoon as one measurement needed rechecking. Of course I was worried something was wrong but everything was fine once they got some clearer shots. It was the nuchal fold that was measuring too high but today it was checked a few times and was fine.

So glad all was well, such a relief! X

Girlieplease
October 29th, 2016, 03:58 PM
The cutest tiger cub

Oh my goodness the cuteness! This is adorable x

Girlieplease
October 29th, 2016, 04:00 PM

Good luck for Monday, will be thinking about you! X

Girlieplease
October 29th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I think that makes perfect sense and is probably how a lot of us are feeling..I've said from day one I won't feel less love or dissapointment to this baby but more a loss over what I will never have...x

Sent from mTalk

Thank you so much for your kind words x

Girlieplease
October 29th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Girlie you obviously love all your children, and all of them know that they're loved, including the little person you are now carrying. It sounds to me like your heart is opening to your baby, regardless of his or her gender...this is a good thing. :happy:

It's natural to want a daughter, but at the same time, maybe you are healing from the pain of GD by realising that mother love runs deeper than anything. You ARE accepting your child unconditionally - that's where this feeling is coming from. You have nothing at all to be ashamed of. Remember, this unique, precious little one wouldn't be here if everything hadn't been just as it was. Congratulations mama!! :hug2:

Thank you so much, it means alot! X

Girlieplease
October 29th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Girlie I think your feelings are totally natural :)

I am progressively getting ridiculously large. This is my bump today at 19 weeks

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161026/cb427fff7c713b21de842ee8ff8036b2.jpg

Such a beat bump!

Thanks for your kind words! X

Girlieplease
October 29th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Neat not beat, obvs! X

purple
October 29th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I saw on Nessa84's nub post that she is expecting boy number 2.

It looks like there are only 4 left on the list waiting to find out gender or confirm gender!

Girlieplease
October 30th, 2016, 04:13 AM
Goodness lots of opposites in this group? X

Girlieplease
October 30th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Looks like of the 9 folk that we know swayed only 4 got desired gender, less than half! Only 4 left to find out, x

purple
October 30th, 2016, 04:30 AM
Yeah 5 opposites to 4 desired genders. I wonder how that compares to other DD threads?

When are the remaining 4 finding out?

Cinss
October 30th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Well the swayers are doing better than the non swayers, out of 5 that were "hoping" 4 got opposites...

Girlieplease
October 30th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Interesting way of looking at Cinss, we had quite alot of non swayers!

Am really not sure when we will find out. My dd will have her heart set on having a sister, so I want to tell her we are having a baby and what it is, so we would need to find out soon. Am massive so she will probably guess soon and am sure a family member will let it slip. We are probably going to get the harmony done as I cannot repeat the worry of last pregnancy, but am not sure I want to receive the news of what my baby is via am email or telephone call! :-( after my rescan I am not going to have another scan until Jan, big scan. Cannot wait that long but cannot afford a private scan and harmony.

Gender comments started already, :-( mother in law, never said congratulations or anything but said I hope you give dd the sister she has always longed for! Like it's that easy. I felt sick when she said it, like I have deliberately not given her a sister! X

purple
October 30th, 2016, 06:41 PM
People can say such stupid things! I still find it annoying my FIL said it better be a granddaughter. Lucky I wasn't there when he said it but I was there whe he complained that DS2 was a boy.

Cinss, good point with the non swayers mostly getting opposites. I do still believe swaying will tip the odds in favour of your desired gender but obviously it's not 100%.

Lissastick
October 31st, 2016, 02:04 PM
Welp. It's here. The day of my prenatal appointment. I go in at 3:15pm (pacific). They will try to find the HB with a doppler, and I'll be getting my Verifi blood test to look for genetic disorders and find out gender. It will be about a week from today (maybe slightly longer) before I get the results, I am assuming.

I just want baby to be alive. I want to hear their heartbeat!!

Burakoam
October 31st, 2016, 04:40 PM
Lissa dont get hopes too up about this but with verifi they have a good history of getting results back pretty quickly. blood drawn on a monday and i had results by friday afternoon :) may be the same for you!

good luck and i am sure baby will give you a good heartbeat and if not im sure they will look for one with the machine and that just means you get to see baby again!

Burakoam
October 31st, 2016, 04:48 PM
Anyone that can help...really struggling here.

I am really 'wired' right now. I dont know thats the proper term. Maybe anxious IS the right term its just when someone thinks about anxiety on a normal basis im not sure this is what they picture. But im very edgy, extremely irritated and frustrated and real fast to go from 0-100. i had a panic attack waiting for a prescription for DD3, hyperventilating and crying. I havent had this in any of my other pregnancies. My blood pressure is elevated but OB says textbooks say i am not far enough along for it to be pre eclampsia or anything like that. And its not sky high or anything like that to be fair. But i feel like i am totally losing my shit. I cant live like this and so i am desperate. ive tried meditation, calming music, "me time" (not sure i can really get that right now with a sick baby though) but i cant wipe stuff off my plate today to loosen the stress hold...I have got to get this bedroom cleaned and scrubbed down and then because DH is a slob i'll have a ton of pop cans and dishes to do in the kitchen.

I literally sat in the car at the pharmacy screaming and beating my steering wheel because the guy ahead of me was there in the pick up line for 30 FREAKING MINUTES. 30 MINUTES. 3 cars in the other lane (which i was too far pulled ahead to switch into) left before he left. Its like he waited in the drive through, meant for fast pick up, for them to FILL HIS PRESCRIPTION. HOLY. CRAP.

I feel like a tv or movie joke. I know this is the running joke of what pregnant women are always like but i have never had this pregnant or not. I genuinely feel so heavy in my chest i swear i am dying. And if i call my OB i only see negative outcomes coming from this...worst of which is i'll be committed because thats what i feel like at this moment is a crazy person.

help.

purple
October 31st, 2016, 05:07 PM
Burakoam that sounds like anxiety to me. What has helped me is walking, calamile tea, hypnotherapy and also anti depressants (if it doesn't go away). Breathing techniques can help too and also reducing sugar and caffeine from the diet. Pregnancy hormones can make everything harder to cope with.

On another note... you have drive through pharmacies?? How handy is that! All we have here is drive through fast food, bottle shops and some mini convenience stores.

purple
October 31st, 2016, 05:09 PM
Goodluck today Lissastick!!

Burakoam
October 31st, 2016, 05:39 PM
Probably going to try the tea Purple...thank you.

Cinss
October 31st, 2016, 06:03 PM
Goodluck Lissastick

Burakoam
October 31st, 2016, 09:29 PM
Lissa how did it go? :)

Julz
November 1st, 2016, 04:51 AM
Hi Ladies, I am here to join your due date group. I swayed girl, but think I am having a boy, the tech at the 12week NT scan said boy, but didnt give me any nub shots or anything worth while to obsess over, then at the 16 week scan the baby had its cord perfectly between its legs so we couldn't even get a potty shot. At this stage I just want a confirmed potty shot so I know for definite and can move on and stop obsessing. It has taken me a while to join I was waiting to get over my GD as I went through a pretty dark period, but now I can feel baby kicks and have started shopping for gender neutral items and am back to being excited about having another baby regardless of gender.

My due date is 06/04/2017 and I get to have my 20 week scan on the 24 November so just a few more weeks and then we can know for definite.

Julz
November 1st, 2016, 05:15 AM
Hi ladies, I am here to join your due date thread. My due date is 06 April 2017. I swayed girl, but I think it is a boy. The cord was between the legs at 16weeks so we can only find out at the end of the month. I have been waiting to find out before joining but still don't know for definite, but already had GD as the 12 week NT scan tech said more than likely a boy. Anyway I have started feeling kicks and am back to being excited about having another baby regardless of gender.

Lissastick
November 1st, 2016, 03:55 PM
I heard the heartbeat!!! Strong heartbeat! Baby is ok!

I wasn't able to get the blood test because of insurance issues. Hopefully I can get it next week...but we might just be waiting for the anatomy scan in December or January.

Seems like torture to me to wait that long, though!

All*blue*everything
November 1st, 2016, 03:58 PM
I heard the heartbeat!!! Strong heartbeat! Baby is ok!

I wasn't able to get the blood test because of insurance issues. Hopefully I can get it next week...but we might just be waiting for the anatomy scan in December or January.

Seems like torture to me to wait that long, though!

Lovely news x

Sent from mTalk

purple
November 1st, 2016, 05:29 PM
Great news Lissa! I hope you can get the blood test... it's a long wait until the anatomy scan! I stuggled with the wait to my 15wk scan but that was probably because the girly nub got my hopes up (rightly this time).

Girlieplease
November 1st, 2016, 06:31 PM
Fantastic news Lissastick, delighted for you. Shame about the blood test, am going to pay to get the harmony test, no way I could wait until 21 weeks to find out, that's when I have my big scan! X

Cinss
November 1st, 2016, 07:56 PM
Thats great news Lissastick!

Are you feeling any better today Burakoam?

Burakoam
November 1st, 2016, 10:23 PM
Sort of cinss...thank you for asking. I think my estrogen is way higher than normal for some reason this pregnancy and that's why I feel so crazy. Normally my breasts hurt early pregnancy then by mid pregnancy that has disappeared... well instead I still have morning sickness, and my breasts JUST started to hurt within the last week. That with the flare up in anxiety.. who knows what's going on. I probably just have a very fiery spirited baby.. I felt her move alot the day of my ultrasound and haven't felt her since.. been 10 days and not so much a nudge.. wish I was well off enough to have my own ultrasound machine...

Cinss
November 1st, 2016, 11:04 PM
That does sound possible, horemones are crazy sometimes. My boobs never normally hurt during pregnancy but this time my nipples are super sensitive its really annoying and painful. It won't be long till your little bub is kicking away in there letting you know shes awake every day, I love how eventually we can play with our bumps by giving it a gentle poke and waiting for one back.

jdd1017
November 2nd, 2016, 03:24 AM
Lissa I'm so glad you heard a heart beat!!!!! How exciting!!! How early can you get a gender scan? Most of the OBs where I live won't do them before 18 weeks and even if they do, they won't confirm a gender until after 16 weeks[emoji30] Is your morning sickness better?

jdd1017
November 2nd, 2016, 03:33 AM

I am really 'wired' right now. I dont know thats the proper term. Maybe anxious IS the right term its just when someone thinks about anxiety on a normal basis im not sure this is what they picture. But im very edgy, extremely irritated and frustrated and real fast to go from 0-100. i had a panic attack waiting for a prescription for DD3, hyperventilating and crying. I havent had this in any of my other pregnancies. My blood pressure is elevated but OB says textbooks say i am not far enough along for it to be pre eclampsia or anything like that. And its not sky high or anything like that to be fair. But i feel like i am totally losing my shit. I cant live like this and so i am desperate. ive tried meditation, calming music, "me time" (not sure i can really get that right now with a sick baby though) but i cant wipe stuff off my plate today to loosen the stress hold...I have got to get this bedroom cleaned and scrubbed down and then because DH is a slob i'll have a ton of pop cans and dishes to do in the kitchen.

I literally sat in the car at the pharmacy screaming and beating my steering wheel because the guy ahead of me was there in the pick up line for 30 FREAKING MINUTES. 30 MINUTES. 3 cars in the other lane (which i was too far pulled ahead to switch into) left before he left. Its like he waited in the drive through, meant for fast pick up, for them to FILL HIS PRESCRIPTION. HOLY. CRAP.

I feel like a tv or movie joke. I know this is the running joke of what pregnant women are always like but i have never had this pregnant or not. I genuinely feel so heavy in my chest i swear i am dying. And if i call my OB i only see negative outcomes coming from this...worst of which is i'll be committed because thats what i feel like at this moment is a crazy person.

help.

Burakoam, you seriously just nailed how I have been feeling! For me, I think it is a mix of depression and anxiety. I know at the time I'm in a funk that I am being irrational, but I can't seem to snap out of it. I have become so outspoken and blunt that I am worried I'm going to get myself into trouble by saying the wrong thing to someone at work lol! I have not felt like this with any of my pregnancies, if we didn't know this baby was a boy I would swear he was a girl just from my emotional state haha! I want to ask my OB about anti-depressants next week at my appt but I am afraid I will break down and start bawling in front of him. Times like this I wish I had gone to a female OB, I think they would be more understanding. I have a history of mild anxiety and have been on meds before for it, but I really don't want to take anything while I'm pregnant. I hope you can find something that helps! Maybe I'll have to try some of the ideas posted. Just know you're not crazy or alone and it made me feel a little better to read that you're going through the same thing as me...because I was feeling totally nuts lol!!!

Magical22
November 2nd, 2016, 05:08 AM
I'm having my 16 week gender scan on Friday, even though we know we are having another boy. Looking forward to seeing him.

purple
November 2nd, 2016, 05:23 AM
It is always fun to get to see them :) Enjoy the scan Magical!

Magical22
November 2nd, 2016, 05:49 AM
Ps guys I'm still faking it till I make it. Had another PP birth announcement yesterday which set me back, it's always like a slap in the face watching couples have their boy then girl or vice versa.

Magical22
November 2nd, 2016, 06:23 AM
Ps guys I'm still faking it till I make it. Had another PP birth announcement yesterday on Facebook which set me back, it's always like a slap in the face watching couples have their boy then girl or vice versa.

I feel like I'm such a good hard working person and the universe keeps slapping me in the face and trying to knock me down. I did HT which failed, worked so hard to save for that journey and came home empty handed. DH side of the family is all boys except for his 1 sister after 4 boys. I was the first serious partner and the expectations was for me to have the first granddaughter after years of being together, then DHs brother and his ice addict gf get pregnant after 3 weeks of meeting have a boy then a year later have the first girl pp bam just like that so easy. She also really wanted a girl and got it the whole family was thrilled to finally have a girl in the family and to make matters she was born the day of my d&c after a year ttc. Then DH next brother meets a girl and bam PP again. They all brag about their daughters and you can tell they favor them are all ex ice addicts, hardly work, I won't be able to be around them for ages. I feel like a joke and that gives my anxiety.

Girlieplease
November 2nd, 2016, 07:13 AM

help.

I agree with the other ladies that there seems to be anxiety but I also think there is other stuff maybe in the mix. I have felt like this during this pregnancy and at other times when I have not been pregnant. I am not saying this is in anyway what is going on for you, just thought it would be useful to know that others have experienced the same, so your not on your own but also my perspective and understanding of what it is about for me.

I have experienced this relatively recently and how I have understood it is that in general my anxiety levels are raised because am pregnant and I always worry in pregnancy but also because I have tried to sway so created an expectation of an outcome, which may not occur. I think my anxiety is that my sway has failed and that thought brings me in touch with some irrational, deeply held beliefs about myself specifically that I never get what I want, that I have to work for everything, while others get it handed to them on a plate. Additionally, a thought that am a failure and never good enough. These thoughts and feelings belong to my early experiences and have been long since dealt with, however, at anxious times they become re-activated so when I encounter daily every day situations that are similar, it if I think someone is getting their needs met to my detriment, or getting things easily, or am not getting what I want or I try to do something and fail, I reacte very intensely, overreaction because these thoughts and feelings belong to a different time when it made sense to feel like that.

For me trying to relax will help for the duration of the relaxation but until I understand and resolve the underlying issues it will continue to happen. Again not saying this is anything to do with your experience, which showing you how I understood a similar experience that happened to me. X o

Girlieplease
November 2nd, 2016, 07:16 AM
I have my rescan today at 4 :15 pm, am so nervous! Baby would be 12 weeks 2 days, totally going to be nub obsessing even though it is maybe too early. I feel physically sick! X

Girlieplease
November 2nd, 2016, 07:21 AM
Ps guys I'm still faking it till I make it. Had another PP birth announcement yesterday on Facebook which set me back, it's always like a slap in the face watching couples have their boy then girl or vice versa.

I feel like I'm such a good hard working person and the universe keeps slapping me in the face and trying to knock me down. I did HT which failed, worked so hard to save for that journey and came home empty handed. DH side of the family is all boys except for his 1 sister after 4 boys. I was the first serious partner and the expectations was for me to have the first granddaughter after years of being together, then DHs brother and his ice addict gf get pregnant after 3 weeks of meeting have a boy then a year later have the first girl pp bam just like that so easy. She also really wanted a girl and got it the whole family was thrilled to finally have a girl in the family and to make matters she was born the day of my d&c after a year ttc. Then DH next brother meets a girl and bam PP again. They all brag about their daughters and you can tell they favor them are all ex ice addicts, hardly work, I won't be able to be around them for ages. I feel like a joke and that gives my anxiety.

I find this difficult as well, one of people in a past due date group I was on, unexpectedly got pregnant with a third and said she was going to abort it, because she did not want hassle of another, she has a boy and girl. Then she decided she was going to keep it and then started saying it better be another girl, of course it was! I felt so resentful and now her baby is born and she is sooooo cute and of course she has photos of her on everyday. I wish I did not give a hoot what gender people have, it has absolutely no connection to what I will or won't have but still I cannot help it! X

Burakoam
November 2nd, 2016, 08:30 AM
Girlie truth be told I am pretty much over the gender thing. I am probably depressed but it's other things that have me so worked up and not really the fact baby is a girl but struggling with how I ended up in this position because I really never wanted more than one baby. Now I have 4. It's less the fact they are all girls and more the fact of like a delay if "oh fuck what did I do" type thing

Some issues with DH and some issues with my mother and pregnancy hormones and I'm sure I have a good idea as to why I am so wired it's more that I can't fix it or slow it down like I want. I'm usually really good about holding stuff inside or at bay so when I lose control it's overwhelming for me

Btw I too have been very outspoken and down right rude to some people including DH... I hate it but I've literally been quite the bitch lately, no nicer term. But my feelings were the opposite lol.. Id swear still I'm having a boy because of the personality change cause I was never like this with any of my girls lol

Burakoam
November 2nd, 2016, 11:02 AM
In other news though baby picked her name. She nudged me when i asked if she liked Samantha, so Samantha she will be..she hasnt nudged to any other name haha.

Serenity
November 2nd, 2016, 11:45 AM
Burakoam my best friend's name is Samantha. She is the world's kindest, most loyal, protective, big hearted person. I love that name. Re: your mood changes - maybe Samantha is a fighter. :happy:

Back to where I belong now... :wink:

Girlieplease
November 2nd, 2016, 12:49 PM
Aaaaaahhhhhh no nub shot, baby was upside down, am gutted! Saw nada. Is it worth putting a scan photo up on here in case you guys seesomething I don't?

Girlieplease
November 2nd, 2016, 01:07 PM
Clutching at straws picture one? 33601

Girlieplease
November 2nd, 2016, 01:09 PM
Clutching at straws picture 233602

Is there a scrotum evident in this picture? Seems to be something hanging out of its bottom? X

Girlieplease
November 2nd, 2016, 01:11 PM
Clutching a straws picture 333603

Magical22
November 2nd, 2016, 04:40 PM
Gorgeous Girlie but I can't see anything.

Magical22
November 2nd, 2016, 04:41 PM
In other news though baby picked her name. She nudged me when i asked if she liked Samantha, so Samantha she will be..she hasnt nudged to any other name haha.

I love that name so so gorgeous!

Magical22
November 2nd, 2016, 04:42 PM
It's definitely just the unfairness of it all that makes me bitter and angry, I have to keep pulling myself out of my depression and anxiety.

Lissastick
November 2nd, 2016, 06:13 PM
Lissa I'm so glad you heard a heart beat!!!!! How exciting!!! How early can you get a gender scan? Most of the OBs where I live won't do them before 18 weeks and even if they do, they won't confirm a gender until after 16 weeks[emoji30] Is your morning sickness better?

They won't do my gender scan until 20 weeks unless they want an earlier scan to look at my fibroids.

I am going to BEG my husband to take me for the blood test next week!

Cinss
November 2nd, 2016, 06:19 PM
Thats a nice way to pick a name, I work with a Samantha, she is realy lovely.

Cant see much in those pics Girlie, sorry, did the tech say anything?

purple
November 2nd, 2016, 06:56 PM
Lissastick. Are there private ultrasound places that offer 3d scans etc? We have quite a few options here and they all do gender scans from 15 or 16 weeks.

Magical, I'm sorry you keep getting set back hearing about more PPs. It is unfair how it just seems to happen easily for some people.

Girlie, sorry you didn't get a nub shot although I must say the 3 weeks I obsessed over the nub wasn't that fun. I kept swapping between hopeful and then telling myself it was probably going to rise and be a boy. It's hard to know what is better.

Brandles
November 3rd, 2016, 07:53 PM
Hi ladies, it's been a while since I've been in here. I have been feeling really down lately... I'm such a wreck about this stupid anterior placenta and not being able to feel my baby move. I saw my OB on Monday and of course she couldn't find her heartbeat... I knew it was probably because of the placenta, but was still very nerve wrecking. She quickly scanned me... like less than a minute. We were able to see a heartbeat, but the scan was so quick I couldn't really get a good look. I had to ask the Dr if her heart looked ok... she nodded with a yes... I'm sure she would've said otherwise. I absolutely love being pregnant and LOVE LOVE LOVE feeling my baby move- This is my last pregnancy and it really makes me sad that I haven't really felt her and I'm feeling like I can't bond with her. My hubby still doesn't talk about her other than we hosted his moms bday party this past weekend at our house and he had me wrap up an ultrasound pic to give to her and she was so excited she was crying. Then my hubby asked her if she wanted to keep it. I know he was joking, but it made me so mad- especially because it was in front of his entire family. He hasn't come to any OB appointments except the NT scan and now probably the Anatomy scan. He's always come to every appointment. Other than my slightly growing stomach I hardly feel pregnant and the lack of bonding worries me a little. Anyways... thanks for listening to me rant for a sec. Hope you are all doing well and I will try to catch up beyond this page when I can.

Boo on no nub shots Girlie... Sweet baby, but I cant make anything out one way or another... and I am not good at the skull theory.

Magical, sorry to hear about your setbacks... sending you extra hugs!

Lissa- Here in California we have "one" ultrasound place that will do gender scans as early as 13 weeks- they've always been very accurate too which surprises me... and they're only $25. Most places around here only do them after 15 weeks though. Hopefully 20 weeks comes soon for you!!

Lovely name Burakoam- still have no idea on a name here yet. I was just saying today that I have always had a baby's name in mind one gender or the other and this time nada!!

Magical22
November 3rd, 2016, 09:37 PM
Definitely a boy for us [emoji170]

Burakoam
November 3rd, 2016, 10:30 PM
For what its worth magical (and i know its not much, believe me..) i am so jealous. I am sure he is beautiful. congratulations.

Brandles i am sorry. DD3 and this one were anterior and so i didnt feel them like i felt my first two and so i understand the feelings that come along with it. Thats the only enjoyable part of pregnancy for me too so it sucks. I am thoroughly ashamed at your husband. Accidents happen and he should adjust accordingly. Of course you wouldnt want to abort your baby just because she wasnt planned. and your daughter will probably love a sister. if nothing else can get you through this brandy start picturing how wonderful it will be for your girls to have one another. they will need nobody else later in life. Sister can be a really wonderful thing. If for nobody else for her, you are giving her a great gift.

purple
November 3rd, 2016, 11:05 PM
Definitely a boy for us [emoji170]

Hope you are ok? :) how old are your older boys?

Go shopping crazy... there are some really cute boys outfits out these days :)

Magical22
November 3rd, 2016, 11:06 PM
For what its worth magical (and i know its not much, believe me..) i am so jealous. I am sure he is beautiful. congratulations.

Brandles i am sorry. DD3 and this one were anterior and so i didnt feel them like i felt my first two and so i understand the feelings that come along with it. Thats the only enjoyable part of pregnancy for me too so it sucks. I am thoroughly ashamed at your husband. Accidents happen and he should adjust accordingly. Of course you wouldnt want to abort your baby just because she wasnt planned. and your daughter will probably love a sister. if nothing else can get you through this brandy start picturing how wonderful it will be for your girls to have one another. they will need nobody else later in life. Sister can be a really wonderful thing. If for nobody else for her, you are giving her a great gift.

That does actually make me smile, I feel like everyone pity's me and I'm jealous of everyone else. It's nice to hear someone is actually jealous of me [emoji846]. I'm so jealous of you I wish I could swap you pregnancies [emoji5]

Lissastick
November 3rd, 2016, 11:07 PM
I'm in California too, but, my husband is 100% against elective ultrasounds. He's a physicist and says the unknown risks of ultrasounds are not worth it unless absolutely necessary....
Yeah. And he's not paranoid about anything else. So...I'm kind of stuck there.

I'm starting to bond with baby. I think I might be OK with not knowing until December or January. I am impatient, but, I really have it on my head that it's another boy. I don't think there will be any negative emotions if I'm wrong. I'd be shocked. I feel like I won't get what I want both times. I wanted my current son so bad and I feel out of this world lucky to have him.

I keep telling people that I will eat my shoe if it's a girl. I'm that sure that I am having a boy.

Magical22
November 3rd, 2016, 11:08 PM
Can you see him, his eyes, cheeks, nose and his hand in his mouth!?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161104/79407f2a14cd3bb5dc0ac279ccefd5ff.jpg

Magical22
November 3rd, 2016, 11:12 PM
Hope you are ok? :) how old are your older boys?

Go shopping crazy... there are some really cute boys outfits out these days :)

I'm good I loved seeing him I adore my boys and I know I'll adore him! My boys are 2 and 5.

I've already bought some cute outfits and blankets but I'll be buying more much more [emoji170] [emoji846]

pinkinthestars
November 4th, 2016, 01:45 AM
Hello ladies,
I'm due around 22nd of Feb 2017, can I join this group :) I'm not sure if anyone is due when I am :)

purple
November 4th, 2016, 06:02 AM
Hello ladies,
I'm due around 22nd of Feb 2017, can I join this group :) I'm not sure if anyone is due when I am :)

Hi :) You are welcome to hang out here with us! There is also a Dec, Jan, Feb group too but I'm not sure how many are due in Feb.

Have you found out what you are having or are you waiting until the birth?

Cinss
November 4th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Welcome pinkinthestars 🌼

Cinss
November 4th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Can you see him, his eyes, cheeks, nose and his hand in his mouth!?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161104/79407f2a14cd3bb5dc0ac279ccefd5ff.jpg

Yes, hello little guy [emoji7]

3'sacharm
November 4th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Hey ladies,

Brandles - I also have an anterior placenta, my first one out of 4 pregnancies?! I'm still feeling and seeing movement though which is a bonus I guess.

Magical - congrats on ds3. I do think it's lovely, and I'd come to terms with this one being another boy, to the point that I don't really feel it's real, despite two ultrasounds telling me it's a girl! I've bought one thing girlie which is a pink hood for my pushchair, otherwise I've got nothing!!! I really feel like I'm holding back, not really sure why though...x

Burakoam
November 4th, 2016, 11:07 AM
i see him magical :) the hand must be really yummy...did mommy eat something good before the ultrasound? lol

Magical22
November 4th, 2016, 11:25 PM
i see him magical :) the hand must be really yummy...did mommy eat something good before the ultrasound? lol

Nothing exciting, toast and Vegemite [emoji846][emoji1360]

pinkinthestars
November 5th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Hi purple,
I've had a few scans but no answers about gender I have posted some pic in the gender prediction group of my latest one :) unfortunately most of my scan techs aren't willing to let me know what they think lols hopefully I can go again in a few weeks :)

Brandles
November 6th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Lissa, I totally just lol'd about you eating your shoe. Where in SoCal are you? We are in Orange County!!

Burakoam, thank you... I really am looking forward to her having a sister. My sister and I are 8 years apart- I always wanted a sister closer in age growing up, but we are besties now and I don't know what I'd do without her.

Magical, that is the cutest picture... love it!!!!

3'sacharm- I am jealous you have an anterior placenta and can feel baby move... I want to feel her so bad. Praying it happens soon. It's making me a nervous wreck.

purple
November 6th, 2016, 03:09 AM
Brandles, mine is anterior too and I feel movements but I think they are less than with my boys. I get worried when I haven't felt any for a while so it must be hard not feeling anything yet. It does sound like it is normal when the placenta is blocking them. Hopefully you start getting movements soon!

I have been sorting out some baby clothes and things today. I got a few items at the school fair so I have a reasonable collection now.

Girlieplease
November 6th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I see him magical, how cute!

Welcome pink and pink dust, I swayed pink as well!

I am thinking of booking the harmony test, am struggling with anxiety about something been wrong with the baby and about what it is. The place am getting it done at said they will let you know the results via a telephone call, email or letter. I don't know what is best, letter will be too slow, leaning towards email than phone call, any Thoughts? I am absolutely worried sick :-(

Cinss
November 6th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Girlie it is absolutely normal to feel worried that there may be something wrong, but most of the time it is unnecessary, if you do need the test results to feel relief I would probably prefer an email. Big hugs

Magical22
November 6th, 2016, 05:42 PM
I see him magical, how cute!

Welcome pink and pink dust, I swayed pink as well!

I am thinking of booking the harmony test, am struggling with anxiety about something been wrong with the baby and about what it is. The place am getting it done at said they will let you know the results via a telephone call, email or letter. I don't know what is best, letter will be too slow, leaning towards email than phone call, any Thoughts? I am absolutely worried sick :-(

All natural feelings, I think email or phone call.

Lissastick
November 6th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Lissa, I totally just lol'd about you eating your shoe. Where in SoCal are you? We are in Orange County!!

I'm about 30 minutes from the O.C.! The birth center that I had my son at and where I'm going to now for this baby is in Irvine!

Girlieplease
November 7th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Harmony test booked for tomorrow! :-( am so nervous! X

Burakoam
November 7th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Im sure everything will be fine with baby girlie, and on the plus side you will get to know if your daughter will be getting a sister!

Not sure where else to post this...looking for experience..has anyone in this DD group or any close relatives of yours had Pre E and you are familiar with the very early symptoms? i havent looked online as im afraid i will freak myself out. A while back i ended up in the emergency room for excessive and bloody vomiting and black stool so i was worried about a bleed...by the time i got to the doctor the vomitting had stopped and i couldnt give them a stool sample and they didnt really think they would find anything so i declined a rectal exam..plus baby looked great so wasnt concerned after an ultrasound. My blood pressure was elevated but nobody mentioned if it was high for a pregnant woman or not..140/90... BEFORE that i had a day where i was doing nothing, seemingly unstressed and suddenly my vision went completely blurry. Not a little, im talking being unable to make out anything but shapes and my general location...i seemed to have flashing lights at the same time and it was more noticeable when i closed my eyes it was like a light show behind my eyelids it really freaked me out...30 minutes to an hour later my vision returned and the lights seemed to stop but i felt very out of it after that.

this was all around 13-14 weeks. So with how i have been feeling and such with the anxiety like feelings out of nowhere making me believe maybe my blood pressure is doing weird things putting my body in a state of panic/anxiety if you will, i brought it up with my OB but she was pretty dismissive. Says prior to 20 weeks books say i cannot be pre eclamptic. I accepted that and have went about my way but for the last week i am still very sick to my stomach and this is completely unlike any other pregnancy..with angela i was sick with her the longest but it was completely gone by 16 weeks.. both of my other 2 were done by 10-11 weeks. I know its not unheard of for pregnant women to be sick an entire pregnancy, its just not my history though i know each pregnancy is different..

im just coupling this with my awful headache and panic attack i had last night, and how i have felt for weeks now just very unwell and like something isnt quite right. today i am cramping pretty bad, and i was having contractions/cramping last night as i was hyperventilating in bed trying to get my sh*t together. I was walking through the grocery store today with the baby and started to feel really dizzy like i was going to pass out. I have no history of Pre E myself and the closest ive got is a cousin on my dads side who had it with one of her pregnancies but not the other. i DO have a history of high blood pressure...a few years back and after a couple of months on anti anxiety meds i seem to be within normal range at all times except every once in a while now during this pregnancy...at my OB it seems my blood pressure is either low (last visit it was 108/62) or around my normal (120/60) with only the one incidence recorded of it being remotely high (the 140/90)

Im just wondering if my doctor got it right or are there cases of pre e starting earlier than 20 weeks? If i google any of this myself i am going to end up an anxious wreck so i come to you guys instead haha..

Burakoam
November 7th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Doctor is unconcerned still even though I am in the middle of what is probably a panic attack. Thing is I started spotting about 10 minutes into this episode and it's also not a concern apparently because it's not heavy enough. I am freaking out. I should have picked a different doctor this pregnancy I think :(

Cinss
November 7th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Burakoam that sounds horrible and scary, so sorry you are going through that. You could still get a second opinion though couldn't you with a new doctor?

Magical22
November 7th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Doctor is unconcerned still even though I am in the middle of what is probably a panic attack. Thing is I started spotting about 10 minutes into this episode and it's also not a concern apparently because it's not heavy enough. I am freaking out. I should have picked a different doctor this pregnancy I think :(

Sorry your going through this stress [emoji846]

purple
November 8th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Sorry Burakoam :( I did have very mild PE with my first but I didn't have any symptoms other than elevated BP and some protien in urine. I'm not sure if they can test for protien to put your mind at ease. It sounds like it could be some anxiety which would set off your fight or flight reflex and make your body do wacky stuff. I'm not sure what to suggest, maybe another dr would help.

Burakoam
November 9th, 2016, 11:21 AM
just wanted to pop in and say hi ladies..currently making a hamburger pizza at 10:30 AM...no regrets.

spotting stopped that day and i seem to be alright. I am borrowing my dads blood pressure cuff to monitor my pressure...my diastolic gets and stays pretty high but my systolic doesnt and remains what they would call 'pregnancy low'...so i think im in the clear. i hate feeling like im on the edge of the cliff and able to fall off again at any moment but for the time being things are calm and peaceful.

my last reading yesterday was 112/93...not really sure how i feel about the numbers getting so close together like that..something does tell me that is bound to cause issues but not sure what to really do about it at this point..

Girlieplease
November 9th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Bukoram glad the spotting has stopped but my goodness your going through the mill with this pregnancy, hope you feel better soon.

Peel me off the ceiling! Am so anxious, how can I cope for the next few days? My friend much long for little girl arrived this morning and they found out she has down syndrome, I just went into a panic Googling scan photos, it is bringing all the upset from ds2 pregnancy back! X

Cinss
November 9th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Oh Girlie thats a bit sad for your friend. Did she have the prenatal testing done?

Girlieplease
November 9th, 2016, 05:23 PM
It's actually a friends best friend, but no she had no prenatal testing and no idea until after the birth! X

Cinss
November 9th, 2016, 11:36 PM
Hang in there Girlie, im sure your bubs will be perfect, I saw the pics you posted in the other thread but cant really make out whats what, with my NT scan the tech zoomed in on side profile head so it was very clear to see what we were looking at.

Girlieplease
November 10th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Thanks ladies am still so anxious and not sleeping!

How are you all?

Anyone heard from the others? Was wondering how baby2016baby was?

Lissastick and JDD how are things going? X

Lissastick
November 10th, 2016, 09:48 PM
I'm ok. I guess. I'm super bummed that I can't get the blood test. I have temporary insurance now and it doesn't cover the test. We can't afford it otherwise.

Now I have to wait for the 20 week scan. That seems like FOREVER from now. And I am going to be worried about crying in front of the U/S tech if the baby is a boy.

I was tempted to buy the sneak peek gender test, but so many have said it was wrong. Especially when it says boy. A lot of people that get boy results are actually having girls.
I heard it's because when you carry a boy, you always have his DNA in your blood******. And...yeah...I've carried a boy.

I hate not knowing. I just want to start bonding with this child, fully. I need time to connect to him if it's a him.

purple
November 10th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Lissa, I would be more inclined to go for an elective scan between 15 and 16wks than the sneek peek. Are you getting the NT scan? (Sorry if I have already asked this!)

If you get the sneek peek you probably won't trust the results either way so I think it's better to wait. It is hard waiting though!!

purple
November 10th, 2016, 11:57 PM
I'm going ok but finding sleeping uncomfortable already. I keep getting told how small I am but it is because I'm tall so lots of space in my torso for a baby not to have to pop out.

14 weeks left of work! I will probably have about 2 weeks off at Christmas so thats only 12 weeks :)

Anyone else working full-time? Even when I was pregnant with DS1 I had dropped to 4 days a week so it is a stuggle now. Although I sit down all day so it could be worse :)

Magical22
November 11th, 2016, 12:08 AM
I work 4 days a week. Can't wait to go on maternity leave and I'm also having 2 weeks off over Christmas, bring it on I love Christmas!!!! Hard walking past all the girl toys and girl Christmas dresses though. [emoji319][emoji1392]

I'm tall too purple, went looking for a nice hospital outfit to bring Bub home in and the lady serving me at the store asked if it was a gift I said no. People don't know I'm pregnant looking at me yet. Currently 17 weeks.

purple
November 11th, 2016, 03:35 AM
I'm excited about being pregnant at Christmas for the first time :)

How long will you have off work magical? I'm looking at a year as I don't want to jeopardise breastfeeding before 12 months. We should hopefully be ok financially as it has only been the last year that we have had two full time incomes as DH was looking after the boys for a while.

Magical22
November 11th, 2016, 03:41 AM
I'm excited about being pregnant at Christmas for the first time :)

How long will you have off work magical? I'm looking at a year as I don't want to jeopardise breastfeeding before 12 months. We should hopefully be ok financially as it has only been the last year that we have had two full time incomes as DH was looking after the boys for a while.

All my kids are due at the same time so I've always been pregnant at the same time.

I'll have 8 months off, so go back to work at the end of January 2018 so all the kids can get into daycare.

purple
November 11th, 2016, 04:52 AM
All my kids are due at the same time so I've always been pregnant at the same time.

I'll have 8 months off, so go back to work at the end of January 2018 so all the kids can get into daycare.

Yeah I may have to look at child care towards the end of Jan 2018 to get a spot but I would have to go back mid Feb anyway. Timing works out reasonably well, it is also good not starting a baby in winter!

lindz
November 11th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I'm doing ok, just having a hard time sleeping. Wake up after 5 hours and then can't seem to get back to sleep.

I'm excited my husband and I finally agreed on a name. We were arguing about it a lot because he didn't like my name choice (Liam) and I wasn't a fan of any of his suggestions. Not having a name for him seemed to make my gender disappointment worse. Now that we are both happy with the name, it's been easier to connect to the baby. I've bought a few new outfits for him and my sister is painting the nursery next weekend.

Magical: it is so hard looking at the adorable girl Christmas dresses! I felt so sad at target today seeing all the boring sweaters they had for holiday outfits for boys and all the beautiful dresses :( Does anyone know where I can get a cute Christmas outfit for a boy? Target has cute stuff for 18m and smaller, which is where I got his outfit last year. Now he's 2T though and I'm not really seeing anything..

Cinss
November 11th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Lindz next online have some cute boy stuff. Web Forwarding (http://WWW.next.com.au) or their UK site Next Official Site: Online Fashion, Kids Clothes & Homeware (http://WWW.next.co.uk)

Lissastick
November 13th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Lissa, I would be more inclined to go for an elective scan between 15 and 16wks than the sneek peek. Are you getting the NT scan? (Sorry if I have already asked this!)

If you get the sneek peek you probably won't trust the results either way so I think it's better to wait. It is hard waiting though!!

My husband is not ok with elective scans. I'm really not either. I will just have to wait until week 20. I'm not meaning to be a complainer, I am just really impatient. But, there's nothing I can do.

Girlieplease
November 13th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Pinkinthestars I thought you had a confirmed girl? Just saw you added your sway and said confirmed boy? Did you have further tests?

Am like a zombie today, this lack of sleep is so exhausting! I get my results on Tuesday from harmony but might come tomorrow so anxiety is through the roof! How is everyone doing? X

All*blue*everything
November 13th, 2016, 02:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u3Rg0Q4.jpg

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
November 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Me and my boys and bump today, I got all emotional thinking that next year we will be blessed with another baby

Sent from mTalk

Girlieplease
November 13th, 2016, 03:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u3Rg0Q4.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Wow what a gorgeous family you have! <3

All*blue*everything
November 13th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Wow what a gorgeous family you have! <3
Thank u x

Sent from mTalk

Burakoam
November 13th, 2016, 05:23 PM
I may have finally got some answers but i need to ask...i swear i remember at least one or two ladies in this DD group talking about their thyroids...

I have had pain and tenderness on the right side of my throat for the last 2 days. This isnt like a sore throat you get when you are sick or have drainage...its very different. I have been crying from the pain and find when i try and sleep its at its worst because i want to sleep on my right side but it is too uncomfortable to do so. its right along the center of my throat off to the side a little. localized just to the right. I went to a doctor today because the pain is actually pretty bad. they did a CBC and a thyroid but i wont have the thyroid results until tomorrow...CBC shows my white blood cell count is very elevated per the doctor but i have no 'obvious' signs of infection and i dont feel 'sick' like with a cold or anything. Anyone have any thyroid experience?'

I am sure i will not like what i hear tomorrow. It would explain from what i was told the excessive fatigue and nausea still at this point in the pregnancy and the feeling of 'unwellness' ive had as well as feeling like my hormones are off the charts crazy. Because they probably are if my thyroid is messing up. :(

pinkinthestars
November 13th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Hi Girlieplease,
Yes so sorry I have a confirmed girl after another scan performed on Friday, I was doing my form on my phone and was trying to put as much info as I could and didn't see the top selection lols, that's what I get for doing something half asleep on my phone , so yes is still GIRL :)

Magical22
November 13th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Pinkinthestars I thought you had a confirmed girl? Just saw you added your sway and said confirmed boy? Did you have further tests?

Am like a zombie today, this lack of sleep is so exhausting! I get my results on Tuesday from harmony but might come tomorrow so anxiety is through the roof! How is everyone doing? X

Good luck!!!

Girlieplease
November 14th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Relief pinkinthestars, I was thinking there was no way your potty shot could have turned into a willy!

Burakoam I have an underactive thyroid, I was diagnosed find e years ago at the same time as I discovered I was pregnant with ds1. I don't have any issue with my throat but they do examine my gland and it's never been enlarged, which could cause problems with your throat. The symptoms I get are difficulty losing weight, putting on weight, feeling cold all the time, excessive tiredness were I don't have the energy to walk up the stairs, sometime hair failing out, feeling low like depression but with no reason at all, pains in my joints and the skin on my feet gets all cracked and broken. My tsh levels are out of wack, that is a measure of how hard your body is working to produce thyroxine and I think that is why my tiredness and sickness is presenting for longer than it did in previous pregnancies were my thyriod was well regulated!

Girlieplease
November 14th, 2016, 06:31 PM
I find out my harmony results tomorrow! :-( the clinic said they would phone if it's bad news and email/ send a letter if ok. I opted for email. We are selling our house currently so my phone rings all the time, my heart is going to be in my mouth with each phone call. Have decided if I receive an email in my inbox, I will know the baby is healthy and I will open it when the children have gone to bed and my husband is home. My mum is up tomorrow and I just know if I open it and it's a boy I will be upset and end up telling her before my husband. We agreed that we would keep gender to ourselves initially, irrespective if it is a boy or girl, tell the children and then tell other people! So anxious please keep me in your thoughts x o

GirlieCat
November 14th, 2016, 07:50 PM
So anxious for you Girlieplease. I got nervous just reading your post because I can completely image how you must feel. It sounds like you have a good plan in place to be alone in case it is not what you want to hear, but I am hoping beyond hope that it is nothing but pure joy because it says girl. Here for you no matter what it says!

Magical22
November 14th, 2016, 08:16 PM
So anxious for you Girlieplease. I got nervous just reading your post because I can completely image how you must feel. It sounds like you have a good plan in place to be alone in case it is not what you want to hear, but I am hoping beyond hope that it is nothing but pure joy because it says girl. Here for you no matter what it says!

Dido, I'm nervous for you too [emoji846]

purple
November 14th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Goodluck Girlieplease! Fx the email (no phone calls!) says girl!

Burakoam
November 14th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Good luck Girlie...

Girlieplease
November 14th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Thank everyone, I have slept for few hours and now it's the middle of the night and I cannot sleep, dh is snoring blissfully. Going to decamp to children room as my mum is in the spare room x

LinzNicuRN
November 15th, 2016, 01:50 AM
Good luck girlie!!

Cinss
November 15th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Goodluck Girlie, will be thinking of you tomorrow x

pinkinthestars
November 15th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Good luck I have my fingers and toes crossed for you sending you lots of huggles :)

Girlieplease
November 15th, 2016, 06:12 AM
No word yet, when I went for my blood draw last Tuesday, they only do harmony tests on a Tuesday, the nurse asked the secretary if last week's harmony were back and she said yes and that was just after 11am, hoping it's not a bad sign! X

jdd1017
November 15th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Good luck girlieplease!! I hope you hear girl!!!![emoji120]

Burakoam
November 15th, 2016, 10:33 AM
My TSH is low. So not hypothyroid..hyperthyroid. Which is interesting to say the least. Its 0.192 which seems to be just barely below the normal for a pregnant woman but still low.

anyone with thyroid experience or with an endo for a friend or family member can you please find out for me if i should be concerned about my T4...im barely at a cut off so they wanted to call the whole panel normal at first. Results for T4 say 0.9-1.7 is normal and im apparently at 1.0...that just seems like id be more borderline than anything :/

i dont see my OB until thursday :(

Girlieplease
November 15th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I could check my chart and see what my levels were, I have never had any issue with t4 just tsh.

Got email from the clinic, I have not opened it as my mum is here and she is the worst person if you have upsetting news. I want the children in bed and then I can face the news. I were buying a house and the seller has just decided not to sell anymore, it made me so downhearted, I could not face bed time routine with more upsetting news! X,

Girlieplease
November 15th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Meant to add if they email the results it means the baby is healthy, they phone if something comes up in the results. Am taking it as a good sign if it's a boy it is a healthy one! X

Burakoam
November 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Would appreciate a look if you want girlie...it helps keep you busy from your email too! LOL

that is a very positive outlook too. I think you are going to hear healthy girl though. Your sway was good and took you a while to fall pregnant which is always good for pink.

Burakoam
November 15th, 2016, 01:22 PM
My TSH is low. So not hypothyroid..hyperthyroid. Which is interesting to say the least.

Girlieplease
November 15th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Going to add a picture of my results from my chart. The quote two things free thyroxine in how much thyroxine is in my blood ( top figure) and the tsh which my understanding is how hard my gland has had to work to produce the thyroxine ( bottom figure) x33766

Girlieplease
November 15th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Sorry it is upside down x

Burakoam
November 15th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Girlie were those results normal for you per your doctor? Our reference ranges are also way different am so confused.

lindz
November 15th, 2016, 02:32 PM
My TSH is low. So not hypothyroid..hyperthyroid. Which is interesting to say the least. Its 0.192 which seems to be just barely below the normal for a pregnant woman but still low.

anyone with thyroid experience or with an endo for a friend or family member can you please find out for me if i should be concerned about my T4...im barely at a cut off so they wanted to call the whole panel normal at first. Results for T4 say 0.9-1.7 is normal and im apparently at 1.0...that just seems like id be more borderline than anything :/

i dont see my OB until thursday :(

I was diagnosed hypothyroid this pregnancy and have been taking synthroid for it. Not sure how they treat hyperthyroidism though. Here are my recent test results and there's a chart with a range for each trimester of where your TSH levels should behttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161115/cfc70034dc8e44cbcc18857c4a28f9cd.png

Burakoam
November 15th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I should have been a doctor.. I just can't read these results. My numbers look closer to yours than girlies but then why are they telling me hyper instead of hypo? Wtf?

Also between girlies results and yours and mine it's like they all fall into range for normal so what am I missing to understand this stuff? Ugh

purple
November 15th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Ah Girlieplease I was hoping to scroll to the end of the post to see the result! Glad bubs is healthy at least! :)

purple
November 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Sorry Burakoam, I have no idea about thyroid stuff. It is a bit frustrating you have to wait to find out what it means but if something was really urgently wrong they wouldn't make you wait so hopefully it's not too bad.

Girlieplease
November 15th, 2016, 04:35 PM
It's another boy! Am in the depths of despair right now! X

Burakoam
November 15th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Oh girlie :( -hugs-

Cinss
November 15th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Oh Girlie, I hope your ok

pinkinthestars
November 15th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Hi Girlieplease,
We are all here for you hun :) good to hear baby is healthy. I have no doubt you will be feeling deflated and lots more at the moment just know that we are here to listen and help :)

Magical22
November 15th, 2016, 05:52 PM

Congratulations on your little man! [emoji170]

I know he will own your heart.

I know what you are going through and I promise it will get easier. Take this time and mourn. Gentle hugs!!!

Magical22
November 15th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Good luck girlieplease!! I hope you hear girl!!!![emoji120]

@jdd1017 Did you get my reply to your personal chat message last week? Hope it went through ok.

jenren
November 15th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Congrats on your healthy boy girlie. So sorry you did not hear pink :(

GirlieCat
November 15th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Oh Girlie, my heart is breaking for you. I am happy baby boy is healthy, but I know that is not much consolation right now. I am so sorry. :-(

Misschris
November 15th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Totally new to this site! How do I join your group?

LinzNicuRN
November 15th, 2016, 11:41 PM
So sorry it's not the news we all wanted to hear girlie, I'm thankful he is healthy, but praying for healing in your heart right now.

Cinss
November 15th, 2016, 11:55 PM
Totally new to this site! How do I join your group?
Hi Misschris, welcome 🌸 I can add you to the group by listing you on on the first post in this thread. What is your due date, do you know what your having yet and did you sway?

purple
November 16th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Sorry it wasn't the news you wanted to hear Girlie :( I'm sure he will be very loved once he is snuggled in your arms.

Welcome Misschris :)

Lissastick
November 16th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Girlie, I'm so sorry that you are feeling down. We are here for you. I'm so glad your baby boy is healthy, though.

I think I will be right there with you in a couple of weeks. 😔

Burakoam
November 16th, 2016, 11:49 PM
Anatomy scan tomorrow.

Burakoam
November 17th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Everything looked good on baby. Doctor made sense of my numbers for me too. He said right now I have sub clinical hyperthyroid. He said my labs are a little weird too because the lower TSH is making too much thyroid hormone which is weird because at 1.0 for T4 that my T4 is barely normal. So he suspects actually that my subclinical hyper is actually a mask made by the pregnancy when in reality I have Hypothyroidism. Because my body is reading 1.0 as 'too much' when it's barely enough if that makes sense?

Anyhow he said numbers aren't bad enough he would recommend medication at this point so we will have to monitor it and see what happens :(

jdd1017
November 17th, 2016, 01:56 PM
@jdd1017 Did you get my reply to your personal chat message last week? Hope it went through ok.

Yes and I have a huge message typed and it won't send it! [emoji31][emoji31] Message me with your email if you want and we can email each other! Idk if my subscription ran out or what happened and why it won't send...maybe my message is too long lol!

jdd1017
November 17th, 2016, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry girlie!!!! There are so many of us in this group that know exactly what you are going through! Feel free to voice your feelings...this discussion board was my saving grace the first week or two after my 12 week scan. The first week or two after you find out is the worst. Everything made me cry. It really truly does get easier though. Give yourself time to grieve, it IS a loss, even if you never had the baby girl in your arms. Are you guys going to have more kids?

jdd1017
November 17th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Our anatomy scan is scheduled for the 30th. I think we have decided to not find out the "official" gender...even though I am 99% certain this baby is a boy based on my 12 week scan. There is no doubt in my mind. The only reason I don't want to find out is because I am so stressed about the ultrasound. It gives me so much anxiety thinking about it...the last sono was so heartbreaking for me I don't think I can go through another one. I think I will fall apart all over again and be just as depressed as I was after the 12 week scan. I thought by now I would be more accepting of this baby and be ok with things, but I'm not.[emoji17]This time around, I just want to focus on the health of my baby and not see what's between the legs. I think maybe it might help me to enjoy the sono more. I also don't know if I can hold it together for another sono. As soon as we got pregnant we decided we were going to do a gender reveal at home with just our family, but I absolutely did NOT want to find out at the sono in front of a stranger...and that is exactly how we found out[emoji20].

The people that I've told this to think I am crazy and I think they think I am trying to hold out hope that this baby is a girl. Maybe I am in denial, but I just can't go through it again. It will make everything so final.

Am I crazy for not finding out or feeling this way?

All*blue*everything
November 17th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Our anatomy scan is scheduled for the 30th. I think we have decided to not find out the "official" gender...even though I am 99% certain this baby is a boy based on my 12 week scan. There is no doubt in my mind. The only reason I don't want to find out is because I am so stressed about the ultrasound. It gives me so much anxiety thinking about it...the last sono was so heartbreaking for me I don't think I can go through another one. I think I will fall apart all over again and be just as depressed as I was after the 12 week scan. I thought by now I would be more accepting of this baby and be ok with things, but I'm not.[emoji17]This time around, I just want to focus on the health of my baby and not see what's between the legs. I think maybe it might help me to enjoy the sono more. I also don't know if I can hold it together for another sono. As soon as we got pregnant we decided we were going to do a gender reveal at home with just our family, but I absolutely did NOT want to find out at the sono in front of a stranger...and that is exactly how we found out[emoji20].

The people that I've told this to think I am crazy and I think they think I am trying to hold out hope that this baby is a girl. Maybe I am in denial, but I just can't go through it again. It will make everything so final.

I don't want to find out the gender for those reasons I figure once the baby is born I will be so relieved and grateful that we have both made it through ok that the gender won't be as important...im already assuming this baby is a boy and im hoping at my 12wk scan next week i can't read too much into skull, nub or even see its actual willy lol...my last pregnancy was ruined by the scan when we found out the gender x

Sent from mTalk

Magical22
November 17th, 2016, 04:24 PM

All totally normal feelings. You have to deal with it as best you can. [emoji179]

Cinss
November 18th, 2016, 01:03 AM
Jdd have you thought about asking the ultrasound technician to write the gender down for you and seal it up in an envelope for you to take home with you? Then you can decide in your own time if you want to know before the birth.

jdd1017
November 18th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Jdd have you thought about asking the ultrasound technician to write the gender down for you and seal it up in an envelope for you to take home with you? Then you can decide in your own time if you want to know before the birth.

Yea I thought of that...we might still do it. The other part of me thinks that I would rather just have the confirmation of the gender be at the delivery, but go through the pregnancy knowing this baby will be a boy. I guess maybe a small part of me is allowing myself to hold out a teeny tiny bit of hope that the tech was wrong. To be honest, when I think of the delivery and how I will feel in the weeks leading up to it and right after, I feel so sad. Like the whole time I will be thinking of how I wish this baby was a girl. So maybe if I don't know for the gender with certainty it will make things easier. I'm probably setting myself up for even more disappointment, but I'm hoping once he is here I will be able to accept it a little more. Idk what to do[emoji53][emoji30]

Julz
November 18th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Hi Ladies,

I have just joined your group but have been lurking for some time. We swayed girl but Im pretty sure its a boy but the cord has been in the way most of the time so I guess Im holding out hope that it may still be a girl but more likely to be a boy.

We go for our anatomy scan on Thursday morning so hopefully by then we will know for sure. :nails:

Burakoam
November 18th, 2016, 09:23 AM
JDD it comes down to the kind of person you are, and only you know that for sure. Are you someone who will fall instantly in love with this little bundle on your chest even if it has a penis to where you wont care at all that he is a boy and not a girl at delivery, or do you NEED time during the pregnancy to accept its a boy so that you are able to love him the way you need to when he is born? I considered not finding out with this one, convinced my sway worked and so why not enjoy that feeling the entire pregnancy knowing it was my boy..but then i realized that if i went the whole pregnancy convinced of my sway and entered that delivery room and had a baby girl placed on my chest... i wouldnt feel the rush of love that would allow me to bond with her. Id be mourning my son while trying to bond with her and it would have been an ugly nightmare for me. So i knew i had to find out because i needed time to adjust. I adjusted faster than i thought i would, and i'll still have a slight sting of sadness when i hold her since she is my last baby and represents the death of my son in my eyes, but i will still be able to enjoy her and love her and count her fingers and toes happily...where i would have been a crying ugly mess if i hadnt known before hand. Thats me.

Now you just have to think about yourself and what your experience will be like and make your decision for YOU...you are the only one who knows whats best for you. personally pregnancy isnt a great thing for me, i have never enjoyed it and i never will...so enjoying my last isnt on my priority list because i know i couldnt enjoy it even if i tried..im just slugging through. Thats why i wasnt worried about any news ruining the pregnancy...its already ruined because i have to be pregnant, haha..

jdd1017
November 18th, 2016, 11:15 AM
JDD it comes down to the kind of person you are, and only you know that for sure. Are you someone who will fall instantly in love with this little bundle on your chest even if it has a penis to where you wont care at all that he is a boy and not a girl at delivery, or do you NEED time during the pregnancy to accept its a boy so that you are able to love him the way you need to when he is born? I considered not finding out with this one, convinced my sway worked and so why not enjoy that feeling the entire pregnancy knowing it was my boy..but then i realized that if i went the whole pregnancy convinced of my sway and entered that delivery room and had a baby girl placed on my chest... i wouldnt feel the rush of love that would allow me to bond with her. Id be mourning my son while trying to bond with her and it would have been an ugly nightmare for me. So i knew i had to find out because i needed time to adjust. I adjusted faster than i thought i would, and i'll still have a slight sting of sadness when i hold her since she is my last baby and represents the death of my son in my eyes, but i will still be able to enjoy her and love her and count her fingers and toes happily...where i would have been a crying ugly mess if i hadnt known before hand. Thats me.

Now you just have to think about yourself and what your experience will be like and make your decision for YOU...you are the only one who knows whats best for you. personally pregnancy isnt a great thing for me, i have never enjoyed it and i never will...so enjoying my last isnt on my priority list because i know i couldnt enjoy it even if i tried..im just slugging through. Thats why i wasnt worried about any news ruining the pregnancy...its already ruined because i have to be pregnant, haha..

Thanks for your advice!!! You're right, I need to figure out what will be worse, coping now or at the birth. We didn't find out the gender with DS2. I really wanted a girl, but the other part of me didn't care bc I also wanted a brother for my older son. However, about 10 days after he was born it hit me that I might not EVER have a daughter. At that time we were only planning on having 3 kids. That is actually the day I told my husband that if #3 is a boy we are having a 4th. Luckily he went for it lol! Now after doing a lot of research, I know that the chances of having a girl after 3 boys is pretty damn slim, so I think that is why I am grieving so much with this one. Even though we will prob have one more, I know it will be another boy and honestly I don't want to have another baby unless I am willing to accept the next baby being a boy. I just can't go through this again.

I was determined to find out the gender with this one because I thought it would allow me time to cope and accept it, but it's been 5 weeks since we found out about this baby and I am still struggling with it! It's def better, but I am not as good as I thought I would be. I know 5 weeks isn't that long, but I usually move on from things fairly quickly! How long do you feel like it took you before you accepted yours as being a girl?

I think since we know going into it knowing that this baby is almost certainly a boy, I won't be as upset in the delivery room. If we had gone team green I seriously would have thought this baby was a girl because I felt like my sway was so strong!!! So I guess I'm glad that we more or less found out, even if it has been really difficult on me. I know it would have been awful in the delivery room if I found then that it was another boy!! [emoji22]

Burakoam
November 18th, 2016, 12:25 PM
i am 20 weeks tomorrow and have known since i was 11 weeks...only in the last 2 weeks or so have i really accepted it. So if you are feeling any shade of better there is still hope it will get easier for you and interjecting my opinion for a moment would say that you should get the 'official' answer...you never know if you will be surprised. I agree yours looked very boyish, but i have seen ultrasounds that shock with last minute results...I am one that gets over things fast normally too JDD, not easily bothered either because i know when i stress i stress BIG so i try and limit what stresses me out...and this is still taking a while for me. But i also know this is my last baby, i refuse to do this again. I hate pregnancy. and so maybe what you are struggling with is more of the fact you feel this is probably your last baby too...its harder to accept and takes longer when its so final, vs your last pregnancy where you say you accepted it pretty fast...but you also knew you had at least one more try for your girl.

Girlieplease
November 19th, 2016, 04:10 PM
When does this get easier? This so painful, I am bearly functioning I get very little sleep and am so full of anxiety I wake frequently during the night thinking I have slept in. I just feel so sad. I so wish I had never tried for another baby, I have stopped telling people am pregnant, I have friends that don't know. I don't want to talk about the baby or think about it! I feel sorry for it, imagine causing this much upset just for something you did not choose, I am such a wretched person!

purple
November 19th, 2016, 05:26 PM
I think I am glad I found out with DS2 as I tend to get hit pretty hard with baby blues and if I had GD on top of that then I may have got PND after him. Instead I was prepared for my baby boy and tried to soak up every last bit of my 'last' baby.

I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment Girlie :( I'm sure the others will have some wise words to share as unfortunately lots in this group have been through what you are feeling. It does sound like it will get easier but it will be really hard for a little while.

ksmom
November 19th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Girlieplease, I went through the same emotions/thoughts after finding out about DS3. I felt awful for wishing I would have skipped TTC that cycle and feeling resentful he wasn't a girl. I had a hard time connecting with the baby and what made it worse was not having anyone IRL to talk to about it other than DH. I felt angry, bitter, and sad. PLEASE don't feel bad. We're only human and we can't help what we feel. What's important is you recognize your true feelings and deal with them now rather than after baby is born. It's important that you talk about your feelings with someone because keeping it all bottled up only makes it worse. I'm almost 35 weeks now so I've had time to adjust to the idea (never thought I would!!) and now I'm OK with another boy. I'm finally at a point where I'm excited to meet him. I've actually run into quite a few moms in the past month or so that have 3-4 boys and they all say they really hoped for a girl so it's nice to know we're not alone in the universe! If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me. :)

Lissastick
November 19th, 2016, 11:18 PM
When does this get easier? This so painful, I am bearly functioning I get very little sleep and am so full of anxiety I wake frequently during the night thinking I have slept in. I just feel so sad. I so wish I had never tried for another baby, I have stopped telling people am pregnant, I have friends that don't know. I don't want to talk about the baby or think about it! I feel sorry for it, imagine causing this much upset just for something you did not choose, I am such a wretched person!
You are allowed to feel all your feelings, but you are NOT a wretched person. At all. You are sad and everyone here understands and empathizes with you.

I think you have to accept that you will feel awful before you feel good. Work through what you are feeling. Let yourself be. But, you are not a bad person to have these feelings!

*big hugs*

purple
November 20th, 2016, 12:53 AM
I finally had my appointment with my midwife today as it got delayed twice because of her attending births. She seems really nice so that is good. She came to my house which makes everything so much easier. The boys got to listen to bubs heartbeat and DS1 even used the doppler, she was very good at involving the kids.

jenren
November 20th, 2016, 07:26 PM
I finally had my appointment with my midwife today as it got delayed twice because of her attending births. She seems really nice so that is good. She came to my house which makes everything so much easier. The boys got to listen to bubs heartbeat and DS1 even used the doppler, she was very good at involving the kids.
That is great!!! I wish mine came to my house so i didn't have to drag the boys everywhere

purple
November 21st, 2016, 12:18 AM
That is great!!! I wish mine came to my house so i didn't have to drag the boys everywhere

It is great.. and weekend appointments are awesome too as I'm working in the week. The midwife I had with DS1 through the same hospital midwife group made me go in to the hospital for appointments so I thought I would have to do that again. If all goes well I shouldn't have to go anywhere near a hospital :)

All*blue*everything
November 22nd, 2016, 01:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BmsyzWC.jpg

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
November 22nd, 2016, 01:23 PM
Had my scan today my sister in law had hers y2day and we have the exact same due date! What do u think gender is??

Sent from mTalk

Girlieplease
November 22nd, 2016, 01:26 PM
Looks girly to me, congratulations on your baby, what did you think yourself? X

All*blue*everything
November 22nd, 2016, 01:29 PM
Looks girly to me, congratulations on your baby, what did you think yourself? X
I had no clue lol! Although it looks like it has a big forehead so maybe boy lol

Sent from mTalk

Magical22
November 22nd, 2016, 02:52 PM
Had my scan today my sister in law had hers y2day and we have the exact same due date! What do u think gender is??

Sent from mTalk

What does your SIL already have?

Burakoam
November 22nd, 2016, 03:50 PM
all*blue- i am thinking boy..but i may be seeing chord...with the back arched its hard to tell

All*blue*everything
November 22nd, 2016, 04:30 PM
What does your SIL already have?

1 boy, I just don't want her to have a girl and me a boy I know that's awful! I don't mind us both having boys I just can't be the only one of my hubbys family of 6siblings with no girl

Sent from mTalk

Magical22
November 22nd, 2016, 05:18 PM
1 boy, I just don't want her to have a girl and me a boy I know that's awful! I don't mind us both having boys I just can't be the only one of my hubbys family of 6siblings with no girl

Sent from mTalk

Yes I've been there, I'm still there, only one on DHs side without a daughter, and constantly reminded of it like a failure. 3 boys I feel like a freak! It's bad I know but I've really pulled myself away from that side of the family the pressure to have a girl is to much.

purple
November 23rd, 2016, 01:47 AM
Did you get any other photos All Blue? It's hard to tell with the arching. Did you see your SIL's scan?

All*blue*everything
November 23rd, 2016, 02:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/k5NuWPh.jpg

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
November 23rd, 2016, 02:06 AM
That's my sister in laws x I only got the one photo of mine x

Sent from mTalk

Girlieplease
November 23rd, 2016, 06:15 AM

Sent from mTalk

I have this situation, my sister in law is due in February with a girl and it has added significantly to my gender disappointment. I have also had this twice before, my other sister law has two girls. With ds1 I was told at 20 weeks scan he was a girl, when I was 36 weeks I had a scan and I saw he was a boy, I was so upset and the very next day my sister in law gave birth to a girl, she did not know what she was having and always thought it was a boy. When I got pregnant with ds2, the day before my induction with him, same sister in law announced they were expecting second girl! I hope you get your girl, it makes it so much worse when other family members are having your desired gender x

lindz
November 23rd, 2016, 09:22 AM

Sent from mTalk

I'm in this situation too. My husband is the youngest of 6, so they're all done having kids now. All have at least one of each. It makes my gd so much worse thinking I might be the only family with all boys. At least in some families they have the excuse of boys run in our families, even if it's just some kind of coincidence. For me it sucks to see that my husband's brothers had no problems having girls because it makes me feel like it's somehow my fault. My in laws had a perfect 3 boys 3 girls family and got a pigeon pair right in the beginning, so they're convinced I'll get my girl next. I wish it was that easy..

jdd1017
November 24th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! [emoji260][emoji884][emoji262]I am so thankful to have a group of people who can relate to gender desire and disappointment! I hope you all have a wonderful day spent with your family and friends!![emoji4]

purple
November 24th, 2016, 09:07 PM
No holidays here but happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate. We have to wait for Christmas day to stuff ourselves silly (no thinking about LE diet this year!).

I might have to start thinking about what I can wear Christmas day... although I don't know if it will be really hot this year or a bit on the cooler side (which is probably still warmer than those in the northern hemisphere).

Today (25th) is actually my 10th wedding anniversary :)

Lissastick
November 25th, 2016, 01:46 AM
My husband is considering letting me have an elective ultrasound!! This weekend!!

I don't know if I should. I'm nervous. I'll be 16 weeks on Monday.

purple
November 25th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Oh yay! Go do it as you have to find out sooner or later. I was so nervous the week before mine so this way you only have to be nervous a few days :)

Burakoam
November 25th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Lissa that is so sweet and awesome of him given his feelings about elective ultrasounds...do it!!! I have had many elective ultrasounds all 4 times and all my babies are just fine.. I doubt one extra ultrasound will hurt your LO... I hope he decides to let you and you get to see baby and know gender early!!

Lissastick
November 25th, 2016, 03:39 PM
We are going today at 4pm!!! Yikes! I'm so nervous!!

Cinss
November 25th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Enjoy Lissa 😀

purple
November 25th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Good luck!!!

I accidentally googled time in Southern Carolina and thought you had already had the scan but then realised you are in Southern California so still 30 mins to go. I bet you are so nervous!!

Burakoam
November 25th, 2016, 07:11 PM
eagerly waiting to hear back from you lissa :) i hope you are surprised and it is your girl!

Burakoam
November 25th, 2016, 07:15 PM
i am having some really intense low looowwww back pain and pelvic pressure..not sure if i just have a low pain tolerance and im a pansy or if i should actually be concnerned...when i was walking earlier with family i genuinely felt i was going to pass out from the pain...and i had to squat and look stupid in public to try and get some relief from the pressure...got home and took a hot bath and a nap..ive been chugging water...i just dont know when i should call the OB or if i even should :(

purple
November 25th, 2016, 07:35 PM
If you are worried then call so it puts your mind at ease.

Eagerly awaiting your news lissa!

Lissastick
November 25th, 2016, 08:29 PM
He's definitely a boy. We saw his penis and saw him touching his penis. Haha. Just like his big brother did and always does.

I'm doing alright because I knew it was a boy all along. I started grieving for the daughter I will never have long ago.

I'm convinced the Universe doesn't trust me with a girl. I have to respect that.

I'm totally sad. Not gonna lie. But, I love him. And I can't wait to meet him.

I totally didn't cry at the u/s! I'm starting to now, but I held it together. I'm proud of myself!

Burakoam
November 25th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Congratulations Lissa... I am sure your boys will be the best of friends and I am proud of you for what it's worth for holding it together so well. How does your husband feel? Did he enjoy seeing his newest son? So funny that he was playing with his junk as if to say "lookie here" LOL

Your ds1 is about the age my oldest was when my middle daughter was born and she was so in love with her as a newborn she wanted to hold her and feed her and help with diapers.. maybe DS1 will be your little helper :)

Lissastick
November 26th, 2016, 12:17 AM
My husband has always maintained that he didn't have a real preference and if he did, he preferred another boy. He was not as excited to find out the sex as he was with my first son. We were both so excited and happy that we were having a boy last time. This time he didn't say anything.

I'm glad I know now and there's nothing holding me back from bonding with him. I'm totally not worried about him anymore. It was hard for me to connect with him before, even when I had a glimmer of hope that he might be a she...
Now that I know more, I'm connecting with him a lot now.

My pregnancy is so different already. I feel more relaxed.

I prepared myself for this before I got pregnant, so I think that's helped me not take this too hard.

Cinss
November 26th, 2016, 12:58 AM
Sorry you didn't hear girl today Lissa.

Lissastick
November 26th, 2016, 02:08 AM
Sorry you didn't hear girl today Lissa.
That's ok. I really wasn't expecting to hear girl.

All*blue*everything
November 26th, 2016, 03:49 AM
Congrats in your little boy x hearing what you've said about being happy u found out and now bonding more i really can't decide if I should find out my baby's gender. I was going to have a surprise mainly because I cant face telling everyone who asks that im having a 5th boy and getting stupid comments..my boys are all desperate for a sister and I thought if we wait til its born they will love him regardless but now im wondering if they should have time to deal with it being a boy rather then having hope for months...

Sent from mTalk

purple
November 26th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Congrats on your boy Lissa!! Having two boys is really special and they have lots of fun together. I'm glad you are feeling more relaxed already, it sounds like the early ultrasound was the right thing to do as now you have more time to enjoy being pregnant and not worrying about gender. I don't think the universe wouldn't trust you with a girl though, it may have just decided that you would make an awesome two boy mom :)

Girlieplease
November 26th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Congratulations Lissastick, I love having two boys,atomic always says boys are like shoes they should come in pairs. I think your attitude is amazing, you have two lucky boys! I feel worse everyday and just cannot seem to get out of this! X

Burakoam
November 26th, 2016, 04:01 PM
You did an awesome job preparing yourself lissa..i can promise that did probably help. I was so certain my sway had worked. I got the call and was grinning ear to ear ready to hear fully 100% i had my boy and then felt like i was dying when she said it was a healthy girl. If i had even considered my sway failed at that time it would have hurt less i am sure

Lissastick
November 26th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Congratulations Lissastick, I love having two boys,atomic always says boys are like shoes they should come in pairs. I think your attitude is amazing, you have two lucky boys! I feel worse everyday and just cannot seem to get out of this! X
Thank you.

I just know it will get better for you, Girlie. Keep taking it one day at a time.

I had a cry about never having a daughter last night. My mom called five minutes later and said she sensed that I was sad and asked if I needed to talk. She understands how I feel 100% even though she got her Pigeon pair. That conversation made me even MORE sad that I won't be welcoming a little girl in May. My mom and I have such a powerful and special bond.

I only hope I can have something similar with my boys. My DS1 seems to be very connected to me emotionally, which is amazing. I hope it stays that way!

Girlie, please message me if you need to. I'm here for you.

Lissastick
November 26th, 2016, 05:28 PM
You did an awesome job preparing yourself lissa..i can promise that did probably help. I was so certain my sway had worked. I got the call and was grinning ear to ear ready to hear fully 100% i had my boy and then felt like i was dying when she said it was a healthy girl. If i had even considered my sway failed at that time it would have hurt less i am sure

My heart is broken for you. Truly.
To be honest, I wasn't confident in my sway and I am such a negative person by nature. I felt like I never stood a chance. Always had a feeling deep down that I would only be a mother of boys. I've only been in denial about accepting that the last few years.

The way I think goes against what this site is about. I know people have had successful sways, but, I never felt like I had control.

That's why my disappointment is turning into excitement and happiness with each minute. I'm just embracing it.

But, I'm just like everyone else. I'll always yearn for that opposite gender. My heart will never feel full or complete. I have to deal with that sad reality.

Burakoam
November 26th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Yes. Im there with you. Wether its 2 boys or 4 girls we both have to accept that if we are truly done then there is no chance. I am ultimately better than i was when i first found out but i know i will always wonder what a son would have been like..looked like...what his personality would have been like. Dream of seeing my husband doing father/son things with our son...it will get easier i am sure and i will think about it less often but i know it will probably always be there. i really hope that DD3 or DD4 give us a grandson, lol..

All*blue*everything
November 27th, 2016, 03:06 AM
Did anyone do the gender ring test where u do it between your fingers and over your hand and it tells u all your kids genders and then what u will have next? I've know loads of people do it and its been accurate! I've done it again today I also did it a few weeks ago and all 3 times its said 4 boys and then a girl! My son watched me do it today and it was so freaky how I did it exactly the same all 5 times and the boys were so obvious and then it completely changed for the 5th and swang girl...i know its prob stupid to some but it gives me hope lol!

Sent from mTalk

Cinss
November 27th, 2016, 03:18 AM
I never did the ring test but I hope its right for you Allblue, guess you will find out soon.

Burakoam
November 27th, 2016, 11:33 AM
I did the ring test and it was accurate until this pregnancy...it said Girl, Boy (miscarriage), Girl, Girl, Boy...

All*blue*everything
November 27th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I did the ring test and it was accurate until this pregnancy...it said Girl, Boy (miscarriage), Girl, Girl, Boy...
Maybe it can't get the baby we are carrying right!

Sent from mTalk

Lissastick
November 27th, 2016, 05:19 PM
I did it a long time ago and I think it said what has happened to me. Three pregnancies: boy, girl (miscarriage), boy.

So that's it for me.
I don't know for certain if my miscarriage was a girl, but I and my husband had a very strong feeling the baby was a girl.

Burakoam
November 27th, 2016, 05:54 PM
I believe your gut is most often right lissa. I have no way of knowing my miscarriage was a boy either but there are things that lead credence..the baby's dad was RH positive...which he got from his father as his mother was RH negative like i was but she had alot of early losses before they figured out it was RH incompatibility and she had to take shots to maintain the pregnancies that resulted in him and his brother...seeing as how i am RH negative and that baby was my only miscarriage thus far i feel its safe to say it was an RH positive baby, and a boy..so he got it from his dad and his dads dad..and thats why i lost him.'

However if i had to choose between that being my only son, or keeping my past with the miscarriage...i would choose the miscarriage every time at this point. that relationship was terrible and i would have hated to have any reminder of it or anything that kept his crazy dad around. (completely bat shit guy, really)